2021-2022 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else a little worried about the letter grading system? I wish it was true P/F.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
DO FB group has 209 students right now (including class of 2025 ambassadors, etc) , the pulse DO 2026 shows 231 students, but keep in mind these include students that may have left as well.
Thank you, What is the pulse DO vs FB DO??

Thank you, What is the pulse DO vs FB DO??
FB DO is the facebook DO group class of 2026. This includes some upper classmen as well.

Pulse has the directory so I can search up everyone else's DMU email/phone number in the class of 2026. I think if people withdraw their information is still in Pulse for the time-being

Members don't see this ad :)
Fingers crossed for some WL movement this week 🤞

Reactions: 4 users
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. I got THE TEXT. ACCEPTED JUST NOW AHHHHHHH

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
First quartile HP. Accepted with no SJT, 122 cars, and an academic integrity IA. If I can get in, y’all can get in!!!
Congrats yall, glad to see that movement has started!

Members don't see this ad :)
DMU is the only DO unless I am blind lol
Compared to last year, there are more MD schools participating is what I meant. DMU seems to be the only DO, but it’s only recommended. Plenty of people reported getting As to DMU without it.

I scored a 1 and got and A.

When it comes to waitlist movement do acceptances go out once a week or every couple days? Just curious.

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone heard back from 04/21 interviews?

*update: post II rejection, but good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:
DMU sent me a backpack after acceptance, but I have committed somewhere else and already have enough bags. I’m willing to ship at my expense to anyone who wants it. PM me if interested. I only have one so first come first serve.
IMG_8363.jpg

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
The rejects wouldn't mind any gift from them. 👀

Any more WL movement since last Monday? I'm languishing away over here.

Also, if anyone wants comedic relief, I sent a letter of interest with a typo. I wrote "compressive, whole-body approach." Hoping they think I'm just referencing OMM 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
For those accepted, are you planning to get a place closer to the current campus, or near the new campus? Trying to decide for myself.

For those accepted, are you planning to get a place closer to the current campus, or near the new campus? Trying to decide for myself.
I was thinking west Des Moines, so closer to the new campus.

Will be withdrawing my A soon. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys. 🤞🏼.

Reactions: 1 users
After a long period of quarterly pre-interview “are you still interested” emails, I got my pre-interview rejection today. Complete 9/21 - never heard anything about being put on WL or anything.

I’ll be down the road at KCU - let’s show the world what DOs can accomplish!

For those still waiting for a school to snap you up, hang in there - with all the work you put in to get here you’re destined for great things!

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody know if there has been much movement yet? I'm first quartile non HP and I don't know how to feel right now.

Anybody know if there has been much movement yet? I'm first quartile non HP and I don't know how to feel right now.
Although not everyone uses SDN, I think we will be the first to know when the waitlist moves again. AACOMAS traffic deadline is ~3 days away so I’m sure there might be some movement afterwards. I’m in the same boat as you so hang in there and let’s hope soon!

Withdrew my A here yesterday. Hope it goes to one of y'all here!

• Care
Received an email asking if I am still interested in DMU if a seat becomes available. Anyone else get this?

Received an email asking if I am still interested in DMU if a seat becomes available. Anyone else get this?
I did not, but it seems from past threads that folks who received this email eventually got the A.

Are you high priority?

I’m first quartile, HP and still haven’t heard anything and also haven’t received the email that others have. I sent a letter of interest to them recently. I’m starting to get worried 😕

Does anyone know if you always get the email first before getting accepted? Or do some people just get accepted without a heads up.