DMU Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

RDJ

I am applying to seven D.O. schools in June. My top picks thus far are those offering a DO/MPH option. I am quite familiar with the curriculum at several of the schools, but I am a little unclear as to how DMU does it. Their catalog and web page does not address the issue. Is the DO/MPH a five-year option or four? Either way, where does the MPH classes fit into the schedule? Are they night classes? ...Summer classes? Moreover, I am also at the understanding that they are offering newly accepted students the chance to start MPH classes the summer before the basic sciences begin, anyone know anything about this?

Thanks for your time
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

>>I am a little unclear as to how DMU does it. Their catalog and web page does not address the issue. Is the DO/MPH a five-year option or four?

The degree programs are separate. Many students will complete the MPH program before they go off on rotations, beginning their 3rd year. Others complete the program via correspondance and may participate in telecourse campuses if away from DMU during 3rd and/or 4th years. Some students finish the program after DO graduation - I think they allow you up to 7 years after you start to complete the masters degree.

>>Either way, where does the MPH classes fit into the schedule? Are they night classes? ...Summer classes?

Most are evening and/or weekend classes.

>>Moreover, I am also at the understanding that they are offering newly accepted students the chance to start MPH classes the summer before the basic sciences begin, anyone know anything about this?

Yes, you can take MPH classes starting the summer before your medical program begins and receive the 1/2 price break that the dual degree students are eligable for.

If you have specific questions, I suggest you talk to Mary Pat Wohlford-Wessels at (515)271-1636.

Hope that helps,
Scott (a dual degree DO/MHA student)

[This message has been edited by scoren (edited 05-10-2000).]