This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time does the email come? I’ve woken up uncharacteristically early
It is suppose to be 1pm ET if NRMP can keep it together today :beat:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Research + contacts + observerships + stronger letters > rest (in my opinion)
I agree. Hands on rotations (Great LORs), some reasearch, community work and networking is huge. However if you need a visa, or failed a previous exam, Step 3 will help boost you as PDs will have less to worry about.

Reactions: 1 user
I am a non-us IMG with YOG>15 and extensive research and volunteer experiences in US. I did not match this cycle with 2 interviews. I will try to improve my application and apply again for next cycle. I believe a long gap in my clinical experience and lack of US hands-on experience is my weak point. I am looking at the Structured-Preceptorship program at Drexel. Physician Refresher/Re-entry Program Structured Preceptorship - College of Medicine

I hope you could give your thoughts on the following questions:
- Could anyone who attended it or heard about it give any feedback on merit of this program?
- Could any PDs on this thread could give any advice on value of this program in application? I personally see it a more structured training experience than other paid externships.
- The tuition is $7,000 for 6 weeks. Is this worth it, as I could use the fund to do three cheaper observerships?

Thank you for your input!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone for Match Day! Haven't posted much but I've been reading the forum throughout the trail. Hope everyone gets where they want to go!

Reactions: 2 users
<2 hours! It’s been a wild ride guys. So proud of each and every one of you guys. Congratulations!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Best of luck to each and everyone of us! Hope we all match into our top choice!

Reactions: 3 users
10 more minutes. so close

Members don't see this ad :)
got my number 1! It’s been real kids woo hoo time to celebrate

Reactions: 12 users
Got my number 1!!! So happy!

Reactions: 11 users
No 3 I’m pretty bitterly disappointed at my no1, they really filled me full of promises

Reactions: 8 users
MATCHED MY #2 PROGRAM. UNIVERSITY BASED PROGRAM!!! I never in my wildest dreams thought I would end up at such a good program. Thank you so much to everyone in this community!!

Reactions: 9 users
No 3 I’m pretty bitterly disappointed at my no1, they really filled me full of promises

Congrats nonetheless, this is why you never ever believe or take a PD at their word. Lies are the name of the game

I am sure this thread will be referred to a million times by future applicants. Here goes:

Step 1: 23x
Step 2: 25x
Step 2 CS: Pass first attempt
Step 3: pending
YOG: 2016 (IMG)
EC activities: I made sure I didn't sit idle since grad and worked towards beefing up my CV doing all sorts of volunteer work, research ...etc
Visa: Permanent resident
Interviews: First time applicant. Applied to around 160 programs. Got 13 interviews. Attended 12 interviews and all pre-interview dinners. Ranked them all. DID NOT send out thank you e-mails.
Matched to my first choice (university program). Didn't think I'd match there. It is probably true that the match algorithm favors applicants. Rank programs where you want to match as opposed to where you think you'd match.

Happy to answer any questions

Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
What happens if I choose not to go into the program that I matched? Will there be no chance to reapply next year?
you have to go. The match results are binding.you could get sued. Why did you rank it if you knew you'd rather go unmatched?

Reactions: 1 users
you have to go. The match results are binding.you could get sued. Why did you rank it if you knew you'd rather go unmatched?
I personally have no problem going to that program at all, even glad, but somehow my SO and family members got so frustrated and trying to persuade me not to go, try again next year, or rather stay at my home country. I don’t know why I should feel this way when I should be celebrating. It’s frustrating

Congratulations everyone! I am going to YALE! :soexcited:I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!

Reactions: 16 users
I personally have no problem going to that program at all, even glad, but somehow my SO and family members got so frustrated and trying to persuade me not to go, try again next year, or rather stay at my home country. I don’t know why I should feel this way when I should be celebrating. It’s frustrating
Hey this moment is about you. You put in the work, and if you are happy then thats all that matters. Go celebrate and be happy for the next part of your journey. Think about all the people that would die to be in your position! Be proud, make the most of this opportunity you earned and be thankful. Congratulations!

I agree. Hands on rotations (Great LORs), some reasearch, community work and networking is huge. However if you need a visa, or failed a previous exam, Step 3 will help boost you as PDs will have less to worry about.

I have average Step Scores
Step 1 - 228
Step 2 - 227
Step 2 CS - Pending
Have had a 10 week Research Fellowship at UW-Madison, with a paper published in Science from there.
2 months of USCE and 1 month of Observership.
I do need a visa.

If you were in my position, would you advise to write Step 3? Considering that there will be some prep time involved with it.
Thank you for all your help! I greatly appreciate it.

Do not listen to your SO and family members. They have no idea what they are talking about. There will be no trying next year. Celebrate and go to your programs. Go CELEBRATE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.