Class of 2022...how you doin'?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many credits is everyone required to take the first semester?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we start out at 19crh this first semester but I'd have to double check that number minus electives

Members don't see this ad.

I'm at 15.5 credits for first quarter, which is 11 weeks long. Really excited for starting to tackle cases and PEs and the like! I think practice of vet med is going to be one of my favorite classes :love:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m super jealous of you all with block schedules. I learn really well in that kind of set up. I have no idea what the curriculum at CSU will be like but I’m hoping it’s not too overwhelming.

It'll be okay and the support for you is overwhelming, especially during first semester. The course schedule looks intimidating but isn't as terrible as it seems (especially because there are a few classes that are intentionally low key for you all). The lion's share of your time first semester is spent on anatomy and physiology.

Reactions: 1 users
It'll be okay and the support for you is overwhelming, especially during first semester. The course schedule looks intimidating but isn't as terrible as it seems (especially because there are a few classes that are intentionally low key for you all). The lion's share of your time first semester is spent on anatomy and physiology.
Thanks for the input!

Just found out that I could potentially transfer to Cornell as a second year after doing first year at UW-Madison (if there are seats that open up--tho from Cornell vet students I hear a handful do poorly in block 1 and have to leave for a year unfortunately).

Not sure if it's an option I'll seek out, but good to know. It's enticing because 1) Cornell is my alma mater, 2) It's closer to home, 3) It's my IS, so cheaper, and 4) Also where my bf is until he finishes up his PhD (1-2 years left). I could fall in love with UW-Madison and want to stay, but the price point alone makes me think I'll want to look into it more.

Reactions: 8 users
Just found out that I could potentially transfer to Cornell as a second year after doing first year at UW-Madison (if there are seats that open up--tho from Cornell vet students I hear a handful do poorly in block 1 and have to leave for a year unfortunately).

Not sure if it's an option I'll seek out, but good to know. It's enticing because 1) Cornell is my alma mater, 2) It's closer to home, 3) It's my IS, so cheaper, and 4) Also where my bf is until he finishes up his PhD (1-2 years left). I could fall in love with UW-Madison and want to stay, but the price point alone makes me think I'll want to look into it more.
Will you still be considered in state after living in Wisconsin for a year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Very. Much. So. Just had my car inspected and found out my wheel bearing was pretty much broke so had to get that fixed :(
So sad :( I just got a new phone, computer, and furniture for my apt (not to include buying groceries and stuff yet), will be paying my first and last months rent and car registration and tags come Monday. That's all my big expenses I hope. Not to mention all the minor expenses-SAVMA dues, life insurance, a new drivers license, etc. I have money set aside for all of this but it eats a big chunk and just makes me sad.

Reactions: 2 users
So sad :( I just got a new phone, computer, and furniture for my apt (not to include buying groceries and stuff yet), will be paying my first and last months rent and car registration and tags come Monday. That's all my big expenses I hope. Not to mention all the minor expenses-SAVMA dues, life insurance, a new drivers license, etc. I have money set aside for all of this but it eats a big chunk and just makes me sad.
Not to mention TUITION! ughhhh

Not to mention TUITION! ughhhh
Lol don't you know you're not supposed to think about it :p

For real though everyone keeps asking me if I'm exctied etc etc. For me going to vet school is just a means to reach my end goal. I'm excite for my opportunities but there is nothing exciting about taking out student loans (especially OSS)

Reactions: 6 users
Lol don't you know you're not supposed to think about it :p

For real though everyone keeps asking me if I'm exctied etc etc. For me going to vet school is just a means to reach my end goal. I'm excite for my opportunities but there is nothing exciting about taking out student loans (especially OSS)
You get IS after the first year though!!! WSU is one of the cheapest schools :) be happy about that!

I'm excite for my opportunities but there is nothing exciting about taking out student loans

My family keeps asking if I'm excited for school to start. I answer with, "I'm excited for everything except classes."

Reactions: 7 users
I’m super glad I did a gap year. I’m itching to learn again. Doing research this past year was great, but it’s definitely not my thing long-term. I liked learning new things and lab techniques, but I’ve hit a wall now and feel I’ve grown out of this job. It’s really perfect timing that I’m leaving next week, taking a few days off, and then moving. I’m ready for the change!

Fort Collins is amazing. The weather is amazing. The scenery is amazing. My neighborhood is amazing.

I love this place :love:

Reactions: 6 users
Fort Collins is amazing. The weather is amazing. The scenery is amazing. My neighborhood is amazing.

I love this place :love:

Have so much fun here! I’m moving tomorrow and literally trying to do everything I love about this place before moving.

I was all set to go to UPenn and signed a lease and got a job doing research at the large animal center here two weeks ago before getting called by Cornell last week. I’m moving to Ithaca tomorrow so this last weeks been super hectic canceling things and signing new leases and paperwork!

Reactions: 7 users
I was all set to go to UPenn and signed a lease and got a job doing research at the large animal center here two weeks ago before getting called by Cornell last week. I’m moving to Ithaca tomorrow so this last weeks been super hectic canceling things and signing new leases and paperwork!

1) Holy life change, batman. But congrats!

2) Clover is adogable!!!

It would be nice for you to transfer to Cornell as I had similar thoughts of transferring but I was told not to transfer because of fitting in and making friends and a completely different environment + curriculum. But IS tuition and your bf may be worth it.

Also keep in mind you may have to repeat classes or even, worst case scenario, a whole year.

I’m moved 1300 miles last month and got settled in and am very much loving the new area! I also got a job with the small animal OR department at school that I’ll start training for closer to the start of classss, which I am very excited for! But I noticed since moving into my apartment that my cat seemed lonely after moving from a home with other cats and dogs. So after searching, today I adopted the sweetest 12 week old kitten from a rescue (my cat adjusts better to kittens than adult cats from fostering back home) and she’s just too cute not to share a pic of :love: A6C9E677-4EC0-4630-845D-674330CA7618.jpeg2F3668E0-56EB-4078-AB7D-C608223EAAB0.jpeg8D802FF5-3FB9-460F-AC85-FBD9D9F92CA7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
I’m moved 1300 miles last month and got settled in and am very much loving the new area! I also got a job with the small animal OR department at school that I’ll start training for closer to the start of classss, which I am very excited for! But I noticed since moving into my apartment that my cat seemed lonely after moving from a home with other cats and dogs. So after searching, today I adopted the sweetest 12 week old kitten from a rescue (my cat adjusts better to kittens than adult cats from fostering back home) and she’s just too cute not to share a pic of
That fuzzy belly! :arghh: Does she have a name yet??

Haha reminds me of my move earlier this month. I got a moving truck which was too small, so I had to go and get a trailer, which was also not enough, so then the rest of the stuff was packed to the brim in the cars