You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2022...how you doin'?
Started by MixedAnimals77
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you mixy for using the proper ellipses because @PrincessButterCup couldn’t get it right last year 😛Hey guys! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted thus far! Was looking at c/o 2020&2021 and we are behind on starting our thread! So to start us off...View attachment 229278
(But also the last two years were v early in starting their thread too
)Hey guys! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted thus far! Was looking at c/o 2020&2021 and we are behind on starting our thread! So to start us off...View attachment 229278
Congrats everyone! Im so excited (and also a little terrified) for the Fall.
This is an awesome thread! Always enjoyed reading the 20 & 21ers to see what the first years of vet school are like. Thanks for making it Mixy! Congrats to everyone!!Hey guys! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted thus far! Was looking at c/o 2020&2021 and we are behind on starting our thread! So to start us off...View attachment 229278
I'm surprised no one said anything about there being the extra "s" after "Applicant" when I did the successful app stats thread. I didn't realize the error till I posted and then I felt bad, like man I screwed it up. But then people still posted on it (yay!) 🙂 Really is an awesome communityThank you mixy for using the proper ellipses because @PrincessButterCup couldn’t get it right last year 😛
(But also the last two years were v early in starting their thread too)
So many hopes and dreams here. It warms my cold, dead heart. 😍
I will always be right.Thank you mixy for using the proper ellipses because @PrincessButterCup couldn’t get it right last year 😛
Woo!! Time to bottle the excitement so you can look back at the beginning of this thread for a pick me up from time to time! Congratulations on the acceptances!!
Yay so excited this thread got started! It honestly still hasn’t sunk in that I’m gonna be a vet. Congrats everyone!
No neverI will always be right.![]()
I hope I'll be joining you guys in here! Will (probably) know in April.
Has anyone made a detailed budget for vet school? I wanna make an excel, but I don't think I'll remember everything as for living expenses and/or I don't know where to begin. :|
Has anyone made a detailed budget for vet school? I wanna make an excel, but I don't think I'll remember everything as for living expenses and/or I don't know where to begin. :|
![]()
If you search budget and expenses and such, there are some helpful threads. This is Coop's that has a lot of helpful suggestions imo.
Expected Expenses Starting Vet School
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! and thank you too @CoopahIf you search budget and expenses and such, there are some helpful threads. This is Coop's that has a lot of helpful suggestions imo.
Expected Expenses Starting Vet School
Last edited:
😍Thank you! and thank you too @Coopah
![]()
You'll never catch usHey guys! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted thus far! Was looking at c/o 2020&2021 and we are behind on starting our thread! So to start us off...View attachment 229278
What. I can’t believe it’s that time already.
Congrats guys, you’re gonna be vets! Just be sure to enjoy every moment of the next six months or so of freedom...you’ll understand what I mean soon enough😀
Congrats guys, you’re gonna be vets! Just be sure to enjoy every moment of the next six months or so of freedom...you’ll understand what I mean soon enough😀
Last edited:
You’re not the only one waitingI hope I'll be joining you guys in here! Will (probably) know in April.

I still have one interview and should be hearing back from some other places that don’t interview this week and at the end of the month
Hoping for good news for you in April!!!!!😍
That interview on Monday tho!You’re not the only one waiting
I still have one interview and should be hearing back from some other places that don’t interview this week and at the end of the month
Hoping for good news for you in April!!!!!😍
How has it already been 2 years since I started the c/o 2020 thread??? Congrats everyone, and good luck to those still waiting to hear back!
As far as budgeting goes, if your school has a breakdown of cost of attendance on their website, that's a good place to start, then adjust as needed based on your own spending habits. I'm a big fan of the Mint app to see how much I spend in different categories.
As far as budgeting goes, if your school has a breakdown of cost of attendance on their website, that's a good place to start, then adjust as needed based on your own spending habits. I'm a big fan of the Mint app to see how much I spend in different categories.
Not sure where I'll be attending yet (still have a couple interviews left, with one acceptance down), but very excited to start this fall! Congrats to everyone whose heard so far!
Now to try and enjoy these last few months of freedom...
Now to try and enjoy these last few months of freedom...
To be fair our thread has been a bit of a cluster from the startYou'll never catch us
![]()
Somehow some of the chattiest people on this forum are all in our class and I'm pretty sure the first ~3 pages of our class thread is an argument about ellipses lol
Also my goodness, it begins. I almost feel like I'm not a young whippersnapper anymore
God I’m glad I’m not the only one. They’re all so... happy. I look forward to leaching this enthusiasm.Also my goodness, it begins. I almost feel like I'm not a young whippersnapper anymore
Everyone, follow my new instagram! please @CowVetStudent
God I’m glad I’m not the only one. They’re all so... happy. I look forward to leaching this enthusiasm.
![]()
No stealing the enthusiasm! Just because you used yours doesn't mean you can have someone else'sSame boat as you. I don’t think I’ve reached the total realization that four years from now I’ll be a veterinary and that my life is going to drastically change in August.Yay so excited this thread got started! It honestly still hasn’t sunk in that I’m gonna be a vet. Congrats everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
God I’m glad I’m not the only one. They’re all so... happy. I look forward to leaching this enthusiasm.
![]()
No stealing the enthusiasm! Just because you used yours doesn't mean you can have someone else's
What makes you think I'm not doing this already?
Theirs is rechargeable! I’m not stealing all of it at one time, I’m surviving by constantly taking a little bit at a time. Just like a liver, their enthusiasm will regenerate. They’ll never notice a difference, and I’ll actually make it through the semester.No stealing the enthusiasm! Just because you used yours doesn't mean you can have someone else's

You're giving them cirrhosisTheirs is rechargeable! I’m not stealing all of it at one time, I’m surviving by constantly taking a little bit at a time. Just like a liver, their enthusiasm will regenerate. They’ll never notice a difference, and I’ll actually make it through the semester.![]()
They’ll live. Cirrhosis is manageable (... for a while at least) with medication.You're giving them cirrhosis
You're giving them cirrhosis
I know @cdoconn has a backpack (we had a discussion of our favorite brands last year) and I know that when I eventually start vet school I’ll have a backpack because it’s better for my back than something like a messenger bag or just a tote bag (yaaaaayyyyy for bad backs......)Yay so excited to be part of the class of 2022!!! 😛
Random question but do vet students carry backpacks...? I’ve always carried my stuff in a backpack in undergrad but I’m not sure if vet students use backpacks or what they even bring to class on a daily basis??
I’m sure whatever you decide to carry your stuff in will be fine and no ones gonna question/make fun of your bag choice (even if your “bag” is two pieces of rope tied around your stuff to make a handle)
I know @cdoconn has a backpack (we had a discussion of our favorite brands last year) and I know that when I eventually start vet school I’ll have a backpack because it’s better for my back than something like a messenger bag or just a tote bag (yaaaaayyyyy for bad backs......)
I’m sure whatever you decide to carry your stuff in will be fine and no ones gonna question/make fun of your bag choice (even if your “bag” is two pieces of rope tied around your stuff to make a handle)
Thanks! I just haven’t seen the topic mentioned and I’ve always wondered what vet students carry their stuff around it. I’m sure I will just keep using my backpack for another four years then 🙂
I definitely plan on using my North Face backpack from undergrad in vet school... that thing is amazing! And when I went to Cornell for an info session, most of the current students I saw were carrying backpacksYay so excited to be part of the class of 2022!!! 😛
Random question but do vet students carry backpacks...? I’ve always carried my stuff in a backpack in undergrad but I’m not sure if vet students use backpacks or what they even bring to class on a daily basis??
I definitely plan on using my North Face backpack from undergrad in vet school... that thing is amazing! And when I went to Cornell for an info session, most of the current students I saw were carrying backpacks
Thanks!! I have a North Face too and it’s great!!
Yay so glad to be a part of the class of 2022 vet students! We will be doctors in only a few years!!!
Yay so excited to be part of the class of 2022!!! 😛
Random question but do vet students carry backpacks...? I’ve always carried my stuff in a backpack in undergrad but I’m not sure if vet students use backpacks or what they even bring to class on a daily basis??
Yes, although whether I carry one depends on how much I'm carrying for the day. There are some days when I really only need to bring my laptop and a few small things and I can just shove all that in my laptop bag so I don't bother with the backpack.
But if I'm bringing extra things like lab coat (if I took it home to wash) or my binder or lunch then I definitely have a backpack.
Yay so excited to be part of the class of 2022!!! 😛
Random question but do vet students carry backpacks...? I’ve always carried my stuff in a backpack in undergrad but I’m not sure if vet students use backpacks or what they even bring to class on a daily basis??
So short answer: yes. Long answer: it depends on the school/ the classes. I have some classes where I have everything on my iPad and I just carry the iPad everywhere on my backpack. I also have a class that’s a no technology class and everything is printed in notes. So I carry a (rather turtle shell like) backpack daily with all of those notes, other binders, a jacket, device chargers, a snack, my lunch, a growing collection of donkey stress squeeze toys, etcI know @cdoconn has a backpack (we had a discussion of our favorite brands last year) and I know that when I eventually start vet school I’ll have a backpack because it’s better for my back than something like a messenger bag or just a tote bag (yaaaaayyyyy for bad backs......)
I’m sure whatever you decide to carry your stuff in will be fine and no ones gonna question/make fun of your bag choice (even if your “bag” is two pieces of rope tied around your stuff to make a handle)
But yeah, most everyone uses a backpack- some use messenger bags, but if you’re comfortable with a backpack, it’s super helpful.
So short answer: yes. Long answer: it depends on the school/ the classes. I have some classes where I have everything on my iPad and I just carry the iPad everywhere on my backpack. I also have a class that’s a no technology class and everything is printed in notes. So I carry a (rather turtle shell like) backpack daily with all of those notes, other binders, a jacket, device chargers, a snack, my lunch, a growing collection of donkey stress squeeze toys, etc
But yeah, most everyone uses a backpack- some use messenger bags, but if you’re comfortable with a backpack, it’s super helpful.
You’re at OkState right?? I’ve applied there so I’m curious which class is no technology. And what are the technology requirements?? Like do they require you to buy a certain laptop/iPad?
Yes I’m at OkState. It’s just a class taught by a traditionalist professor, so it makes sense.You’re at OkState right?? I’ve applied there so I’m curious which class is no technology. And what are the technology requirements?? Like do they require you to buy a certain laptop/iPad?
No, they don’t require you to buy a certain thing, as long as it works and uses PowerPoint/ word you should be fine!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes I’m at OkState. It’s just a class taught by a traditionalist professor, so it makes sense.
No, they don’t require you to buy a certain thing, as long as it works and uses PowerPoint/ word you should be fine!
Thanks! I already have an iPad Pro and I was thinking about buying a MacBook Air to use alongside the iPad Pro. Since Apple doesn’t use Office would that be a bad idea?
If you REALLY need Microsoft office, you can purchase it, but the Apple iWork stuff should be fine. It should still open the stuff but if you don’t save stuff from the Apple stuff as a .doc or .ppt I think it has trouble opening in Microsoft stuff.Thanks! I already have an iPad Pro and I was thinking about buying a MacBook Air to use alongside the iPad Pro. Since Apple doesn’t use Office would that be a bad idea?
I don't know about other places, but I know all Cornell students can download Microsoft Office for free with their netID.If you REALLY need Microsoft office, you can purchase it, but the Apple iWork stuff should be fine. It should still open the stuff but if you don’t save stuff from the Apple stuff as a .doc or .ppt I think it has trouble opening in Microsoft stuff.
If you REALLY need Microsoft office, you can purchase it, but the Apple iWork stuff should be fine. It should still open the stuff but if you don’t save stuff from the Apple stuff as a .doc or .ppt I think it has trouble opening in Microsoft stuff.
Thank you! I’ve never had a Mac before, always used PCs so I wasn’t sure if it was compatible.