I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mmm, I don't think this is really true.

they say LAL (lynch all liars) but I'm not sure this is the case here for you, but just so people know

Sorry, I thought my sarcasm was evident but sometimes I think I'm way funnier than I actually am. Actually, I always think I'm funnier than I really am.

I'm salty about a lot of things in my life and in ww right now, so it's probably fair to say it's a good plan to read all of my posts with sass glasses on for this game
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if shelter is a bit of a noob (yes?) how would they know about the LIS rule?

even if not a noob, I smell some opportunism in the AM voters

this doesn't feel like a wolfy AM move, that's WIFOM anyway, but as said we have yet to see how effective LIS's rule is, and I know I'm one of the first to quote his playbook like scripture

I don't find this context to be one where I would think self-voting has any affiliation indicativeness, beyond the fact that I don't see it as a D1 AM wolf move

therefore I find people jumping on it at this point, to be more suspicious than the move itself
Pretty standard AM move in my book, I honestly don't think any wolf their salt would take that bait though, and this isn't shelter's first game (and she has wolfed and wolfed well before). I'd be surprised if she didn't know the LIS rule, she hasn't played a huge number of games but he was still playing when she started out and I feel like that rule is mentioned constantly.

So it's NAI for me, dawg.
 
****
That seems a way to get shot in said state :bag:

...and now “Wagon Wheel” is stuck in my head :smack:
****
******
Ditto
upload_2018-11-24_7-13-1.png

******
 
You take that back right now or else.

Is being the new STL a bad thing or was that already claimed?

try again

besides, SAR didn't even play that one

so, what was the motive for you to say this? overly defensive, or just unintentionally incorrect?

That she was bitter about getting bussed in Lurking? You're getting on people for making points about games they aren't sure about yet you're doing the same. Really?

omg are we really having a wolf brag about a NK?

how is that an achievement in a mostly vanilla game?

No? It's called a joke. Chill the eff out.

maybe not for you, there was plenty for me

you can catch wolves from single posts, so provided people post, that's all you need to go off of for a fighting chance

maybe it just depends on your own skill and not luck for some people

BS. If there were you would have lynched me.

It isn't, but it would be a speedy way to learn Stagg's wolf meta to a T.

So based off of 1 real game and a speed game that was a s*** show I have a wolf meta now? Care to share what it is and how you're so sure I'm a wolf already even though I've made like 3 posts? Seriously, you have no idea what my wolf/village metas are otherwise you'd lynch me when I'm a wolf and not lynch when I'm a village. Consider I've won the only 2 games I've wolfed (not bragging, stating facts) and have been killed before N2 every game as a villager since Smash, I'd say you're talking out your butt.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lynch wz
Sounding like after party, also some nice soft vouchies with a touch of hedging. It's D1 so as good a place as any to start
Reading a situation that was being discussed /= vouch, not even a soft one. Such an overused word.
 
why the 20 min later edit?
I was on my phone, and the holding didn’t go through for my lynch vote. I probably should have just made a new post, but I didn’t. Nothing else about the post changed.
it's the kind of odd that fits perfectly in AM meta, don't know that it's affiliation indicative for her or not, I lean it's more village than wolfy AM, nevermind that it's a bit WIFOM, and the fact I said I wouldn't use meta in the next game since I rely on it too much, I'm going to say AM's move might be odd as a general WW move, it is not odd for AM, and most of you should know that. So I find all of your reactions to her move to be more interesting and potentially telling than her move.

I don't want to speak for AM, but I'm wondering if she wanted to see who would take the bait of trying to get her lynched over exactly the kind of joke we can expect from AM. It's an opening and maybe she wanted to see who would try to use it.

I'm got my eyes on you guys.
Seems like odd play for AM or anyone. At the very least, I’d like AM to explain her reasoning. Right now it’s the best reason I have to vote for anyone.
####lynch shelter#####

Because I’m hydrated and I feel like it
This could very probably change
ftfy
 
welcome to WW

that happened to me like the first 10 times I played, the vets considered it noob education, because, well, it is

if I could lynch 5 people today, I already would have
except
MA certainly isn't a vet
And the *one* game she is referring to, actually wait, she didn't even play she modded, and it happened like 7 months ago.

So, no, it's not a very defendable reason.
 
I was on my phone, and the holding didn’t go through for my lynch vote. I probably should have just made a new post, but I didn’t. Nothing else about the post changed.

Seems like odd play for AM or anyone. At the very least, I’d like AM to explain her reasoning. Right now it’s the best reason I have to vote for anyone.

ftfy
I think it's fair to ask reason but we all know she is unlikely to be explicit.

What do you think of the reason that was eluded to later on?
####lynch shelter#####

Because I’m drunk and I feel like it
This could very probably change
@PippyPony @youngkal
 
You didn't play WWedding. Also, you were the second-to-last kill in the other game, so I wouldn't consider that early.

I second this. Reading WWeek was such a small game that it doesn't make sense to point out whether anyone was killed early/late. Dying N2 is still making it through like 40% of the game.

Besides, just because you were killed early (and mostly nked, not lynched early iirc) doesn't automatically mean you're not a wolf now. The only real passes I give for death order in past games is it's typically not cool to lynch someone d1 two games in a row.
 
Pretty standard AM move in my book, I honestly don't think any wolf their salt would take that bait though, and this isn't shelter's first game (and she has wolfed and wolfed well before). I'd be surprised if she didn't know the LIS rule, she hasn't played a huge number of games but he was still playing when she started out and I feel like that rule is mentioned constantly.

So it's NAI for me, dawg.
I was WIFOM'ing it as a weak indicator since wolves could use it to get in an early vote and start driving the discussion.

Is being the new STL a bad thing or was that already claimed?



That she was bitter about getting bussed in Lurking? You're getting on people for making points about games they aren't sure about yet you're doing the same. Really?



No? It's called a joke. Chill the eff out.



BS. If there were you would have lynched me.



So based off of 1 real game and a speed game that was a s*** show I have a wolf meta now? Care to share what it is and how you're so sure I'm a wolf already even though I've made like 3 posts? Seriously, you have no idea what my wolf/village metas are otherwise you'd lynch me when I'm a wolf and not lynch when I'm a village. Consider I've won the only 2 games I've wolfed (not bragging, stating facts) and have been killed before N2 every game as a villager since Smash, I'd say you're talking out your butt.
As someone who has also not read the speed game or remember other games with Stagg, are they usually this aggressive?
 
Hmm. Where's my Karabou? I'd like her take on things (@Karabiner13)
I think there are several others who haven't checked in yet either. Have we heard from @dolphin106258 or @Trilt?

My vote is staying where it is for now. Maybe I'm biased because it's been a long time since I've played with a non-wolf Stagg. But the hairs on the back of my neck always get raised when people bring up being lynched "early" in previous games.
 
As someone who has also not read the speed game or remember other games with Stagg, are they usually this aggressive?

Very aggro as masons often are.

Hmm. Where's my Karabou? I'd like her take on things (@Karabiner13)
I think there are several others who haven't checked in yet either. Have we heard from @dolphin106258 or @Trilt?

My vote is staying where it is for now. Maybe I'm biased because it's been a long time since I've played with a non-wolf Stagg. But the hairs on the back of my neck always get raised when people bring up being lynched "early" in previous games.

dolphin did post once earlier to comment confusion on my self-vote.
 
I was on my phone, and the bolding didn’t go through for my lynch vote. I probably should have just made a new post, but I didn’t. Nothing else about the post changed.

Seems like odd play for AM or anyone. At the very least, I’d like AM to explain her reasoning. Right now it’s the best reason I have to vote for anyone.

ftfy
Bolding, not holding, ugh.
I think it's fair to ask reason but we all know she is unlikely to be explicit.

What do you think of the reason that was eluded to later on?
I know she’s not likely to be explicit, but I’m also not likely to change my lynch vote today unless I see a better reason to lynch someone else, or she offers a believable explanation.

I’m not sure I caught the reason that was eluded to later? Unless you mean when someone said she did it to draw out wolves. If that was her strategy, I’d say it’s not a very good one because you are more likely to catch villagers with that strategy imho.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was WIFOM'ing it as a weak indicator since wolves could use it to get in an early vote and start driving the discussion.
Yup, I could see that...but with a newer player. I just don't think anyone who has played with AM touches that with a 10 foot pole as a wolf. After thinking on it some more I'm leaning village on shelter and skilary. To me it reads as a village AM move as well, she's not as on top of her tricks as a wolf.
 
Bolding, not holding, ugh.

I know she’s not likely to be explicit, but I’m also not likely to change my lynch vote today unless I see a better reason to lynch someone else, or she offers a believable explanation.

I’m not sure I caught the reason that was eluded to later? Unless you mean when someone said she did it to draw out wolves. If that was her strategy, I’d say it’s not a very good one because you are more likely to catch villagers with that strategy imho.
How about the post right above yours?
 
except
MA certainly isn't a vet
And the *one* game she is referring to, actually wait, she didn't even play she modded, and it happened like 7 months ago.

So, no, it's not a very defendable reason.
MA has been around at least as long as I have and played sporadically. She’s somewhere between noob and vet.
 
You didn't play WWedding. Also, you were the second-to-last kill in the other game, so I wouldn't consider that early.

My mistake. It was Afterparty and I was lynched D1 because I used to RNG D1. My point about early kills will be answered below:

I second this. Reading WWeek was such a small game that it doesn't make sense to point out whether anyone was killed early/late. Dying N2 is still making it through like 40% of the game.

Besides, just because you were killed early (and mostly nked, not lynched early iirc) doesn't automatically mean you're not a wolf now. The only real passes I give for death order in past games is it's typically not cool to lynch someone d1 two games in a row.

My point wasn't that I'm getting killed early and that I should get to live because of it. My point is that Cray is talking about my "village meta" when she hasn't even played a game where I was village and lived more than 1.5 cycles and it's annoying af. The only game other than Colorado (my first game) that I lived past D2 as village was Smash, and I was pretty inactive during that game other than aggressively attacking DVMD early on, which turned out I was right about her as she was the NPC punching bag. She's welcome to her opinion, but I'm also welcome to call out her BS.

As someone who has also not read the speed game or remember other games with Stagg, are they usually this aggressive?

Depends. Ya'll caught me on a pissy morning since I'm on call for the next 14 hours and got 2 calls from the ED for consults before I could even see my own patients. I also don't appreciate people making claims about my past play when they have barely even played with me.

My vote is staying where it is for now. Maybe I'm biased because it's been a long time since I've played with a non-wolf Stagg. But the hairs on the back of my neck always get raised when people bring up being lynched "early" in previous games.

I've only been a non-wolf Stagg who actually lived past D2 twice, and one time was my first game. So not really a whole lot to go off of either way. My point about being lynched "early" was made above in regards to my supposed village meta. Which you all will be even more confused about when I flip vanilla this game. But whatevs, lynch me and prove my point about village Stagg always getting lynched early.

Not exactly... She's a winter wonderland noob. Her first game was Michigan.

Nickelllllssssssssss.... (right?)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My mistake. It was Afterparty and I was lynched D1 because I used to RNG D1. My point about early kills will be answered below:



My point wasn't that I'm getting killed early and that I should get to live because of it. My point is that Cray is talking about my "village meta" when she hasn't even played a game where I was village and lived more than 1.5 cycles and it's annoying af. The only game other than Colorado (my first game) that I lived past D2 as village was Smash, and I was pretty inactive during that game other than aggressively attacking DVMD early on, which turned out I was right about her as she was the NPC punching bag. She's welcome to her opinion, but I'm also welcome to call out her BS.



Depends. Ya'll caught me on a pissy morning since I'm on call for the next 14 hours and got 2 calls from the ED for consults before I could even see my own patients. I also don't appreciate people making claims about my past play when they have barely even played with me.



I've only been a non-wolf Stagg who actually lived past D2 twice, and one time was my first game. So not really a whole lot to go off of either way. My point about being lynched "early" was made above in regards to my supposed village meta. Which you all will be even more confused about when I flip vanilla this game. But whatevs, lynch me and prove my point about village Stagg always getting lynched early.



Nickelllllssssssssss.... (right?)

You can't stop people forming an opinion of your play. That's kind of how it works and often doesn't line up with your own view of your play. It's like when you suddenly find out a classmate doesn't really like you when you thought they did because you think you're typically a likeable person. Others are going to view your actions through their own experience and make assumptions that you don't see as true. It doesn't mean they're not valid and isn't a reason to get all in a wad about someone. I get misread (imo) all the time and things stated as "in my meta" that I don't agree with all the time. That doesn't make those assumptions about me invalid, as it could be things I just don't see about myself