Game Night WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is something that, I agree with you, isn't easy, short of role revealing which I don't necessarily like unless it will save us an incredibly important role. Again, not a favorite thing I like, but better than losing a good role.

A reads list can help, but not necessarily. I have found that many with long, thought out reads lists are actually wolves blowing smoke to make it seem like they are engaged and trying to find villagers. I prefer to not see long reads lists but rather short "these are my suspects" list but also an active effort of engaging those who you find suspicious.

Here’s my issue with role reveals, especially for certain roles (protectors/affiliation seers). They are dead the moment they say it. Either they will be killed soon, or they will be converted real soon. In any event, it’s in the village interest for power roles to get out of the Lynch without revealing. And many many times it can be done. If it’s a one sided wagon and a close deadline, then I get it. But on close votes, nope, highly discourage it.

And I mean that’s fair, but it’s a style of play that people employ (very frequently on other forums, maybe a bit less here). If I was village or wolf, that’s how I defend the lynch. But I understand preconceptions shading your perception.

Members don't see this ad.

Here’s my issue with role reveals, especially for certain roles (protectors/affiliation seers). They are dead the moment they say it. Either they will be killed soon, or they will be converted real soon. In any event, it’s in the village interest for power roles to get out of the Lynch without revealing. And many many times it can be done. If it’s a one sided wagon and a close deadline, then I get it. But on close votes, nope, highly discourage it.

And I mean that’s fair, but it’s a style of play that people employ (very frequently on other forums, maybe a bit less here). If I was village or wolf, that’s how I defend the lynch. But I understand preconceptions shading your perception.

I don't at all disagree with you. And I do more so mean that when there is no other option then, sure, reveal.

But when I see a tie and one player really doesn't offer much to convince me they are village at least in that moment, I dunno, don't have a reason to not vote for them the next day, except for the fact there are others I find more sketchy.... ** COUGH WZ COUGH***

Members don't see this ad :)
GORRAM IT!!!! I want to be blue (or purlple)!!! :rage::rage::rage:

Meh, I don't really think I "dwelled" on the Finn issue..... I asked a fair question, got push back from AM and had to answer AM's questions (ones she should have easily been able to answer herself). Then Finn explained what happened further and the issue was dropped. Don't consider that dwelling.

I explained why I didn't vote---- was actively talking to my mom about what we were going to do for her Mother's Day present, since I am off work and free to take her somewhere this week. Not even sorryz about that.
Eh just seemed to me like it went on a while. Might not even have been that long in real time but felt like it dominated the discussion for the latter part of the day, when there could have been more discussion about who you suspected, or you could have voted earlier.

I don't at all disagree with you. And I do more so mean that when there is no other option then, sure, reveal.

But when I see a tie and one player really doesn't offer much to convince me they are village at least in that moment, I dunno, don't have a reason to not vote for them the next day, except for the fact there are others I find more sketchy.... ** COUGH WZ COUGH***
You're just mad I won't put you in purple

Why? Neutral is a good place to be anyway.

Some may say it’s the safest place to be.

With respect to AM. It’s... something is not the same to how they acted in the most recent games. And it feels like they felt in gladiators, when I was dead wrong on them. I want to do a post comparison between the two games, but will be honest that I likely won’t have time to do it tn, and will be iffy if I have time to isolate it tomorrow.

But if you are normally correct on village AM, I can let it go for a little bit, as I am usually bad at reading her.

This list is basically if you are cubs or have talked a decent amount you are wolf....

Vs if you are revived genny or haven't said much you are village....

:laugh:
Uhh...you may want to reevaluate that lol in what universe have dina, finny, or sobsob provided content? And I know miz hasn't talked much, that was 100% a tone read, but dolphin has talked a lot and so did pip before she subbed out.

Eh just seemed to me like it went on a while. Might not even have been that long in real time but felt like it dominated the discussion for the latter part of the day, when there could have been more discussion about who you suspected, or you could have voted earlier.

I mean it did carry into a discussion on poisonous drinks being offered when and on what nights and stuff because there was some confusion there. But I didn't start or participate in that discussion because it was over by the time I got back on to see it.... :shrug:

Some may say it’s the safest place to be.

With respect to AM. It’s... something is not the same to how they acted in the most recent games. And it feels like they felt in gladiators, when I was dead wrong on them. I want to do a post comparison between the two games, but will be honest that I likely won’t have time to do it tn, and will be iffy if I have time to isolate it tomorrow.

But if you are normally correct on village AM, I can let it go for a little bit, as I am usually bad at reading her.
This is giving me paranoia/Mattress (you weren't there for that but AM will know what I'm talking about) flashbacks and I don't like it. If it turns out AM is a wolf I'm incinerating my reading card for good.

Uhh...you may want to reevaluate that lol in what universe have dina, finny, or sobsob provided content? And I know miz hasn't talked much, that was 100% a tone read, but dolphin has talked a lot and so did pip before she subbed out.

Meh it is mostly that way with a few outliers in each section.

Members don't see this ad :)
Meh it is mostly that way with a few outliers in each section.
Who in my wolf reads has talked a decent amount?

In case it is confusing, red = wolf, orange = slight wolf lean, yellow = neutral, teal = slight village lean, green = village

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
For the record, the interactions between dubz and DVMD feel w/v, but I would rather keep people in the game that are actually contributing conversation and adding more data points, so it’s something to think about later.

Edit: no particular side for the w vs the v

Who in my wolf reads has talked a decent amount?

In case it is confusing, red = wolf, orange = slight wolf lean, yellow = neutral, teal = slight village lean, green = village

Yes, I am aware of the color scheme.... Seriously? You know I know the color scheme.... don't need to be that way.

Finn this last round talked a bit especially there at the end
Dina was posting fairly frequently tonight----saw her name a number of times
Myself
Nav--- yeah he is neutral

I just feel like the main people I saw posting over the course of the night are all yellow, orange or red in your list. While those I don't recall seeing much from tonight are all in the green territory.... .... Just the pattern I noticed.

Also going to throw this out there so others who know Barkley better can weigh in.

Is Barkley an emotional player? And let me be clear, I don’t mean this in a bad way. Miz is an emotional player, and I like them as a player. Pippy can be an emotional player and I like them as a player.

The reason I ask is I was surprised how my vote for barkey was responded to earlier and I may have misjudged their play. Or they are generally an emotional player, which would have them at even more of a wolf lean at the moment. But I am a fallible person, and realize I too can maybe occasionally make errors (I am not that full of myself this is sarcasm). In all seriousness, with how pissed they were/likely still are at me, does their response seem... like how they would handle it if village?

As many times as Barks has been mislynched/killed early, I've never seen it emotionally affect her play.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, I am aware of the color scheme.... Seriously? You know I know the color scheme.... don't need to be that way.

Finn this last round talked a bit especially there at the end
Dina was posting fairly frequently tonight----saw her name a number of times
Myself
Nav--- yeah he is neutral

I just feel like the main people I saw posting over the course of the night are all yellow, orange or red in your list. While those I don't recall seeing much from tonight are all in the green territory.... .... Just the pattern I noticed.
I was just making sure there wasn't miscommunication since I don't see what you are seeing.

Cubs - 17
Dina - 15
finny - 26

Sobsob - 3
DVMD - 40+
sporty - 10

Nav - 80+
Barks - 15

Pip/MsP - 80+
kata - 21
Dolphin -40+

AM - 40+
genny - 25
Miz - 24

I was just making sure there wasn't miscommunication since I don't see what you are seeing.

Cubs - 17
Dina - 15
finny - 26

Sobsob - 3
DVMD - 40+
sporty - 10

Nav - 80+
Barks - 15

Pip/MsP - 80+
kata - 21
Dolphin -40+

AM - 40+
genny - 25
Miz - 24
Geeze did I really make over 40 posts? The thread still felt dead even with that.

Cubs - 17
Dina - 15
finny - 26

Sobsob - 3
DVMD - 40+
sporty - 10

Nav - 80+
Barks - 15

Pip/MsP - 80+
kata - 21
Dolphin -40+

AM - 40+
genny - 25
Miz - 24

Wait I have over 80+ posts? Who said my head wasn’t in this game again? Lol...

Also going to throw this out there so others who know Barkley better can weigh in.

Is Barkley an emotional player? And let me be clear, I don’t mean this in a bad way. Miz is an emotional player, and I like them as a player. Pippy can be an emotional player and I like them as a player.

The reason I ask is I was surprised how my vote for barkey was responded to earlier and I may have misjudged their play. Or they are generally an emotional player, which would have them at even more of a wolf lean at the moment. But I am a fallible person, and realize I too can maybe occasionally make errors (I am not that full of myself this is sarcasm). In all seriousness, with how pissed they were/likely still are at me, does their response seem... like how they would handle it if village?
Agree with AM, I wouldn't expect barks to respond to a vote like that the way, say, pippy or I would. Would be weird if she did.

Geeze did I really make over 40 posts? The thread still felt dead even with that.
You've actually made almost 70. You were my test case for how many posts it lists per page since it doesn't show the number at the bottom when you ISO anymore (annoying).

Cubs - 17
Dina - 15
finny - 26

Sobsob - 3
DVMD - 40+
sporty - 10

Nav - 80+
Barks - 15

Pip/MsP - 80+
kata - 21
Dolphin -40+

AM - 40+
genny - 25
Miz - 24

Guess I'd rather see a break down from just this past day since that is what I was basing my statement on.

I know MsP hasn't posted much at all.... pippy did yesterday, but, again, I was talking about today's postings.

Then I could just be hallucinating since I was trying to post while cleaning, then showering, then talking to my mom.

Guess I'd rather see a break down from just this past day since that is what I was basing my statement on.

I know MsP hasn't posted much at all.... pippy did yesterday, but, again, I was talking about today's postings.

Then I could just be hallucinating since I was trying to post while cleaning, then showering, then talking to my mom.

Oh add in having a bit of an OCD break down while posting too---- heard a noise so had to check things in the house 33213423421 times to be sure no creeps were present. So, yeah, I was just recalling those I saw while skimming and posting and doing 234234 other things.... :laugh:

Well I'm not basing my reads just on posts from the last hour of today so I don't really see how that is relevant :shrug:
MsP posted 13 times today which is not too shabby considering some people have barely posted that much in 3 days

Well I'm not basing my reads just on posts from the last hour of today so I don't really see how that is relevant :shrug:
MsP posted 13 times today which is not too shabby considering some people have barely posted that much in 3 days

Honestly..... my post stating that about those being verbose being on your wolf leans and those being less verbose being on your village leans was really meant to be mostly joking..... "haha" not actually to be taken seriously/analyzed and turned into some big "thing".... just laugh about it. That is the pattern I noticed, I didn't mean anything by it.... it was meant to be a lighthearted/fun comment.

I will stop making those comments, sorry I tried.

Honestly..... my post stating that about those being verbose being on your wolf leans and those being less verbose being on your village leans was really meant to be mostly joking..... "haha" not actually to be taken seriously/analyzed and turned into some big "thing".... just laugh about it. That is the pattern I noticed, I didn't mean anything by it.... it was meant to be a lighthearted/fun comment.

I will stop making those comments, sorry I tried.
Sorry, I read it as throwing shade at my list since you had already said a couple times that I was being wolfy :shrug:

Cubs - 17
Dina - 15
finny - 26

Sobsob - 3
DVMD - 40+
sporty - 10

Nav - 80+
Barks - 15

Pip/MsP - 80+
kata - 21
Dolphin -40+

AM - 40+
genny - 25
Miz - 24
Dear God I don’t post a lot :laugh:
I’m pretty quiet in real life, too haha

Was going to put all the trackers together but was already making transcription errors with this one, due to being half asleep (and definitely passed out for a bit whoops) so others will have to wait.

Day 1 - DM Vote

nav (1) - nav
barks (1) - AM
dolphino (1) - dina
nav (2) - nav, miz
dolphin (2) - dina, cubs
nav (3) - nav, miz, pip
dubz (1) - dubz
dolphino (3) - dina, cubs, genny
sobsob (1) - kata
DVMD (1) - DVMD
cubs (1) - barks
dubz (0) - dubz
cubs (2) - barks, dubz
jboo (1) - jboo
cubs (3) - barks, dubz, sporty
barks (2) - AM, dolph
dolph (4) - dina, cubs, genny, skim
dvmd (2) - dvmd, sobsob
nav (4) - nav, miz, pip, allie
nav (5) - nav, miz, pip, allie, snowy
cubs (4) - barks, dubz, sporty, finn
jboo (0) - jboo
dvmd (3) - dvmd, sobsob, jboo
dolphin (3) - dina, cubs, genny, skim
cubs (5) - barks, dubz, sporty, finn, genny
sobsob (0) - kata
nav (6) - nav, miz, pip, allie, snowy, kata

self votes didn't actually count or something but since we didn't know that was a thing i left the tracker as if they did count

Night 3

Looks like it's time to recreate a spaghetti western shoot-out. The outlaws hunt the Sheriff. The Sheriff hunts the Outlaws. The Renegade plots secretly, ready to take one side or the other. Bullets fly. Then Bang!

No one has died

It is now Day 4. Lynch will close at 10pm EST

Players:

1. @Dinashadow
2. @StartingoverVet
3. @mizchiefmanaged
4. @DVMDream
7. @WildZoo
9. @finnickthedog
10. @Animal Midwife
11. @Barkley13
12. @SportPonies
13. @cubsrule4e
14. @dolphin106258
15. @Navilly
16. @Ms Procrastinator (formerly pippy)
17. @katashark
19. @genny

Battleships Sunk
18. snowy, village neighbor
5. jboo, village ability absorber thief
8. allieh, vanillager
6. skim, village designated survivors

Minigame
Last Night make good choices

D3/N3 Groups
Group 1

miz
am

Group 2
Gone forever

Group 3
Gone forever

Group 4
dubz
sov
barks
finn
dina

Group 5
kata
nav
cubs

Group 6
dvmd
dolph
MsP
genny
sporty

@StartingoverVet you out there? I feel like you normally post earlier in the morning.

I am tempted to go for a cubs lynch today. Maybe. I can appreciate I am maybe in a tunnel on Barkley, so I will back off for a bit and explore other options. The mayor vote and the people voting then for mayor is making me feel uneasy.

Okay so just a quick musing on wolf numbers. 5 is the absolute max you should have in a 19 player game, and based off of how Kara commented on my game design, I would be inclined to believe she thinks the same way. If there were 4, would be inclined towards a 3 + convert scenario with no restrictions on conversion, or possibly a 4 scenario with one of them resulting in false seer info.

If there are 5, likely 4 + a convert with convert being tied to a person or an early time in the game or just no convert.

But I am inclined to believe that it’s more towards the 4 total end as that ratio is better balanced (and yes I know they said it may be imbalanced, but Kara seems more exacting than not have some semblance of balance in there).

My current wolf pack:
Cubs as a maybe unseerable
DVMD or dubz (not both)
AM or one of my neutrals (would be more strongly AM if I was better at reading her/dubz wasn’t contradicting)(including Kata if I overreached in some thread interpretations)(also sporty in here, moreso sporty if dubz is a wolf)
Barkley or Finn

I haven’t read what I missed since last posting, but I did read this last write up. Dunno if anyone else is familiar with Bang! but there’s definitely a serial killer/chaos role out there, based on this last write up

Okay. Now I’m off to the gym. When I get back, I’ll catch up

Cubs
Dina
finny

Sobsob
DVMD
sporty

Nav
Barks

Pip/MsP
kata
Dolphin

AM
genny
Miz

I'm always red on your lists

I haven’t read what I missed since last posting, but I did read this last write up. Dunno if anyone else is familiar with Bang! but there’s definitely a serial killer/chaos role out there, based on this last write up

Okay. Now I’m off to the gym. When I get back, I’ll catch up

What makes you think this considering nobody died last night?