CHOOSE YOUR OWWN III - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tbh I'm not even sure why that role has the Alpha part in front of it because the description in the roles list just sounds like it's your standard mafia goon.
Yeah idk, the definitions are apparently the same?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be grateful for any general take-aways people who played the previous CYO's can share; I've never done a game like this and it feels pretty different from a normal game at first glance.

(I'll try and get around to reading them myself but I'm eloping in a few days and things are a bit hectic in the Stoat-True household)
This post makes me feel a little funny. Giving me some LiterWWary flashbacks.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Day 1 Yeet Tally
Stagg (1) - dubz
mkg (1) - Lawpy

2/16
yeet close in ~33.5 hours

Reactions: 1 user
Last time we played CYO, I think it was Chaos who encouraged everyone to claim what role they used for AFFILIATION pretty early on, and I like the thinking behind that since you can catch slips later with it.

THIS IS TALKING ABOUT YOUR CHOICE FOR AFFILIATION, NOT ABILITY. DO NOT CLAIM YOUR ROLE.

I used town mason/lover for my aff.

RNGesus has a real trolly sense of humor giving me a lover possibility after my experience last year.
Town Lover.

Reactions: 1 users
Dartboard reads: Staggs, WZ, MKG, Truey

I am hoping dartboard reads doesnt mean going by discards

Last time we played CYO, I think it was Chaos who encouraged everyone to claim what role they used for AFFILIATION pretty early on, and I like the thinking behind that since you can catch slips later with it.

THIS IS TALKING ABOUT YOUR CHOICE FOR AFFILIATION, NOT ABILITY. DO NOT CLAIM YOUR ROLE.

I used town mason/lover for my aff.

RNGesus has a real trolly sense of humor giving me a lover possibility after my experience last year.

YES , Thank you.

So this time you can do the arguing with multiple people on why it makes sense

Im black goo aligned (Thats town btw , even tho the name looks very scummy)

I don’t think I saw a village godfather in play on here before :unsure:

Or aliens for that matter.

Village godfather is just Vanilla townie with a fancy name

• Hmm
  • Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say "dang, we could have been lovers" but having a suicide pact isn't really my ideal romance
But Romeo and Juliet worked out so well in the end…for Shakespeare anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I was under the impression that Zenge was hosting the game up unto this point

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Why have you two exchanged clothes

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Im black goo aligned (Thats town btw , even tho the name looks very scummy)
  • Black Goo: Anyone who targets you will become part of the Cult faction.
Scared Animation GIF by Mashed

• Care
Why have you two exchanged clothes
Everyone did Swaps for the Anniversary game. You might notice Lawpy is April from Parks and Rec, a common avatar of supershorty’s (though Lawpy used a different April). Or that MKG is currently using Samac’s usual avatar.

• Hmm
Black goo is not...town aff...is it?
It says they win when all threats to town are dead. But then there’s the whole “cult” bit. So I honestly don’t know what to think about it.

It’s a hell of a gambit for a wolf/mafia to claim to avoid being targeted though.

I kind of want to just leave it for now but it’s also an big 😬

Discards
PSV - Alien 1x Diplomat
Wonder - Village Miller
alley - 1x Villager
genny - Village 1x Commuter
O2 - Survivor
True - Village Lover
dubz - Village Mason
Stagg - Underdog
Zenge - Watchlisted Villager
Vis - Vanillager
alissa - Alien Sympathiser
Chaos - Village Godfather
mkg - Village Doctor
shorty - Alpha Goon
Lumi - Vanillager
Lawpy - Wolf 1x Paranoid Gun Owner
I know that we absolutely shouldn't read too much into these, but I'll eat an entire [thing people don't normally eat] if shorty is scum

It says they win when all threats to town are dead. But then there’s the whole “cult” bit. So I honestly don’t know what to think about it.

It’s a hell of a gambit for a wolf/mafia to claim to avoid being targeted though.

Yeah I'm not gonna worry about it. I know chaos is a crazy wolf but it would be an odd one to claim if not real.

Vote Worthless Oxygen

Mainly coz I think the name is really nice

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
The wincon is town-aligned per the wiki
Yeah, and it's in the town list. Wild.

The only black goo I've actually seen in a game before was in Worst Idea, and I only remember it because of AM saying "Your ass is grass and I'm the mower," and Pippy responding with "Good luck mowing this" and a black goo gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Its just an alignment not a role , So you can target me all you want , I wont put you in a cult

I know that we absolutely shouldn't read too much into these, but I'll eat an entire [thing people don't normally eat] if shorty is scum
Given how much that argument was used for putting alley in some village lists in the last iteration of this game (and recognizing they're different players, but still), and that we don't know for sure if shorty had the option to be town, this is irrelevant for me.

It wouldn't matter for that second line since he's claiming it for affiliation.

Its just an alignment not a role , So you can target me all you want , I wont put you in a cult
Ooooh right. I always forget that part. Okay.

• Hmm
Yeah, and it's in the town list. Wild.

The only black goo I've actually seen in a game before was in Worst Idea, and I only remember it because of AM saying "Your ass is grass and I'm the mower," and Pippy responding with "Good luck mowing this" and a black goo gif
Yeah black goo was definitely NOT town-aligned in that game, hence my initial confusion :laugh:

I like how my tablet is being delayed on loading new responses to the thread :mad:
The site is just refusing to load on my phone right now, it's like it knows I have a bunch of work to do :mad:

• Care
Oh hey I'm only two pages behind?

My affiliation is village from bulletproof townie

• Care
Yeet True

Posts 43 and 75 are tickly. 86 is a little tickly too, but the site is glitching a fair amount for me so that one bothers me slightly less.

• Hmm
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Everyone did Swaps for the Anniversary game. You might notice Lawpy is April from Parks and Rec, a common avatar of supershorty’s (though Lawpy used a different April). Or that MKG is currently using Samac’s usual avatar.
Why did you use my full name, you're not my mom

• Care
Hang on. I'm confused on what's going on with claiming affiliation. How is that beneficial? Wouldn't wolves/goons just claim town alignment no matter what?

• Hmm
Hang on. I'm confused on what's going on with claiming affiliation. How is that beneficial? Wouldn't wolves/goons just claim town alignment no matter what?
Yes, I fully expect that everyone will magically be town in their claims, but there's information to be gained from it that can be used to catch slips later on.

Yeet True

Posts 43 and 75 are tickly. 86 is a little tickly too, but the site is glitching a fair amount for me so that one bothers me slightly less.
shorty pls, numbers don't automatically link to posts here :p

• Sad
Let me try something.

I'd be grateful for any general take-aways people who played the previous CYO's can share; I've never done a game like this and it feels pretty different from a normal game at first glance.

(I'll try and get around to reading them myself but I'm eloping in a few days and things are a bit hectic in the Stoat-True household)
The site is just refusing to load on my phone right now, it's like it knows I have a bunch of work to do :mad:

Edit: ok, it worked when I went into BB code mode. Interesting. Anyway, these are the ones that bothered me @WildZoo.

• Hmm