Class of 2022...how you doin'?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yikes, that is brutal having classes finish as late as the 22nd, or having to study over Christmas.... No thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
As of this morning I have begun my move!

So far:
1. I boarded the ferry in my vehicle while my poor roadtrip copilot remained on solid ground since they boarded me while she was jumped out to use the washroom.
(They got her back on)

2. Went to IKEA for the first time, and bought a lovely floor lamp for my room.

3. I had Chipotle for the first time, and quite enjoyed it!
IKEA and Chipotle for the first time ever? Where have you been living??

Also try the frozen yogurt at IKEA next time, it’s bomb.

Reactions: 1 user
IKEA and Chipotle for the first time ever? Where have you been living??

Also try the frozen yogurt at IKEA next time, it’s bomb.
Shes from western canada, right? Basically nothing but trees and moose out there, I assume.

Sent from my SM-G892U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As of this morning I have begun my move!

So far:
1. I boarded the ferry in my vehicle while my poor roadtrip copilot remained on solid ground since they boarded me while she was jumped out to use the washroom.
(They got her back on)

2. Went to IKEA for the first time, and bought a lovely floor lamp for my room.

3. I had Chipotle for the first time, and quite enjoyed it!
I actually had Chipotle for dinner last night also. But far from my first time. My partner got a gift card in the mail so off we went lol.

We don’t have too many Chipotle’s here, it’s more of an American brand. A bunch in Southern Ontario, and I think all the rest are just in Vancouver??

My city is just too small for an IKEA lol. Only the major cities have them. :(. There isn’t even an IKEA in the entirety of the province I’m moving to.

Reactions: 2 users
We don’t have too many Chipotle’s here, it’s more of an American brand. A bunch in Southern Ontario, and I think all the rest are just in Vancouver??

My city is just too small for an IKEA lol. Only the major cities have them. :(. There isn’t even an IKEA in the entirety of the province I’m moving to.
Ahhh I didn’t realize you were from the great white north. That makes sense!

Members don't see this ad :)
What did bbc stand for? And why did you change it @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo ?
Yeah, BeautifulBritishColumbia; it's the slogan for the province. Plus I am far too in love with where I live(d?). I just keep BBC as my nickname for the giggles in WW.

Changed it because with how much I've shared on here I wanted a bit of privacy, so that people would have to dig through posts to put together my location and identifying things. Though this isn't much better because any classmate who sees me in clothes that show my tattoo will know exactly who I am. :laugh:

Yeah, BeautifulBritishColumbia; it's the slogan for the province. Plus I am far too in love with where I live(d?). I just keep BBC as my nickname for the giggles in WW.

Changed it because with how much I've shared on here I wanted a bit of privacy, so that people would have to dig through posts to put together my location and identifying things. Though this isn't much better because any classmate who sees me in clothes that show my tattoo will know exactly who I am. :laugh:

I'm having the strongest sense of deja vu right now. Like, I feel this exact conversation has happened before and it's throwing me off.

Pretending to be an adult and doing a 5 hour wine and cheese tasting tour today.

Afterwards accepting that we are always going to be children and going to a MASSIVE inflatable water park. :)

Reactions: 5 users
I’m going hiking in the Rocky Mountain National Park today!

Reactions: 8 users
Please explain what that is because I’m picturing an inflatable water slide in someone’s backyard and that’s all I got
I assume it’s many of those, possibly all in a body of water. If in a body of water, probably water trampolines and climbing things too and maybe even one of those worm things you jump onto and try and launch people off the other end

2FEAD2C6-00FE-4550-B6D8-6CF4B86CC4A3.jpeg
Please explain what that is because I’m picturing an inflatable water slide in someone’s backyard and that’s all I got

Reactions: 6 users
I had the most incredible day. We hiked all over from Estes Park to Grand Lake. The views honestly took my breath away and I feel so lucky that this is in my back yard. I feel like I’m on vacation and I don’t actually live here but I do! And this is real life! ALSO I saw a herd of elk, 2 moose and some otters fighting over a fish it was so amazing.

Here’s a picture from Lake Irene (please don’t quote this post)
View attachment 238626

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I had the most incredible day. We hiked all over from Estes Park to Grand Lake. The views honestly took my breath away and I feel so lucky that this is in my back yard. I feel like I’m on vacation and I don’t actually live here but I do! And this is real life! ALSO I saw a herd of elk, 2 moose and some otters fighting over a fish it was so amazing.
EP was my home town! 3rd-12th grade there. Highly recommend the old Ute trail off the divide. Great hike (but long, about 6 hours)!

Reactions: 1 users
EP was my home town! 3rd-12th grade there. Highly recommend the old Ute trail off the divide. Great hike (but long, about 6 hours)!
Woww you are incredibly lucky! Any recommendations for a good hike for a beginner around Estes that’s maybe 3 - 5 miles long? We are thinking of going around Emerald Lake today but we haven’t decided yet.

Woww you are incredibly lucky! Any recommendations for a good hike for a beginner around Estes that’s maybe 3 - 5 miles long? We are thinking of going around Emerald Lake today but we haven’t decided yet.
Emerald is beautiful though busy (anything around bear lake is busy). Other hikes I always do when home are the long lake loop or lake Isabelle off the Brainard Lake Rec Area (longer drive from estes, go in the morning, parking is crazy in the afternoon) or Gem Lake on Lumpy Ridge (bit more elevation gain, considered a moderate hike). I also love Lily Lake off highway 7 (very easy, has a little add on at far end)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Take it easy with the big elevation change you just made when you moved lol

Reactions: 3 users
Take it easy with the big elevation change you just made when you moved lol
Oh god I once got altitude sickness out in CO skiing. NEVER. AGAIN. I don’t remember waking up for the three days we were there except when I was forced to go to a dinner. I fell asleep at the table whoops

I had the most incredible day

I just realized why I am meh about Colorado. I was always stuck in Denver and never able to go to the mountains or on the Plains enough.

My sister moved to CO two years ago and had a terrible time adjusting with the altitude change. I've visited a couple of times and have gone on hikes with her and strangely, the altitude change hasn't affected me yet.

I just flew back home from Denver last night actually, and the pilot makes an announcement halfway through the flight "everyone needs to remain seated for the rest of the flight, a monsoon is going to hit Phoenix and I want to land before it does". We landed with probably two minutes to spare or we would have had to be redirected. Sad part is that they couldn't get any of the checked luggage to baggage claim, so I have to drive back today to get it. Whoomp whoomp lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
^ Cute dog Bryn, is that a mini aussie? :love:

Kinda random, but I stumbled onto these videos on YouTube and I’m planning on trying to use these studying methods for my first semester. Anyone tried studying this way/have tips?

I’m going to Lily Lake the tomorrow morning, thanks for the suggestion @StayingPositive2017 ! Hopefully it’s easier than today was. Bear lake road was closed because the parking was full so we did the Ute trail and it kicked my butt! My feet feel like they’re about to fall off.