DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maddogdo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was just wondering, I am on my way to DMU next week and looking for some advice. Everyone says it is a really relaxed setting. Is anyone else going up the first week of October? Any advice from people who have already interviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

Maddogdo:
I'm a first year at DMU and what you have heard is true. The atmosphere is great, small school with excellent professors that care about your education. The interview will probably be one of most "laid back" interviews you will expiernce so sit back and enjoy. This was the only school I applied to, so I have nothing to compare it with, but other students told me they were hooked on the school after the interview and campus tour. My advice for the interview is to be yourself and definately know something about Osteopathic Medicine because they will most likely bring it up. Have a great time in Des Moines next week!

I would say the samething as Hawkeye (a classmate but I don't know which one, ooops :p ) Another thing, if it helps, is that DMU doesn't interview you if they don't already have a great deal of interest in you. They just want to "put a name with a face." At least that is what they told me. Best of luck to you! Don't be too stressed they won't bring out the lamp and put you under the spot :D

You must have been one of those interviewees in today's group... Hope your experience was good :)