Cornell University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did, I’m still having trouble. I’ll try to login on a different computer tomorrow

I had the same issue. Haven’t had a chance to try again yet. Did all alternates and accepted students receive that?

Looks like someone made a Facebook page for those who were interested!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was gonna say. The name is Cornell Vet Class of 2025. I have accepted my offer. Hope to meet you guys in the fall

Does anyone know if we can do the dean's certification through email or does everything have to go through snail mail? I have been emailing admissions lots of questions so I thought I'd give them a break and see if anyone here knows lol.

Does anyone know if we can do the dean's certification through email or does everything have to go through snail mail? I have been emailing admissions lots of questions so I thought I'd give them a break and see if anyone here knows lol.
I think my Dean emailed it or faxed it to them.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I know campus is closed to visitors, but does anyone know if it’s still allowing cars to drive through? I’ll be in the area soon and would like to get a Covid-friendly look at the campus. I’m torn between here and another school!

Hey guys! I know campus is closed to visitors, but does anyone know if it’s still allowing cars to drive through? I’ll be in the area soon and would like to get a Covid-friendly look at the campus. I’m torn between here and another school!
I drove around the campus two weeks ago! I didn’t go in any of the buildings but all of the streets on the campus were open so I was able to drive by the buildings and see the outside of the vet school!

Reactions: 1 user
I drove around the campus two weeks ago! I didn’t go in any of the buildings but all of the streets on the campus were open so I was able to drive by the buildings and see the outside of the vet school!
Yay! Awesome I’ll do that :)

I drove around last week too!

Does anyone know if we can find out our rank on the alternate list?
I heard they don't release rank.

But speaking of alternate list is there anyone who was accepted that doesn't think they are gonna take their seat??

Members don't see this ad :)

But speaking of alternate list is there anyone who was accepted that doesn't think they are gonna take their seat??
I was accepted but right now I’m thinking I probably will decline. It will probably come down to cost for me, and depending on what other schools I get into and what aid I get from the VA I’ll make my decision. I’m OOS.

Has anyone on the alternate list sent transcripts from fall? I didn’t see anywhere stating we needed to send them unless accepted, only saw to send the Deans certification.

Has anyone on the alternate list sent transcripts from fall? I didn’t see anywhere stating we needed to send them unless accepted, only saw to send the Deans certification.
I am pretty sure that they only require you to send transcripts at the end of the academic year both for people on the waitlist and those accepted!

I sent mine because I had one pre-requisite on my Fall transcript, and I wanted Cornell to know that I completed it on the off chance they might use that information when choosing an IS alternate haha

Did anyone who was accepted get an email about an information session? I was told on the phone call there would be an email sent out with info regarding an informational session and still haven't received anything besides the financial aid tracking page (which barely works for me. Literally have only been able to get the page 2 times even with my popups turned off)

Did anyone who was accepted get an email about an information session? I was told on the phone call there would be an email sent out with info regarding an informational session and still haven't received anything besides the financial aid tracking page (which barely works for me. Literally have only been able to get the page 2 times even with my popups turned off)
I've been wondering the same thing about the information session. The person that called me said we'd be getting an email in a couple weeks, but it's been almost a month now.

I've been wondering the same thing about the information session. The person that called me said we'd be getting an email in a couple weeks, but it's been almost a month now.
They told me it would be early this week!!

You summoned them 🙀

Reactions: 3 users
i didn’t get an email about the info session. anyone else in the same boat?

I haven't either. I'm on the waitlist, but my letter said I'd be invited to the info session still.

I was accepted to Cornell but I will most likely decline my seat. I’m waiting for all of my financial aid offers before I decide, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to choose Penn.

Does anyone know if the deans certification has to be only mailed?

I was accepted to Cornell but I will most likely decline my seat. I’m waiting for all of my financial aid offers before I decide, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to choose Penn.
What's making you choose Penn over Cornell?

Hey guys! I am an IS accepted student. I have never really wanted to go to Cornell but am starting to think it might be the best decision for me based on money and family and really my education as a whole. One of the biggest things for me is getting a tour of the campus. It doesn't look like there is a one included in either of the information sessions so I was wondering if anyone knows of one of their website or on youtube that could be useful?? Thanks!!

Hey guys! I am an IS accepted student. I have never really wanted to go to Cornell but am starting to think it might be the best decision for me based on money and family and really my education as a whole. One of the biggest things for me is getting a tour of the campus. It doesn't look like there is a one included in either of the information sessions so I was wondering if anyone knows of one of their website or on youtube that could be useful?? Thanks!!
Module #3, the one that will be emailed to everyone later, includes a virtual tour! A few people on the thread have also mentioned that you can still drive around campus if you feel like it.

Module #3, the one that will be emailed to everyone later, includes a virtual tour! A few people on the thread have also mentioned that you can still drive around campus if you feel like it.

Ohh great! I forgot about the 3rd one! Thank you!!

They've also already got a couple videos up on youtube! One is of the main building and the other of the small animal hospital. Here's links to the videos!

Main building:
Small Animal hospital:

Reactions: 5 users
Also, I would suggest watching the show Vet School on national geographic wild! It's literally a show about vet school and it takes place at Cornell. As an OSS I felt even more confident accepting my seat after watching the show!

Reactions: 5 users
Also, I would suggest watching the show Vet School on national geographic wild! It's literally a show about vet school and it takes place at Cornell. As an OSS I felt even more confident accepting my seat after watching the show!
Unfortunately, you all won’t get to experience Dr. Mizer who is featured on that show since she retired and is such a wonderful professor! But we have lots of other great professors here too! :)

What's making you choose Penn over Cornell?
Penn is my IS school and it is important to me to be able to stay with my husband and near our families in PA. My husband has a really great job here that he'd be able to keep if we move to Philly, and we just really value having our friends and families nearby for support. Also my current job is willing to give me hours as needed while I'm in school, so that would be another chunk of income that would be hard for us to turn down.

Both are great schools that I would be happy to go to, but Penn just seems like the best fit for me.

have any of y'alls financial aid tracking portals updated to include the fafsa info? i submitted my fafsa and it was processed over a week ago, but its still not showing up on my tracking page. meanwhile my css profile was submitted on the 24th and they updated the tracking page saying they received it on the 26th

I might not if I get into my instate, but my mom really wants me to go to Cornell (buts she's not paying for it so :lol:

have any of y'alls financial aid tracking portals updated to include the fafsa info? i submitted my fafsa and it was processed over a week ago, but its still not showing up on my tracking page. meanwhile my css profile was submitted on the 24th and they updated the tracking page saying they received it on the 26th
Mine updated with the fafsa info but I submitted mine about a month ago. I did end up calling them last week about it not updating (it only updated a few days ago) and they said they are just starting to receive prospective new student fafsa info this week and to call if it hadn’t updated by the end of this week. It could be possible that they haven’t gotten to your info yet and will soon, but I’d call them to make sure! The financial aid office has been extremely helpful every time I’ve spoken with them!

Mine updated with the fafsa info but I submitted mine about a month ago. I did end up calling them last week about it not updating (it only updated a few days ago) and they said they are just starting to receive prospective new student fafsa info this week and to call if it hadn’t updated by the end of this week. It could be possible that they haven’t gotten to your info yet and will soon, but I’d call them to make sure! The financial aid office has been extremely helpful every time I’ve spoken with them!
Thank you so much! I’ll call them on monday morning then :)

For the IRS tax transcripts, do we email those directly to Cornell? I don't see a place to upload them to the financial aid page.

For the IRS tax transcripts, do we email those directly to Cornell? I don't see a place to upload them to the financial aid page.
When I filed out fafsa i used that direct IRS transfer thing (Direct student/ parent transfer?), and cornell automatically gets it from the FAFSA if you elect to use it.

When I filed out fafsa i used that direct IRS transfer thing (Direct student/ parent transfer?), and cornell automatically gets it from the FAFSA if you elect to use it.
For some reason FAFSA did that for my info but wouldn’t do it for my parents’ :/

For some reason FAFSA did that for my info but wouldn’t do it for my parents’ :/
My parents filed my FAFSA so their IRS tax transcript was sent but mine was not. I had to make an account and send it over separately. The IRS sucks tho b/c I created my account weeks ago and still can’t access the forms. I contacted financial aid and they said they don’t need it for aid/award decisions and only need it by the time we start, but I’d double check if this is the case for parent IRS data too.

Any other accepted students struggling to stay motivated during this last semester of college? My dream of getting into vet school has already come true and since that was my drive for so long, I’m just checked out! But don’t want to lose my offer due to grade drop so trying to keep chugging along here🚂

Any other accepted students struggling to stay motivated during this last semester of college? My dream of getting into vet school has already come true and since that was my drive for so long, I’m just checked out! But don’t want to lose my offer due to grade drop so trying to keep chugging along here🚂
me too! Just get C's or B's and you're good to go! Remember to focus on self care too!

Question for current students. Do you have hw or assiments or just study.
im not a current student but i can touch on what we learned during the module 1 information session for accepted/waitlisted students! in classes with problem based learning, you put together a list of “learning issues” that your group had when going over the case. then it’s your responsibility to go home and work through these learning issues so that you can be prepared for the next tutor group session. so not like technically anything due the next day, but you are expected to learn the material that came up in your learning issues list. current students feel free to correct me if any of this is wrong! that’s just what i understood from the practice problem based learning session

im not a current student but i can touch on what we learned during the module 1 information session for accepted/waitlisted students! in classes with problem based learning, you put together a list of “learning issues” that your group had when going over the case. then it’s your responsibility to go home and work through these learning issues so that you can be prepared for the next tutor group session. so not like technically anything due the next day, but you are expected to learn the material that came up in your learning issues list. current students feel free to correct me if any of this is wrong! that’s just what i understood from the practice problem based learning session
Yes I am aware of that but thats just for the pbl. Im talking about work for lectures and labs things like that.

Yes I am aware of that but thats just for the pbl. Im talking about work for lectures and labs things like that.
ok sorry! i didn't realize you were looking to hear about only non-pbl courses. thats all i know about haha so i'd be interested in hearing about assignments and homework for other courses too!!