CHOOSE YOUR OWWN III - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mods
@Animal Midwife @Dr. ForgotToFlush @kaydubs

Mechanics
Yeet close is 10PM EDT.
Night close is 10AM EDT.
Majority starts Day 2.
Assume yeet is closed when majority is hit even if no mod is available.
No Yeet is allowed.

Rules
1. Make at least 10 posts per game day. Naked yeet votes don't count.
2. Everything may be edited but yeet votes. Just be sure to not delete stuff.
3. No quoting, copypasting, or otherwise duplicating mod messages from role PM. Use paraphrasing.
4. No screenshots.
5. No asking for subs on thread. Use your role PM instead.
6. Dead cannot post anything in game thread but encouragement for their preferred team.
7. Spectators cannot post in game thread.

Roster
1. @potentialsheltervet
2. @WonderingStudent
3. @alleycat03
4. @genny
5. @WorthlessOxygen
6. @Truenamer
7. @WildZoo
7.7 @Stagg737
8. @Zenge142
9. @Viscernable
10. @alissa14
11. @Chaostrodon
Twelve. @mkg323
utc. @supershorty
33. @LuminousLag
uts. @Lawpy

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Discards
PSV - Alien 1x Diplomat
Wonder - Village Miller
alley - 1x Villager
genny - Village 1x Commuter
O2 - Survivor
True - Village Lover
dubz - Village Mason
Stagg - Underdog
Zenge - Watchlisted Villager
Vis - Vanillager
alissa - Alien Sympathiser
Chaos - Village Godfather
mkg - Village Doctor
shorty - Alpha Goon
Lumi - Vanillager
Lawpy - Wolf 1x Paranoid Gun Owner

Members don't see this ad :)
oh thank god, I wasn't going to be able to take it if I did a repeat of my champs game and screamed first only to be third.

At least here I could edit my shame away in that scenario.

• Care
  • Haha
Discards
PSV - Alien 1x Diplomat
Wonder - Village Miller
alley - 1x Villager
O2 - Survivor
True - Village Lover
dubz - Village Mason
Stagg - Underdog
Vis - Vanillager
mkg - Village Doctor
shorty - Alpha Goon
Lumi - Vanillager
Engaged

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last time we played CYO, I think it was Chaos who encouraged everyone to claim what role they used for AFFILIATION pretty early on, and I like the thinking behind that since you can catch slips later with it.

THIS IS TALKING ABOUT YOUR CHOICE FOR AFFILIATION, NOT ABILITY. DO NOT CLAIM YOUR ROLE.

I used town mason/lover for my aff.

RNGesus has a real trolly sense of humor giving me a lover possibility after my experience last year.

• Care
I used village enabler for my affiliation

HELLO THERE

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Oho made it on the first page

Alignment: village (from village mason)

Reactions: 1 user
Dang we could have made a super mason group
I thought nobody else would rand or even choose to be mason, and I didn’t want to be a solo mason 😭

• Care
One-shot Townie

It was kinda weird and basically turned me from village to 3P survivor if I understood the wiki correctly.
Oh, I see. It's #86 on the list. Thanks.

Dang we could have made a super mason group
We could have ... but there's no guarantee that masons are town in this setup and that's extremely spooky.

• Care
I thought nobody else would rand or even choose to be mason, and I didn’t want to be a solo mason 😭
thinks back to last year when not only could I have been town masons with Zenge, but he instead was a solo mason because I got too spooked by the mason option and then I misyeeted him just to really put the icing on the bad decisions cake

:eggface:

• Care
thinks back to last year when not only could I have been town masons with Zenge, but he instead was a solo mason because I got too spooked by the mason option and then I misyeeted him just to really put the icing on the bad decisions cake

:eggface:
Is this the same game as the loverizing controversy

Discards
PSV - Alien 1x Diplomat
Wonder - Village Miller
alley - 1x Villager
O2 - Survivor
True - Village Lover
dubz - Village Mason
Stagg - Underdog
Vis - Vanillager
mkg - Village Doctor
shorty - Alpha Goon
Lumi - Vanillager
I don’t think I saw a village godfather in play on here before :unsure:

Or aliens for that matter.

• Hmm
Oh, I see. It's #86 on the list. Thanks.

We could have ... but there's no guarantee that masons are town in this setup and that's extremely spooky.
Yes, another reason why I discarded it. The main benefit of having a mason chat is *knowing* the other person is also village.

If I’m getting a PM, I would prefer to choose who it’s with, like last game when I made mayor chat

Last time we played CYO, I think it was Chaos who encouraged everyone to claim what role they used for AFFILIATION pretty early on, and I like the thinking behind that since you can catch slips later with it.

THIS IS TALKING ABOUT YOUR CHOICE FOR AFFILIATION, NOT ABILITY. DO NOT CLAIM YOUR ROLE.

I used town mason/lover for my aff.

RNGesus has a real trolly sense of humor giving me a lover possibility after my experience last year.
Oh, interesting.

Mine was a little weird: I randed Village Lover twice. Lover being a strictly-downside ability, I threw one away and used the other for affiliation.

• Wow
I’m going to revisit CYO 2 atm
I'd be grateful for any general take-aways people who played the previous CYO's can share; I've never done a game like this and it feels pretty different from a normal game at first glance.

(I'll try and get around to reading them myself but I'm eloping in a few days and things are a bit hectic in the Stoat-True household)

• Care
  • Love
Oh, interesting.

Mine was a little weird: I randed Village Lover twice. Lover being a strictly-downside ability, I threw one away and used the other for affiliation.
Well now I'm extra glad that I didn't use mason/lover as my ability, knowing that there was even the possibility of BOTH of them being in effect if people had chosen differently.

Imagine how angery I would have been if I'd ended up both with a PM for mason chat and a PM for lover chat. And been a lover AGAIN. I would have flipped a table over lol

• Care
Well now I'm extra glad that I didn't use mason/lover as my ability, knowing that there was even the possibility of BOTH of them being in effect if people had chosen differently.

Imagine how angery I would have been if I'd ended up both with a PM for mason chat and a PM for lover chat. And been a lover AGAIN. I would have flipped a table over lol
I'm now imagining the massive PM-pile of wolves, aliens, masons, lovers, and god-knows what else (goons?) that could have been if we all played like Stoat

• Haha
  • Wow
Can't believe that shorty threw away the Alpha role, simply because the idea of an Alpha Villager is extremely funny to me

• Hmm
Tbh I'm not even sure why that role has the Alpha part in front of it because the description in the roles list just sounds like it's your standard mafia goon.