DREXEL DPMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A 9:00 decision would be a beautiful way to start the week! fingers crossed!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The Office Waiting GIF

So today happened lol. At this point hoping we hear back before Friday 6:00 pm. One more week!! We can do this!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I wanted to ask current DPMSers in this group how many of you guys matriculated into the the med school as first years? What are the statistics for this year's group?

Reactions: 1 users
I wanted to ask current DPMSers in this group how many of you guys matriculated into the the med school as first years? What are the statistics for this year's group?
It would be really nice knowing this before starting the program.

I heard it was 70-80%. For those who didn’t it was either because they couldn’t meet MCAT requirement or they had personal situations that distracted from school.

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend who just graduated from DPMS told me it was over 90%!!

Reactions: 5 users
As we continue to wait, how was everyone been so far? What are you all up to?

We were told that this classes matriculation rate was the highest in DPMS history, both as a percentage and as total number of students matriculated! I don't know the exact number (someone above said that they were told 90%, which sounds pretty close to me since before us was like 80+%)

Reactions: 6 users
I’ve been nervous but trying to find my peace and come to terms with accepting the process. It’s definitely given me some time to introspectively look at my day to day & make some necessary changes. I hope everyone is doing well.

Hi Everyone! Past DPMSer here and incoming M1 at the Reading Tower Health Campus. I remember incessantly lurking on here this time last year, so I definitely understand the anxiousness! Congratulations to those accepted, and to those who are still waiting, there is still hope! I am not one of the TAs, however you are in great hands with Peter, Jordan, Odette, and the others! I am happy to help answer any questions you may have. In case anyone is interested in the Reading campus, it is new to me as well! As the year goes on, I will get more information and will pass along my experience to DPMS folk. Sending good wishes your way for good outcomes!

I was definitely in a much worse place last week after not hearing back lol. I've been trying to keep busy otherwise and working shifts back to back. I've come to terms that this waiting game is a huge part of most things med school-related, just wish there was a little more formality in terms of structure and when we should realistically expect to hear back. On the other hand, I've been working on my med school app to try again this year just in case this doesn't work out. So it's been quite hectic trying to plan for that, knowing that I could be spending a crazy amount of time, effort + money, and this ends up working out one day before classes even start lmao. But at that point, it would all be worth it.

Also....the amount of DREAMS I've had about this whole thing is a little ridiculous lmaoooo

Reactions: 1 user
I feel you. It's hard but the week is almost over so hopefully we get good news very soon.

def not as obsessed w the thread and checking my portal every 3 seconds anymore. I drove myself crazy and tired myself out. i’ve also been picking up more shifts at the hospital so i’ve been extra busy. at this point, I just want to know if i’m in or not and move on

Last edited:
I was definitely in a much worse place last week after not hearing back lol. I've been trying to keep busy otherwise and working shifts back to back. I've come to terms that this waiting game is a huge part of most things med school-related, just wish there was a little more formality in terms of structure and when we should realistically expect to hear back. On the other hand, I've been working on my med school app to try again this year just in case this doesn't work out. So it's been quite hectic trying to plan for that, knowing that I could be spending a crazy amount of time, effort + money, and this ends up working out one day before classes even start lmao. But at that point, it would all be worth it.

Also....the amount of DREAMS I've had about this whole thing is a little ridiculous lmaoooo
this is so dumb but I dreamt that I got accepted last night and then woke up so disappointed 😵😵😵😵

this is so dumb but I dreamt that I got accepted last night and then woke up so disappointed 😵😵😵😵
lmao I DID TOO. Except in my dream, I got a call that I got in and later on they called me again to tell me it was a mistake. 😭😭😭😭😭😭

def not as obsessed w the thread and checking my portal every 3 seconds anymore. I drove myself crazy and tired myself out. i’ve also been picking up more shifts at the hospital so i’ve been extra busy. at this point, I just want to know if i’m in or not and move on
I get what you mean. It sucks because other people have heard while we have to keep checking everyday. I'm just trying to stay optimistic. I've never been to Philly, so I'm hoping this is my opportunity to change that.

lmao I DID TOO. Except in my dream, I got a call that I got in and later on they called me again to tell me it was a mistake. 😭😭😭😭😭😭
I took a nap today, and in my dream, I thought that I got in, but the admission lady came to me and made sure that I understood that I was rejected. I woke up feeling ashamed that she had to spell it out several times that I wasn't good enough😅.

What's going on with all the dreams on this thread. The acceptances need to go out before we go crazy 🤣🤣🤣

I took a nap today, and in my dream, I thought that I got in, but the admission lady came to me and made sure that I understood that I was rejected. I woke up feeling ashamed that she had to spell it out several times that I wasn't good enough😅.

What's going on with all the dreams on this thread. The acceptances need to go out before we go crazy 🤣🤣🤣
HAHA Omg I laughed out loud

• Haha
I just emailed Brian to ask for soft timeline for upcoming decision. Will keep you guys updated.

Reactions: 3 users
Brian was really nice and gave lots of info:
- second batch of students is going before the committee today for final decision
- after decisions, they’ll put everything together to create cohort & waitlist
- there’s a little time for processing that needs to happen, but we should hear back no later than Monday

I think that since they’re creating a waitlist, this might be the last wave. But my bf said that this might not be true, as they might’ve created a waitlist during first wave, too.

The decision is coming up so fast! Hope that this news doesn’t cause anyone anxiety. Keep yourselves busy and I’ll cross my fingers that we all get in 🥺.

Reactions: 7 users
- second batch of students is going before the committee today for final decision
- there’s a little time for processing that needs to happen, but we should hear back no later than Monday

I think that since they’re creating a waitlist, this might be the last wave. But my bf said that this might not be true, as they might’ve created a waitlist during first wave, too.

The decision is coming up so fast! Hope that this news doesn’t cause anyone anxiety. Keep yourselves busy and I’ll cross my fingers that we all get in 🥺.
I reread email and Brian mentioned they’re finishing up on their end. My eyes glazed over that. Looks like this is the final wave!

We were told that this classes matriculation rate was the highest in DPMS history, both as a percentage and as total number of students matriculated! I don't know the exact number (someone above said that they were told 90%, which sounds pretty close to me since before us was like 80+%)
Hi,

What campus will DPMS classes take place at?

anyone else shaking with anxiety?.... or just me?

Summer semester is online, fall in center city at the graduate school.
This! The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies is where DPMS usually takes their classes when in person (not like us last year, since we were all online). This is located in center city and is a different campus than the college of medicine (DUCOM), which is in Queen Lane (or as of this school year, in West Reading as well)! As far as I know, this won't be changing for you guys next year, but this is typically information that you'll receive during your orientation coming up soon!

Also, just a few words of comfort about DPMS. I know that the whole application/interviewing/waiting-for-the-program-to-start process is all very long and nerve-wracking and feels like you're waiting a long time to hear answers about what to expect and it may feel disorganized. While I don't know the behind the scenes process and I won't speak on it, I can say that once DPMS starts, it's a VERY organized, hands-on process and you'll receive so much information and about what to do, where to live, who to live with, and just about everything you're worried about right now. I remember feeling lost and confused and unsure about what to expect for this program since this is a life-changing event, but really you'll receive so much information about how to even breath correctly. This program is filled with people working really hard to make sure everyone succeeds and you'll feel it as soon as it starts! For now, just trust the process :)

It's almost 5 PM. You think we are going to have to wait until Monday?

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Like what are you gonna do Monday morning that you can't do now?! PLS just let us live our lives.

so if I get in on monday i’m supposed to quit my job and move in the span of 2 weeks… or quit my job anyway and travel while working and doing dpms to find a place to live and move in between the summer and fall sem (a week)???? lol ok. im so upset.

so if I get in on monday i’m supposed to quit my job and move in the span of 2 weeks… or quit my job anyway and travel while working and doing dpms to find a place to live and move in between the summer and fall sem (a week)???? lol ok. im so upset.
Yeah, that has been something I have been thinking about. I would like to be in Philly for the summer session in case others are there and we could start forming study groups. Waiting is hard but hopefully it will be worth it.

Yeah, that has been something I have been thinking about. I would like to be in Philly for the summer session in case others are there and we could start forming study groups. Waiting is hard but hopefully it will be worth it.

I would love to also but I can’t leave my job till July 31. That’s another thing, I accepted this Job in March… I cannot afford to not work for the rest of the summer unfortunately so i’m scared that it’ll mess me up. a lot of things have been stressing me out. I just want to know if i’m in or not so I can carry on and figure things out.

Wow I’m in the same boat! Very frustrating!