Dog Sanctuary WW Game Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lissa, does he ask common names a whole bunch? I had been ignoring those in lieu of the genus species, but I'm having second thoughts.

Sorry guise. :d
He asks them a little on both lecture and lab portions. I remember thinking that he wouldn't and then they showed up on the test. Also, I don't know if you have covered it yet but his favorite parasites are Trichinella nativa and Parelaphostrongylus tenuis. Know those for sure!
 
Also noting that Dyachei was a "part-time sniffer" and therefore KNEW I was a dog and JMJ was a hybrid. Dyachei stuck to her guns and voted to maul me in the end, even after many others changed their minds.

Who else voted to maul me in the end the other day? They could be wolves! Dyachei would have shared her knowledge of my innocence with them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I stand corrected, dyachei changed her vote to JMJ. The only remaining people who voted to maul me were PSILT and Cuit. I told Cuit what I was before the rest of the thread knew. I don't know if that is sufficient evidence to be suspicious of Cuit, though. I could have been lying.

Anyone else have ideas?
 
He asks them a little on both lecture and lab portions. I remember thinking that he wouldn't and then they showed up on the test. Also, I don't know if you have covered it yet but his favorite parasites are Trichinella nativa and Parelaphostrongylus tenuis. Know those for sure!

He mentioned Trichinella spp. but not a specific, and I know he didn't mention Parelaphostrongylus! He seemed terribly excited about Dioctophyme renale.

Buh.
 
I'm with nyanko on sniffers - I would imagine they have to target someone to "sniff out", and perhaps using their ability is another thing that prevents them from posting for a day?
 
*wanders around the forest looking for her hurt buddy Stormwater* Stormwater?? Where ARE you??? I know your hurt and I kinda want to know where you are!
Back from the ICU and thanks to whoever it was that 'healed' me! Sorry I missed out on all the excitement.
 
Am I surrounded by wolves in the working group?... I don't know if that is sufficient evidence to be suspicious of Cuit, though. I could have been lying.

I wasn't convinced of your guilt at the time but had no better option 🙁. And I'm not a wolf; since roles were randomly assigned I think our group just got unlucky.
 
Nevermind, I think Cuit is probably ok 🙂

Gosh....I have no good ideas.
 
*****DNN Headline News:******

*Stormwater healed by mysterious puppy. But missing again?

*Wolf attack challenged by a different puppy. Details unlear.

*A dangerous investigation into tonight's activities was undertaken by a 3rd dog sources tell us. The dog doing this investigation is currently missing.

*Katie8 can talk again.

* 3 more non-lethal attacks took place last night. Two on the toy group and one on the herding group.

* Maddie girl is killed by Wolf attack. She is survived by her fellow sporting group dogs. She was just a friendly old lab, no one knows why she was targeted as she is just a pack member

Sporting Group
1- Katie8 (Vizsla)
*** Maddiegirl (Lab)***
3- Graduatedly (Weimaraner)
4- LMMS (Flat Coated Retriever)

Hound Group
.1- Lissarae06 (Bloodhound). The Ghost of Lost Love
2- WhtsThFrequency (Mountain Cur)
3-Chebanse (greyhound)
4- Sheepdogpsu (Irish Wolfhound)

Working Group
***dyachei (Alaskan Malamute)***
2- Nordicat (Mutt - until the DNA tests come back)
***jemappellejane (Newfoundland)***
4- cuitlamiztli (Siberian Husky)

Toy Group
1- Heylodeb (Min Pin)
2- DVMDream (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel)
3- StormWater (Yorkie)
4 - Psilovethomas (chihuahua)
***** -Dino (Italian Greyhound)*****

Terrier Group
1- devyn (Staffordshire Bull Terrier)
2- that redhead (Miniature Bull Terrier)
**** zoovet (Black Russian Terrier) *****
4-squirrelsrule (Boston Terrier)

Herding Group
1- krist (GSD)
2-twelvetigers (Pembroke Welsh corgi)
3-nyanko (Australian Shepherd)
4- sooprnova (Australian Cattle Dog)

It is Day 4. You have until 9:30EST to maul someone.
20 dogs left living (well 19 living and 1 sort of enjoying the afterlife).
 
Last edited:
I thought I was confused before but now I have no idea what to think of this. If there were 3 non-lethal attacks does that mean possibly 3 wolves left? Someone said earlier there are usually 2 wolves to start with and we got one, so I don't know what to think. And what is with all the dogs going missing, hope they are all microchipped!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should we try to figure out who we are missing?
Everyone still present, announce yourself by adding your name to the list.

Here:
Nordicat
 
Alright. As Alpha, I have to lead a charge here, even if I turn out to be wrong. I have been going back through the thread, and taking into account the types of questions people asked, etc. I'm also going on a little bit of trust from some other people in here.

In conclusion, like my suspicions in the JMJ lynch, I still vote to lynch StormWater. SW kept pushing and pushing for Nordicat and seemed unwilling to listen to reason, possibly wanting to keep a possible conversion (JMJ) alive.
 
😱😱😱 MADDIE?!?!? Barooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :cry: Aw, common!!!!!! That's two hits on the sporting in less than 24. Mercy doggies, mercy!!
 
And in terms of SW being healed and missing again - remember, even wolves may be silenced if their attack fails. Whoever healed him/her (if anyone wants to admit it?) may not have known the wolfy or nonwolfy status. That's my take on it. I can't see any other good candidates, myself.
 
Maul vote
Stormwater 1 (WTF)

Hey guys, deadline is 9:30pm EST.

I will not be able to spend much time updating the vote or will be divorced tomorrow. I suggest you keep an unofficial tally. You can just update this message as you vote perhaps. I will be back later around the deadline. Nothing is final until I decide it (or verify it).

10 votes for a plurality.

try to send PMs early so I can get out of the "doghouse".
Maybe 2 sessions in a day was a little ambitious on my part given the surprising complexity of this game. 😳
 
OK, I'm going with WTF on this one unless I'm given good reasons otherwise. Maddie, I will avenge thee!!!!

Maul Stormwater
 
😱😱😱 MADDIE?!?!? Barooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :cry: Aw, common!!!!!! That's two hits on the sporting in less than 24. Mercy doggies, mercy!!

NOO!! Any way we can revive her? Does anyone know if she had an item of any sort?

Btw, SOV stated: "She is survived by her fellow sporting group dogs"
Can we assume that SOV is stating that everyone remaining in the sporting group are all dogs? Can we trust everyone in the group?

Katie8 - can you tell us anything about your attack and possibly who healed you?
 
***************************************************************
Jesus+Puppy+resurrection+yellow+lab+heaven+Jesus+Christ+dog+lover.jpg


sometimes the innocents get slaughtered for no good reason.. oh well now I'm young and fluffy again! 😎


***************************************************************
 
So those that are silent may be good protectors or may be wolfie attackers?

Yep. I admit this is conjecture. I have played games where failed attacks can cause a wolf to be silenced (usually only one). There are sooo many people being silenced, it's weird. Ok, guard dogs can be silenced after defending a successful attack. And now, evidently, according to SOVs post, a dog can be silenced after investigation (ie needing recuperation time)? Can anyone vouch for SW?

The wolves may also have investigation abilities to find hybrids to try and convert, btw.
 
NOO!! Any way we can revive her? Does anyone know if she had an item of any sort?

Btw, SOV stated: "She is survived by her fellow sporting group dogs"
Can we assume that SOV is stating that everyone remaining in the sporting group are all dogs? Can we trust everyone in the group?

Katie8 - can you tell us anything about your attack and possibly who healed you?
I don't think that is what SOV meant. The moderator is not supposed to help either group.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are thoughts on psi?

That's been a topic of interest... Even one of her own group members sniffed something 'bad'. OK, I've gotta dash and take care of something; so I'm going to hold my SW vote for now. I'll check back and see if any more info comes through and will then revote if necessary. Come on, wolfies, slip up!
 
Maul PSILThomas

Going w/my gut...hope it's not full-o-worms! :xf:

Updating the list...
Maul vote
PSILThomas 1 (Nordicat)

Hey guys, deadline is 9:30pm EST.

I will not be able to spend much time updating the vote or will be divorced tomorrow. I suggest you keep an unofficial tally. You can just update this message as you vote perhaps. I will be back later around the deadline. Nothing is final until I decide it (or verify it).

10 votes for a plurality.

try to send PMs early so I can get out of the "doghouse".
Maybe 2 sessions in a day was a little ambitious on my part given the surprising complexity of this game. 😳
 
Updating more...

Maul vote
PSILThomas 1 (Nordicat)
Graduatedly 1 (DVMDream)

Hey guys, deadline is 9:30pm EST.

I will not be able to spend much time updating the vote or will be divorced tomorrow. I suggest you keep an unofficial tally. You can just update this message as you vote perhaps. I will be back later around the deadline. Nothing is final until I decide it (or verify it).

10 votes for a plurality.

try to send PMs early so I can get out of the "doghouse".
Maybe 2 sessions in a day was a little ambitious on my part given the surprising complexity of this game. 😳
 
For now, based on the information I have:

maul Graduatedly

WHAT?! What have you heard?! I can guarantee that whatever you "heard" (OR DIDN'T) isn't true.

You guys have all already seen what I've been able to do with Larissae that will prove to be very valuable for us dogs. Puppies, people!

Now I'm getting suspicious of you, DVM or whoever you're talking to! :nono:
 
I'm about to get on a plane, so I have to cast my vote now... I feel so uninformed!!!! I am really sorry, but based on the limited information I have, I vote to maul PSILThomas. If I land and have been proven wrong before the deadline, I am happy to change my vote.
 
WHAT?! What have you heard?! I can guarantee that whatever you "heard" (OR DIDN'T) isn't true.

You guys have all already seen what I've been able to do with Larissae that will prove to be very valuable for us dogs. Puppies, people!

Now I'm getting suspicious of you, DVM or whoever you're talking to! :nono:
Did SOV not tell you? We can't bring people back anymore. Once I got killed that ability went bye bye. I was able to bring myself back but that's it.
 
I was attacked by an unknown assailant. I do not have any info other than it was the second attack of the night.

My heart goes out to maddiegurl. How do you attack the lab?! I have many questions and I want vengeance for our fellow sporting dog.

I need clarification on why stormwater. Just because of her adamant vote for Nordicat? Or is there more info?

Apologies for how long it took to respond. It's my owners mothers bday today 🙂
 
Did SOV not tell you? We can't bring people back anymore. Once I got killed that ability went bye bye. I was able to bring myself back but that's it.

OOH - so that's what SOV meant when they thought about considering making another mate in the pack. Darn ...

But nonetheless, I hope you can all see that I'm evidently not a wolf.

DVM - can you tell us what kind of information you've received? I don't want to vote to maul you on the sole basis that I'm suspicious of you - especially if there is someone giving you false information.
 
WHAT?! What have you heard?! I can guarantee that whatever you "heard" (OR DIDN'T) isn't true.

You guys have all already seen what I've been able to do with Larissae that will prove to be very valuable for us dogs. Puppies, people!

Now I'm getting suspicious of you, DVM or whoever you're talking to! :nono:

I can promise I am not a wolf, but I am not getting much info from anyone except my fellow toy group members who are awesome. As a leader I am trying to get as much info as possible for the benefit of the pack. I haven't heard much from you since your romance with lissa. Care to share any more info? I am really just as clueless as everyone else. For now, unmaul graduatedly. Until I hear more from other dogs.
 
I can promise I am not a wolf, but I am not getting much info from anyone except my fellow toy group members who are awesome. As a leader I am trying to get as much info as possible for the benefit of the pack. I haven't heard much from you since your romance with lissa. Care to share any more info? I am really just as clueless as everyone else. For now, unmaul graduatedly. Until I hear more from other dogs.

I've already exposed all the information I have on myself with what I've been able to do with a matched mate. There are also limitations with my ability to communicate after a long night of love making 😉

Can you tell us anything about your role? You know, leaders can also be wolves ...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've already exposed all the information I have on myself with what I've been able to do with a matched mate. There are also limitations with my ability to communicate after a long night of love making 😉

Can you tell us anything about your role? You know, leaders can also be wolves ...

Being a leader gave me no additional roles, I have a role that can inherit the ability of the current dog with that role when that dog dies.
 
Ok....since I was now informed that it wasn't investigatory proof on SW not being a wolf, only an opinion of DVMs.....I am strongly considering changing my vote again. Psi and SW are my top two, with some others trailing. And yes, I am stuck on SW based on the Nordicat thing. Call it a gut suspicion. Back in maybe an hour - stuf***e to do.