Game Night WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
What does it matter if you're tie maker? The mods already told us what happens in the event of ties and it's literally just RNG between those tied.

Is it? I went back and checked the first post and didn't see it.

Members don't see this ad :)
D3 Final official Lynch tally
finn (1) - MsP
SOV (1) - AM,
allie (5) - dubs, SOV, dolph, dina, Nav
Nav (4) - sporty, barks, cubs, kata
barks (1) - miz
sporty (2) - genny, finn

voting: 14/17
allie is in the lead

missing: @DVMDream @Skimble @allieh8607
deadline: elapsed

Check your votes!

finn (1) - MsP
SOV (1) - AM,
allie (5) - dubs, SOV, dolph, dina, allie
barks (1) - miz
sporty (2) - genny, finn

allie is in the lead

Check your votes!

is me being bolded correct?

finn (1) - MsP
SOV (1) - AM,
allie (5) - dubs, SOV, dolph, dina, allie
barks (1) - miz
sporty (2) - genny, finn

allie is in the lead

Check your votes!

I don't think Allie was voting for herself ;)

Day 3

With everyone mulling over last night's death things got a little rowdy. Someone cracked open some beer and started pointing fingers. Eventually everyone turned on Allieh who was quietly sitting in the corner nursing her own special beer. Seeing she was now not welcome, she downed the remainder of her beer and walked out the doors of the Malted Meeple

Dead is @allieh8607, Beer who was a vanillager

Across the room and ignoring the crazy scene playing out, Skim was off playing Monopoly. She'd much rather be playing her Bunco tournament. 3 of a kind of the round number earning the sweet 21 points needed, although it rarely happens. Instead, she'd allowed some friends to draw her into a long game of monopoly. It was her turn, she rolled the dice and landed on the Community Chest. Seems luck was not in her favor this game. She went straight to jail never to be seen again

Dead is @Skimble, Bunco who was a villager who could choose 3 designated survivors each night

It is now Night 3. Night will close at 9am EST

Players:

1. @Dinashadow
2. @StartingoverVet
3. @mizchiefmanaged
4. @DVMDream
7. @WildZoo
9. @finnickthedog
10. @Animal Midwife
11. @Barkley13
12. @SportPonies
13. @cubsrule4e
14. @dolphin106258
15. @Navilly
16. @Ms Procrastinator (formerly pippy)
17. @katashark
19. @genny

Battleships Sunk
18. snowy, village neighbor
5. jboo, village ability absorber thief
8. allieh, vanillager
6. skim, village designated survivors

Oh God, I just went back to that cubs vote for mayor. I am not sure how to feel about that. Almost all of my wolfy reads (minus genny) are on that vote. And cubs didn't seem to enthusiastically want it. That is messing with my hard drive. Need to get IT up in here.

With that said, maybe people will eventually learn when I call a vote to be off and that we should really look into other candidates (look back to the previous games where I call this out). EVENTUALLY people will maybe listen. (and before people go all huffy of me claiming all of these villager points, I do this every game) Or you know, at least participate in the voting process/discussion....
Uh, anybody have any idea what happened with skim there?

Also @Navilly did you give specific reasons for your barks wolf lean at some point? If yes I will find, just didn't want to go searching if you haven't.
Nope I have not. 95% feels/gut. 5% because I have noticed a trend that people who pursue me for multiple days in a row when I am a villager have flipped wolf. So a funny musing in my head if that was happening here again.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh God, I just went back to that cubs vote for mayor. I am not sure how to feel about that. Almost all of my wolfy reads (minus genny) are on that vote. And cubs didn't seem to enthusiastically want it. That is messing with my hard drive. Need to get IT up in here.
As I tried to tell you yesterday :p

With that said, maybe people will eventually learn when I call a vote to be off and that we should really look into other candidates (look back to the previous games where I call this out). EVENTUALLY people will maybe listen. (and before people go all huffy of me claiming all of these villager points, I do this every game) Or you know, at least participate in the voting process/discussion....
Yeah but like, what about when you're wrong? ;)

Nope I have not. 95% feels/gut. 5% because I have noticed a trend that people who pursue me for multiple days in a row when I am a villager have flipped wolf. So a funny musing in my head if that was happening here again.
Anything in particular giving you those feels?

So things I noticed this lynch cycle.... despite Nav being in front running he really didn't do/say/post anything to really make it evident he is a villager. I have never played with him before so maybe this is just him, but typically those that are up in the lead at some point say something that lead us to believe or to indicate to their villager status.

And second, WildZoo is pinging my feels in ways that I just can't quite put a finger on.

As I tried to tell you yesterday :p

Yeah but like, what about when you're wrong? ;)

Anything in particular giving you those feels?
Would require me being wrong on that, and I have not been wrong on calling out a bad lynch yet ;).

It's not something I can pinpoint, which trust me, is just as annoying to me as it may be to others, as I want to have a great logic flow for why its barkley, and going for barkley, especially since I completely used them two games ago.

When did you try and tell me that and in reference to what?
So things I noticed this lynch cycle.... despite Nav being in front running he really didn't do/say/post anything to really make it evident he is a villager. I have never played with him before so maybe this is just him, but typically those that are up in the lead at some point say something that lead us to believe or to indicate to their villager status.

And second, WildZoo is pinging my feels in ways that I just can't quite put a finger on.
I said earlier, my defense is wolf hunting and game solving. I gave an explanation post earlier on here as to why I handle front runner situations as such. The only thing I do differently is ensure I have a reads list out there if I am about to go down, just as a reference point for others for later (I do it unilaterally despite my role, but it definitely helps people parse things out more when I have seer type roles and the like)

Day 1 Dungeon Master Tally
Nav (5)
- Nav, miz, pippy, allie, snowy, kata
Barks (2) - AM, dolph
dolph (3) - Dina, cubs, skim
dubz () -
SOV () -
DVMD (2) - dvmd, SOV, jboo
cubs (5) - barks, dubz, sporty, finn, genny
jboo
() -

17/19

Day 2 Lynch tally
jboo (2) - AM, dina
Miz (1) - snowy
kata (2) - SOV, finn
DVMD () -
Skim (1) - jboo
Nav (3) - barks, cubs, genny
Pippy (1) - miz
dubz (1) - dvmd
snowy (5) - dubz, dolph, Nav, skim, allie
sporty () -
Finn (1) - sporty

17/19
Missing: pip, kata

Day 3 Lynch Tally
finn (1) - MsP
SOV (1) - AM
allie (5) - dubz, SOV, dolph, dina, Nav
barks (1) - miz
sporty (2) - genny, finn

14/17
Missing: DVMD, Skim, allie

The thing about cubs not enthusiastically wanting the mayor role. I'm pretty sure at some point, maybe it was when I was answering your questions about my list.

Would require me being wrong on that, and I have not been wrong on calling out a bad lynch yet ;)
Never ever? Hmmm. Not sure I believe that.

Day 1 Dungeon Master Tally
Nav (5)
- Nav, miz, pippy, allie, snowy, kata
Barks (2) - AM, dolph
dolph (3) - Dina, cubs, skim
dubz () -
SOV () -
DVMD (2) - dvmd, SOV, jboo
cubs (5) - barks, dubs, sporty, finn, genny
jboo () -

17/19

Day 2 Lynch tally
jboo (2) - AM, dina
Miz (1) - snowy
kata (2) - SOV, finn
DVMD () -
Skim (1) - jboo
Nav (3) - barks, cubs, genny
Pippy (1) - miz
dubz (1) - dvmd
snowy (5) - dubz, dolph, Nav, skim, allie
sporty () -
Finn (1) - sporty

17/19
Missing: pip, kata

Day 3 Lynch Tally
finn (1) - MsP
SOV (1) - AM
allie (5) - dubz, SOV, dolph, dina, Nav
barks (1) - miz
sporty (2) - genny, finn

14/17
Missing: DVMD, Skim, allie
Ready to make tallies early this game! How's it feel knowing no one wants to sheep your votes anymore?

Would require me being wrong on that, and I have not been wrong on calling out a bad lynch yet ;).

It's not something I can pinpoint, which trust me, is just as annoying to me as it may be to others, as I want to have a great logic flow for why its barkley, and going for barkley, especially since I completely used them two games ago.

I said earlier, my defense is wolf hunting and game solving. I gave an explanation post earlier on here as to why I handle front runner situations as such. The only thing I do differently is ensure I have a reads list out there if I am about to go down, just as a reference point for others for later (I do it unilaterally despite my role, but it definitely helps people parse things out more when I have seer type roles and the like)

This isn't a defense to prove you're villager in the moment when you're about to be lynched. That may just be how you play, which is fine, but it doesn't help stop your lynching if you are village and pings you a bit wolfy. Though some people do play this way.

Finn won't say anything to save herself if she's going down regardless if wolf or village. So that just may be your game play as well. I dunno since this is my first game with you.

9:10pm sit down to catch up on WW in bed (my first mistake)
9:15pm inevitably accidentally fall asleep
10:05pm husband runs in "are you still alive in your game?" (he knows the 10pm deadline well)
10:10pm frantically get caught up.... ugh :(

Was going to ask for a sub anyway but now I don't have to. Go village!

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
When did I call a good Lynch bad in gladiators? I was wrong on sporty, but that’s not the point I am making.
No, I mean when I was a proposed candidate over the course of the game.

This isn't a defense to prove you're villager in the moment when you're about to be lynched. That may just be how you play, which is fine, but it doesn't help stop your lynching if you are village and pings you a bit wolfy. Though some people do play this way.

Finn won't say anything to save herself if she's going down regardless if wolf or village. So that just may be your game play as well. I dunno since this is my first game with you.

So question, and I am not being obtuse here. How do you propose to defend oneself to not be Wolfy? I have had this convo before with people on other mafia forums about this, and I haven’t seen a truly compelling answer yet for me, so I am interested in your take. (Short of role revealing as something like affiliation seer, which is a major pet peeve of mine)

No, I mean when I was a proposed candidate over the course of the game.

This is once again not the point I am making. I am talking about scenarios where votes have accumulated, and I call out to everyone and I am like “this is a bad Lynch, both candidates suck; this is poor play do better. Which I don’t recall ever doing during gladiators (because I was still getting a feel for everyone), but have done multiple times over the past couple games.

Cubs
Dina
DVMD
finny

Sobsob
sporty

Nav
Barks

Pip/MsP
kata
Dolphin

AM
genny
Miz

Cubs - I probably have a tunneling problem. I'm going to ISO him to see if I can see anything that makes me want to move him. But the more I think about it the more the mayor vote bothers me.
DVMD - Didn't really like her dwelling on the finn issue today. Seemed more like posting just to post than actually wolf hunting since she didn't even end up voting.
Dina - I was bothered by some post today and can't remember at the moment what it was

Sobsob has moved up due to lack of content contributions. Barks has moved up to neutral to remind me to ISO her. She has seemed fine in our limited PM communications, but there's not much to go off of there.

Cubs
Dina
DVMD
finny

Sobsob
sporty

Nav
Barks

Pip/MsP
kata
Dolphin

AM
genny
Miz

Cubs - I probably have a tunneling problem. I'm going to ISO him to see if I can see anything that makes me want to move him. But the more I think about it the more the mayor vote bothers me.
DVMD - Didn't really like her dwelling on the finn issue today. Seemed more like posting just to post than actually wolf hunting since she didn't even end up voting.
Dina - I was bothered by some post today and can't remember at the moment what it was

Sobsob has moved up due to lack of content contributions. Barks has moved up to neutral to remind me to ISO her. She has seemed fine in our limited PM communications, but there's not much to go off of there.

Question, if I come back villager, how does DVMD not voting factor today? Does that become more NAI for you? Curious how that impacts VCA for you.

She has done more then just talk about Finn, but I agree that the wolf hunting mentality didn’t seem to be there, moreso a game solving mentality. I don’t know them whether that’s in line with their play or not (although your comments seem not?)

I can get behind this. Sounds like he was wishing for death anyway in a post below

lynch nav
Implying he has some kind of ability to take us down with him?
I agree that while it can be annoying, especially to the people who werent in the ast game, you can still get useful info from it by watching for a dynamic shift. If they were w/v last game you can analyze if/which personality changed, aggressiveness, etc.

Ive done a brief run through throughout the day and will go back and read more but for now lynch nav as theres nothing new so far that would change my vote.
So these are the only three posts cubs has had that I can call content. I'm going to need to see more, and about people other than nav. The narrow focus in combo with the extra concern about the mayor vote penalty (which, now that I think about it DVMD should have a villa point for her behavior in the mayor vote) is reading very sketch to me.

So these are the only three posts cubs has had that I can call content. I'm going to need to see more, and about people other than nav. The narrow focus in combo with the extra concern about the mayor vote penalty (which, now that I think about it DVMD should have a villa point for her behavior in the mayor vote) is reading very sketch to me.

Wait cubs also voted for me today and yesterday? Interdasting, my curiosity is piqued. (Although going into NKA land, which I also am not the biggest fan of, I am surprised I wasn’t a target on night 1 or 2 if cubs was a wolf, because they seemed freaking pissed at me at the end of last game. Although, cubs is more of a logical player than emotional so... (double parentheses to apologize for my thought flow))

Question, if I come back villager, how does DVMD not voting factor today? Does that become more NAI for you? Curious how that impacts VCA for you.

She has done more then just talk about Finn, but I agree that the wolf hunting mentality didn’t seem to be there, moreso a game solving mentality. I don’t know them whether that’s in line with their play or not (although your comments seem not?)
Tbh I'm leaning v/v on these ties that have involved you anyway, I just hesitate to put you in village. So it wouldn't really impact my read of DVMD much. I know she talked about more than just finn, it just seemed like that conversation went on for longer than it needed to imo.

It's been a while since I've played with DVMD so I can't really speak to her meta

So question, and I am not being obtuse here. How do you propose to defend oneself to not be Wolfy? I have had this convo before with people on other mafia forums about this, and I haven’t seen a truly compelling answer yet for me, so I am interested in your take. (Short of role revealing as something like affiliation seer, which is a major pet peeve of mine)

This is something that, I agree with you, isn't easy, short of role revealing which I don't necessarily like unless it will save us an incredibly important role. Again, not a favorite thing I like, but better than losing a good role.

A reads list can help, but not necessarily. I have found that many with long, thought out reads lists are actually wolves blowing smoke to make it seem like they are engaged and trying to find villagers. I prefer to not see long reads lists but rather short "these are my suspects" list but also an active effort of engaging those who you find suspicious.

Cubs
Dina
DVMD
finny

Sobsob
sporty

Nav
Barks

Pip/MsP
kata
Dolphin

AM
genny
Miz

GORRAM IT!!!! I want to be blue (or purlple)!!! :rage::rage::rage:

Meh, I don't really think I "dwelled" on the Finn issue..... I asked a fair question, got push back from AM and had to answer AM's questions (ones she should have easily been able to answer herself). Then Finn explained what happened further and the issue was dropped. Don't consider that dwelling.

I explained why I didn't vote---- was actively talking to my mom about what we were going to do for her Mother's Day present, since I am off work and free to take her somewhere this week. Not even sorryz about that.

Cubs
Dina
finny

Sobsob
DVMD
sporty

Nav
Barks
Pip/MsP

kata
Dolphin

AM
genny
Miz

How are you on reading AM normally? I am not the best, but my suspicions are really starting to grow, and the fact you have AM so village is giving me pause.

Also why has MsP moved up?

You also said you felt good about sporty today but still have her on your wolf leans?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone claimed genny coming back from the dead? If you have another revive obviously don’t say it’s you, but if that was your one and only revive, would be great for you to reveal you did so, to hard clear genny and soft clear yourself (yes could be a ballsy wolf move to claim it, but puts a bowling pin scenario if anyone was to seer the person claiming the revive)

I wanted to touch on this..... I am kind of neutral on this. Agree if the reviver (whoever you are) has another one, keep quiet, but also, this is a VERY good way for wolves to find a player with an ability that is often (though not always) more village and thus make that player a bigger or more easier night kill target since simply by virtue of this "soft clearing" that player.... they automatically lean more village and thus wolves don't have a reason to let them stick around in the game.

So by keeping that player hidden as long as possible, later in the game when there are less players and that player is revealed you have a "soft cleared" player with less people around thus making (or hopefully making) wolves easier to find.

Just my take.

How are you on reading AM normally? I am not the best, but my suspicions are really starting to grow, and the fact you have AM so village is giving me pause.

You also said you felt good about sporty today but still have her on your wolf leans?
Have you not seen my signature??
What is bothering you about AM currently? I am not perfect at catching her wolfing, but usually when I get my strong AM village feel it is correct.

That was a color error which I will edit. MsP should still be slight village.

I said I felt better. I need more time to be more sure, as I already pointed out last time I thought she was village she was wolfing. I think I may have a tendency to lean her more village automatically, so I'm starting her from a higher point this game.

I would also like to know the answer to the bolded