Class of 2023... how you doin?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also didn’t die of dysentery

Really, this situation could have been MUCH worse!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I got to help process piglets today and it was so fun!! Never would've thought I'd like being a farm girl:rofl:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m soooo close to being done with anatomy and I’m planning on getting absolutely ****ed after the practical on Wednesday I can’t wait to literally never go Into that stupid ****ing lab ever again @ajs513 @Amburrito soooooooo closeeeeeeee

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I’m soooo close to being done with anatomy and I’m planning on getting absolutely ****ed after the practical on Wednesday I can’t wait to literally never go Into that stupid ****ing lab ever again @ajs513 @Amburrito soooooooo closeeeeeeee
Aside from the 2 hours this morning, I haven’t studied yet and I’m not convinced to start studying. I just don’t care anymore. I need a drink

Reactions: 3 users
I’m soooo close to being done with anatomy and I’m planning on getting absolutely ****ed after the practical on Wednesday I can’t wait to literally never go Into that stupid ****ing lab ever again

Are you guys done on Wednesday? We have it for the rest of the semester and we're taking our head exam tomorrow :help:

Anatomy is my least favorite class

• Sad
Are you guys done on Wednesday? We have it for the rest of the semester and we're taking our head exam tomorrow :help:

Anatomy is my least favorite class

Yeah we have our head exam Monday (written) and Wednesday (practical) and then we’re done.
Honestly I wish we had the whole year so that maybe we wouldn’t have to memorize 1200+ terms in 6 weeks and we could have like.... idk... 8-10 weeks
But at least it means we’re done.

• Wow
We have anatomy all semester, too, and are just on the back leg right now. But we also only have it 3 days a week this semester.

But also, if you guys don't get trashed after each anatomy exam, I think you're doing it wrong.

Going to phys afterwards last semester was always fun and I'll kinda miss it ((for the record, our phys teacher probably thought it was funny, he has a reputation of :naughty: with the students))

• Haha
Yeah we have our head exam Monday (written) and Wednesday (practical) and then we’re done.
Honestly I wish we had the whole year so that maybe we wouldn’t have to memorize 1200+ terms in 6 weeks and we could have like.... idk... 8-10 weeks
But at least it means we’re done.

We have the written and practical on the same day in one four hour long anatomy marathon. :dead:

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve probably said it here before a long time ago, but I was told by a Nutramax rep, in complete seriousness, that humans can take Denamarin Advanced after a night of drinking and that they do that. I mean it makes sense, and supplements like Cheers exist.

I’ve probably said it here before a long time ago, but I was told by a Nutramax rep, in complete seriousness, that humans can take Denamarin Advanced after a night of drinking and that they do that. I mean it makes sense, and supplements like Cheers exist.
Of course, it's just milk thistle and SamE essentially, you can get a liver supplement marketed towards humans for way cheaper that contains those things as well

Of course, it's just milk thistle and SamE essentially, you can get a liver supplement marketed towards humans for way cheaper that contains those things as well
Yea but those don’t have the nice beefy flavor I crave in a veterinary supplement

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
AhhhhhhHhHHhHHhhhHHHHHhhH IM DONE WITH ANATOMY YASSSSSSSS KWEEEEEN SLAYYYYYYYYY IVE LITERALLY NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY TO FINISH A CLASS JFC

@ajs513 @Amburrito

Currently drinking cider in phys lecture and I have zero regrets

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
I treated myself to Shake Shack and a long nap cuddled up with my cat. Partying is on the schedule, too, but I really needed a recharge!

We finished up four exams over the past week and I've taken the past two days to just chill... Should probably be responsible and study for our two exams we have next week, but, you only get to relax sometimes... gotta take those days when you can.

Reactions: 2 users
Today I woke up feeling so exhausted, luckily we had just finished our first round of exams earlier this week but my body hadn’t recovered yet. I sat down for lecture and looked at the clock... 10 mins before lecture starts... I felt myself crashing and I just said “nope, I can’t do this today.” Got up and left and went to the gym instead. I’m so thankful for recorded lectures, I’m still exhausted but at least I can learn everything at my own pace instead.

Reactions: 6 users
Finished anatomy forever yesterday as has been mentioned, partied about it last night with the same people, woke up this morning intending on going to lecture but was nauseated and not about it so I skipped, then got an email that I’ve been accepted for a summer position at the research colony I’m working at, and I’m meeting my faculty mentor tomorrow to discuss surgical research opportunities. I can’t believe it’s only been 6 months since school started and so much has happened and is happening. Keep on pushing everyone who isn’t on break yet. Think about how much you’ve already done.

I got engaged over the weekend:love: literally won't be getting married until I'm done with school but I'm so over the moon about this!!!

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
I had such a cool “I feel like a doctor now” moment last night. I’ve been studying for a physiology exam that’s tomorrow and it’s in renal and respiratory phys. Or lecturer for respiratory phys taught us the things we’ll need to know to diagnose issues in clinics and skipped the unimportant stuff which I loved. So last night after studying for a while I took a break and watched The Resident. They’re doing surgery on a baby and its SaO2 was dropping. So I yelled at the screen, “give 100% O2!” And they did. Then they said it wasn’t responding. I yelled at the screen again, “it’s shunting!!” They did an echo and found a tetralogy of fallot. All of this happened in like 5 seconds and it felt so cool to actually know something relevant and off the top of my head.

Reactions: 10 users
I had such a cool “I feel like a doctor now” moment last night. I’ve been studying for a physiology exam that’s tomorrow and it’s in renal and respiratory phys. Or lecturer for respiratory phys taught us the things we’ll need to know to diagnose issues in clinics and skipped the unimportant stuff which I loved. So last night after studying for a while I took a break and watched The Resident. They’re doing surgery on a baby and its SaO2 was dropping. So I yelled at the screen, “give 100% O2!” And they did. Then they said it wasn’t responding. I yelled at the screen again, “it’s shunting!!” They did an echo and found a tetralogy of fallot. All of this happened in like 5 seconds and it felt so cool to actually know something relevant and off the top of my head.
Glad I’m not the only one who yells the answers at the TV :laugh:

• Haha
Glad I’m not the only one who yells the answers at the TV :laugh:
I was watching Fringe and they had someone go into asystole...and of course went for the defibrillator. and I was like "OMG THAT'S NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING!!!" :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I was watching Fringe and they had someone go into asystole...and of course went for the defibrillator. and I was like "OMG THAT'S NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING!!!" :laugh:
Seriously, medically inaccurate TV shows make me cringe real hard. How difficult is it to get some basic **** right? How to put a stethoscope in properly 101

Last edited:
Seriously, medically inaccurate TV shows make me cringe real hard. How difficult is it to get some basic **** right? How to out a stethoscope in properly 101
You would probably love Dr. Mike’s series on YouTube of him watching medical TV shows. He actually discusses some of the medicine behind what’s happening as well which is pretty cool, and calls out this stuff. He’s also very good looking so there’s that, if that’s your thing lol

• Haha
You would probably love Dr. Mike’s series on YouTube of him watching medical TV shows. He actually discusses some of the medicine behind what’s happening as well which is pretty cool, and calls out this stuff. He’s also very good looking so there’s that, if that’s your thing lol
Thanks I might look into that!

I think my favourite was some Netflix movie I watched recently where the vet stuck the stethoscope on the head.

Gotta love when you need to sit and listen to the brain.

• Haha
I think my favourite was some Netflix movie I watched recently where the vet stuck the stethoscope on the head.

Gotta love when you need to sit and listen to the brain.
I've actually had a real vet do this. On the sinuses. He was a large animal vet before small animal and claimed if he percussed the sinus like a horse he could tell if it was infected or something? Something like that anyways, they do it in large animal stuff all the time.

I've actually had a real vet do this. On the sinuses. He was a large animal vet before small animal and claimed if he percussed the sinus like a horse he could tell if it was infected or something? Something like that anyways, they do it in large animal stuff all the time.
Percussion is a cool skill, I'm glad our LA folks have taught me a little bit of it. You can localize quite a few things with it! (though obviously more easily in LA where there's more room to work with)

Reactions: 4 users
Ever since I got home I've done nothing but learn and film tik tok dances....will this be my claim to fame???

• Haha
Ever since I got home I've done nothing but learn and film tik tok dances....will this be my claim to fame???
Do it. Do it all the time. I support this venture hahaha

In all honesty, I'm so worried about online classes because I have zero motivation to actually do any work. Thankfully we were on break this week but I didn't complete any of the tasks I told myself I was going to complete...

Do it. Do it all the time. I support this venture hahaha

In all honesty, I'm so worried about online classes because I have zero motivation to actually do any work. Thankfully we were on break this week but I didn't complete any of the tasks I told myself I was going to complete...
I’m in the same boat motivation wise. I had to rearrange my apt so that I could have a setup that didn’t enable me to turn on Netflix but that also didn’t make me feel completely closed off (since I’m in the apt alone now I didn’t want to be relegated to the back study room for months).
I moved a table into our living room area that had previously been only couches, a coffee table, and TV and moved my desk chair and lamp out of my room and set up shop. it took me a few days to really get it figured out and rearrange things until I really felt like the setup would work long term, but I finally got it and I’m able to be a lot more productive than I ever thought would happen.
While you have the time off, I’d recommend testing places out and figuring out which room you actually want to spend all your time in and rearranging to make it work.
yes, right now there is a room in the apartment that is full of random pieces of furniture that no longer fit nicely in the living room, but none of my roommates are here to complain about it and I can move things back when this is over :)

Reactions: 1 user
SAVMA sent out some recommendations and resources to the school delegates for making the transition to online classes, so if you haven't been forwarded that info by your delegates yet, definitely hit them up! Just read through it and there is some really helpful stuff in there.

Percussion is a cool skill, I'm glad our LA folks have taught me a little bit of it. You can localize quite a few things with it! (though obviously more easily in LA where there's more room to work with)

More idiophone hand percussion instrumentation please!!!!

It was real weird telling most of my classmates see you in August (maybe?) today.
Assuming we will be online through remainder of year since they have cancelled all large gatherings through April.

Byyyeeeeeee!

Are you guys happy with the electives that you're offered?
We just got our list of electives for the fall, and there are two... and they're the same ones that were offered to us last fall, minus one. :yeahright:
One is colic team, whereas I have 0 interest in anything LA, and the other is an introduction to research class, which I've already taken. Last year there was a Spanish class as well.

We just got our list of electives for the fall, and there are two... and they're the same ones that were offered to us last fall, minus one. :yeahright:
One is colic team, whereas I have 0 interest in anything LA, and the other is an introduction to research class, which I've already taken. Last year there was a Spanish class as well.

You only have two electives available to you? Whoa.

Let me rephrase from my previous post I deleted because I those were all spring electives I listed. There's not many electives fall of 2nd year. I didn't take any because I had already taken the previous ones and I was also frustrated at first, but trust me it's a good thing and basically by design. Between DCs, and your beast of a schedule not having electives is a blessing. I personally didn't struggle all that hard, but alot of people do. Thankfully we didn't lose anyone but I know of several people that marginalized different classes. Also if you haven't completed your practicum you'll pry have that as well especially if your an ambassador. Spring there should be a good handful of electives-international med, integrative med, Spanish, and wildlife I think there's one other one, but don't remember (I left out all the LA electives).

Let me rephrase from my previous post I deleted because I those were all spring electives I listed. There's not many electives fall of 2nd year. I didn't take any because I had already taken the previous ones and I was also frustrated at first, but trust me it's a good thing and basically by design. Between DCs, and your beast of a schedule not having electives is a blessing. I personally didn't struggle all that hard, but alot of people do. Thankfully we didn't lose anyone but I know of several people that marginalized different classes. Also if you haven't completed your practicum you'll pry have that as well especially if your an ambassador. Spring there should be a good handful of electives-international med, integrative med, Spanish, and wildlife I think there's one other one, but don't remember (I left out all the LA electives).
You guys get electives? Whoa

• Wow
How our electives are set up here most are during third year :) there’s like twenty to chose from, and you can take as many as you want that don’t interfere with each other.

There use to be more lunch time electives offered, there were like four my first year both semesters. But faculty have retired or left and some of the electives don’t have other people to pick them up.

• Sad
We've got a decent number of electives, but I do think a lot of them only exist due to significant personal investment on either the professor's part or on the part of some students who worked with an interested professor to create the course. Off the top of my head we have three different exotics electives, food animal anatomy, farm animal medicine, advanced diagnostic microbiology, advanced clinical pathology, veterinary rehab, feline medicine, swine medicine, and I think holistic medicine? Oh, and Healer's Art, which is the best and which I highly recommend students take if their school happens to offer it.

• Haha
Wait. Yall *dont* have electives?!

• Sad