For KCOM Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkeyguts

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could you explain what the osteopathic case study demonstration entails during the interview at KCOM? I'm a little curious, Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Here's what happened in my interview:

Two students, both MS2s, gave the demonstration. One played the role of patient, the other doc. They talked about a possible scenario and then the "doc" student performed OMM on the "patient" student and explained why and how he did each manipulation. You sit around and stare and if you have any questions, you ask them. It's not interactive- you don't get to "do" OMM.
My demonstration lasted about 15 mins.

Dr_sax

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank You, I appreciate it.

My experience was similar to Dr_Sax, but there was more interaction. The MS2s asked questions before the demonstration. The questions were for the purpose of initiating discussion, not to 'grill' the applicants, so don't worry there. The demonstration was just one of the excellent things about the KCOM interview day. I'm very happy I decided to attend KCOM and look forward to starting my second year here.

Best of luck to you interview applicants!