It's a WWildlife

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Told you I was just a tuna fish, hopefully I was tasty:(

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry guys, I just woke up...lemme reread what happened...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yummm sushi... Oops that's not very nice! :p

turnaround for this game is QUICK! Good lord, night was (possibly) like .35 seconds long.

Are the results pending longer than the actual night? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
This might be a little difficult to explain, but night has ended, and in a way that is not like any other WW night has ended.

Let us start with WildcatJ. Wildcat J is Red Algae, you know, the slimy stuff that kept on attacking orcagirl. Well, Wildcat J is classified as a microbe amongst the wolves, and she is a member of the Sea Group wolves pack that included at the start Nordicat, Sheeps :)eek:, a wolf?), and DSMoody. She is the sole remaining wolf of the sea group wolves. She intends to follow trematode and see what she is up to... and after that... she has a kill target in mind, that target is LissaRae06.

Trematode, is an adorable Meerkat.. Always on guard. She is classified as a bug eater among wolves, and she is a member of the desert group wolves that included dead wolves cuitl and devyn and some live wolves, zanydogz, the honey badger, classified as a predator wolf, who once again sets a trap, but no one ever seems to attack her, and Lissarae06. Trematode has been instructed by her wolf pack to kill FTB.

Lissarae06 is a thermophillic bacteria that is the offspring of Devyn's asexual reproduction. Of course she is classified as a microbe. She has been commanded by her wolf pack to replicate tonight asexually (sorry to her husband on that one)...

We can see that the desert wolves have done quite well for themselves with 3 members left, unlike the sky wolves that were completely wiped out consisting of SnS, kaydubs, Orca2011, and Jamrockin.

Finally we get to PetPony, the deer we all know. She is another "bug-eater" classification as inaccurate as these classifications are, and she is the sole survivor of the mountain wolves that included abber wolfspeaker and nohika. Petpony has decided to kill wildcat tonight.

Oh, but there were 4 other players.
DocE the dinosaur had a 3 night engagement to cause chaos before going extinct.

Orcagirl and DVMDream were man and woman, both being killed.

And lastly, we have FTB, a visitor to our game, who came as a replacement Man. FTB has a plan in mind for lissarae so let's just proceed and see what happens. (I bet you don't know yet... c'mon bet me!)...

WildcatJ heads to follow trematode, trematode is out looking for FTB, FTB is looking for lissarae, Petpony is looking for wildcat, so we suddenly find 5 of our 6 remaining players in the same exact spot.... (poor zany sitting home alone).

Here we have Lissarae06 trying to reproduce surrounded by a bunch of pervs watching her. Maybe it is performance anxiety, maybe it is her inferior copy of DNA relative to Devyn's, or maybe it was just a bad spin of the RAND() function in excel, but Lissarae06 fails at replicating herself. At the mercy of all these huge creatures around her, FTB goes over to her, gives her a little bacteria food, provides her with some dead viruses to play with and mesmerizes her into being a domestic bacteria. Without quite knowing what she is doing or why, Lissarae agrees and becomes a domesticated bacteria. In fact, if LissaRae was asked by her fellow wolves in the morning what happened, she would have no idea and just find out she failed at her role:eek:!

Wildcat, watching this creepy event occurring, decides she wants nothing to do with these unnatural pairings and launches herself at Lissarae. A cat fight ensues (or a microbe fight to be more accurate). Their little cilia, and pseudopods flailing away... It is kind of cute in a way. Unfortunately, microbes cannot kill each other in this world, Microbes can only be killed by bug eaters or bugs (and antibiotics, but that never seemed to happen).. Wildcatj is eventually worn out and starts to slime away defeated.

PetPony sees her chance, and licks what little is left of Wildcat as a snack, and so Wildcat is killed.

PetPony has the blood lust in her, and is pissed that SOV stole her game idea, so she decides to launch herself at FTB. And she uses her hoovers, and her tail, and body slams her, but bug eaters can't kill humans, only microbes can kill humans, and PetPony has killed the last undomesticated microbe in the game. PetPony vows she will not give up, she will use the shotgun, and the napalm, and the antibiotics, and the mutant DNA, but none of those things kill MAN, they were created by man, and may wound him, but never kill him.

PetPony is sobbing.. .And then FTB whistles and Zany comes over from her home, and Lissarae peaks out, and Trematode comes out. The 3 domesticated animals, that have been stripped of their autonomy by man (but not by Woman) and surround PetPony...

Petpony says she would rather die than be domesticated. "Kill me FTB," she screams. "But I can't" says FTB, "humans never once killed in this game... Sure we were the evil, and the wolves were the villagers, but we just slowly took away your freedom, and let you kill yourselves. You kill my pet tuna, but he was good eating.. And I won't kill you.... but my honey badger will surely be able to...Zany, since PetPony won't join us, do your thing" And even though Zany has been converted, she still doesn't give a damn, and rips PetPony to pieces, and deer steak is on the menu.

And so EVIL has triumphed in this game over the good wolves of the wild. I warned you that killers were not evil, and you ignored my advice, and you let the cold-hearted humans rule the wwild.

As a side note, I must say I was disappointed that 2 characters never got to enter the game due to a lack of transferable players from the SDN game. There was supposed to be an alien that could take over the human and win for the aliens, and a Guard dog that could keep the aliens at bay.

Oh and there were some other complications for another day...

I have to leave to meet MrsSOV in princeton, so hopefully later we can post more information...

Sorry to hit and run.

I hope you enjoyed playing...

Sky Wolves wolf kill
3- SnS Eagle protect
2- orca2011 Pigeon origin of attacker
4-kaydubs Butterfly investigate
1- Jamr0ckin Coronavirus actions of player

Sea Wolves wolf kill
3- nordicat Shark protect
1- sheeps Tuna origin of attacker
4- DSmoody Beetle investigate
3- wildcatj Algae actions of player

Desert Wolves wolf kill
5- zanydogz Badger protect
5- Trematode Meerkat origin of attacker
3- cuitlamiztli Scorpion kill attacker/investigate
1- devyn Thermo Bact procreate
Lissarae thermo Bact procreate

Mountain Wolves wolf kill
4- abber Bear protect
2- PP Deer origin of attacker
4- Wolfspeaker Tick investigate
- nohika Fluke captain higgins

Humans
FTB Man domesticate
2- DVM Man domesticate
2- Orcagirl Woman 3x protect. + mate + observe

Other Roles
DocE Dino 1 kill Alien make humans pod people
Guard Dog protect humans from aliens

Hahaha. So Man was truly the wolves and everyone else just thought they were?

:wow: Totally did not see that coming. Great game SOV!

YES!!! Man wins!! haha... I wish that I had been able to get with orcagirl before I died, but it did not happen. I had no idea who was the woman, would have been cool if we had been able to get together... I domesticated Trematode and would have been able to get information from her without her knowing, but I died. Oh well, didn't even know that MAN was what was considered evil... Great Game, SOV!! :D

Freaking awesome game. I guessed on day 2 that we were all told we were wolves. That was AMAZING. And way fun! Great concept SOV.

:wow: Also trematode:mad: well played you little liar on getting me lynched;) And to think I was only a lowly tuna fish

:laugh:

I knew we were all wolves!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!

FOR FECKS SAKE SOV!!!!!

Well played my friend......

great game... one hell of a mind feck for sure.....

must survive to drink more whiskey tonight

Hahahah this is what I sort of expected when we weren't allowed a conversion and my poor little wolf pack kept getting lynched off....:rolleyes:

Good game guys!

:wow: Also trematode:mad: well played you little liar on getting me lynched;) And to think I was only a lowly tuna fish

I was told that when man domesticated someone that other person would not even know they were domesticated. So, I don't think Trematode even knew that she had been domesticated.

And here I was, thinking I was a better wolf than last time.. :laugh:

And here I was, thinking I was a better wolf than last time.. :laugh:

I feel you. Here I was, thinking "yay I get to be a wolf for the first time" only to find that man was the evil in this game.

YES!!! Man wins!! haha... I wish that I had been able to get with orcagirl before I died, but it did not happen. I had no idea who was the woman, would have been cool if we had been able to get together... I domesticated Trematode and would have been able to get information from her without her knowing, but I died. Oh well, didn't even know that MAN was what was considered evil... Great Game, SOV!! :D

I kept searching for the man, but I wasn't so good at choosing who to investigate. I kind of saw the humans being evil thing. I even asked SOV if being a human was good or bad. He just told me it should be apparent at face value. Then I was even more confused. If I had lived another night or two I was going to investigate FTB and maybe we could have had a little baby human. :D I was pretty happy with my role. I could protect, investigate, and create new players!

And wildcat totally lied to me. :mad: Never again will I change my vote away from wildcat if I have any kind of evidence against her. :p

And now a major part of my game isn't even that special anymore after this. :p

Haha. Yeah we thought that if we got you lynched we would win since there would be 3 of us vs 3 "villagers" left.

And wildcat totally lied to me. :mad: Never again will I change my vote away from wildcat if I have any kind of evidence against her. :p

Haha oh man. I almost felt bad, but then I was proud of myself :D

Stopped at MrsSOV's apartment.. here are some goodies.

Roles:

Man. You are the only man in the jungle. You have 2 jobs….to try to repopulate the human species, and to domesticate the wild animals/wolves. Each night you can pick one player to attempt to domesticate. Not all animals are safe to domesticate, some you will need items to protect you, some you can domesticate, some will harm you. If you “domesticate” the woman, you can PM together, and you can mate and revive a dead player as a member of the human species.

Woman. You are the only woman in the jungle. You are able to protect 3 nights during the game. Your job is to search for the man and re-populate the species. Each night you can pick one player to observe and learn about (investigate). Once you have found “man” you can, PM with him, mate and create a new player as your baby. There is a one day/night pregnancy before the player can join the game. Babies are fragile and can very easily die, they need protection. Babies spend 2 days/nights vulnerable once they join the game. You can use your protection on a baby or on man, or any other player including yourself. Once your baby has grown up, you can mate again.

Will add one more human if one is killed off.

Sky group:
Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus): You are the mighty and noble Bald Eagle. But you are also a ferocious bird of prey. Your talons are deadly weapons that strike with eerie precision IF you can see your prey. If you are not attacking you can protect one of the other members of your group (not yourself).

Rock Dove/Pigeon (Columba livia): You were once a content creature that lived happily along the rocky shores of the coast. Your homing abilities were world renown; you could find your homes from thousands of miles away. Now, you have become known as a nuisance. It is time to take your revenge and reclaim the title of Proud Pigeon. You can kill creatures considerably smaller than you, and you are able to find the origin of any attacker on your group with your homing powers.

Monarch Butterfly (Danaus plexippus): Your name alone is enough to claim the Royal throne of the insect world, but your aspirations are higher. Your beauty will only get you so far though, you will have to work with the other wolves to ascend to the title of Monarch of Kingdom Animalia. You live a fragile existence so BEWARE, but that is a valuable existence, as your beauty allows you to investigate a player at night.

SARS Coronavirus (Coronavirus SARS-CoV): You are a virus, your goal is nothing more than replication. Although it is definitely an added bonus that by spreading from one host to the next you are able to cause mass panic. You thrive on the mayhem your outbreaks cause. As such you can choose to be a deadly killer, or you can attach yourself onto another host/player and find out what actions they have taken at night. Of course, if your fellow wolves do not choose to use you, you will lie dormant.

Sea group:
Great White Shark (Carcharodon carcharias): What more needs to be said? You are the king predator of the ocean. Even pesky land dwellers quake in your presence. An awesome killer of prey you can catch, you can instead choose to protect one member of the sea from attack, for who would dare to attack near a great white?

Blackfin Tuna (Thunnus atlanticus): Although you are the smallest of the tuna family, you are far from the meekest. Your cunningness and sharp bite make you a admirable foe – villagers beware! You can consume smaller lifeforms for food, or you can use your intelligence to find the origin of any attacker on your group. Or if you fellow wolves don’t appreciate your talents, you can just float around the 7 seas…

Diving Beetle (Cybister japonicus): You may be small and vulnerable to attack, but don’t let appearances be deceiving. You have the benefit of being an insect that can dive into the water and still be safe, as such you are an excellent investigator, and can find out the role of one player each night and dive to safety, or you can take a risk and attack, but beware you have little strength for killing.

Red algae (Cyanidioschyzon merolae): Don’t let the term “primitive” fool you. You may be unicellular, but you are a huge threat to harmful to all. You are RED TIDE. You are what turns the waters red with destruction! You can kill life that is larger than you….or if you desire you can just stick to another player and see what they have been up to.

Desert group:
Honey Badger (Mellivora capensis): You do what you want – of course! No body messes with the Honey Badger. You are crazy, you’re not afraid of anything, but while this makes you an admirable foe, it can also be your downfall. Your craziness can be used to protect one member of your group, or it can be used to go honey badger on other creatures and kill them, but even honey badgers can’t kill EVERYBODY.

Meerkat (Suricata suricatta): You are very observant, always on watch and can kill when necessary. You may choose to be on guard duty and can note the origin of any attack on your pack.

Desert Scorpion (Leiurus quinquestriatus): You are known in many places as the “Death Stalker” or “Yellow Scorpion”, due to your yellow color. You produce the most dangerous venom of all your scorpion cousins, so although small, you strike fear in the hearts of all that come across you. You can investigate another player. You will kill any attacker who attacks you, unless you are using your ability to investigate or you are attacking. (to change things up I made this role a little different – what do you think).

Thermophilic Bacteria (Thermus aquaticus): You are a survivor, but that makes you deadly. Your chemical structure allows you to withstand many extremes, so you can do what bacteria does best – spread! You have very limited ability to kill, but also are very hard to kill yourself. You have a 50% chance of creating another thermophilic bacteria. Beware, while replicating and trying to create more bacteria you are more vulnerable to attack.

Mountain group:
Brown Bear (Ursus arctos): There are many names by which you call your self: Grizzly, Kodiak, Ultimate Killer of the world. Not afraid of any creature, you are an effective killer. You may protect choose to protect one of the other wolves in your pack.

White-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus): Your role is deceiving. On the outside you appear to be typical prey for the larger, stronger animals of the world, but you are not to be messed with. Your giant antlers can be deadly weapons. You can find the origin of any animal attacking your group. You can escape from large predator attacks.

Brown dog tick (Rhipicephalus sanguineus): You are the bane of dog owners world wide. Although you are merely looking for your next meal, your eating habits can be deadly by the spread of disease. By riding along on a host you can investigate one player each night, or try to kill who you can.

Liver Fluke (Dicrocoelium Dentriticum): You are not just any liver fluke, you are the mighty Captain Higgins! (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/captain_higgins) You not only have the power to take down large animals by destroying their livers, but you can also infect insects – you are truly an amazing killer parasite. So in honor of Captain Higgins, on the first night you use your role in Host #1 you can find out what another player is up to by hanging out in their digestive system. On the second night you use your role, you can take over a players actions, and have the same ability as that player. On the third night you use your role you have a 33% chance of killing a chosen host, otherwise you will disable their powers for a night. So you have 3 roles because you are the awesome Captain Higgins. .

I will add 2 dinosaurs to the game from the other game. The first 2 people to die in the SDN game that are not offspring for the humans will be the dinosaurs. They will live for only 3 cycles and then become extinct (you can pick their names if you want – make them killers).
You are a dinosaur. You and your fellow dinosaur may decide on 1 player to kill each night. You will live for a short time before becoming extinct, so feel free to play risky and enjoy your life.

I will add 2 aliens to the game from the other game. (you can name them)
You are an alien: Your job is to hunt down the humans and replace them. Each night select one person to target amongst you. If you find an animal they will “harm” you and block your action the next night. If you find a human, you will kill usurp their role and control them but you will be a pod person. They have to do whatever you say. And they will be silenced except for what you tell them to post. If either of the 2 aliens are alive at the end of the game, the aliens win. Each night one of you should PM me to determine who you want to target (you do not have to search if you don’t want to). That person will be “harmed”.

I will add a guard dog after the aliens. You are a guard dog. You protect humans from certain attacks. You will lose your protection for one night if you have guarded. You are the only one who can detect the presence of a certain player (you will have to figure out what that means). If a human is attacked you can determine what type of creature it is even if you can’t protect them. Each night let us know whether you want to protect a male or female human. We will randomly select which human to protect.

You are a Kronosaurus, a deadly marine dinosaur. You and your fellow dinosaur, (when one is added) may decide on 1 player to kill each night. You will live for a short time before becoming extinct, so feel free to play risky and enjoy your life. You are only out for yourselves, and cannot be killed by another player. You can be lynched though.

"Domesticate action blocked:
""You really want to kill ____ as the pack has asked, but something is
holding you back from doing so, and you decide to take the evening off
instead""."

items:
Protection items: (do not protect from domestication)
1) Anti-bacterial lotion: You have received anti-bacterial lotion…. It protects you from attack by bacteria
(Group D)
2) Fire: Prometheus has decided to give YOU fire, because men suck. It protects you from attack from many animals.
(Groups A&B)
3) Trap: You have figured out how to make a trap. It captures certain animals if you are attacked. What happens to trapped animals? Wouldn’t you like to know!
(Works against Groups A&B. They cannot vote or use powers)
4) Cave: You have discovered the cave. It gives you complete protection from all items and roles. BUT while in the cave you cannot perform any actions yourself. Will you hide and live or take a chance and survive.

Attacking items: (do not work on humans – only wound humans)
1) Napalm: You have received napalm. You can now kill any creature when attacking
(Except the desert bacteria, but only we know this)
2) Mutant DNA: You have received mutant DNA that has made you a more effective killer. Your chances of killing have increased.
(Adds one more group to the list you can kill. So if you get this and you are a predator for example. Normally you could not kill microbes, but this would allow you to kill microbes as well.)
3) Antibiotic: You have received antibiotics. These allow you to kills microbes… pesky little germs aren’t they.
4) Shotgun: You have received the shotgun. It allows you kill any large animal.
5) Testosterone: You have received a shot of testosterone and can claim “King of the Hill” status of your group. Do you dare to give in to your hormonal surge? Leadership has it advantages…. And its drawbacks.

Investigation items:
1) Flashlight: You have received the flashlight. It allows you to see what happened at night in any group
2) Pheremones: You have received pheremones. You can mark any player with these pheremones and track their movements and activities for 2 nights
3) Vomeronasal organ: You have received the vomeronasal organ. We finally know exactly what this organ does. It senses when an animal has been "converted" (or its equivalent in this game). By receiving this item you also learn that conversions can occur to wolves or villagers. Mind-blowing isn't it. You may not disclose the two-way nature of conversions on the thread or in PMs. That is your privilege only for having a vomeronasal organ.
4) Chemokines: You have received chemokines. Although chemokines are mainly known for their role in the immune system in the body, they also have amazing affects outside of the body. Choose one player to tag with your chemokines and if they are EVER converted, you will "sense" the conversion.
took out: "to good or evil from their current orientation" after the term EVER converted above since this item doesn't have the disclaimer the other one (VO) does
5) DNA Swab: You have received a DNA swab that you can send into the SDN genetics lab to get analyzed. DNA tests are extremely accurate, but user errors can occur.
(When they get results: sorry, but your lab technician went out drinking with Devyn last night, and could only match your sequence to the genus level, the genus was ______)

Silly items:
1) Magic Mushrooms: You have been wandering the world for so long you forgot to eat, you happen upon some mushrooms and eat them. Oops… they are magic mushrooms. All your posts must be in flashing messages and large font in multiple colors.

The funny thing is that I had the trap for the ENTIRE game. I used it EVERY night and not a SINGLE person attacked me.

hahaha so DocE COULD be lynched! And yeah, my group had a feeling we were all "wolves" after Jam let her little beyond-the-grave outburst slip :p

This was the first full game I was a "wolf," I only killed one person, AND it was the first time I ever got lynched. Nuts to that!

Thanks for letting me co-mod with you Papa Mod. It was a GREAT game. It was definitely tricky to mod. So many rules about who could kill who. But it was a lot of fun watching your reactions. People definitely don't talk much when you all think you're wolves.

I have to admit, dicrocilium was my fave (captain higgens). But it was really fun coming up with all roles. I thought for sure you would all.know right away. Especially when no one was complaining about no PMing.

Glad you had fun!!

We thought there was a second wolf pack, but never had the idea of everyone being wolves. :laugh:

I am SO confused. I am domesticated? Who won?? :p

Awesome mods!

After Jam's 'messup,' I was like, OMGWTF. We have AT LEAST two groups of wolves...maybe more.

After Jam's 'messup,' I was like, OMGWTF. We have AT LEAST two groups of wolves...maybe more.

Yeah, with that I was like WTF? But with groups of 4 it sounded really improbable that we would have two full groups. So that's when I had my nutty idea that we were all wolfs. Haha.

Okay, that was amazing to read the roles and everything. SOV, you are one tricky mod. :laugh:

So if I would have joined the game, I would've been an alien? Damn, I should've joined!

I am SO confused. I am domesticated? Who won?? :p

Awesome mods!

It was a last minute decision before the game started that domesticated animals would not know they had been domesticated. At the end, if there were more domesticated animals and a human still alive they would win. It was tricky though, because we never told the humans they were evil. Instead we told EVERYONE else they were the bad ones...quite a few moving parts behind the scenes, but SO much fun. I am bittersweet it is over:p

So I guess the bad guys won in this game since terms like "wolf" were all arbitrary since technically you were really all on the same side. Just didn't know it

This was a tough game to mod, and 2 at once. Oy vey!

I was so run down this week trying to keep up.

I thought it would be a good idea to have 2 smaller games.... Some of my ideas really suck ya know.

Thanks Packen.

When the other game is over, we can probably put up the google sheet with all the days activities, but right now they are all together. I am sure the villagers in SDN would love to see that.. Sorry guys..

This was a tough game to mod, and 2 at once. Oy vey!

I was so run down this week trying to keep up.

I thought it would be a good idea to have 2 smaller games.... Some of my ideas really suck ya know.

Thanks Packen.

When the other game is over, we can probably put up the google sheet with all the days activities, but right now they are all together. I am sure the villagers in SDN would love to see that.. Sorry guys..

What the heck were you thinking "smaller"? Might have been fewer people than what we've been doing but WAY complicated!

Yeah, I don't think "smaller" was the problem here, try "there are 4 groups who each think they're the wolves and there are insane hierarchies for who each of them can kill." :p I'll be looking forward to that spreadsheet, though!

Yeah, I don't think "smaller" was the problem here, try "there are 4 groups who each think they're the wolves and there are insane hierarchies for who each of them can kill." :p I'll be looking forward to that spreadsheet, though!

Pretty much this. :laugh: The night I died my group got both of our kills! I think it was like the first or second for us. :laugh:

Thought you might be interested... these were the "rules" for killing..

.1. ..Mammal predators (A), can kill animals of type a, b, c. (50% chance being killed, 75% killing).
.2. ..Insect eaters (B) can kill bugs(c) or microbes(d). (50% chance being killed, 50% killing).
.3. ..Bugs (c) can kill microbes(d) and other bugs (75% being killed, 50% chance of killing).
.4. ..Microbes(D) can kill A, B, or C. (50% chance being killed, 75% chance of killing) Only microbes can kill humans.
. Dinosaur: Can kill anybody, can't be killed.
. Humans: Can't kill anybody, can domesticate everybody.