Class of 2020... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My goal is not to let my slob nature take over just because I'm living alone. And to cook food as much as possible instead of doing frozen meals or takeout. And to keep up with my exercise plan. So far so good, but this is only day 3!
Lol Past Me, L. O. Freakin. L.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm about to go into a food coma. Some people celebrate by drinking, I celebrate by devouring every delicious thing in sight.
Story of my life :laugh:
Yeah that's always my dilemma. I want to eat all of the things that are delicious, while simultaneously drinking the delicious at the same time without doing both at different times. The struggle is real... suffice to say I lose and just suffer a miserably expanded gut when I get home and flop down. HashtagGottaHaveGoalsOrWhyBother

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Officially done with year 1! Ah the relief :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
A lot of our grades have started to go up... looks like another straight C semester, outside of anatomy. Even in the classes where I thought I'd make at least a B-. And I actually really tried and put forth an effort to do better this semester, too... it's super discouraging and now I'm doubting myself and my ability to make it through the rest of the program. :unsure:

Year two will be easier based solely on the fact there's no anatomy!!! Silver lining!!!

7 finals, a project, and a simulation approaching within the next 11 days, and all I can do is watch Netflix and nap. I haven't started on anything. WHY MUST YOU FAIL ME NOW, MOTIVATION?!

+pity+

I played 4 hours of Tetris on Sunday. 4. Hours.

Reactions: 4 users
Honest question for those who are already done with the year/those who are 2nd years and beyond:

Has anyone else experienced a weird sort of anxiousness associated with transitioning to not being in school?

Abrupt, significant change in routine tends to mess with my brain anyway, but I have been really struggling at times this week with trying to wrap my brain around readjusting to non-vet school life. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to be done with first year -- but I've been having bouts of anxiety again throughout this last week, and some just general angsty-ness.

I start my summer job next week so I think having a new routine will help, but wanted to survey the crowd and see if anyone else had any similar experiences.

Reactions: 2 users
its definitely a big change to not be doing school stuff 18/6 anymore (I take a day off and a few hours to sleep :) ) It took me a few days to ditch the feeling that there was something I was supposed to be doing.

Honest question for those who are already done with the year/those who are 2nd years and beyond:

Has anyone else experienced a weird sort of anxiousness associated with transitioning to not being in school?

Abrupt, significant change in routine tends to mess with my brain anyway, but I have been really struggling at times this week with trying to wrap my brain around readjusting to non-vet school life. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to be done with first year -- but I've been having bouts of anxiety again throughout this last week, and some just general angsty-ness.

I start my summer job next week so I think having a new routine will help, but wanted to survey the crowd and see if anyone else had any similar experiences.
Yep, my anxiety increases when I have nothing to do. It's mostly because I have nothing to occupy my brain :p I think the endless amount of free time would overwhelm me too.

2 days... 2 finals.... and 0 motivation!

The exciting news is that I passed anatomy! I really didn't think it was going to happen!
I just hope I didn't completely bomb physio today as I didn't give it the time it needed since I was focused on anatomy for the passed several weeks - hopefully I got at least a 40% to pass.... :nailbiting::nailbiting:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

I'm low anxiety in general but I still have had the feeling on and off since I finished my last final yesterday that I'm forgetting to do something. It's definitely weird. But I'm trying to ignore it since my research project starts on Monday.

Done.

That final was a bastard above and beyond what was promised. But I'm still here.

Time to not do ANYTHING EVER AGAIN

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Ive been feeling the same. I haven't been able to sleep well because I feel so much anxiety that I should be studying and Im not. Its starting to fade after more than a week now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

IP5 is the BEST! You can do fun things like swim, hike, bake, have a life! (I know, what is that? :p).

Honestly, IP5 let me coast into summer, so while you still study it isn't nearly as awful. IP10 after second year however.... well that's next year so just enjoy IP5 now!! :p
ah yes, IP10, at least I have a full year before I have to.... Oh wait :p

Somebody come make me study for my physiology final. I only need a 53% to keep my B in the class, but I've only looked over about 6% of the material. :rofl:

Just. One. More. Day.

Reactions: 5 users
And done! Pretty sure that final could've been way worse. Lol

Nothing says celebrating the end of finals like having surgery (planned, all went well, etc.). I really know how to party.

On the bright side, I don't have to wear a cone of shame since I'm a person.

Reactions: 4 users
Grades in, I did it. 25% DVM, what a wild ****ing year.

Reactions: 29 users
Grades in, I did it. 25% DVM, what a wild ****ing year.
tenor.gif

Your pic is going to be a lot cooler than mine, but sure!

That sounds gnarly, jeez...

Here it is. Spoiler tag for those who find hooman stuff gross.

blur.jpg

Added a radiograph I thought was cool. You can see the PICC for my IV infusions in my right arm and some of the hardware in my back.

rad.jpg

Last edited:
@supershorty I thought only horses had guttural pouches.

what the heck are we looking at

@supershorty I thought only horses had guttural pouches.

what the heck are we looking at
Spoiler alert: I'm actually a horse.

You're looking at some uterine tubes that wanted to come out, along with a guest appearance by a "beautiful ovary," per the surgeon, and my appendix snuck in for one shot.

You're looking at some uterine tubes that wanted to come out, along with a guest appearance by a "beautiful ovary," per the surgeon, and my appendix snuck in for one shot.
Hey, my minimal laparoscopic spay experience did me well; definitely thought that looked ovarian but wasn't going to proffer that as a guess in case I was very very wrong lol.

Oh yay, I definitely guessed that was an ovary :D

It's official - grades have been posted! 25% DVM!!!

I can't believe how fast the year has flown by! Feels like just yesterday I received my acceptance.

Now to enjoy a relaxing and unproductive summer....;)

It's official - grades have been posted! 25% DVM!!!

I can't believe how fast the year has flown by! Feels like just yesterday I received my acceptance.

Now to enjoy a relaxing and unproductive summer....;)
Congrats! That was the hardest hurdle. :)

I have not finished school yet (9...more...days...) BUT I do experience what you're describing. I woke up slightly sad on Monday, knowing that school is coming to an end. For that reason I purposely scheduled a busy summer - it usually takes me a week or two to adjust. You're definitely not alone!

It's been a while since I've been on the forums. But like a lot of people here we're 25% the way there! What an amazing year it has been, it feels like just yesterday I knew no one in Grenada but now i'm reluctant to leave. It truly has been one of the greatest years of my life.

Well all of our first year grades have finally at least made it into the gradebook... feeling slightly validated by the fact that, despite being lower on the gpa spectrum as an applicant, I finished first year with damn near straight A's. Definitely a nice psychological hurdle to have overcome, because going in I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle the workload. What's even weirder is the fact that I'm excited to go to class every day o_O

Well all of our first year grades have finally at least made it into the gradebook... feeling slightly validated by the fact that, despite being lower on the gpa spectrum as an applicant, I finished first year with damn near straight A's. Definitely a nice psychological hurdle to have overcome, because going in I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle the workload. What's even weirder is the fact that I'm excited to go to class every day o_O

HUGE congrats to you!! I was an applicant also lower on the GPA spectrum, hoping dearly I will be able to do well with the insane academic load I'll be encountering this fall.

Going into surgery tomorrow, getting the flap. He'll be taking semimembranosus and semitendinosus mm, removing them front their insertions, and filling the dead space this abscess caused with them.

I'm curious how it's going to work with those hamstring mm because they're already used in combination with the adductors to "cap" what's left of my femur.

I'm bringing an anatomy book tomorrow, he's gonna have to explain this perfectly to me. Here we go....

Reactions: 9 users
Going into surgery tomorrow, getting the flap. He'll be taking semimembranosus and semitendinosus mm, removing them front their insertions, and filling the dead space this abscess caused with them.

I'm curious how it's going to work with those hamstring mm because they're already used in combination with the adductors to "cap" what's left of my femur.

I'm bringing an anatomy book tomorrow, he's gonna have to explain this perfectly to me. Here we go....
Good Luck!!!! :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

I hope everything goes well! :xf: