Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes but... what if I need my organic chemistry notes in vet school??? Or my old biochem tests?
You definitely won't need stuff from organic. Maybe biochem, but most of the time I'm lucky if I get through reviewing all the actual lectures before exams, let alone looking at extra stuff.

I always fantasized about having a note-burning bonfire.
Instead I'm just going to pass all my paper stuff down to my little. They can deal with it.
I'm passing all my tests and quizzes from this year down too (well, all the ones we got to keep), they can have fun judging some of my grades. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
You definitely won't need stuff from organic. Maybe biochem, but most of the time I'm lucky if I get through reviewing all the actual lectures before exams, let alone looking at extra stuff.

I'm passing all my tests and quizzes from this year down too (well, all the ones we got to keep), they can have fun judging some of my grades. :p
Not even biochem. If you have enough free time to review your notes from undergrad for a vet school test, you're doing something wrong.

Reactions: 2 users

yeaaaah. I might just get rid of them. Start new. Plus, honestly I would be kinda shocked if we go into the same level of detail in vet schook as we do as a biochem major. So I might just save the nifty cheat sheets I made to study major things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not even biochem. If you have enough free time to review your notes from undergrad for a vet school test, you're doing something wrong.

Reproductive Bio and Lactation have come in handy a few times for me this semester, but nothing really outside of that. Everytime a chemical structure is shown profs immediately go "this is just for your information, i'd never been mean enough to ask this"

Reactions: 8 users
Reproductive Bio and Lactation have come in handy a few times for me this semester, but nothing really outside of that. Everytime a chemical structure is shown profs immediately go "this is just for your information, i'd never been mean enough to ask this"
I used one diagram from my advanced equine repro class in undergrad as a ref for therio. But to be fair, we were using the same book.

So... I did indeed have the rabies series a decade ago (I'm not crazy--always good news) but they didn't put it on my immunization record because reasons. Unfortunately, because I had the second two shots in the series in another state I now have to jump through a few more hoops to try and get proof of those. This is so much fun. :yeahright:

I think I have some notes that need throwing out, looking at this thread... And I graduated from undergrad four years ago.

So... I did indeed have the rabies series a decade ago (I'm not crazy--always good news) but they didn't put it on my immunization record because reasons. Unfortunately, because I had the second two shots in the series in another state I now have to jump through a few more hoops to try and get proof of those. This is so much fun. :yeahright:

Will your school accept a titer?

Reactions: 1 users
I think I have some notes that need throwing out, looking at this thread... And I graduated from undergrad four years ago.

Will your school accept a titer?

If I have proof that I had the series, yes I can get a titer and I think it might even be no charge which would be great. Otherwise my understanding is no. I talked to the university physician's office about it today. Although really the main reason I called was just to make sure the hoops I'm going to jump through to get proof of the vaccines is going to be worth it. I didn't want to go to all this trouble and then have them be like "nope, too long ago".

I graduated today! Now time for bigger and better things who's ready for vet school?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 11 users
I graduated today! Now time for bigger and better things who's ready for vet school?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Not quite, still gotta do all the fun things. ALL the fun things.

Also currently being stranged out that the "of 2022" threads are starting to crop up

Reactions: 13 users

Also currently being stranged out that the "of 2022" threads are starting to crop up

Totes just saw one and had that thought.

Reactions: 5 users

I think it's because ncsu started their 2022 thread and then other people started wondering why they didn't have a thread for their school! I'm pretty sure we waited for at least vmcas to open last year before we started making threads, but who knows

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd just chalk it up to them being a bit overly excited. The fact that NCSU made their c/o 2022 thread so early probably also contributed to that.

I remember when I was actually excited about starting vet school... feels like such a long time ago now. Now I'm just a cynical shell of a person.

Reactions: 6 users
Haven't even started vet school yet, but seeing c/o 2022 makes me feel like a grandma

Reactions: 7 users
I think it's because ncsu started their 2022 thread and then other people started wondering why they didn't have a thread for their school! I'm pretty sure we waited for at least vmcas to open last year before we started making threads, but who knows
The only other 2022 thread I see is UC Davis, y'all are acting like there was an explosion of threads overnight. :p

Reactions: 2 users

The first thread was Iowa 2021 and it was created in Feb 2016 :eek::eek::eek: we're all a bunch of gunners!

Reactions: 3 users
People who live in egg shells shoudn't throw stones ;):p
giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Just passed the DSST statistics exam, which will give me credit for intro stats (long story short: Penn didn't want to accept a 400-level statistics course I took in my original undergrad as a math major, and I never took intro stats, so I had to pass this exam or take a stats course over the summer). With that done, I'm officially done with pre-reqs!!! Now to try and get everything else that needs to be figured out before our move to Philly.

Reactions: 7 users
Reposting for @Coopah .

I was to be obnoxiously enthusiastic about vet school so that way in a year we look back and think of how excited we once were.

omgggggg vet schoooooool!!!! It'sgonna be the best time of our lives, and we'regonna make so many friends, we're gonna learn so much, and have so much fun!!!!!

(Will that work?)

Reposting for @Coopah .

I was to be obnoxiously enthusiastic about vet school so that way in a year we look back and think of how excited we once were.

omgggggg vet schoooooool!!!! It'sgonna be the best time of our lives, and we'regonna make so many friends, we're gonna learn so much, and have so much fun!!!!!

(Will that work?)
Still no...

Reactions: 1 user
I can't believe you schmucks are all complaining about feeling old.

Imagine what I feel like.

If I had feelings, anyway.

Reactions: 11 users