2021-2022 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if you always get the email first before getting accepted? Or do some people just get accepted without a heads up.
It's a text, then email.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my seat, best of luck to everyone on the WL!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew from the first quartile - hopefully this increases the odds for everyone else! Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just withdrew my A. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys. GL!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist earlier this week. Will be giving my seat up as I have been accepted elsewhere. Good luck to you all!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hey all, I am non-HP first quartile. At what date/point do you guys think I should start making arrangements with the school I plan to attend should I not be accepted to DMU?

Hey all, I am non-HP first quartile. At what date/point do you guys think I should start making arrangements with the school I plan to attend should I not be accepted to DMU?
Anyone can tell you their speculations, or just what happened last cycles, but the truth is: no one really knows. You might want to look at past years' threads and maybe compare it to try and decide that for yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got THEE email asking if I was still interested in a spot in the class of 2026!!! Hopefully it means what it has meant for others previously in this thread and in previous years. Potentially exciting news and movement.

1st Quartile, non HP

Reactions: 5 users
I just got THEE email asking if I was still interested in a spot in the class of 2026!!! Hopefully it means what it has meant for others previously in this thread and in previous years. Potentially exciting news and movement.

1st Quartile, non HP
Congrats man. Within 24 hours of getting that email from Anna, I was accepted. You’re close.

• Care

1st Quartile, non HP
+1

1st Quartile, non HP
in state or OOS?

in state or OOS?
OOS, but I updated them more times than I could count to show enthusiasm whenever anything changed that I deemed important to share. Also only a state away so not terribly far.

Am OOS, 1st quartile, non-HP. Keeping fngers crossed for some luck in the way of an email as well.

1st Q non-HP no e-mail :( Congrats to everyone that got it though!

1st Quartile, non HP
Update, accepted about 30 minutes ago via text!

• Love
Got accepted! OOS, non-HP, 1st quartile. Literally, I have been checking this page every day multiple times a day for the past two weeks. If there is anyone else like me, hold onto to hope!

• Love
No email, but accepted via text a few hours ago :)

Edit: I didn't get the "Are you interested email". Just the text. I hope they didn't smell my desperation halfway across the country...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users