Game Night WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There's an awful lot of drinks being offered today.

Members don't see this ad.

There's an awful lot of drinks being offered today.

How do you figure? I was offered a drink N1 (N1 results so yesterday morning) and drank it yesterday, received results that I was poisoned this morning.

You, presumably, were offered a drink N2.

That's one drink yesterday and one today. Where are you seeing an awful lot?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How do you figure? I was offered a drink N1 (N1 results so yesterday morning) and drank it yesterday, received results that I was poisoned this morning.

Poisoned drinks offered everynight (so far) isn't an awful lot to you?

I also got offered a drink. Pip/ I got offered a nice choco milkshake earlier today. We were asked if we wanted to drink it. Between the whole getting subbed in thing none of us got a chance to drink it. Just noticed it actually.
So there's been a drink over the night cycle and the day cycle? Was anyone else offered drinks at any time?

EDIT: Posted too late, question's answered now lol

So this is actually a more important thing, Finn when were you offered the drink? The start of night 1?

But your drink didn't have a description?

Poisoned drinks offered everynight (so far) isn't an awful lot to you?

You said "today".

But tbh no, poisoned drinks offered every night doesn't seem like a lot when a.) there was a mechanism in place to cure people who had been poisoned and b.) that kind of roles loses a lot of it's utility the minute someone drinks it and says "hey, I was poisoned" so it seems unnecessary to add extra restrictions to that.

Also, while I do not recommend testing it, we don't actually know your drink is poisoned.

D3 official Lynch tally
finn (1) - MsP
SOV (1) - AM,
allie (4) - dubs, SOV, dolph, dina
Nav (4) - sporty, barks, cubs, kata
barks (1) - miz

voting: 11/17
@allieh8607 and @Navilly are in the lead

missing: dmvd, skim, allie, finn, nav, genny
deadline: 45 min

You said "today".

But tbh no, poisoned drinks offered every night doesn't seem like a lot when a.) there was a mechanism in place to cure people who had been poisoned and b.) that kind of roles loses a lot of it's utility the minute someone drinks it and says "hey, I was poisoned" so it seems unnecessary to add extra restrictions to that.

Also, while I do not recommend testing it, we don't actually know your drink is poisoned.
My mistake, I just skimmed through the whole thread. I didn't focus much on the time things were posted. I thought you got offered poison today.

Members don't see this ad :)
N1 results. Which would have been 6:36 yesterday morning and start of whatever day that was.

Interesting so realistically more the results of a night action than anything else, or in theory these drinks should’ve been available for night 1. So, you submitted the action and it went through that night?

Agreed with Finn on the first sentiment of not drinking that drink MsP

Reactions: 1 user
While allieh is a place I could go And have her on low wolf reads, I am nervous about the vote that formed on her. I am not sure if people are actually around to discuss this now, or we are going to play last 10 minute “waffle” fest as per usual?

Interesting so realistically more the results of a night action than anything else, or in theory these drinks should’ve been available for night 1. So, you submitted the action and it went through that night?

Agreed with Finn on the first sentiment of not drinking that drink MsP

I'm not actually sure exactly what you're asking so I'm just gonna give you the full timeline:

I was offered the drink in my N1 results (yesterday morning).

They didn't tell me what the deadline was for deciding to drink it. I didn't ask because it didn't matter anyways because I didn't plan on hanging around after lynch close. So I submitted my decision to drink it sometime before lynch close yesterday.

Received results that I was poisoned this morning (N2 results).

While allieh is a place I could go And have her on low wolf reads, I am nervous about the vote that formed on her. I am not sure if people are actually around to discuss this now, or we are going to play last 10 minute “waffle” fest as per usual?
You're playing that regardless with >30% of the roster not voting at this point.

I'm not actually sure exactly what you're asking so I'm just gonna give you the full timeline:

I was offered the drink in my N1 results (yesterday morning).

They didn't tell me what the deadline was for deciding to drink it. I didn't ask because it didn't matter anyways because I didn't plan on hanging around after lynch close. So I submitted my decision to drink it sometime before lynch close yesterday.

Received results that I was poisoned this morning (N2 results).

Gotcha, so it went through as a night action. Did they mention that it was the drink that caused the poison? Obviously it’s the most likely scenario, but if we can remove some question marks on that, that could be ideal.

Has anyone claimed genny coming back from the dead? If you have another revive obviously don’t say it’s you, but if that was your one and only revive, would be great for you to reveal you did so, to hard clear genny and soft clear yourself (yes could be a ballsy wolf move to claim it, but puts a bowling pin scenario if anyone was to seer the person claiming the revive)
This is a good way for wolves to narrow down PRs.

I think it's interesting that we possibly have two different delay-kill mechanisms, assuming that every drink out there is a 'bad' drink. On top of the normal NK mechanism, since there was a kill last night on top of the drink.

Gotcha, so it went through as a night action. Did they mention that it was the drink that caused the poison? Obviously it’s the most likely scenario, but if we can remove some question marks on that, that could be ideal.

They said "You drank the drink. You are poisoned."

So... while they didn't directly say "The drink poisoned you" I think we can make a safe assumption here.

I mean, I'm checking in periodically but night time zoo tour is more fun atm. Are you going to defend against the vote that's formed against you or just planning to let it ride?

This is a good way for wolves to narrow down PRs.

I am going to disagree on this for reasons based on what I know of this game’s design. I feel it may be better for that particular role to reveal, assuming they don’t have another revive.

(Ie a Trilt scenario from my game where it never got claimed because Trilt was a wolf). My point is that it doesn’t limit the people down much, there may be JOAT roles in this game so it doesn’t exclude the power role continuing there, and other stuff. But, I am starting to accumulate a lot of people in strong village, or st least village lean columns for one reason or another. The field in my head is narrowing, so if I can narrow it further than awesome.

...what about the vote on you? I haven’t seen a real reason except you aren’t playing the same as last game. Also you could vote?

I mean, I'm checking in periodically but night time zoo tour is more fun atm. Are you going to defend against the vote that's formed against you or just planning to let it ride?

My way of defending is continuing wolf hunting. Role doesn’t matter for the purpose of this, roles can go either way for the majority, and if it couldn’t go either way, then it’s probably something I am not going to reveal on the thread in the hopes to not negate the power of that role.

And that’s what I am doing. Game solving, wolf hunting, etc. If there are any questions you or others have I am happy to answer them, but my posts are my “defense”

...what about the vote on you? I haven’t seen a real reason except you aren’t playing the same as last game. Also you could vote?

I already brought up my comment to this. It’s a mental block I need to get over, but given the fact that I am looking strongly at Barkley, I am mostly over it.

And I feel like it’s mostly clear I was heading towards Barkley but...

********lynch Barkley*********

I am going to disagree on this for reasons based on what I know of this game’s design. I feel it may be better for that particular role to reveal, assuming they don’t have another revive.

(Ie a Trilt scenario from my game where it never got claimed because Trilt was a wolf). My point is that it doesn’t limit the people down much, there may be JOAT roles in this game so it doesn’t exclude the power role continuing there, and other stuff. But, I am starting to accumulate a lot of people in strong village, or st least village lean columns for one reason or another. The field in my head is narrowing, so if I can narrow it further than awesome.
You disagree that it's a good way for wolves to narrow down PRs, then go on to explain how you would use the info to narrow your wolf list by excluding that person as village. Okey dokey smokey. There's no way wolves would ever use that info to PR hunt. Aren't you a better player than this?

I'm leaving pips vote on Finn. She knew she was gonna get a sub but still placed her vote on them before she left. There could be no point in trying to lynch them if they are going to die from poisoning like they said. Being poisoned still doesn't make them village. Genny was attacked and Finn drank something. We could always lynch Finn when they don't die but they could also get magically cured. They could also be lying in the first place.
You’re leaving your vote on Finn but also think it may be pointless to lynch her?

D3 official Lynch tally
finn (1) - MsP
SOV (1) - AM,
barks (2) - miz, nav
sporty (1) - genny

voting: 13/17
allie and nav are in the lead

missing: dmvd, skim, allie, finn
deadline: 20 min

My way of defending is continuing wolf hunting. Role doesn’t matter for the purpose of this, roles can go either way for the majority, and if it couldn’t go either way, then it’s probably something I am not going to reveal on the thread in the hopes to not negate the power of that role.

And that’s what I am doing. Game solving, wolf hunting, etc. If there are any questions you or others have I am happy to answer them, but my posts are my “defense”
If I had questions for you I would ask ;) I don't personally like the vote on you because it seems like much of the same stuff that was said last game

...so this tie is just gonna exist I suppose. I’d really like to move to Sporty or maybe Barks (although I kinda can’t bring myself to) but also don’t want to really secure Nav’s lynch if no one else is gonna vote..

Fun times, fun times.

My point wasn't to necessarily vote for her, my point was to get an explanation as to why everyone else was just "shrug, sure whatever you say Finn."
I just don't really think it's likely that Finn randomly made up being poisoned at this point. I mean, maybe it's her own ability and she's claiming it for that cred, totally possible, so I'm not going to tell people not to vote there if that's where their strongest feels are, but I can understand letting that situation play out.

...so this tie is just gonna exist I suppose. I’d really like to move to Sporty or maybe Barks (although I kinda can’t bring myself to) but also don’t want to really secure Nav’s lynch if no one else is gonna vote..

Fun times, fun times.
Why sporty or barks?

Also, to the general thread what is with people waiting forever to lynch this game? Y'all know we don't have majority lynches here and contingencies are a thing, right?

Why sporty or barks?

Also, to the general thread what is with people waiting forever to lynch this game? Y'all know we don't have majority lynches here and contingencies are a thing, right?
I’ve already noted what I felt about Sporty earlier but she hasn’t been back on. And Barks is more gut feeling based on posts like when I asked about Nav and got a snarkier response instead of a real reason. I also feel like the Nav votes are lazy and also don’t like cubs for doing that either but don’t have the same issue with his posts.

My reads list in case I die: (shaking it up and going villager first this time and in order within colors)

Mizchiefmanaged - have stated reasons on thread already
MsP/Pippy - Have stated reasons on thread already
Dolphin - would be quite surprised if they are a wolf for reasons.

Genny - Unless they never get claimed/rezzer never ends up dead
Katashark - May be overinterpreting something from the thread, but if I am not then they are here. If I misinterpreted, they are neutral, close to wolf read.

Cubsrule4e - I need to go back and see if they wanted to be mayor or seemed to be against the vote that formed on themselves. If they wanted it, change the color to green, if not, move them to orange
Startingovervet - very neutral, has barely said much, would love to hear more than 1 post when they have time to contribute
Dinashadow - A lot of things have set off sketch feels, looked back to my game to read through, and I got the same feelings, even though I knew they were village. Long story short, I am having difficulty reading, so true neutral for me.
Skimble - Contributing.... Almost nothing? Need more from them
DVMDream - Good, sound logic, something still just is rubbing me some way, maybe not the wrong way, I don't know, maybe this is the DVMDream effect Pippy was referring to
Wildzoo - Slight wolf lean at this point, I have said the reasons why on here already.
Finnickthedog - Would be higher up on my wolf reads, but they are more in don't care going to die territory right now. So.... more curious how they will eventually flip
Allieh - Would be higher on my wolf reads if vote didn't turn out how it has been....

Animal Midwife - Something is rubbing me the wrong way, its completely gut and feels, but I am not a fan of it
Sportponies - This has to do with purely wildzoo bringing her up, and seems to know herdecently well/read her well. Even if Wildzoo was a wolf, I would almost want to look at sportponies more.
Barkley - Where my vote is currently

Can someone break the tie? I'd rather not be a tie maker

My vote is still not self prezing, I still want to see if there are other candidates people are willing to discuss in the last 4 minutes since apparently that's when everyone decides its ideal to return to the thread :rolleyes:. If not, I will self prez

D3 official Lynch tally
finn (1) - MsP
SOV (1) - AM,
barks (2) - miz, nav
sporty (2) - genny, finn

voting: 13/17
allie and nav are in the lead

missing: @DVMDream @Skimble @allieh8607
deadline: 4 min