HoWW I Met Your Mother: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll abstain for the moment. I don't have any feels, I haven't heard solid information, and I'd rather not jump on or accidentally start a bandwagon. I have a busy afternoon, so depending on when plurality is reached, I may not be able to check back in.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so since my being vague in order to protect myself from wolf attacks isn't cutting it for you guys, and I'd rather take my chances with the wolves than of being lynched, which is where I'm afraid today is heading, I'm honestly unsure what hedgie heard to think I was a wolf, other than the slap bet. The second comment I made is the only other action I've made at all in the game, which is why I mentioned it. I can protect people at night and I automatically protected a certsin someone....I know their username but not their charavter (which makes me think they're not a wolf either)

Ok I'm going to call BS on this. You've now implied that your role is important and you've informed everyone you can protect. You already have a giant wolf target on your back, if you are a villager. Revealing your character name isn't going to make that target any bigger.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok I'm going to call BS on this. You've now implied that your role is important and you've informed everyone you can protect. You already have a giant wolf target on your back, if you are a villager. Revealing your character name isn't going to make that target any bigger.

This.

Plurality rule no longer in effect for today, getting off my lunch right now, won't be able to check back in completely until 7:30, deadline is still set for 8 pm.

FLOW CYTOMETRY
@WhtsThFrequency

just had to say that.

I LOVE IT SO MUCH

il_340x270.531655246_lmwi.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

I LOVE IT SO MUCH

il_340x270.531655246_lmwi.jpg

A Valentine for Lupin?

Reactions: 2 users
From what she has said today it's pretty clear what role she is claiming anyway. It's one that I'd be surprised if a wolf would fake, but maybe a noob wolf would try it, I don't know.

@HowIMetYourPet can you say on the thread what your name is?

I'm not sure I buy that hedgie would think someone slapping Barney is wolf like, which it sounds like himyp is saying. Or that protection would look like a wolf thing.

From what she has said today it's pretty clear what role she is claiming anyway. It's one that I'd be surprised if a wolf would fake, but maybe a noob wolf would try it, I don't know.

Maybe clear to you. I have never seen the show so all I know is that hedgie said she believes HIMYP is a wolf for "reasons". Most players don't use "reasons" unless there are legitimate ones. And HIMYP claims importance, reveals what her ability is on thread but refuses to "say more" because it will make her a target, when if she is telling the truth, she already has made herself a rather large target.

Maybe clear to you. I have never seen the show so all I know is that hedgie said she believes HIMYP is a wolf for "reasons". Most players don't use "reasons" unless there are legitimate ones. And HIMYP claims importance, reveals what her ability is on thread but refuses to "say more" because it will make her a target, when if she is telling the truth, she already has made herself a rather large target.
Toothless is back! Yay!

Reactions: 2 users
(Since I'm probably dying today anyway so why not)

I'm Marshal.

I don't know why hedgie would think I'm a wolf either. That's what I've been trying to explain. those two things are the only actions I've done at all in this game (notice my mia status the first few days? That wasn't a ploy)

I have no idea what hedgie thought he/she knew to think I am a wolf. I don't know if she/he had bad information, was led to think that by ssomeone, or had alterior motives to get eid of me....

Members don't see this ad :)
So this is interesting. A few nights ago we got a write-up involving a nefarious sounding lawyer. I had some info on a lawyer, but didn't have the lawyer's name. Given that HIMYP is claiming to be Marshal, this other lawyer clearly is not. How many other lawyers could there be? Could Marshal's boss be considered a wolf?

So this is interesting. A few nights ago we got a write-up involving a nefarious sounding lawyer. I had some info on a lawyer, but didn't have the lawyer's name. Given that HIMYP is claiming to be Marshal, this other lawyer clearly is not. How many other lawyers could there be? Could Marshal's boss be considered a wolf?
I could see that. Or maybe a lawyer in one of the big corporations that Marshall hates.

The lawyer I'm aware of is described as very wealthy and charismatic.
There's one that springs to mind off the top of my head, but I'm not really sure if he's very wealthy. I'll double check.

True, it was only obvious if you've seen the show or heard of the slap bet thing. I can't see Marshal being a wolf, and I'd be surprised if he wasn't in the game. So I'm hoping if HIMYP is a wolf, the real Marshal would tell someone she's lying.

I'm going to go with
lynch FH
Because of DocE's info, and FH's response to that info not being very reassuring.

wish I had checked in earlier because I sort oF feel like i'm contributing to the beginning of a bandwagon. however im getting ready to head out for the night. So ***lynch FH**** on minor feels though. Won't be able to check in for the rest of the night.

Okay.. if himyp is Marshall, then I doubt he's a wolf (especially since Lily was a villager)

****unlynch himyp******

I'm unsure about the foxy vote. I do remember her revealing that Ashgirl was definitely not a villager, but if she was truly her sidekick, I would have expected her to push for another lynch since she probably would know that the lynches wouldn't work. She said something about how she wasn't sure lynching her again was the right strategy at the time.

I'm going to go ahead and say lynch foxy but primarily to try to save my own skin. Sorry foxy (I'm open to persuasion if anyone else has a good reason not to lynch foxy, or if someone has any more convincing arguments)

The legen.... wait for it, and I hope you are not lactose intolerant as the second part of this word is DAIRY, lynch count
HIMYP - 4 (WZ, MJ, Foxy, RM)
Foxy - 8 (DocE, dyachei, hammer2s, BI, willow, Swin, orca, HIMYP)
SOV - 1 (DVM)
RM - 1 (Allieh)
Being lame - 1 (Zensing)

Votes: 15/25
Waffles: 0

@Foxhunter you are currently in the lead!

Last edited:
I'm going to go ahead and say lynch foxy but primarily to try to save my own skin. Sorry foxy (I'm open to persuasion if anyone else has a good reason not to lynch foxy, or if someone has any more convincing arguments)

OMG enough of this "sorry to lynch you" crap. This is WW. I killed SOV twice in the last game when he was a villager and I'm still not sorry.

Maybe clear to you. I have never seen the show so all I know is that hedgie said she believes HIMYP is a wolf for "reasons". Most players don't use "reasons" unless there are legitimate ones.

Especially not Hedgie. She may not play often anymore, but she's experienced. Since I can't see a wolf claiming Marshall, I assume Hedgie had bad/tampered info.

Lynch ResMike

Everyone quickly surrounds Foxhunter at the Lusty Leopard. "Guys, guys, why are you surrounding me? What could I have possibly done? Unless all of you want a lap dance, and in that case, I would definitely be willing to oblige." As she winks at the crowd.

"No, we don't want any more of your lap dances, nor anymore of your deceit." Doug was back at the front of the crowd and was speaking up. It's time for you to face Karma."

"Well it would be quite difficult to face myself. If you are talking about facing the "terrible stuff" I have done, what have I really done? Messed with a few wolves, messed with a few villagers, and gave FANTASTIC lap dances to all. Including yourself Doug. You know I couldn't resist you with your large..... Hands and all." She winked at him again.

"So you are admitting to messing with our night results?"

"Is "Messing" really the right word? I think adding, positive, constructive changes to the night results is MUCH more accurate. Besides, me and Barney are the best at messing with you guys.

Barney walks up to the front of the crowd. "I highly advise you don't do this. If you off her, everyone of you who lynched her will have to face Karma. And you will not like it."

It was too late. A bullet had already fired from the crowd as he was finishing his sentence, lodging right into the skull of Quinn. And with that, Barney's fiance was dead.

Dead is Quinn Garvey, villager turned neutral, who could give lap dances to any person each night (directing their positive actions towards her and repelling all negative actions), could find Barney, and once she found Barney, was offered the choice to convert to neutral as well as to stage hoaxs within the game that allowed her to manipulate one person's night results each night. She would have won with Barney had he finished all of his win conditions.

Barney looked out into the crowd, sobbing. "I know the faction of each one of you who voted my way. And you, and ALL of your faction shall pay!"

It is now night 6. Night deadline is set for *****6 AM********.
There are 24 players remaining in the game. Barney’s apartment pm will end this evening. Ted’s house on long island may still pm!

Maclarens:
1. Mad Jack
3. brightimpressio
4. WillowLeaf
The Original Apartment:
8. honeytokki
9. Gwenevre
10. swingnsave
Robin's Apartment:
12. ResoluteMike
14. Zensing
15. swiniazycie
Barney's apartment:
16. Jilary
17. orca2011
18. Cyndia
19. allieh8607
6. Ashgirl
Lily and Marshal's House on Long Island:
21. DocEspana
23. HowIMetYourPet
Ted's House on Long Island:
26. Caia
27. Hammer2s
30. devyn
2. Wildzoo
The Lusty Leopard
31. DVMDream
32. LetItSnow
33. dyachei
34. StartingOverVet
Dead:
5. fancymylotus - Daphne
13. Tuckervet - Clint
22. ZVH - Patrice
24. Snow White96 - Don Frank
29. Chillbo Baggins - Carl Maclaren
20. ksmi117 – Victoria
7. Rogert – Lily Aldrin
11. NilocDent – Wendy
25. hedgiehog – Mickey Aldrin

28. Foxhunter - Quinn Garvey

Last edited:
Well on the plus side, at least we have someone messing with night results gone.. Hopefully there aren't any others.

For all I know traitorous wolves betray other wolves, but I'm not sure if there's a way to figure that out without lynching. I'll hold off on naming names until I get some more input (@StartingoverVet ) ;).
:shrug: No insight here, but I haven't read through the thread yet (and I have flights tomorrow dawn through dusk... apparently sunny weather brings people out of hibernation. Whodathunkit).

Cool. Maybe the night results will be better now.
Especially not Hedgie. She may not play often anymore, but she's experienced. Since I can't see a wolf claiming Marshall, I assume Hedgie had bad/tampered info.
According to the write up, FH could only mess with one person's results each night. But I'm pretty sure the night hedgie said she tracked her group was the same night DocE got altered results about ash being lynchable. So I think either there are multiple night-result-changing abilities, or one of them really had true night results that night. I'm not sure what to think about that, but I hope there aren't multiple people with that ability.

Also, did anyone else notice that the write up says that Barney has multiple win conditions? That sounds more complicated than him simply winning on a certain night. I don't see a mention of FH having a protecting-Barney role, though, so I'm not planning to start voting for Barney again right now. Just pointing out that there might be other win conditions we don't know about.

Oh look at that. I still can sniff someone out with logic alone.

Now if I can just head my head out of my ass about killing barney (though now I'm concerned about WHEN to kill barney) maybe I can do that for a red text wolf.

Kids, this is the time that….. A lot of random ish happened in one night.

To start, we follow Loretta Stinson, a very caring woman, who tried to be the best mom she possibly could. She was walking around the town when she attempted to charm one of the people that she ran into. He blows up in her face, “Who the heck do you think I am? Do you think you can charm me? ME? I am the farthest thing from innocence! You are just a blathering idiot. You know what, you are a complete and utter fecal material. No, actually, that’s an insult to fecal material. You are the fecal material that fecal material poops out. If you last around here more than a day longer, I wil be SHOCKED! SHOCKED!” Loretta, being completely demoralized, walks off, fairly sad.

That’s when we arrive at the next person we follow that night, Linus. You see, Linus was attempting to find someone to take up his Kennedy Package, and thought he found the right person. He approaches Barney last night to try and give him the Kennedy package, which would have incapacitated him with alcohol for the rest of the game. Unfortunately, alcohol doesn’t affect Barney, you know, because he’s awesome, and the attempt failed. A downtrodden Linus starts to walk away, ready to return to Maclaren’s, who was forced to hire him when 2 of their staff were found dead.

On the way back to Maclaren’s, in fact on Maclaren’s steps he found someone who he recognized. “Hey, how’s it going?”

“Not well at all….. it’s just been a rough week overall. I need someone to take the edge off with me…. Care to take a sip before you start back on at work?”

“Sure, why not?” He takes a sip from the glass. That’s when he notices that small amounts of smoke is coming out of the class. That’s also right before he falls down the stairs to Maclaren’s, cracking his skull open at the bottom. The woman who he took the glass from is gone, and a crowd is forming around Linus. They were waiting for him to start serving alcohol, since Doug had just left a few minutes earlier. Someone checked his pulse, and he was very clearly dead. Without Linus alive, Doug would not be able to keep Maclaren’s open on his own, and thus, the bar must officially close down.

Dead is Hammer2s, Linus, who would be able to “partially” block one person each night, and was also able to offer the Kennedy package SUCCESSFULLY to 1 person in the game, which would have inactivated their ability for the remainder of the game. Too bad the first person he tried to use the package on was immune to it.

We return now to Loretta, who was a part of the waiting crowd at Maclaren’s. That’s when she notices Barney at the booth behind her, talking to Ted.

“You know what we should do Ted, we should buy a bar!”

“We Should TOTALLY buy a bar!”

“And you know what we would name the bar Ted?”

“What would we name the bar?”

“We would name it puzzles!”

“Why would we name it puzzles?”

“That’s the puzzle” Barney says as he taps his pointer finger on his head.

“Wait Maclaren’s is officially closed, why don’t we try it out at our apartment tonight? “

“Let’s do it! Everyone, if you want to get your drink on, come up to our apartment!”

Loretta decides to head upstairs, and Ted precedes to get Loretta completely drunk, incapacitated in fact! As she was leaving the apartment, she was too wasted to realize there was a young girl following her. In fact, she didn’t know what hit her when the knife was run straight into her back. She was dead within minutes.

Dead is Allieh, Loretta, the villager charmer, who could combat the effects of intimidation with comfort food, could directly comfort someone protecting them from night deaths, and could also charm players in the game. If she had charmed her son, it would have auto converted him to an assistant charmer. If she had charmed all villager aligned people in the game, she would have won by herself (or with her son had he been converted). However, she could win with villagers as well if she didn’t charm all villagers. (For those interested in mod mechanics, charm was first in the order of night actions, hence why that action couldn’t be blocked)

Other things did happen this night. Ranjit made yet another trip out to the Lusty Leopard (he must like strip clubs a lot….), and then preceded to head back to Barney’s apartment.

However, more importantly, two new relationships have been forged. Robin and Ted both realized that they see themselves in very different places 5 years from now, and thus have decided to break up. They have agreed to remain friends though, so that’s good!

Ted, after his two minute date yesterday, is now in a relationship with Stella! Robin, on the other hand, is currently dating her therapist (sounds like a great idea :rolleyes: ) and is in a relationship with Kevin.

READ THE NEXT PARAGRAPH, SUPER IMPORTANT!!!!

There are 22 players remaining in the game. Ted’s house on Long Island pm will end this evening. The Lusty Leopard may pm for one full cycle, the pm ability will end this evening. Barney’s apartment may now pm. Maclaren’s has officially shut down with Linus dead, and they have retreated to the depths of Long Island at Lily and Marshall’s house. Note that the Original Apartment now doubles as Puzzles. Robin’s apartment was sold due to her new relationship, they have retreated to Ted’s house on Long Island. Obviously, groups have shifted!!!!

Maclarens:
SHUT DOWN!
The Original Apartment/Puzzles:

8. honeytokki
9. Gwenevre
10. swingnsave
Robin's Apartment:
Sold to move in with Kevin.
Barney's apartment:
16. Jilary
17. orca2011
18. Cyndia
6. Ashgirl
2. Wildzoo
Lily and Marshal's House on Long Island:
21. DocEspana
23. HowIMetYourPet
1. Mad Jack
3. brightimpressio
4. WillowLeaf
Ted's House on Long Island:
26. Caia
30. devyn
12. ResoluteMike
14. Zensing
15. swiniazycie
The Lusty Leopard
31. DVMDream
32. LetItSnow
33. dyachei
34. StartingOverVet
Dead:
5. fancymylotus - Daphne
3. Tuckervet - Clint
22. ZVH - Patrice
24. Snow White96 - Don Frank
29. Chillbo Baggins - Carl Maclaren
20. ksmi117 – Victoria
7. Rogert – Lily Aldrin
11. NilocDent – Wendy
25. hedgiehog – Mickey Aldrin
28. Foxhunter – Quinn Garvey
27. Hammer2s – Linus

19. allieh8607 – Loretta

This just in! Everyone turn on your TVs as Sandy Rivers is about to read the news!

The first headline of today’s newspaper states, “Sandy Rivers strikes out dating Ashgirl, DocE, WildZoo, and RM over course of game.”

This just in! Everyone turn on your TVs as Sandy Rivers is about to read the news!

The first headline of today’s newspaper states, “Sandy Rivers strikes out dating Ashgirl, DocE, WildZoo, and RM over course of game.”

Yeah... apparently I fail at finding girls. All of these players have male roles.