2023-2024 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else still haven't heard anything after their interview? I interviewed early December. . .
Don’t take this as gospel, but I heard they “admit” people without sending them an acceptance. They don’t want to put you on the WL, but they also don’t have any spots available until someone drops their seat. Just stay patient.

How long after your Kira assessment does it take for them to send you an email about scheduling the group interview?

Don’t take this as gospel, but I heard they “admit” people without sending them an acceptance. They don’t want to put you on the WL, but they also don’t have any spots available until someone drops their seat. Just stay patient.
that's a super interesting way to go about things but reassuring to hear! thank you

What does this mean

What does this mean
Basically, they hold applicants that they want to accept, wait until someone drops their seat > sends the held applicant an acceptance.

Weird way to go about it, but it sounds like it has to do with the negative connotation people apply to being put on the WL.

Which brings up another good point, that has been stressed on the threads of years passed. Just bc you end up on the WL, doesn’t mean you won’t be accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
Group session was 12/8, have not heard back yet. Is it bad to send a continued interest email asking about application status to admissions?

Curious if anyone accepted to DMU received a scholarship. If so, when did administration tell you about it?

Just got the congrats on interviewing pop up card. Still not sure if it means anything, haven’t done the group interview yet

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't see any instructions, but are we supposed to wear business casual for the "interview" zoom Q&A?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an II on friday :) very thankful but will be declining so I hope it goes to one of you! Does anyone know how to decline the invite? Do I have to upload my ID first or should I just email them

Withdrew my seat here today. Accepted to my in-state program. Excited for it to go to one of y'all deserving future physicians!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the congrats on interviewing pop up card. Still not sure if it means anything, haven’t done the group interview yet
I got the same thing, and got too excited when I saw the word "congratulations" lol. I figured it was a little too early after my Kira interview.

II OOS just now, submitted application + complete 2/8

Last edited:
I'm kind of unsure whether I should attend MU-COM or DMU-COM. I live in Michigan, so both would be OOS. I am leaning towards MU-COM, but I want to be 100% sure before I make the decision. Can anyone help me out?

I'm kind of unsure whether I should attend MU-COM or DMU-COM. I live in Michigan, so both would be OOS. I am leaning towards MU-COM, but I want to be 100% sure before I make the decision. Can anyone help me out?
Which is cheaper for you? Look at board scores and compare. Also look at opportunities both schools offer and see what interests you. Talk to students at both schools, see what they like or dislike about their respective schools and weigh those responses.

is it too late to apply here? I'm hesitant to apply since they seem to emphasize working closely with a DO and I haven't shadowed one

is it too late to apply here? I'm hesitant to apply since they seem to emphasize working closely with a DO and I haven't shadowed one
Bruh, it’s basically March. The cycle is over. Apply in May for the next cycle! By then, you should be able to find a DO to work with.

DMU seems to have a bigger range of specialties that people match into.

Has anyone been put on “hold” and received a II later on?

Congrats! If you're okay with sharing, what was the earliest interview date available?
hey I haven't received a follow-up email yet about the kira or group session so I'll have to get back to you on that!

Interviewed in late december but still haven’t heard back, should I shoot them a email to ask or anyone in the same boat?

Last edited:
Interviewed in late december but still haven’t heard back, should I shoot them a email to ask?
They told me at my interview early February turn around is 4 weeks, so I think you should

They told me at my interview early February turn around is 4 weeks, so I think you should
yeah in mine info session they said about 4-6 weeks as well :( but it seems like a lot of people heard back after two month

yeah in mine info session they said about 4-6 weeks as well :( but it seems like a lot of people heard back after two month
They encouraged us to reach out after 4 weeks. Considering you were in December I would reach out :)

Is the class full yet? Have a feeling I'm interviewing for the waitlist being at this point in the cycle

I think the class is full but remember that last year 480 students were accepted but only 221 matriculated, so don't lose hope, spots will open up steadily

• Care
Hi everyone!
Just doing a call-to-action to fill out the Recorded Video Interview survey to help future applicants. Since you have taken a Kira Talent interview (live or recorded), your input is especially desired.