2023-2024 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just finished my Kira (yikes), how quickly did you guys get emailed about the virtual group thing?

Members don't see this ad.

Just finished my Kira (yikes), how quickly did you guys get emailed about the virtual group thing?
I got it on Monday or Tuesday cause I also did it on a Sunday! also yeah that Kira was whack for me too 😂

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn, with the an LM like that? I def getting rejected.
definitely surprised with the result. My writing is strong and one of my LORs is from a DMU graduate as well, I'm going to guess it was due to my subpar Kira performance. . .

Damn, with the an LM like that? I def getting rejected.
definitely surprised with the result. My writing is strong and one of my LORs is from a DMU graduate as well, I'm going to guess it was due to my subpar Kira performance. . .
Could be any number of reasons. Don’t hang your head and count your blessings.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Ah man this has me worried because I didn't feel very confident in my kira answers D: I submitted them 2/22/24 so I'm guessing I find out late April?

• Care
What makes you say that?
Just seems that most of the people who have been getting acceptances recently had interviewed either early this year or last year so they must be getting off the waitlist. I know a lot of schools do a different process throughout the cycle but at every school I've interviewed at in 2024 I have been waitlisted (only DO schools). This suggests to me that most DO schools have a full class but are expecting students to drop and are interviewing to fill students to ensure they have a full class. Just my thoughts on it though. 🤷‍♂️

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I'm taking my Kira assessment sometime this week and was wondering how much time we have to respond to prompts. It wasn't mentioned anywhere in my email, and some other med schools I interviewed at provided that info beforehand.

Hi everyone! I'm taking my Kira assessment sometime this week and was wondering how much time we have to respond to prompts. It wasn't mentioned anywhere in my email, and some other med schools I interviewed at provided that info beforehand.
most were about 1 to 1.5 mins. they just give you the prompt and you get like ~15-30 seconds i to think about i believe and then you start

Does anyone know what / if this school provides their students with anything prior to school starting? And does anyone know how often exams are and if they are usually on Mondays or Fridays?

Does anyone know what / if this school provides their students with anything prior to school starting? And does anyone know how often exams are and if they are usually on Mondays or Fridays?
For first years, exams are every other Monday. As a second year, exams are about once a month

just got put on alternate list today. completed interview application late february

How was the group zoom interview?
Not very informational. Spent the majority of the time introducing ourselves with almost no time to ask questions to faculty/students.

Not very informational. Spent the majority of the time introducing ourselves with almost no time to ask questions to faculty/students.
Agreed, not very impressed by the interview format/process

So not really an interview then? Did they ask any questions besides introductions?

Would DMU send a link for a background check through certiphi before actual acceptance?

Is the alternate list different from the waitlist for DMU?

Last edited:
How were you notified? I completed mine early February and haven’t heard anything
I was notified via email with them saying an additional email is gonna be sent in regards to where exactly you are on the alternate list

Alternate, got the email yesterday(Mar 14). Info session was Feb 22

II 03/13, won’t be attending. Hope it goes to someone who needs it.

22nd, I was wait listed a while ago but the email was vague. They said early spring. Im not sure if they have much movement on their waiting list.

They don't give ranks here, I believe they release quartiles by April 30th

Anyone else have their q & a session the beginning of February and not heard back yet?

Anyone else have their q & a session the beginning of February and not heard back yet?

Yep group interview 2/1, I sent them an email yesterday, will lyk if anything happens

Edit: received reply just now that adcom still reviewing for final decision… that’s all :)