-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Don't WWake the Baby - Game Thread
Started by finnickthedog
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How convenient.Well, my power is officially confirmed 100% useless. I was redirected again. Saw nothing.
You are as useless as you once ever were.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I tried to observe Visc. Ended up in Zenge’s room. Saw no one.How convenient.
Whoa. Alright. Easy there big guy.You are as useless as you once ever were.
okay I didn't want to say anything while she was alive and out her PR, but genny told me she was a blocker day 3, and that's what she wanted me to tell cray (well that her block was redirected to her)
Last edited:
I got the baby monitor item. Couldn’t find out exactly what it did until I used it. Unfortunately it was a motion detector and not an eavesdropping item like I hoped. I chose AJS because I thought he would be the next likely kill target. I did detect motion but I’m guessing that was the redirect/him using his watching ability.
Pretty sure Finn is hinting that it is VOLO today
At this point I can almost guarantee the wolves aren’t going to kill me. I’m a noob who is less useful to the village overall than the rest of you. And since my power is useless with it being redirected every night, there’s no need for them to kill me when they can kill someone else. So… here i am.I got the baby monitor item. Couldn’t find out exactly what it did until I used it. Unfortunately it was a motion detector and not an eavesdropping item like I hoped. I chose AJS because I thought he would be the next likely kill target. I did detect motion but I’m guessing that was the redirect/him using his watching ability.
Now I wait for dds to either say “how convenient” or compare me, a Jewish man, to a guard at the concentration camps in the holocaust again.
Or his kill abilityI got the baby monitor item. Couldn’t find out exactly what it did until I used it. Unfortunately it was a motion detector and not an eavesdropping item like I hoped. I chose AJS because I thought he would be the next likely kill target. I did detect motion but I’m guessing that was the redirect/him using his watching ability.
###Vote ajs513###
How many times do we have to go over this? I’ve defended multiple people (and rightfully so), found the only wolf thus far, have been extremely credible aside from my one screw up trying to get genny to self prez (which she couldn’t because her phone was trapped in a gas station), have proven that I’m not this mastermind, and haven’t played nearly as calculated as a pack of wolves directing me would have. If you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at yourself for picking the wrong person every time, including right now.###Vote ajs513###
this is the full transcript between genny and I day 3 PM:
Genny: Why did you do this? [When PM was established by mods]
Me: Because I wanted you to be my permanent PM partner at the beginning but then you were like don’t pick me I’m not awake at night. And my ability is I get an extra PM each day, one that can include day time.
I’m not a big PM person (in fact I can’t wait to rub it in Samac face when the game is over), but I figured might as well just open it even if we don’t use it because I have to select at night for the next day.
Genny: Is there anyone you won’t antagonize? I’m really sick of this mentality from you.
Genny: Like I really do think you’re village this game, and I’d love to work with you, but you sure make it more difficult than it needs to be.
Me: Teasing my friend (who isn’t in the game) about getting an ability she would love because I thoughtfully know what she likes is “making it difficult to work with me”?
Me: Like wtf Genny. You making that comment is crap and so hypocritical as you literally use it to ANTAGONIZE me.
Genny: Do you have a PM with cray?
Me: No
Me: Day 1 was zenge
Day 2 was no one (not sure if due to night cancel or I was too late getting my choice in)
Day 3 is you
WZ is my regular full game PM choice but I haven’t opened it yet
no one opened one with me
Genny: Ok, well I was hoping to get a message to Cray privately that the block on her N0 was due to redirection. So if you feel like opening one with her to tell her, I’d appreciate it. I feel like it might be coloring her view of the game if she thinks someone intentionally blocked her.
Me: Yes I can choose her for tomorrow (assuming we both live).
as far as what your referencing, I either missed something or this was all something in private.
Genny: I was redirected from April to Cray. So that’s how I know the idea of redirecting shorty’s kill is BS.
Me: just to be clear genny before I lose you, you want me to tell her the whole thing? that you blocked April N0 but it was redirected to cray? or do you want me to leave the April or block part out and just the redirect?
Genny: meh, i'm ambivalent. whatever.
[PM period ended]
Genny: Why did you do this? [When PM was established by mods]
Me: Because I wanted you to be my permanent PM partner at the beginning but then you were like don’t pick me I’m not awake at night. And my ability is I get an extra PM each day, one that can include day time.
I’m not a big PM person (in fact I can’t wait to rub it in Samac face when the game is over), but I figured might as well just open it even if we don’t use it because I have to select at night for the next day.
Genny: Is there anyone you won’t antagonize? I’m really sick of this mentality from you.
Genny: Like I really do think you’re village this game, and I’d love to work with you, but you sure make it more difficult than it needs to be.
Me: Teasing my friend (who isn’t in the game) about getting an ability she would love because I thoughtfully know what she likes is “making it difficult to work with me”?
Me: Like wtf Genny. You making that comment is crap and so hypocritical as you literally use it to ANTAGONIZE me.
Genny: Do you have a PM with cray?
Me: No
Me: Day 1 was zenge
Day 2 was no one (not sure if due to night cancel or I was too late getting my choice in)
Day 3 is you
WZ is my regular full game PM choice but I haven’t opened it yet
no one opened one with me
Genny: Ok, well I was hoping to get a message to Cray privately that the block on her N0 was due to redirection. So if you feel like opening one with her to tell her, I’d appreciate it. I feel like it might be coloring her view of the game if she thinks someone intentionally blocked her.
Me: Yes I can choose her for tomorrow (assuming we both live).
as far as what your referencing, I either missed something or this was all something in private.
Genny: I was redirected from April to Cray. So that’s how I know the idea of redirecting shorty’s kill is BS.
Me: just to be clear genny before I lose you, you want me to tell her the whole thing? that you blocked April N0 but it was redirected to cray? or do you want me to leave the April or block part out and just the redirect?
Genny: meh, i'm ambivalent. whatever.
[PM period ended]
Last edited:
I’m not mad. ###unvote ajs513, vote alley###How many times do we have to go over this? I’ve defended multiple people (and rightfully so), found the only wolf thus far, have been extremely credible aside from my one screw up trying to get genny to self prez (which she couldn’t because her phone was trapped in a gas station), have proven that I’m not this mastermind, and haven’t played nearly as calculated as a pack of wolves directing me would have. If you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at yourself for picking the wrong person every time, including right now.
It makes no sense to monitor ajs. Oh, and btw, way to pick-em also, 513.
You’ve voted for 7 villagers, in order:I’m not mad. ###unvote ajs513, vote alley###
It makes no sense to monitor ajs. Oh, and btw, way to pick-em also, 513.
Bob
Bread
April
Grebes
Sloth
Genny
Me
Aside from me, who you did unvote quickly, and Dubz, who was 100% proven to be a wolf, everyone you’ve voted for is dead and was found to be a villager. Having a track record that bad has to be on purpose.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*ahem*Now I’ll wait for what won’t be a defense, but an attack on me. Let’s wait together, everyone.
Who would you have chosen then? I had like 5 minutes to choose because I got the item PM right before night close and the mods wouldn’t tell me if the item was just motion detection or not. I was trying to figure out who was going to be killed.I’m not mad. ###unvote ajs513, vote alley###
It makes no sense to monitor ajs. Oh, and btw, way to pick-em also, 513.
I was a motion detector in the last game, so I know it’s kind of a useless item ability since it doesn’t give specifics on who acted on who.
Well it’s definitely a wolfy redirector because they’ve picked AJS multiple times now.
I wish genny would’ve been here to tell us the PM info earlier, that would’ve convinced me to unvote her
I wish genny would’ve been here to tell us the PM info earlier, that would’ve convinced me to unvote her
Dds voting genny, who is village, plus his track record of voting for only villagers minus the obvious unavoidable Dubz vote, is everything I need.
vote dds
if he’s a wolf, great. We found a wolf. If he’s not, at least he won’t be able to compare me to a concentration camp guard anymore. Win/win.
vote dds
if he’s a wolf, great. We found a wolf. If he’s not, at least he won’t be able to compare me to a concentration camp guard anymore. Win/win.
well I couldn't be 100% sure she was A: telling the truth and B: was villageWell it’s definitely a wolfy redirector because they’ve picked AJS multiple times now.
I wish genny would’ve been here to tell us the PM info earlier, that would’ve convinced me to unvote her
She has sketch point in my notes N1/D2 because I was asking genny why she (genny) unvoted D1 and didn't revote. Alley then kind of picked up that line of questioning and threw shade genny's way. I wanted to re-evaluate alley if/when genny flipped based on this, but like you said, she fell off my radar between having to defend myself and then rez'ing and pushing dubz. I went back to look for more kinds of this behavior (pushing other people's logic) and found a similar pattern with her reasoning on her grebes voteWhat about ally? She’s totally under the radar the entire game.
which she then waffled off of grebes anyway (NAI given that grebes was PR claiming)I’m not going to be on much today, as I’m very busy with packing and my goodbye party at work. I have ISOs to get through later tonight once I’m available.
I like Dubz’s logic on voting for Grebes since Mel was suspicious of her, in addition to my already discussed suspicions of her. Knowing that she is his manatee, I feel like Mel would have a better ability to read her. I think adding some pressure to see if she produces a better reads list is good as well.
Vote Grebes
The only self-generated wolfhunting I saw was her ISO'ing you (dds)
Overall sketched out by the above; however the worst part is
she voted sunshine thursday,
switched to vote dubz on friday AFTER the watcher reveal,
apparently felt strong enough to vote sunshine out of the gate but ended the day on genny, even after all the Cray PM stuff dredged up, while hedging that she didn't mind a sunshine vote.
Given that sunshine's been kind of in and out focus of discussion I could see this as a packmate trying to get some village cred by bussing but hopping on and off as the sunshine pressure waxed and waned.
Idk it seems to all come back to needing a sunshine flip for me to figure out my read on sporty and now alley
I mean, I get it, but could your track record be any better? LolDds voting genny, who is village, plus his track record of voting for only villagers minus the obvious unavoidable Dubz vote, is everything I need.
vote dds
if he’s a wolf, great. We found a wolf. If he’s not, at least he won’t be able to compare me to a concentration camp guard anymore. Win/win.
I’ve had the item, and it is clearly stated what it is and what it does. It’s a baby monitor. If the baby moves, kill it.Who would you have chosen then? I had like 5 minutes to choose because I got the item PM right before night close and the mods wouldn’t tell me if the item was just motion detection or not. I was trying to figure out who was going to be killed.
I was a motion detector in the last game, so I know it’s kind of a useless item ability since it doesn’t give specifics on who acted on who.
I moved off of you, bro.There are two situations I really want to happen, and I’d be equally happy with either:
1. Dds flips wolf
2. Wolves kill me, I flip village, and dds eats crow
The wolves have no need to kill you so either way they have the perfect alibi [if redirecting is able to be perpetuated serially - which I kind-of doubt, and if it’s deliberate where you land (vs. random)].
See where many doubts about your supposed ability are substantiated?
okay Mel even after the whole genny flip and our PM about her PR days ago you still really think I'm a wolf?She has sketch point in my notes N1/D2 because I was asking genny why she (genny) unvoted D1 and didn't revote. Alley then kind of picked up that line of questioning and threw shade genny's way. I wanted to re-evaluate alley if/when genny flipped based on this, but like you said, she fell off my radar between having to defend myself and then rez'ing and pushing dubz. I went back to look for more kinds of this behavior (pushing other people's logic) and found a similar pattern with her reasoning on her grebes vote
which she then waffled off of grebes anyway (NAI given that grebes was PR claiming)
The only self-generated wolfhunting I saw was her ISO'ing you (dds)
Overall sketched out by the above; however the worst part is
she voted sunshine thursday,
switched to vote dubz on friday AFTER the watcher reveal,
apparently felt strong enough to vote sunshine out of the gate but ended the day on genny, even after all the Cray PM stuff dredged up, while hedging that she didn't mind a sunshine vote.
Given that sunshine's been kind of in and out focus of discussion I could see this as a packmate trying to get some village cred by bussing but hopping on and off as the sunshine pressure waxed and waned.
Idk it seems to all come back to needing a sunshine flip for me to figure out my read on sporty and now alley
I haven’t gotten to that post of yours yet I was ISO’ing alley/chatting with family the last hour. I’ll assess that in the morningokay Mel even after the whole genny flip and our PM about her PR days ago you still really think I'm a wolf?
Where are you voting, Sunny?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same place I did like the last 2 daysWhere are you voting, Sunny?
VOTE ZENGE
Let’s not even forget ajs513 went off the Sunny vote with a really lame excuse when there was going to be an apparent tie. Why?!??? From my experience, both get lunched. Well, if you’re a wolf protecting another wolf, it suddenly makes a whole lot of sense.
Too many “rookie” mistakes…
Why?same place I did like the last 2 days
VOTE ZENGE
because wolfWhy?
###unvote ally, vote sunny###.
Like, Mel says, it’s the crucial flip.
Like, Mel says, it’s the crucial flip.
Right, for the wolves. To win.###unvote ally, vote sunny###.
Like, Mel says, it’s the crucial flip.
The write up says “choose wisely” so the village can’t afford to “flip me for info” because then the wolves will win.
It is now Day 6. 8 players remain. Vote closes 10 pm EDT. Choose wisely.
Nest
1. @sunshinefl
Burrow
8. @alleycat03
10. @ajs513
11. @Zenge142
12. @Melchizedek
13. @SportPonies
Den
17. @ddstothecor
18. @Viscernable
Grown Up
16. supershorty - Puppy
15. The_Breadmann - Cygnet
12. Melchizedek -Fawn
3. Bobloblaw78 - Dolphin Fetus
2. PhiloslothicalStudent - Eaglet
4. grebes4lyfe - Joey
9. Aprilthearab - Otter Pup
7. WildZoo - Cow
19. Crayola227 - Crocodile Hatchling
14. Animal Midwife - Coral Snake Egg
5. genny - Elephant Calf
6. Chaostrodon - Cria
Why? I understand you weren’t wolf reading genny, but why risk having the one person you should know is village die instead of or in addition to someone you were reading mixed?3. My deal was I was just going to let the tie ride and let fate decide
If this is true then I don’t see genny still having been alive up to yesterday if you were a wolf. I want to look back at her posts on you to see if her read of you is consistent with this (I wish she’d have been able to get on and clarify her read of you yesterday. Also just wish she didn’t have to deal with that misplaced phone bs because that situation suuuuucks), but unless it isn’t I don’t think this post is faked.this is the full transcript between genny and I day 3 PM:
Genny: Why did you do this? [When PM was established by mods]
Me: Because I wanted you to be my permanent PM partner at the beginning but then you were like don’t pick me I’m not awake at night. And my ability is I get an extra PM each day, one that can include day time.
I’m not a big PM person (in fact I can’t wait to rub it in Samac face when the game is over), but I figured might as well just open it even if we don’t use it because I have to select at night for the next day.
Genny: Is there anyone you won’t antagonize? I’m really sick of this mentality from you.
Genny: Like I really do think you’re village this game, and I’d love to work with you, but you sure make it more difficult than it needs to be.
Me: Teasing my friend (who isn’t in the game) about getting an ability she would love because I thoughtfully know what she likes is “making it difficult to work with me”?
Me: Like wtf Genny. You making that comment is crap and so hypocritical as you literally use it to ANTAGONIZE me.
Genny: Do you have a PM with cray?
Me: No
Me: Day 1 was zenge
Day 2 was no one (not sure if due to night cancel or I was too late getting my choice in)
Day 3 is you
WZ is my regular full game PM choice but I haven’t opened it yet
no one opened one with me
Genny: Ok, well I was hoping to get a message to Cray privately that the block on her N0 was due to redirection. So if you feel like opening one with her to tell her, I’d appreciate it. I feel like it might be coloring her view of the game if she thinks someone intentionally blocked her.
Me: Yes I can choose her for tomorrow (assuming we both live).
as far as what your referencing, I either missed something or this was all something in private.
Genny: I was redirected from April to Cray. So that’s how I know the idea of redirecting shorty’s kill is BS.
Me: just to be clear genny before I lose you, you want me to tell her the whole thing? that you blocked April N0 but it was redirected to cray? or do you want me to leave the April or block part out and just the redirect?
Genny: meh, i'm ambivalent. whatever.
[PM period ended]
I feel like both in your ajs and alley reads you’re getting too tripped up on “if I were a villager in this situation, would I make the same move?” and not considering whether a wolf in that situation would. Is it really more likely thatI’m not mad. ###unvote ajs513, vote alley###
It makes no sense to monitor ajs. Oh, and btw, way to pick-em also, 513.
A) a wolf would decide to monitor ajs (a target it wouldn’t make sense for a villager to want to motion detect and, whether he’s outed village watcher or deepwolf, wolves get no information from motion detecting) then announce that on thread, than
B) a villager would think an item was a watching item, use it to watch a likely wolf target, and then be disappointed that it was a motion detector item?
this is the full transcript between genny and I day 3 PM:
Genny: Why did you do this? [When PM was established by mods]
Me: Because I wanted you to be my permanent PM partner at the beginning but then you were like don’t pick me I’m not awake at night. And my ability is I get an extra PM each day, one that can include day time.
I’m not a big PM person (in fact I can’t wait to rub it in Samac face when the game is over), but I figured might as well just open it even if we don’t use it because I have to select at night for the next day.
Genny: Is there anyone you won’t antagonize? I’m really sick of this mentality from you.
Genny: Like I really do think you’re village this game, and I’d love to work with you, but you sure make it more difficult than it needs to be.
Me: Teasing my friend (who isn’t in the game) about getting an ability she would love because I thoughtfully know what she likes is “making it difficult to work with me”?
Me: Like wtf Genny. You making that comment is crap and so hypocritical as you literally use it to ANTAGONIZE me.
Genny: Do you have a PM with cray?
Me: No
Me: Day 1 was zenge
Day 2 was no one (not sure if due to night cancel or I was too late getting my choice in)
Day 3 is you
WZ is my regular full game PM choice but I haven’t opened it yet
no one opened one with me
Genny: Ok, well I was hoping to get a message to Cray privately that the block on her N0 was due to redirection. So if you feel like opening one with her to tell her, I’d appreciate it. I feel like it might be coloring her view of the game if she thinks someone intentionally blocked her.
Me: Yes I can choose her for tomorrow (assuming we both live).
as far as what your referencing, I either missed something or this was all something in private.
Genny: I was redirected from April to Cray. So that’s how I know the idea of redirecting shorty’s kill is BS.
Me: just to be clear genny before I lose you, you want me to tell her the whole thing? that you blocked April N0 but it was redirected to cray? or do you want me to leave the April or block part out and just the redirect?
Genny: meh, i'm ambivalent. whatever.
[PM period ended]
This doesn’t clear you as much as you think it does. Wolves can keep PR’s alive as long as the PR isn’t suspicious of to the pack. Hell, Genny and I have kept a protector alive and talked them into protecting us and our packmates. Why would you come out with this info now and not yesterday when everyone was settling on voting between you two? If you knew it was a V/V situation then, you could have probably saved both of you.okay Mel even after the whole genny flip and our PM about her PR days ago you still really think I'm a wolf?
sharing it after the fact and trying to claim village cred for letting her die is sketchy af
Vote Sunshine
vote Zenge
my gut says sunny is not a wolf and I can’t ignore it
my gut says sunny is not a wolf and I can’t ignore it
What game are you reading? I wasn’t prodded at all. I was being a slug on the couch all day who decided to get on the thread a few hours before close lolQuite possible. I like sporty, for sure. She was quiet all day and miraculously showed up when prodded. Sunny is too defensive at times, and it’s grating; if not downright wolfing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know it’s a possibility but I feel that wolf sunny would not keep village blocker genny alive while killing off vanillagers and less-dangerous PRs. Genny’s POE aside from who she was voting for at any given day was a total mystery to me even when I ISOed her and it seemed unpredictable who she would vote next, so I don’t fully buy the pack feeling secure in the assumption she wouldn’t target them.
@sunshinefl and @alleycat03 what are your feelings on dds?
I’m inclined to vote there today as an alternative. My POE is getting small enough.
I’m inclined to vote there today as an alternative. My POE is getting small enough.
It would be exceptionally rare for Mel to be rezzed wolf with a wolf convert already flipped.
ajs still being alive sketches me but I think we have reason enough to believe he’s villagey for now.
alley and sunny sound extremely village.
ajs still being alive sketches me but I think we have reason enough to believe he’s villagey for now.
alley and sunny sound extremely village.
POE leaves Visc, dds, and Zenge.
I think Visc has fallen lower on my concern list because her last few days of posting have sounded sincere. So let’s flip the other two.
I think Visc has fallen lower on my concern list because her last few days of posting have sounded sincere. So let’s flip the other two.
Grumble grumble. I wanted to believe I’d gotten a correct read on alley from early game. She felt village based on appearing more involved and less hedgey this game. Mel’s read of her posts is interesting, though. I might have been giving her a pass for “yep this makes sense and sounds genuine” without scrutinizing if was really original and productive. I have to look into her.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 101K