I WWanna Be The Very Best (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've only been a non-wolf Stagg who actually lived past D2 twice, and one time was my first game. So not really a whole lot to go off of either way. My point about being lynched "early" was made above in regards to my supposed village meta. Which you all will be even more confused about when I flip vanilla this game. But whatevs, lynch me and prove my point about village Stagg always getting lynched early.
This is one of those things that a previous version of me would have taken the time to hunt down and analyze and blah blah blah. But I'll leave that to AM - she seems to like taking up the mantle for all the things I'm too busy for. I will say that people are free to read game threads to pick up on metas, so in no way does cray need to have played a game in order to comment on your previous play.
 
Hmm. Where's my Karabou? I'd like her take on things (@Karabiner13)
I think there are several others who haven't checked in yet either. Have we heard from @dolphin106258 or @Trilt?

My vote is staying where it is for now. Maybe I'm biased because it's been a long time since I've played with a non-wolf Stagg. But the hairs on the back of my neck always get raised when people bring up being lynched "early" in previous games.
Eh sorry I fell asleep after my one off post. But yeah there are a few others besides Trilt that haven’t posted. Figured the others will check in eventually today. Since I forgot we were supposed to start after a very tiring Black Friday
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is one of those things that a previous version of me would have taken the time to hunt down and analyze and blah blah blah. But I'll leave that to AM - she seems to like taking up the mantle for all the things I'm too busy for. I will say that people are free to read game threads to pick up on metas, so in no way does cray need to have played a game in order to comment on your previous play.

I don't under the lynched early stuff since it's only happened once, but Cray has played every game with Stagg except Colorado and Halloween.
 
I don't under the lynched early stuff since it's only happened once, but Cray has played every game with Stagg except Colorado and Halloween.
Yeah I was referring to Colorado, since that was the one where he lived the longest (maybe?) as village, so would be the one where most of that data would come from. I was going to hunt down when exactly he died in other games but decided I didn't feel like it.
 
Unofficial D1 Lynch Tally
Stagg (3)
- WZ, SAR, Cray
AM (2) - Shelter, Skimble
Shelter (2) - AM, grebes
Koffee (1) - Mixy
Mutts (1) - Capri
WZ (2) - Paws, ny
grebes (1) - genny

12/24
Lynch close in ~9.5 hours
 
Well this is the second time someone has missed an opportunity to use this
tenor.gif
 
Yeah I was referring to Colorado, since that was the one where he lived the longest (maybe?) as village, so would be the one where most of that data would come from. I was going to hunt down when exactly he died in other games but decided I didn't feel like it.

Colorado - N9/N11
Smash - endgame
Cycling - D1/N5
Lurking - endgame
Halloween - N1/N5
Reading - N2/N5
Dinner - endgame
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Colorado - N9/N11
Smash - endgame
Cycling - D1/N5
Lurking - endgame
Halloween - N1/N5
Reading - N2/N5
Dinner - endgame
Colorado - N9/N11 - village
Smash - endgame - village
Cycling - D1/N5 - village
Lurking - endgame - wolf
Halloween - N1/N5 - village
Reading - N2/N5 - village
Dinner - endgame - wolf

Is that correct?
 
...you didn't play Afterparty either.

Thanks @CoffeeQuestionMark , it was cycle. I forgot that game existed.

You can't stop people forming an opinion of your play. That's kind of how it works and often doesn't line up with your own view of your play. It's like when you suddenly find out a classmate doesn't really like you when you thought they did because you think you're typically a likeable person. Others are going to view your actions through their own experience and make assumptions that you don't see as true. It doesn't mean they're not valid and isn't a reason to get all in a wad about someone. I get misread (imo) all the time and things stated as "in my meta" that I don't agree with all the time. That doesn't make those assumptions about me invalid, as it could be things I just don't see about myself

That's fine. She can have whatever opinion she wants. But there's a lot that pisses me off with what she's written. She's voting based on emotion, which is garbage. She's talking about policy lynching me because "I'm just too wolfy to keep around", which is the lazy way of saying "idk who to vote for or what to do, so why not?", and I feel like she constantly talks about my "metas" and always says something different. It never makes any effing sense and it drives me nuts. I realize it's D1, but this kind of crap just peeves me.

Likely, but there was no self-preserving or defending really happening so it wasn't RNG alone that lead to his lynch.

Right, I went back and read the thread and it was because we thought my wife might have needed major surgery after our kid was born and I had to take her to the hospital. And it really was mostly RNG. Only 3 people voted for me and then I randomly died d/t a tie. Either way, it's irrelevant to the point that Cray is talking out of her butt about my "meta" as she's flipped flopped on what's "normal" Stagg plenty.

This is one of those things that a previous version of me would have taken the time to hunt down and analyze and blah blah blah. But I'll leave that to AM - she seems to like taking up the mantle for all the things I'm too busy for. I will say that people are free to read game threads to pick up on metas, so in no way does cray need to have played a game in order to comment on your previous play.

Sorry, I think metas in general are garbage a lot of the time as they're easy to manipulate. People can do whatever they want, just like I can say I think the reasoning is dumb.

I don't under the lynched early stuff since it's only happened once, but Cray has played every game with Stagg except Colorado and Halloween.

Yea, which is 4 games, 2 of which I didn't live past D2. So 2 games are enough for a reeealllly convincing meta.. /s

Well this is the second time someone has missed an opportunity to use this
tenor.gif

My people 😍

Colorado - N9/N11
Smash - endgame
Cycling - D1/N5
Lurking - endgame
Halloween - N1/N5
Reading - N2/N5
Dinner - endgame

Let's also add context to this:

Colorado: Noob game, not normal Stagg
Smash: Insane start of internship, was largely absent for a lot of that game outside of PMs and tunneling DVMD
Cycling: Only played D1
Lurking: Wolf- gl determining my "village meta" from that
Halloween: Only played D1
Reading: Probably the best game to read for "village Stagg" since I actually had time to play, but still only 2 days
Dinner: Wolf-again, gl figuring out "village Stagg"

So in reality you've got Colorado (my first game), Cycling, Halloween, and Reading to judge my meta (was barely around in Smash). So outside of Colorado a total of 4 days. If people really want to claim they know my meta from that, they can think whatever they want and I'll be happy to tell them they have no idea what they're talking about.
 
If you can't tell, my flavor for today is Salty af. I've got notes to write and probably more patients to see. I'll get back on when I've got time, but anyone saying "omg, this is definitely wolf Stagg" from anything I've done here is talking out their butt. If you don't believe me then go ahead and lynch me and you can find out for yourselves when I flip vanillager.
 
So many words...just so many words

I'm not the biggest fan of meta either. I'd say most players use it incorrectly most of the time. But I am a fan of being nitpicky, and if you are a player who uses meta a lot (which cray does, and not without success), there is data there. There's no reason to entirely disregard your first game either.

I think I've lost track of this argument anyway. Wasn't cray referring to your wolf meta, not your village meta?
 
So many words...just so many words

I'm not the biggest fan of meta either. I'd say most players use it incorrectly most of the time. But I am a fan of being nitpicky, and if you are a player who uses meta a lot (which cray does, and not without success), there is data there. There's no reason to entirely disregard your first game either.

I think I've lost track of this argument anyway. Wasn't cray referring to your wolf meta, not your village meta?

Where?
 

maybe not for you, there was plenty for me

you can catch wolves from single posts, so provided people post, that's all you need to go off of for a fighting chance

maybe it just depends on your own skill and not luck for some people

It isn't, but it would be a speedy way to learn Stagg's wolf meta to a T.

I mean, the progression here was cray referring to learning your wolf meta from the speed game. She didn't say anything about your village meta. You brought that up. So I'm trying to figure out what the argument is here. That we can't look at what we have of your wolf play and try to discern where it might differ from what we have of your village play?

Granted, I do think you need both to be effective, otherwise you might just be catching things that are NAI, but if we have village!Stagg data and wolf!Stagg data...then they are data points that can be used.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean, the progression here was cray referring to learning your wolf meta from the speed game. She didn't say anything about your village meta. You brought that up. So I'm trying to figure out what the argument is here. That we can't look at what we have of your wolf play and try to discern where it might differ from what we have of your village play?

Granted, I do think you need both to be effective, otherwise you might just be catching things that are NAI, but if we have village!Stagg data and wolf!Stagg data...then they are data points that can be used.

I don't disagree with you that it can be useful, but it requires context. I thought she had also talked about me being village/not being village in another post, but maybe salty stagg is reading between lines too much. I was pissed about her talking about how she can "catch wolves from single posts", then voted to lynch me (I'm assuming based off of that combined with her being pissed about last game). So I thought she was implying that she knew my village meta, which is silly imo. You should be looking at my wolf play and discerning where it's different from my village play. However, other than a few things I don't think I've been consistent as village or wolf in any of the games I've played. My point is that if Cray is so confident in my "wolf meta" that she's willing to throw a lynch vote on it on D1 after I'd made barely any posts, she'll see how wrong she is when I flip village.

Edit: I feel like I've been enough of a distraction to village at this point. So I'll drop the issue (as it's not really that relevant) and be back later with actual game analysis (or as much as I can glean from one day, which is rarely much at all).
 
These are my least favourite words of all time in a ww game because I go back and I'm like "nope, still don't see anything. Clearly I am dumb as a rock"

I think I need to mod more and play less
SAME!
Eh sorry I fell asleep after my one off post. But yeah there are a few others besides Trilt that haven’t posted. Figured the others will check in eventually today. Since I forgot we were supposed to start after a very tiring Black Friday
Do you have anything else to contribute? The fact there has been much discussion though not necessarily relevant and you don't have much else to say concerns me.
We can talk about how its an issue that I've been up for 4 hours and have done nothing with my life.
No.

Everyone getting hung up on Stagg is concerning me particularly with the amount of time that was being spent on that particular topic.
My break down I've got +1 sketch for WZ. I can never read Nyanko so not sure how I feel about interaction with WZ. Coffee's non chalantness is also giving me sketches. Genny dropping a vote and peacing out is also giving me feels.

AM I've got more village leaning for the fact of her wierd little stunt at the beginning. Stagg seems like his analytical problem solving persona for village so I'm cool with him for now. Cray is also making sense to me right now so I'm cool with her as well.
That's all I got for now.
 
SAME!

Do you have anything else to contribute? The fact there has been much discussion though not necessarily relevant and you don't have much else to say concerns me.
No.

Everyone getting hung up on Stagg is concerning me particularly with the amount of time that was being spent on that particular topic.
My break down I've got +1 sketch for WZ. I can never read Nyanko so not sure how I feel about interaction with WZ. Coffee's non chalantness is also giving me sketches. Genny dropping a vote and peacing out is also giving me feels.

AM I've got more village leaning for the fact of her wierd little stunt at the beginning. Stagg seems like his analytical problem solving persona for village so I'm cool with him for now. Cray is also making sense to me right now so I'm cool with her as well.
That's all I got for now.
I love when people pop in and talk about being concerned with the current topic of discussion/try to end it before the people who are actually interested in the discussion are done. It's actually my favorite thing in all of WW.

Would you prefer that we not discuss the leading lynch candidate? Is there something you feel like we should have been discussing instead? Maybe you'll have a better response than Koffee did.
 
I don't disagree with you that it can be useful, but it requires context. I thought she had also talked about me being village/not being village in another post, but maybe salty stagg is reading between lines too much. I was pissed about her talking about how she can "catch wolves from single posts", then voted to lynch me (I'm assuming based off of that combined with her being pissed about last game). So I thought she was implying that she knew my village meta, which is silly imo. You should be looking at my wolf play and discerning where it's different from my village play. However, other than a few things I don't think I've been consistent as village or wolf in any of the games I've played. My point is that if Cray is so confident in my "wolf meta" that she's willing to throw a lynch vote on it on D1 after I'd made barely any posts, she'll see how wrong she is when I flip village.

Edit: I feel like I've been enough of a distraction to village at this point. So I'll drop the issue (as it's not really that relevant) and be back later with actual game analysis (or as much as I can glean from one day, which is rarely much at all).
I don't really get why people think this discussion has been a distraction. Discussing a leading lynch candidate's reaction to posts by someone who is voting for them is not a distraction. Breaking down those posts and finding faults in them is not a distraction.

But anyway. If she mentioned your village meta I didn't see it. I get the frustration if you are village. I'm sure when cray gets back this will all be rehashed lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I love when people pop in and talk about being concerned with the current topic of discussion/try to end it before the people who are actually interested in the discussion are done. It's actually my favorite thing in all of WW.

Would you prefer that we not discuss the leading lynch candidate? Is there something you feel like we should have been discussing instead? Maybe you'll have a better response than Koffee did.
I think if you all want to continue discussing when exactly he has been a wolf that's all your parogative. Doesn't have to mean I like it or that you have to agree with me. However, he's not being quiet and only offering few bits of information like he did last game if we are discussing his wolf play. He's boldly defending. Indicative of wolf or not who knows. I don't, but what I have seen of his current play seems like super annoyed village. What imo would be a better use of time is analysis of his current play style over preivous times. My play style definately changes based on what's going on in my life atm so potato patato I find metas hard to follow and if a person tries hard enough can completely disrupt their meta play leaving everyone up the river without a paddle.
 
I think if you all want to continue discussing when exactly he has been a wolf that's all your parogative. Doesn't have to mean I like it or that you have to agree with me. However, he's not being quiet and only offering few bits of information like he did last game if we are discussing his wolf play. He's boldly defending. Indicative of wolf or not who knows. I don't, but what I have seen of his current play seems like super annoyed village. What imo would be a better use of time is analysis of his current play style over preivous times. My play style definately changes based on what's going on in my life atm so potato patato I find metas hard to follow and if a person tries hard enough can completely disrupt their meta play leaving everyone up the river without a paddle.
If you think I was just discussing when he's been a wolf without reason, you missed the point. That was a small part of the larger discussion, which was about his reaction to cray's vote and posts...i.e. his play in this game. These things were brought up because it was what he was using to defend.
 
I thought the Stagg discussion was fine? (I mean i understand being annoyed on Stagg’s end). Why exactly do you view it as a problem @MixedAnimals77

I enjoy being able to look at people’s reasoning as Stagg posts. I also always view Stagg as salty even when not so I haven’t been bothered by his aggressiveness. Back to AM from yesterday I was super confused at first but I realized what she was doing. However I don’t know how beneficial vs not it is for AM to not let more votes build, vs the early bird thing she mentioned. But I definitely don’t have that as a wolfy thing to attempt.

Also yeah @genny can you maybe provide a reason for that vote? I thought maybe asking nicely will improve my chances :happy:

Also don’t know how to feel about koffee (coffee?) atm.
 
If you think I was just discussing when he's been a wolf without reason, you missed the point. That was a small part of the larger discussion, which was about his reaction to cray's vote and posts...i.e. his play in this game. These things were brought up because it was what he was using to defend.
What are you trying to gather from Stagg-Cray interactions? Do you think Cray is wolfy?