-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
GGoats ThWWee: Here It GGoats Again - GAME THREAD
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
wrong species
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Water doe sage inn??wrong species
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
KayJayQueue
new not noob
Okay now that the mayors are chosen I can say my theory. Since it’s been said that scum do not/would not/should not? want to be mayor, I think if either of these mayors flips scum at any point, their partners are probably not voting for them for mayor. But they both seemed eager to be mayor so I don’t really expect them to flip scum. But if they do!
I guess I could ask in previous games with mayors, was that ever something used to solve? Mayor vote associations? Or am I thinking too much about it.
Also do we just elect a mayor once at the beginning or do we have to keep doing this?
I guess I could ask in previous games with mayors, was that ever something used to solve? Mayor vote associations? Or am I thinking too much about it.
Also do we just elect a mayor once at the beginning or do we have to keep doing this?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I have seen usage attempts before but I think once it became an established thing that wolves would avoid the attention of being mayor, that metric became less useful because it kind of became an obvious way to out yourself (I am not sure how successful of a metric it even was before that tbh). Plus if there's any hint that being mayor may come with benefits that 1) wolves want for themselves and/or 2) wolves want to keep out of village hands, that gives them a reason to go for it. I have been in games where wolves were elected mayor and their packmates campaigned for them. I wouldn't necessarily expect those kinds of shenanigans from newer players but keeping in mind that our new players are not total mafia-style game noobs, their range may be broader than the typical new wolf. I am not planning to do much black and white analysis of mayor campaigns, but one could perhaps draw some conclusions about the tone and enthusiasm with which people started or accepted said campaigns, maybe.Okay now that the mayors are chosen I can say my theory. Since it’s been said that scum do not/would not/should not? want to be mayor, I think if either of these mayors flips scum at any point, their partners are probably not voting for them for mayor. But they both seemed eager to be mayor so I don’t really expect them to flip scum. But if they do!
I guess I could ask in previous games with mayors, was that ever something used to solve? Mayor vote associations? Or am I thinking too much about it.
Also do we just elect a mayor once at the beginning or do we have to keep doing this?
Some games have had additional elections after the mayor dies, most have not.
KayJayQueue
new not noob
Okay well forget my theory then
Yes. It’s why I think Day 0 can provide more to talk about D1 than normal. Sometimes. Not always. Occasionally. Maybe.Mayor vote associations?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I think it can be used in a broader context and/or as a starting off point. Just like anything else, yield may vary based on individual player risk tolerance.Okay well forget my theory then
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dubz once ran a game where we were running for mayor without having any idea what aff we were yetI have seen usage attempts before but I think once it became an established thing that wolves would avoid the attention of being mayor, that metric became less useful because it kind of became an obvious way to out yourself (I am not sure how successful of a metric it even was before that tbh). Plus if there's any hint that being mayor may come with benefits that 1) wolves want for themselves and/or 2) wolves want to keep out of village hands, that gives them a reason to go for it. I have been in games where wolves were elected mayor and their packmates campaigned for them. I wouldn't necessarily expect those kinds of shenanigans from newer players but keeping in mind that our new players are not total mafia-style game noobs, their range may be broader than the typical new wolf. I am not planning to do much black and white analysis of mayor campaigns, but one could perhaps draw some conclusions about the tone and enthusiasm with which people started or accepted said campaigns, maybe.
Some games have had additional elections after the mayor dies, most have not.
damnDubz once ran a game where we were running for mayor without having any idea what aff we were yet![]()
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It definitely wasn't because I hadn't finished writing roles yet, nope
Writing roles? Sounds like something for NERDSIt definitely wasn't because I hadn't finished writing roles yet, nope
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
IIRC, you were going to use the mayor vote to determine affs of some people, but then certain other people who are definitely not me messed that up by having requested a particular aff due to time constraints or somethingIt definitely wasn't because I hadn't finished writing roles yet, nope
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yes? Can I help you?hmm
Hmm
HMm
HMM
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Speaking of which, hit me up when you're running your TMA game, I wanna spectate/maybe playWriting roles? Sounds like something for NERDS
Do you remember the game, I think it was LOTR, where LetitSnow was mayor and got converted so I tried to make him use his veto. Then he kilt me.IIRC, you were going to use the mayor vote to determine affs of some people, but then certain other people who are definitely not me messed that up by having requested a particular aff due to time constraints or something
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I hadn't been WW born yet plsDo you remember the game, I think it was LOTR, where LetitSnow was mayor and got converted so I tried to make him use his veto. Then he kilt me.
Do you remember the game, I think it was LOTR, where LetitSnow was mayor and got converted so I tried to make him use his veto. Then he kilt me.
I’m going to have to dig up the thread and see who was around then. It was probably 10+ years ago.I hadn't been WW born yet pls
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I think it was even before my noob class!I’m going to have to dig up the thread and see who was around then. It was probably 10+ years ago.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh yes, that was one of the very early games. 2012.
The untold battle for Middle Earth is about to begin! Sign up for wherever you'd like. Maybe we will start tomorrow depending on how many people sign up. If it is tomorrow it will be later in the day. Packen is currently making a wonderful intro you you guys 😀. Hopefully this all goes smooth 🙂, It'll be our first. Sadly it may go a little slow on the weekend since I'll be fairly busy (anniversary 🙂) but Packen and I will manage! If we happen to run out of room, just add your name to the bottom and we'll see if we can fit a few more in 🙂. Super excited!!! I hope you guys like...
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
@Lissarae06, fun fact, LIS and I were paired up to do DVM admissions interviews a few years back, and I said "I believe we've interacted online before" and he was like 🤔 and I said "do you go by ... LetItSnow?" and then said hi I'm supershorty 

KayJayQueue
new not noob
I have a townread lol
KayJayQueue
new not noob
Does scum kill somebody during this night phase? Or since it was day 0 do they kill night 1? I’m wondering if I shouldn’t say who I think is town in case they can do something tonight.
You're confusing me with someone in your scum chat, I'm not a tma listener!Speaking of which, hit me up when you're running your TMA game, I wanna spectate/maybe play
Unless you want to write a short essay on how modern (1960 to present) depictions of Medusa reflect modern culture and values, probably not 😛Yes? Can I help you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Huh. There must be amother Clem out there in the mafia world then. How embarrassing.You're confusing me with someone in your scum chat, I'm not a tma listener!
This was from a champs spec chat conversation, someone said they were running a TMA game with "Clem" soon and i just assumed it was you!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Typically someone will die during the night cycle after a mayor voteDoes scum kill somebody during this night phase? Or since it was day 0 do they kill night 1? I’m wondering if I shouldn’t say who I think is town in case they can do something tonight.
Scum has plenty of choices. If they pick you, we’ll never know your TRDoes scum kill somebody during this night phase? Or since it was day 0 do they kill night 1? I’m wondering if I shouldn’t say who I think is town in case they can do something tonight.
KayJayQueue
new not noob
EwTypically someone will die during the night cycle after a mayor vote
Personally, I think Zenge is really villagey and probably won’t be protected at all
KayJayQueue
new not noob
That was my townread lolPersonally, I think Zenge is really villagey and probably won’t be protected at all
Oh maybe he will be protected then lol
KayJayQueue
new not noob
I’ve read zenge correctly and early in every game I’ve been in so far. Maybe I just know.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Damn, why do y'all want him to die
I don’tDamn, why do y'all want him to die
You don't know me! You don't know my life! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻That was my townread lol
I wasted my table flip. darnI’ve read zenge correctly and early in every game I’ve been in so far. Maybe I just know.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Seems a little chaotic for a village!Zenge to me
KayJayQueue
new not noob
Why would I yeet my townread?For real though, y'all are going to feel real silly when you misyeet me D3.
Wait.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright. I think this is un-pairing enough to fly for D0/N0. Lets go ahead and...Seems a little chaotic for a village!Zenge to me
N0: Convert Dubz to the Midnight Hoofsparks
KayJayQueue
new not noob
Uhhhh
Maybe I just know.
Boom. Roasted!Uhhhh
Similar threads
- Replies
- 68
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 3K
- Views
- 119K
- Replies
- 211
- Views
- 8K