2021-2022 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary received. OOS. Verified AACOMAS 5/13/21

Essays: (all are 500 words)
What particular qualities do you feel you can bring to KCOM?
What specific experience/exposure have you had with osteopathic medicine? How has this influenced your decision to become an osteopathic physician?
Please list any changes or updates to your AACOMAS application. This section may be left blank if your AACOMAS application is complete and accurate

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think it's okay to copy and paste my AACOMAS descriptions into my clinical experience descriptions?

Is anyone else's portal not showing their LORs/test scores being in, even though they've been received by AACOMAS and are in for other schools?

How'd you find SAT score from 2013 ? It is asked in the secondary.

How'd you find SAT score from 2013 ? It is asked in the secondary.
From last year's thread: “If you cannot access your SAT scores, you can mark the not applicable box and put in the reason why you are not entering a score. In regards to the clinical section of the KCOM secondary application, you can copy/paste from your AACOMAS application.” You don't have to.

For the status in their portal, does anyone have a "completed" date for the last row "Application completed"? I only see a green check mark for that row.

For the status in their portal, does anyone have a "completed" date for the last row "Application completed"? I only see a green check mark for that row.
I only see a green check mark for that row as well

Reactions: 1 user
I took MCAT June 30. They put me on hold pending MCAT.

Just received an II. IS, app completed 7/13

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So are they only giving ii now to instate applicants at the moment and then later to out of state?

No wait, I'm sorry. I just meant I got sent the secondary essays. I'm still learning all the shortcuts and everything.

You're okay, I figured that was the case :) II on this site typically always means interview invitation! 2' usually denotes a secondary.

Congrats to those with II!! Stats for those if I may ask?

Hey all,

On the Section about Clinical Experience, can I list the total hours including the projected hours between the start date and end date for "Hours Completed"? (basically can I put the same amount of hours I put on the AACOMAS app?)

On this section, I have just copied and pasted the titles, descriptions, and tried to make it the same as AACOMAS.

Let me know if I can include projected hours on the secondary.

Another question,

For the "Test Scores" section what SAT score do I put if I took it three times? (my highest was my second attempt: 1380) (My third attempt was lower 1350). Also, do we have to pay on college board to get the SAT score officially sent to ATSU Kirksville?

Just got marked complete!

Another question,

For the "Test Scores" section what SAT score do I put if I took it three times? (my highest was my second attempt: 1380) (My third attempt was lower 1350). Also, do we have to pay on college board to get the SAT score officially sent to ATSU Kirksville?
SAT/ACT scores are not necessary to complete the app. If you enter a score, then put down your highest score. You can put N/A and indicate why.

been complete since july 13 and silence. I hate the waitng (also OOS)

I have 6 strong letters of recs but KCOM only wants 2. Will they still read the others?

are they all together as a letter packet/committee letter? I had 7 individual letters combined into a committee letter and haven't had any problems regardless of what a school's maximum is.
No they're individual. I called them and they say to list the science and physician letter, they will still read any additional letters you send.