Iowa State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else’s portal switch to “Concluded- Alternate- No Response” that submitted an accept/decline form? I’m guessing they just haven’t gone through the responses yet and are flipping alternates over to the above beforehand but wanted to make sure
Mine says the same. I’m guessing they have to put everything in by hand again so might take a little bit.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else’s portal switch to “Concluded- Alternate- No Response” that submitted an accept/decline form? I’m guessing they just haven’t gone through the responses yet and are flipping alternates over to the above beforehand but wanted to make sure
Mine says the same!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, they must’ve done it within the past few hours cause i checked my portal around 3pm to see if there were any updates and nothing was changed

Members don't see this ad :)
Late to the game but OOS alternate from Georgia! Fingers crossed as I applied to 8 schools and was denied from 7.

I was planning on visiting at on their end of march date to see the university. Anyone else planning to go?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I am an oos alternate and I can’t decide if I want to go. It’s a lot of money and time to then potentially not get in.

I am an oos alternate and I can’t decide if I want to go. It’s a lot of money and time to then potentially not get in.
I get that. I would love to wait until they release waitlist positions to go, which would make the april 6th date ideal, but it conflicts with my schedule. But that way, you know your position and the odds of getting in.

I was thinking of maybe doing the 4/6 date if they release ranks/things seem promising and there’s still spots open? But I just happened to be in Des Moines for work a few months ago and was able to drive around Ames and scope things out by moonlight so I’m not too pressed if it doesn’t work out that way

Was also considering the 4/6 date as an alternate! Is anyone bringing family? I don’t know how these things work lol would love some advice :) thanks !

The schedule is here: 2023-24 Applicant Events | Iowa State University

You can bring two guests! Some people come alone, some bring parents, some bring spouses. I wouldn't bring kids just because it's a long boring day for them. There are plenty of things to do in Ames with kids though if they have to travel with you.

Wear comfy shoes for the tour!

• Care
Not me convincing myself the email about a message in my portal meant I was being taken off the waitlist and not just them inviting me to the preview day 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know anything about the PhD, DVM program at ISU and if you can still get in after being waitlisted? I am on the alternate list and applied for the dual degree program originally.

My portal says the same thing. I submitted my accept form and received confirmation!

Does anyone know anything about the PhD, DVM program at ISU and if you can still get in after being waitlisted? I am on the alternate list and applied for the dual degree program originally.
Pretty sure you can decide to do dual degree after starting school. I didn’t even know they let you apply as dual degree.

Members don't see this ad :)
Current VM1 at ISU - I'm not doing the PhD program but am doing the DVM-MS program. You could message them via your portal to see, but for me, I applied to the dual degree in the late fall/early spring of this year so I don't think it would impact anything!

My portal has updated to Concluded - Alternate - Remaining on Alternate List !!

Reactions: 4 users
Late to the game but OOS alternate from Georgia! Fingers crossed as I applied to 8 schools and was denied from 7.

I was planning on visiting at on their end of march date to see the university. Anyone else planning to go?
OOS Alternate! Going on 4/06 to visit!

OOS waitlist, going to visit on March 23rd. Anyone else on the OOS waitlist going??

how many of y’all are oos, got accepted and are planning to decline your seat?

I was OOS denied and my portal says Below Committee review cut off(phase 2). Does anyone know what that means?

I was OOS denied and my portal says Below Committee review cut off(phase 2). Does anyone know what that means?
This means you met the initial academic review which is phase one but ultimately did not make it past the phase 2 which is committee review of further application materials

Reactions: 1 users
Declining my OOS seat! Hopefully someone receives good news soon!

thank you to everyone declining their seats already! us waitlisters are thankful :) best of luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
does anyone know if there is a chance to be pulled off the waitlist before we get our ranking on March 31? I just feel like those that were ranked up to maybe #10 would already be able to be pulled off

does anyone know if there is a chance to be pulled off the waitlist before we get our ranking on March 31? I just feel like those that were ranked up to maybe #10 would already be able to be pulled off
I feel like it may be possible between March 15 and March 31 bc that’s when we have to say we want to be alternates or not. They probably won’t pull anyone until they know who their entire group of alternates is going to be

I’m assuming they can’t rank until after 3/15 since that’s the deadline for letting them know about remaining on the list and that it’ll take them at least a bit to do so, but unsure about any potential small amount of lag time after that

I asked this on the C/O 2027 forum and got some good answers if you want to search it! But essentially the answer was no lol

OOS alternate! But I am declining my alternate position since I got into UPenn. Hopefully this helps those of you on the alternate list since the list moves quite a bit!

I can’t be the only one that is more anxious now waiting for my rank on the waitlist than waiting for decisions to come out in the first place.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Do we really think that they’ll send out waitlist positions on March 31? It’s a Sunday and Easter.

Do we really think that they’ll send out waitlist positions on March 31? It’s a Sunday and Easter.
The alternate message says BY march 31st, so maybe they'll do it a few days earlier due to that? but certainly not later than that

Anyone know if there was accepted/alternate days last year or not too? I double checked my emails and I was not invited to one last year but was this year, as someone who has been waitlisted both cycles. My parents are convinced that this is a good sign that I have been invited (thus higher up on the waitlist) since I didn't get invited last year. I'm convinced that there just wasn't one last year lol.

Anyone know if there was accepted/alternate days last year or not too? I double checked my emails and I was not invited to one last year but was this year, as someone who has been waitlisted both cycles. My parents are convinced that this is a good sign that I have been invited (thus higher up on the waitlist) since I didn't get invited last year. I'm convinced that there just wasn't one last year lol.

i would try asking this on the iowa c/o 2027 thread!

I was invited 2 cycles ago when I was on the waitlist and I was superrrr low (236/265)--this was 2021-2022 cycle. I didn't apply last cycle so I can't say anything to that, but just wanted to throw that out there.

EDIT: also wanted to add for anyone like me who was scouring the past pages for data on people who reapplied and how it changed, I went from being 236/265 on the waitlist to being outright accepted this year after I upped my science pre-req GPA and my last 45.

Reactions: 2 users