Iowa State c/o 2023 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone remind me of how ISU notifies of your status? Do they email, call (the latter if accepted)?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend who was accepted last year didn’t get a phone call only an email stating there was a status update on her portal.
Depends is the answer then I suppose. I got an email in the morning and then I got a phone call later that day, but they also offered me a scholarship when they called so idk.

Don’t be pessimistic! I’m a firm believer that what you think will manifest itself in your life! Think positive!

Is this your first cycle applying?
First time really applying to multiple schools. Second time applying overall but first was only IS

Reactions: 1 user
First time really applying to multiple schools. Second time applying overall but first was only IS
Oops sent the post too early, but I meant to say yeah we can do it and we just gotta believe we’ll get in where we’re supposed to. Iowa is my last school to hear from this cycle so I’m dying with you.

Oops sent the post too early, but I meant to say yeah we can do it and we just gotta believe we’ll get in where we’re supposed to. Iowa is my last school to hear from this cycle so I’m dying with you.

I am dying with ya’ll! this has been the longest wait...less than a month away!

We can start the Netflix banter again to keep everyone pre-occu-pado. So I finished Breaking Bad again, and again, I found it to be a great show. I don't know what would change my opinion about the show (except for if somehow they miraculously failed at a putting together another worthwhile spin-off [Better Call Saul is fantastic so I have confidence]). That said, I just watched Netflix's documentary on the Fyre Festival. Man, what a great story. I loved every bit of it because I despise the #influencerlyfe. I have failed at watching Castlevania because King of the Hill has returned to streaming on Hulu and it's the show of my formative (read awkward) years. Seeing it with fresh eyes has been...refreshing, yup.

Its a kid show but any 90s kids would enjoy carmen san Diego. If you have prime video watch batman and harley Quinn for the fact its drawn like the 90s animated series but pokes fun at it. Bird box wasnt that great but I do recommend venom.

We can start the Netflix banter again to keep everyone pre-occu-pado. So I finished Breaking Bad again, and again, I found it to be a great show. I don't know what would change my opinion about the show (except for if somehow they miraculously failed at a putting together another worthwhile spin-off [Better Call Saul is fantastic so I have confidence]). That said, I just watched Netflix's documentary on the Fyre Festival. Man, what a great story. I loved every bit of it because I despise the #influencerlyfe. I have failed at watching Castlevania because King of the Hill has returned to streaming on Hulu and it's the show of my formative (read awkward) years. Seeing it with fresh eyes has been...refreshing, yup.

I really enjoyed the series Travelers which I binged watched in 1 week. Also really enjoyed the Good Girl series that is new to CBS.
Also the classics like Parks and Rec and the office. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished watching “You” on Netflix and found it creepy but enjoyable. It definitely made me want to delete all of my social media accounts. I just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday so I’m looking for all of the good movie/tv show suggestions you guys can provide!

I'm currently rewatching "New Girl" for the third time!! :)

The Good Doctor on Hulu is really good!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know what service I can find House on? Was one of my favorite shows, but they took it off of Netflix a while ago

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Anyone know what service I can find House on? Was one of my favorite shows, but they took it off of Netflix a while ago

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
It is on Amazon prime video!!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, if I need to get out of a hole or rut, I'll watch Parks and Rec or The Office. Just such warm, touching shows. What's Outlander? I've never heard of it before. (I could Google it but that wouldn't make for keeping my mind off my application for long enough.)

I really enjoyed the series Travelers which I binged watched in 1 week. Also really enjoyed the Good Girl series that is new to CBS.
Also the classics like Parks and Rec and the office. Lol

did anyone else just get a mini heart attack about that fall transcript reminder message that was posted on our portal ‍♀️

Reactions: 9 users
did anyone else just get a mini heart attack about that fall transcript reminder message that was posted on our portal ‍

Yup, almost died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
did anyone else just get a mini heart attack about that fall transcript reminder message that was posted on our portal ‍♀️

YES! I was like ****...I definitely didn’t get in. I had my friend open the email when I got it on my phone.....3 week out thooooo.

It's like the moment this thread was trying to get our minds off of everything, badda boom badda bing, ISU pulls us right back into the thick of it. You think they could have sent an email more casually like the Visit Day emails. Those only provoke mild flutters. Are there any in-state students in this thread at all?

Lol that email did get me, but it also reminded me to check to make sure mine had been sent properly this time since I’d been having issues. And my GPA’s were higher so yay! :)

I had a mini heart attack. I checked this page before opening the message. They really had to post a transcript reminder on the message board, eh? :mad::nailbiting:

I had a mini heart attack. I checked this page before opening the message. They really had to post a transcript reminder on the message board, eh? :mad::nailbiting:
Lolllllll pretty sure we got many many many of those emails about them posting things on the message board last cycle. I think I got 5 of them during the time I was on the waitlist before I removed myself a little after the acceptance deadline.

I have been thinking about this a lot. More and more for sure, but I was hesitant to ask it. However, because this is all anonymous, what the hell: What are some of your back-up plans if this doesn't go the way we are all hoping? I am really at a loss of which direction I'd head or whether it's worth it to reapply. In my situation, I think only experience is holding me back, so another summer could really add up in hours for the next cycle. But I'm getting old.

On the supplemental application, did anyone put anything outside of college activities/awards if you took a gap year(s) or are non-traditional?

I limited my responses to things I did while in college, but I've had 2 gap years during which I've gained significant experience. Of course I discussed that on my VMCAS application, but I'm wondering if they skip over things if they aren't listed as most important on the supplemental.

I have been thinking about this a lot. More and more for sure, but I was hesitant to ask it. However, because this is all anonymous, what the hell: What are some of your back-up plans if this doesn't go the way we are all hoping? I am really at a loss of which direction I'd head or whether it's worth it to reapply. In my situation, I think only experience is holding me back, so another summer could really add up in hours for the next cycle. But I'm getting old.

Is this your first cycle applying?
I say retake some classes (if you need to), get more hours, & reapply. You may regret it if you don’t!
Also don’t limit yourself to certain schools. If I don’t get accepted into Iowa or Wisconsin, I’m going to SGU this fall.

don’t limit yourself to certain schools

Some people don't have a choice. I wouldn't assume people are limiting themselves because they apply to some schools and not others.

Some people don't have a choice. I wouldn't assume people are limiting themselves because they apply to some schools and not others.

Clearly I know that. I don’t know this person’s full story. They asked for our opinion on their situation and I gave them that. There wasn’t an “assumption.” I was putting that out there because some people DO limit themselves to certain schools for various reasons & some don’t.

I always mention this because I was once that person that was limiting myself by focusing on certain schools. If I hadn’t gotten over that, I wouldn’t have the options I have today.

I will be re-applying, this is my third cycle, but I haven't given in to defeat yet!
I'm already in the process of retaking general bio, because I'm old and it's a pre-req that will be over the limit to expire for many schools for me.
Aside from that I will be finishing my thesis for my MPH which will help next cycle as well. And of course continuing with gaining experience.

I just heard ISU is closing classes today and Wednesday. I wonder if they'll push the deadline back. Weather is getting the best of this application cycle it seems.

Also, I guess I wasn't thinking so much about my own situation, but wanted to hear from others. Maybe find some sort of inspiration since yes, it is my first time applying.

I just heard ISU is closing classes today and Wednesday. I wonder if they'll push the deadline back. Weather is getting the best of this application cycle it seems.

Also, I guess I wasn't thinking so much about my own situation, but wanted to hear from others. Maybe find some sort of inspiration since yes, it is my first time applying.

They are pretty good at communicating with us so, I think if there is a push back we will be notified...

& I understand! This process can be discouraging, but try to keep a positive mind!

Hey guys I just joined this forum. I applied to Iowa as OOS. Any news for anyone or are we still waiting until Feb? The wait is seriously brutal.

Hey guys I just joined this forum. I applied to Iowa as OOS. Any news for anyone or are we still waiting until Feb? The wait is seriously brutal.
February 15th I think is the day we are all waiting for!

Reactions: 4 users