Class of 2018...how you doin? ;)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I passed!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 19 users
Congrats guys! As a former 2018er I've been pulling for you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
I passed!

AoGDV.gif

Reactions: 24 users
Found out I passed and then immediately had to go do anesthesia on the biggest **** show of a situation ever.

WOO!

Reactions: 20 users
Passed!!!!!!! :clap:

I was dying all morning because word went out while we were in rounds, and my appointment showed up immediately after. Didn’t want to check and risk crying in front of a client, so waited till I was free to check a little while ago :laugh: thankfully, no tears were necessary!! Woohoo!! Congrats to the rest of you too!! :)

Reactions: 20 users
PASSED!!! Congrats, fellow 2018ers! We're on our way!

Reactions: 16 users
I passed, but one of my rotation mates didn't. She was so upset, I felt so bad. And it meant the rest of us felt bad being too excited, because we didn't want her to feel like we were rubbing it in her face. But I'm so excited!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I passed, but one of my rotation mates didn't. She was so upset, I felt so bad. And it meant the rest of us felt bad being too excited, because we didn't want her to feel like we were rubbing it in her face. But I'm so excited!!!!

I found out two of my friends didn't pass so I understand that

There is always going to be someone who doesn't pass and it sucks. Especially when you want to feel bad for them and support them but be happy for yourself. Chances are they will pass in April, they have been able to see and feel how the exam goes and they know what to expect better. Everyone in my class who did not pass during the first attempt, passed on the second.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey humans who were offering to share resumes, would you mind sending it my way as well? And if anyone has a good cover letter they wouldn't mind sharing I would appreciate it so much! [email protected] is my email. Now that I've actually passed the NAVLE and feel like I can start looking for jobs I'm like..... oh crap how do I apply for jobs again?!?!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey humans who were offering to share resumes, would you mind sending it my way as well? And if anyone has a good cover letter they wouldn't mind sharing I would appreciate it so much! [email protected] is my email. Now that I've actually passed the NAVLE and feel like I can start looking for jobs I'm like..... oh crap how do I apply for jobs again?!?!
Or if anyone is willing to look at mine? Let me know :D

Tomorrow is the beginning of my LAST EIGHT WEEKS in clinics!!

HALLELUJAH THE END IS IN SIGHT! :clap:

Reactions: 3 users
That's so crazy you only have 8 weeks left! I still have ~4 months haha
Thankfully I have an off block last, otherwise I might have ~4 months too. Though at 15+ months into clinics, I think 4 more months might have killed me :p

Anyone else slogging through a job search?
Yupppp even though I'm like 6.5 months away from finishing still. I have a phone interview tonight and an in person one for another place mid-march

Anyone else slogging through a job search?
My SO and I just got done job searching and I think the month and a half we were heavily searching made me age 4 years. There was so much stress and uncertainty and I really hated every moment of it.

Hang in there, I hope you find something soon!

PS I think I saw recently-ish a thread that was about what people wished they had known or asked when interviewing at a new practice/as a new vet
... if anyone knows what its called of the top of their head please let me know or tag me!

I got my number one choice for internship! I didn’t match but went through the scramble... Sooo stressful but worth it!

It's been so long since I've posted.. but curious if anyone else is taking the CA boards?? Getting a little nervous and wouldn't mind advice :)

Accreditation day (AKA 8 hour lecture day) was today, which makes me realize just how much I did NOT miss the classroom.

In other news, starting tomorrow I only have one more rotation left! 2 more weeks until freedom! :soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
Lucky to be sitting on several job offers, but kinda overwhelmed with it all. I can't believe s***'s about to get real.

Reactions: 5 users
Accreditation day (AKA 8 hour lecture day) was today, which makes me realize just how much I did NOT miss the classroom.

In other news, starting tomorrow I only have one more rotation left! 2 more weeks until freedom! :soexcited:
We lucked out because I guess the usual "8 hour lecture" guy couldn't make it so they sent a sub and he gave us the lectures in only two hours :laugh::laugh:

Lucky to be sitting on several job offers, but kinda overwhelmed with it all. I can't believe s***'s about to get real.
I only have one (very good) offer and its already stressing me out. Visiting two more places at the end of the month and I anticipate offers from both so I'm sure my stress will only grow. Womp.

And with that, clinical rotations are now over! :soexcited:

Tomorrow is my last official day in either hospital. What the what! Next 6 weeks are going to be blissfully spent roaming around 1000+ acres doing wildlife work. :love:

I can't believe we're so close to graduation!

Got my schedule for internship year today! :eek: Scary times ahead

Reactions: 7 users
Guys.... I think I might have a job :eek:

Reactions: 9 users
Seriously jealous of you guys that have finished rotations already, senioritis is kicking my ass hard all of a sudden. Being on my last large animal rotation (equine med) while being a strictly small animal person is also suuuuper not helping...

Seriously jealous of you guys that have finished rotations already, senioritis is kicking my ass hard all of a sudden. Being on my last large animal rotation (equine med) while being a strictly small animal person is also suuuuper not helping...
I still have 9 rotations left :confused: luckily 2 of them are externships (at the beach near my hometown..) and one is vacation! But yeah having freaking DAIRY next (which I got instead of something actually relevant to my career because the person who schedules us accidentally looked at someone else’s preferences instead of mine and then refused to fix it even though she realized the error before anyone’s schedule was released, not bitter I swear) is not helping my level of give-a-craps.

I still have 9 rotations left :confused: luckily 2 of them are externships (at the beach near my hometown..) and one is vacation! But yeah having freaking DAIRY next (which I got instead of something actually relevant to my career because the person who schedules us accidentally looked at someone else’s preferences instead of mine and then refused to fix it even though she realized the error before anyone’s schedule was released, not bitter I swear) is not helping my level of give-a-craps.

Ew dairy haha. That's obnoxious! Externships and vacation will be nice though! I have the overnight shift to do treatments on all the animals in the large animal hospital tonight. Can't wait! o_O Silver lining is they will send me home tomorrow so I get to miss a day of equine med lol

Ew dairy haha. That's obnoxious! Externships and vacation will be nice though! I have the overnight shift to do treatments on all the animals in the large animal hospital tonight. Can't wait! o_O Silver lining is they will send me home tomorrow so I get to miss a day of equine med lol
Our paths almost crossed! I'm one of the large animal ECC student assistants, I had the overnight shift last night :)

One more block for me. Graduation is in sight :)

The UT class of 2019 started clinics today, and I overlap with them for the last 6 weeks of my fourth year. Being on rotation with them makes me excited to be an intern and teach students :D

Reactions: 5 users