DREXEL DPMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would love to also but I can’t leave my job till July 31. That’s another thing, I accepted this Job in March… I cannot afford to not work for the rest of the summer unfortunately so i’m scared that it’ll mess me up. a lot of things have been stressing me out. I just want to know if i’m in or not so I can carry on and figure things out.
Me too. I'm broke rn and hoping that if I get in, they can give cost of living loans as soon as I would enroll so I can have a place to live. :-/ thats if I even get in 🥴

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Dude same here. like can I please have some time to put in my 2 week notice?

Does anyone know if we get drug tested when we get in? Asking for a friend

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we get drug tested when we get in? Asking for a friend
I don't know about Drexel, but I believe most medical schools require a TB test and drug test prior to starting, and then random tests if deemed appropriate. if your "friend" truly wants to be a doctor then they need to commit to the value and ethics that come with the career, which means no drugs.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know about Drexel, but I believe most medical schools require a TB test and drug test prior to starting, and then random tests if deemed appropriate. if your "friend" truly wants to be a doctor then they need to commit to the value and ethics that come with the career, which means no drugs.
Considering that you don't know anything about my friend and the context behind the question - I would work on maybe not being so quick to judge. You don't know if I was asking about medicinal or recreational use. Didn't realize we were gonna pull the good ole "Ethics" card so quickly.

=
Considering that you don't know anything about my friend and the context behind the question - I would work on maybe not being so quick to judge. You don't know if I was asking about medicinal or recreational use. Didn't realize we were gonna pull the good ole "Ethics" card so quickly.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I was not trying to be judgemental.

this has literally ruined my weekend - the stress is killing me.

does anyone know if they sent out the decisions for the earlier interviewers? i interviewed may 10th and i’m trying to figure out if those decisions were already sent out or if there’s still hope, lol

this has literally ruined my weekend - the stress is killing me.

does anyone know if they sent out the decisions for the earlier interviewers? i interviewed may 10th and i’m trying to figure out if those decisions were already sent out or if there’s still hope, lol
From what people were saying in the forum, your interview date didn't correspond to when you got informed of acceptance. I was on the 11th and I'm still waiting.

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

Just got accepted, guys. Portal hasn't changed but all the interview information went away. I was informed via email at around 10:20 from Steven Rodgers. Hope this information is helpful!

Reactions: 9 users
Also got the A email. I think I’m in shock? Who sends an acceptance email at 10am on a SUNDAY???

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED OMG!! Can’t wait to meet y’all!! Super surprised it went out on Sunday as well.

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

Just got accepted, guys. Portal hasn't changed but all the interview information went away. I was informed via email at around 10:20 from Steven Rodgers. Hope this information is helpful!
Wow Congratulations

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I interviewed on May 11th and received an acceptance this morning. I’ll have to reject the offer because I was offered a seat at an MD school. But I’m heartbroken because I was really in love with the administration and the connections Drexel Med has. I’m having second thoughts but it’s too late now, I’ve already committed to medical school.
Goodluck to you all!

I interviewed May 6 and just received my acceptance this morning! Can’t wait to meet all of you wonderful people and embark on this journey together!

Reactions: 5 users
I haven’t heard anything and it’s making me nervous 🥺

I haven’t heard anything and it’s making me nervous 🥺
Wait omg 🥺🥺 I'm so sorry 🥺🥺. If you didn't hear back, I think you're on the waitlist and it seems like there are multiple people who are dropping DPMS bc they got into med school so don't lose all hope. Rooting for you 🥺🥺

I don't want to be a downer right now since i'm still waiting so congratulations to everyone that got an acceptance

Omg, I got accepted. I don't know how but wow. Guess casper didn't mean much. Congrats to everyone. Omg i am going to go to sleep

Reactions: 7 users
I got accepted also! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
Also, my acceptance was in the promotions section of my Google account, if that helps anyone :)

Mine was at 10:30 (time zones could also change the time frame. Someone else received theirs at 11:34) if that helps anyone. So it looks like they didn't send it all at once. So you never know. I honestly gave up and somehow got accepted. Don't lose hope. Also the waitlist and people getting accepted into other programs makes it highly possible people do come off the waitlist

Mine was at 10:30 (time zones could also change the time frame. Someone else received theirs at 11:34) if that helps anyone. So it looks like they didn't send it all at once. So you never know. I honestly gave up and somehow got accepted. Don't lose hope. Also the waitlist and people getting accepted into other programs makes it highly possible people do come off the waitlist
Thank you

Thank you all the support while the rest of us wait. So happy for everyone that has been accepted!! 🎉❤️

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone accepted! I'm still waiting to hear ahhhh

Hi Everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster lol

I just wanted to introduce myself and congratulate everyone that's also gotten into this program! I am still freaking out and none of this feels truly real. Considering that classes are starting in TWO WEEKS and they're going to be virtual, I wanted to go ahead and make a GroupMe so that we could get a headstart on introductions, potentially finding roommates and places to live, start study groups, rant, etc.

This isn't necessarily an official group that was started by any admins or TAs, but I just wanted to start one because I'm excited about the move to Philly and want to get to know everyone! There's zero pressure to join, but I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you :)

Here's the link:
Click here to join: GroupMe

AOh14GikCAJb5k_9Ngz3TG_-g8rll7BVtXYej8VzBhNl=s40
ReplyForward

Reactions: 11 users
Received my acceptance this morning at 10:30 am. I am in disbelief and words cannot describe how happy I am for this opportunity!!!! My life literally just changed. Can't wait to meet all you wonderful people!!!! 🥰

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Received my acceptance this morning at 10:30 am. I am in disbelief and words cannot describe how happy I am for this opportunity!!!! My life literally just changed. Can't wait to meet all you wonderful people!!!! 🥰
CONGRATTSSSSSS!!!!!🎉

Congratulations!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

CONGRATS!! Haha I remember seeing all of your posts and going through it with you. Look now! All your prayers have been answered and it was worth the wait and rants haha

So I took a break from constantly checking the forum to go out and nothing has changed. My portal has not updated and I wanted to ask if anyone else was still waiting.

So I took a break from constantly checking the forum to go out and nothing has changed. My portal has not updated and I wanted to ask if anyone else was still waiting.
I haven’t checked my portal in a while but I’m still waiting.

I haven’t checked my portal in a while but I’m still waiting.
I am also still waiting, feeling really defeated, but I am so happy for everyone who has been accepted. It’s such an incredible opportunity and you should all be so proud!

Reactions: 2 users
I am also still waiting, feeling really defeated, but I am so happy for everyone who has been accepted. It’s such an incredible opportunity and you should all be so proud!
For the rest of us, I hope we hear something tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the waitlist email so we shall see what happens!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the waitlist email as well

Reactions: 4 users