You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CHOOSE YOUR OWWN III - Game Thread
Started by Animal Midwife
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
How would scum from a different faction know they're not a bloodhound?Thats assuming their actually a bloodhound, couldn’t it be that their scum and the other scum don’t feel the need to target them?
Explain zealouslyThats assuming their actually a bloodhound, couldn’t it be that their scum and the other scum don’t feel the need to target them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Actually, how would scum from a different faction even know they're scum?How would scum from a different faction know they're not a bloodhound?
That's my point. No matter what aff Lumi is, if there are multiple scum factions I'm surprised they're not dead. That's why I said the bloodhound claim should be self-resolving yesterday and wasn't interested in voting there.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
My assumption is that the scum factions either don't believe them, or are waiting to see if they actually have the kind of information a bloodhound should have today.Actually, how would scum from a different faction even know they're scum?
That's my point. No matter what aff Lumi is, if there are multiple scum factions I'm surprised they're not dead. That's why I said the bloodhound claim should be self-resolving yesterday and wasn't interested in voting there.
Since they've role revealed, they should be able to tell us who they used their PR on. Unless maybe they want to backtrack on the claim?
Either way, really hoping we can talk to them soon.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm hoping for a third claim myselfMy assumption is that the scum factions either don't believe them, or are waiting to see if they actually have the kind of information a bloodhound should have today.
Since they've role revealed, they should be able to tell us who they used their PR on. Unless maybe they want to backtrack on the claim?
Either way, really hoping we can talk to them soon.

WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I am a bit concerned about the disappearance. Like, on a game level, but also on a "are they okay?" level. They did vote for themselves and leave for a while during the champs qualifier iirc, but that was when there was a big push to yeet them and I think in this case they disappeared prior to getting a lot of votes?
They wouldn’t, unless they’re in a pack, but you seriously can’t tell me Lumi hasn’t been acting scummy? Like you only are pointing out options with lumi being village, and I don’t see why scum would kill lumi regardless of actual affiliation, because they are getting heat and as a bonus, if they are actually scum, then they have the mutual goal of killing villagers every night.How would scum from a different faction know they're not a bloodhound?
Are you village reading Lumi?
Hm, will take into considerationContext is important. This isn't a game where she posted 5 times and was otherwise completely absent or seemed like she was behind on the thread, and so I couldn't get any sort of read yet.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm not saying that, I'm saying I've also seen players like Lumi make 5D chess moves like that as village, so yes them being village is still a possibility to me. Them being scum is also very possible.They wouldn’t, unless they’re in a pack, but you seriously can’t tell me Lumi hasn’t been acting scummy? Like you only are pointing out options with lumi being village, and I don’t see why scum would kill lumi regardless of actual affiliation, because they are getting heat and as a bonus, if they are actually scum, then they have the mutual goal of killing villagers every night.
Are you village reading Lumi?
You really don't see why scum would be interested in killing a seer that isn't on their team? All I was saying was that it interests me that they weren't targeted at all, no matter what their affiliation.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Basically, unless one scum faction that includes Lumi killed multiple people last night, we know for a fact that scum decided Lumi's seer claim wasn't dangerous enough to kill, no matter their affiliation.
To me this means that yes, scum decided it was worth it to see if we would vote Lumi out for them. Perhaps they even evaluated things themselves and decided Lumi was lying (bold, but I like the spunk!). It makes it less cut and dry for me though. I can't just say "Well they're alive, so we must kill them" because the guarantee that they are scum doesn't exist in this gamestate.
There's a secondary possibility that someone in a different scum faction actually has the bloodhound role, which would be hilarious.
I guess you could try to get into the probabilities of one scum faction deciding to pass on killing them for a night (indicating Lumi is scum) vs multiple deciding to do so (indicating Lumi is village), but I don't really know how to evaluate that.
I think I will keep thinking in circles about it until they return.
To me this means that yes, scum decided it was worth it to see if we would vote Lumi out for them. Perhaps they even evaluated things themselves and decided Lumi was lying (bold, but I like the spunk!). It makes it less cut and dry for me though. I can't just say "Well they're alive, so we must kill them" because the guarantee that they are scum doesn't exist in this gamestate.
There's a secondary possibility that someone in a different scum faction actually has the bloodhound role, which would be hilarious.
I guess you could try to get into the probabilities of one scum faction deciding to pass on killing them for a night (indicating Lumi is scum) vs multiple deciding to do so (indicating Lumi is village), but I don't really know how to evaluate that.
I think I will keep thinking in circles about it until they return.
I do get that, it is interesting. I think the difference in our views is that I’m not really sure if I believe the bloodhound claim, so it just didn’t factor as heavily for me when considering why they’re alive.I'm not saying that, I'm saying I've also seen players like Lumi make 5D chess moves like that as village, so yes them being village is still a possibility to me. Them being scum is also very possible.
You really don't see why scum would be interested in killing a seer that isn't on their team? All I was saying was that it interests me that they weren't targeted at all, no matter what their affiliation.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Well, good to know you wouldn't have targeted Lumi last night then 😉I do get that, it is interesting. I think the difference in our views is that I’m not really sure if I believe the bloodhound claim, so it just didn’t factor as heavily for me when considering why they’re alive.
Why Lumi?I will say last night's kills make me feel worse about Lumi and mkg
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
See above discussion about everybody deciding the seer claim wasn't worth deadingWhy Lumi?
Yeah, but there are much worse roles out there. I wouldn’t hate it, especially with such a nice upsideI guess, but you'd still be setting yourself up to create another faction to deal with in meeting your wincon.
This is spooky but it’s also the kind of spooky that I think village True would also post lolI don't want to get too deep into NK analysis, but given that there are four kills, I'm currently operating under the assumption that we have at least one Wolf and one Mafia Goon, plus either a two Vigilantes (of either village or scum alignment) or one Vig and an Alien who decided to use their single factional kill last night.
But I guess with so many powers in play, it could have been a lot of things. Might need to go clicking through the list today.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I really only see it going two ways: You either lose to cult, or the final cult member outs you while they're being voted out. Seems better just to be village if you have the choice lolYeah, but there are much worse roles out there. I wouldn’t hate it, especially with such a nice upside
@Viscernable plsCan I get your more detailed thoughts on True? I feel like you, Lawpy, shorty, PSV are all seeing something I’m missing.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Wait, the Black Goo cultists can't propagate any further, right? They just get set to the new alignment.I really only see it going two ways: You either lose to cult, or the final cult member outs you while they're being voted out. Seems better just to be village if you have the choice lol
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Assuming Cult doesn't exist in the game already, yeah.Wait, the Black Goo cultists can't propagate any further, right? They just get set to the new alignment.
I’m
In a role madness game like this one, I don’t want to make the assumption that Lumi wasn’t targeted by scum. There are multiple roles out there that could’ve protected Lumi. There are 3 factions with a kill ability and this doesn’t count all the roles with a night kill ability. I’m currently trying to sort in my head whether I can conclude if my stumpification was scum or village and the same with the other deaths
*************
***********You really don't see why scum would be interested in killing a seer that isn't on their team? All I was saying was that it interests me that they weren't targeted at all, no matter what their affiliation.
In a role madness game like this one, I don’t want to make the assumption that Lumi wasn’t targeted by scum. There are multiple roles out there that could’ve protected Lumi. There are 3 factions with a kill ability and this doesn’t count all the roles with a night kill ability. I’m currently trying to sort in my head whether I can conclude if my stumpification was scum or village and the same with the other deaths
*************
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oof pls don't introduce the possibility of a 5th kill lol I know it's possible but I don't think it's very likely. I'm spooked enough by the apparent coordination in the kills that happened.I’m
***********
In a role madness game like this one, I don’t want to make the assumption that Lumi wasn’t targeted by scum. There are multiple roles out there that could’ve protected Lumi. There are 3 factions with a kill ability and this doesn’t count all the roles with a night kill ability. I’m currently trying to sort in my head whether I can conclude if my stumpification was scum or village and the same with the other deaths
*************
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Sure, give me a minute, I gave one yesterday and I need a sec to update it***********
I’m a traditionalist. @Truenamer can I get a list of reads. I don’t need reasoning, just how you currently order all players how you rate them from most to least sus?
***********
***********Oof pls don't introduce the possibility of a 5th kill lol I know it's possible but I don't think it's very likely. I'm spooked enough by the apparent coordination in the kills that happened.
I’m more spooked that nobody alive (other than me) is talking about night actions. In a role madness game, you’re saying nobody had anything weird happen to them that they wanna talk about?
*************
****************************Sure, give me a minute, I gave one yesterday and I need a sec to update it
Please quote that one too! I’m trying to save myself the time lol
****************************
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nothing happened to me. I don't remember if actions are usually loud in these games though.***********
I’m more spooked that nobody alive (other than me) is talking about night actions. In a role madness game, you’re saying nobody had anything weird happen to them that they wanna talk about?
*************
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Updated rough list:Thread quiet so I'll give my rough thoughts, apologies if I've mixed people up in my head. This is in rough order.
Villageish:
Wonder - one of the Goo Trio, the last to announce. Their position is extremely fragile since they've barely posted, but it would be insanely bold for scum to jump into a situation like that when it wasn't necessary.
shorty - She's not happy with me, but it's in a way that feels exactly like her previous (village) games.
PSV - Likewise, this feels like village PSV. I'd like to think I'm getting decent at reading her.
Zenge - After seeing his scum play from the other side of the table, I feel more comfortable saying that this looks like village Zenge. Scum Zenge has a way of fading into the background almost completely, which is not what I'm getting this game (despite his usual D1 quietness. It's a different kind of quietness.)
Messy Middle:
Dubz - Not here because of anything bad, just because I can't personally read her and happily rode along as she ate the village in stardeWW.
Lawpy - Behaving Lawpishly. I have no idea what scum!Lawp looks like, so he gets to hang out here with Dubz.
I haven't developed a clear opinion on Alley, WO2, Visc, or mkg.
genny - Would really appreciate more content posts from her, but there's nothing to send her below my neutrals at this point. Will be happy to vote here if the going gets tough and she seems to be gliding by like last game.
alissa - Don't know her very well, so I have mostly-unfounded bad vibes. Seems to be slightly confrontational in a way that doesn't quite feel right for a villager on D1, but I have a bias against people I don't know yet.
>:[
Lumi - One of the Goo Trio. They're either scum or have an extremely bad case of fancy play syndrome. Given that this is a multiball game, they could both be trying to catch scum and be one themself, so I'm not sure how much weight to give to their 'plan' or the message in their first post.
Chaos - One of the Goo Trio. Claims Judas. After sleeping on it, I find this claim to be extremely convenient and exactly what you would say if you were trying to get out from under getting caught in a lie on D1.
and finally Stagg appears to be afk, unfortunately. Hope that isn't the case!
Did I miss anyone?
Zenge
Wonder
Dubz
Vissy
Alley
WO2
genny
Lumi
No rating: Mayo-Stagg
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Nothing happened to me either. I've probably done the most discussing of night actions of anyone else on the thread, too.Nothing happened to me. I don't remember if actions are usually loud in these games though.
Would really appreciate more discussion from the peanut gallery, I feel like without shorty and PSV the thread is dead (and dead threads are pro scum)
***********************************Nothing happened to me. I don't remember if actions are usually loud in these games though.
I can attest they are not. I was basically told by AM that I died. But can continue to post on thread. FTF clarified I was stumped. No extra flavor or flair to read in to.
****************************
****************************No rating: Mayo-Stagg
Magg or Stayo? 🤔
****************************
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I meant whether actions are loud meaning people would know if things happened to them, vs quiet where they would only know if it affected their own action. So it might be no one is talking about night actions because they don't know they happened.***********************************
I can attest they are not. I was basically told by AM that I died. But can continue to post on thread. FTF clarified I was stumped. No extra flavor or flair to read in to.
****************************
****************************Updated rough list:
Zenge
Wonder
Dubz
Vissy
Alley
WO2
genny
Lumi
No rating: Mayo-Stagg
Do you have no additional reads behind keeping alley and in neutral? I also see your village reads have not changed.
****************************
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I wasn't told when my PGO shot went off last year, and I don't think people were told when they were seered in the first game
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Now that I know you're village this feels nice. I'm sorry I get so spooked by being village read early lol sometimes I overcorrect in my attempts to avoid pocketing****************************
I can’t get scum read and yeeted for saying this now so I’m gonna say it again. Ngl getting strong village vibes from Dubz again lol
****************************
****************************Updated rough list:
Zenge
Wonder
Dubz
Vissy
Alley
WO2
genny
Lumi
No rating: Mayo-Stagg
Idk if anyone else is feeling this but…..
So much has happened and you’re trying to sell me that nothing about your reads have changed? Other than the new one lacks the dead players? Sus
Just to confirm: majority is in effect now, right?
I don't want to go yeeting all willy nilly if it's more of a permanent decision
I don't want to go yeeting all willy nilly if it's more of a permanent decision
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yes but that is a good reason to vote early and not wait until everyone is panicking and maj happens by accident.Just to confirm: majority is in effect now, right?
I don't want to go yeeting all willy nilly if it's more of a permanent decision
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
First, I moved Zenge up significantly. It's just hard to tell because a bunch of people who were previously in my village reads died. Not going to apologize for having done a good job figuring out who's village.****************************
Idk if anyone else is feeling this but…..
****************************View attachment 356966
So much has happened and you’re trying to sell me that nothing about your reads have changed? Other than the new one lacks the dead players? Sus
And, you're saying so much has changed; I disagree. I don't think very much has changed at all. What do you think has changed?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I don't think there's much difference in my reads either tbh****************************
Idk if anyone else is feeling this but…..
****************************View attachment 356966
So much has happened and you’re trying to sell me that nothing about your reads have changed? Other than the new one lacks the dead players? Sus
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I don't think there's much difference in my reads either tbh
Yeah, and the majority of people have not given a clear reads list. If they had, I would be surprised if there was a ton of movement between last night and today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
**********************First, I moved Zenge up significantly. It's just hard to tell because a bunch of people who were previously in my village reads died. Not going to apologize for having done a good job figuring out who's village.
And, you're saying so much has changed; I disagree. I don't think very much has changed at all. What do you think has changed?
Well first off, I was stumpified…. So for me things have changed lol.
Second, I think a lot can be gained from death reveals especially in this set up
Third, I really want to hear more on your thoughts on alley and vis specifically because they’ve posted a decent amount and you’re telling me they’re in the neutrals. Actually alley and vis didn’t have any explanations in the first read
**********************
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Going to be honest, it kind of sounds like you were looking for a reason to feel bad about me. You're just kinda sheeping shorty, not sure why.**********************
Well first off, I was stumpified…. So for me things have changed lol.
Second, I think a lot can be gained from death reveals especially in this set up
Third, I really want to hear more on your thoughts on alley and vis specifically because they’ve posted a decent amount and you’re telling me they’re in the neutrals. Actually alley and vis didn’t have any explanations in the first read
**********************
I haven't developed a stronger feeling on Alley since yesterday because I haven't seen enough from her to do so. That's why she's still in the middle.
I feel better about Vissy because her contributions to the thread have been helpful and generally in line with my own thinking. I would still like to hear more from her, but that's largely because I feel like she's being productive and pro-village and want more of it.
Yes, this is trueJust to confirm: majority is in effect now, right?
I don't want to go yeeting all willy nilly if it's more of a permanent decision
**********************
I think I’m struggling to decide whether I think I was targeted by scum or village. I am honestly leaning towards scum over village. I don’t think I was far enough in people’s POEs to get targeted by village but idk. I guess I’m a little salty because I wasn’t even voted for at any point by anyone D1 despite being in several POEs
**********************
I think I’m struggling to decide whether I think I was targeted by scum or village. I am honestly leaning towards scum over village. I don’t think I was far enough in people’s POEs to get targeted by village but idk. I guess I’m a little salty because I wasn’t even voted for at any point by anyone D1 despite being in several POEs
**********************
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6K
- Views
- 158K
