DMU anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d-boy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know who has been accepted to DMU. I got in last month and am very excited. What do you think about the upcoming year?

Members don't see this ad.

I was likewise accepted last month, When did you interview? I am half excited, half unsure about the move to Des Moines and the rigors of the first year. I'm willing to take a shot though, eventually (by year three) I will be out of Iowa and closer to home. I plan on doing years 3 and 4 in Ohio, I'm from Indianapolis, so rotation years will be less than 2 hours from home. Where are you from and what did you think of DMU and Des Moines?

Hey guys,

I am headed to DMU next fall as well. I interviewed early December. See you next fall.

Vic

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll see you all there at DMU in August. Des Moines seems like a nice place to live.

Thanks for the replies. I interviewed on Dec 10th. Currently I go to Drake university in Des moines so I know the town quiet well. It is not as bad as it sounds. It kills me to say this but i kind of Like Des moines, which is a lot for a person from chicago (originally from England) to say. DMU is a nice place, I do research there now so I have had an oppurtunity to be involved with the school for almost 1.5 years now. Look forward to seeing you all there.
---- D-boy ----

Congrats to everyone!! If any of you have questions about DMU, the area, moving, apartments etc...please feel free to contact me!

DMU
MSI

Congrats to all who have been accepted to DMU! I have an interview there on 2/23 and I'd love to have your impressions about interviewing there. How many interview sessions did you have? Panel or individual (or both) type interviews? Any tough questions? Did the staff, faculty and interviewers seem friendly or bored when you met them? How many people are usually in an interview group for the day? How long after the interview did you wait to find out whether or not you were accepted? How were you notified? Thanks for any info that you want to give, and I hope that I end up being your classmate!

hey is this the INdyMike that was going to go to school last year that decided to wait a year? I think I spoke to you. As I am a Hoosier as well. P.S. Beth get your ass off the internet and start studying micro/phys/OMM or something!

Ryan, I recognize alot of these screen names from last year as well. Thanks for the motivational words...i would tell you to go study...but I already know that you are!

If any of you have questions about DMU, the interview process or any other general questions...here's my e-mail address:

[email protected]

Take care!
Beth

I'm interviewing at DMU on March 2nd. Can you guys give me some helpful suggestions for the interview at DMU?