Madagascar WWildlife (A Basics Game!) - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Night 5

1623328611477.png

In the wee hours of the morning, Sir David found himself sleepily rubbing his eyes. He'd been out the entire night with the camera searching for a particularly elusive lemur. Although he hadn't found a trace of the unusual looking lemur, he didn't feel quite as disheartened; this lemur was particularly difficult to locate, to the point that it was thought to be extinct for many years. Some small colonies had been discovered relatively recently, but seeing them in the wild was notoriously challenging. He was disappointed, but vowed to continue the search at some point in the trip. In the meantime, he was going to record the voiceover about the lemur for when he did find it.

"Everything about this lemur is unusual, from her method of finding food to her appearance. She has 6 digits on her front paws, one being extraordinarily long, and one as a pseudothumb that she uses to grip trees. She uses her long finger to tap on trees and help locate grubs to eat, although she'll also eat honey and fruit.

In Malagasy culture, it was once thought that these lemurs were harbingers of evil, and they were killed on sight. Attitudes have changed and these lemurs are now a protected species."

Sir David pressed the record button to stop, and turned the camera off with a shake of his head. It was time for him to catch a few hours of sleep before he resumed his activities in Madagascar. Climbing in the mountains every day was taking a toll on him.

Meanwhile, the animals were feeling relieved after catching another of their hunters the night before. They felt like they had a fighting chance to turn things around and stop the nighttime disappearances. When they reached their morning meeting spot, they noticed that one of their members, who was often there first, was nowhere to be seen. She was nocturnal, so it wasn't a case of oversleeping and running late. They'd seen her just the day before - in fact, she'd led the push against the mouse lemur for days. Her disappearance was unnerving, and the remaining animals knew they were going to need to band together and fight hard to find the remaining perpetrators.

Vanished is @WildZoo, the aye-aye and a vanillager.

6 players remain.

5. samac --> @Cyndia
6. @Viscernable
10. @BobLoblaw78
14. @vetmedhead
15. mayo --> @Crayola227
16. genny --> @cubsrule4e

Set adrift/vanished:
3. @alleycat03, ring-tailed vontsira, vanillager
11. @Aprilthearab, Verreaux's sifaka, vanillager
12. @Zenge142, nano-chameleon, vanillager
4. @Lawpy, Indri, vanillager
2. @Stroganoff, lowland streaked tenrec, VANILLA WOLF
9. @differentiating, giant leaf-tailed gecko, vanillager
13. @mkg323, Lac Alaotra gentle lemur, vanillager
1. @Animal Midwife, diademed sifaka, vanillager
8. @PippyPony, pygmy mouse lemur, VANILLA WOLF
7. @WildZoo, aye-aye, vanillager

It is now Day 6. Vote will close at 9pm EDT (~12 hours).

Reminder that if you wish to abstain from voting, you must post a correctly formatted no vote vote.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Alright, wheres the village people??? *cue YMCA meme*

Ok, so given where we are i think im going to start with VMH today. With physical evidence in the VCA and 2 wolf reads by darn solid villagers, being down to this many players i think puts her at the top for me. I never had the "feels" for her like some others, but her tactile guile abilities are off the charts and ive been fooled many times before. Also, I dont like the shade she threw at me yesterday about forgetting I was playing when Ive been contributing throughout the day every day with mostly solid content posts. Maybe laying the foundation for a classic cubs misyeet.

Bob is probably next for me, with what appears to me a big shift in tone and style mid game, throwing out a lot to maybe appear to be contributing, with some of it making sense and some not. Never played with him so this could be NAI, but its possible he also changed strategies as soon as a packmate went down.

Im willing to discuss cyndia, but at this point only because i dont think its impossible she had pippy could be w/w. Cray I dont have much for but if anyone has a compelling argument, please speak up. Vis is off the board for me, strong village.

Remember to get votes in early for discussion, and we need a consensus well before close to prevent any waffling wolfy shenanigans.

yeet VMH

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m split on cubs vs meats. I believe there is probably one wolf between them and probably one wolf between bob and crayo. Not ruling out w/w but I believe there are other people cubs could be pushing without needing to bus as they only need 1 more misyeet.

Let's simplify this.

Vis has been village read from the first and is out of POE.
Cyndia was not compatible with Pippy and is out of the POE.
Cray and Mayo seemed village to me. But if you disagree, I believe the boat has sailed on voting her off today as most likely wolf. If someone wants to push her, then at the very least it should wait until tomorrow and don't waste the time today.

That leaves vmh, cubs and me.

Of course, I don't think I am a wolf and won't patronize you. It does sorta hurt my feelings. If I was a wolf I am not sure I would have went about it this way and would not be doing a very good job.

That leaves cubs and vmh, and hopefully it doesn't matter what order it is voted in, but now more than ever it matters that we get the most wolfy and reassess tomorrow when I will be arguing for my life.

Let's simplify this.

Vis has been village read from the first and is out of POE.
Cyndia was not compatible with Pippy and is out of the POE.
Cray and Mayo seemed village to me. But if you disagree, I believe the boat has sailed on voting her off today as most likely wolf. If someone wants to push her, then at the very least it should wait until tomorrow and don't waste the time today.

That leaves vmh, cubs and me.

Of course, I don't think I am a wolf and won't patronize you. It does sorta hurt my feelings. If I was a wolf I am not sure I would have went about it this way and would not be doing a very good job.

That leaves cubs and vmh, and hopefully it doesn't matter what order it is voted in, but now more than ever it matters that we get the most wolfy and reassess tomorrow when I will be arguing for my life.

Do you actually have reasons to vote for me or am i just "whats left over" hanging out in your POE? Same question to @Viscernable. So far i havent really seen any actual substantive arguments for me other than the thing about me voting for the same person as genny, which is kinda weak sauce when you really think about it. People have been sussing over VMH for days but are now kind of hedging their bets.

Vis, cubs/meats vs bob/cray, which pairing do you think has the more obvious wolf? Is cyndia completely cleared for you?

• Hmm
Did a mayo iso and **** looks downright dire but i almost feel there’s TOO much interaction with and defense of pippy and strog for him to be wolfing. haven’t typed it as I need to ISO genny, cubs, and meats first before coming to a decision today

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Vis, cubs/meats vs bob/cray, which pairing do you think has the more obvious wolf? Is cyndia completely cleared for you?
Honestly not sure. Need to reread a lot. Cyndia isn’t completely clear but much more village than the rest.

Do you actually have reasons to vote for me or am i just "whats left over" hanging out in your POE? Same question to @Viscernable. So far i havent really seen any actual substantive arguments for me other than the thing about me voting for the same person as genny, which is kinda weak sauce when you really think about it. People have been sussing over VMH for days but are now kind of hedging their bets.

Something is there or ppl wouldn't have you there. I can't say there is a smoking gun but someone has to be voted (and that goes for myself too). Unfortunately, if it is not me and down to us three, then it has to be you and vmh. I am just going with most likely at this point and see what turns up tomorrow.

I feel like cyndia can't ever make sense with pippy. So even with samac ping, poor content or whatever that she is out of POE.

I don't like the seemingly uncaring tone or actions of vmh. I feel like they know they are "outed" and they are coasting out. Trying not to implicate the other wolf by saying too much or failing a reaction test. Maybe hoping the other wolf pulls it off. Or coasting b/c we are not considering the other wolf and they think they will win anyway even if we do vote vmh

Members don't see this ad :)
Did a mayo iso and **** looks downright dire but i almost feel there’s TOO much interaction with and defense of pippy and strog for him to be wolfing. haven’t typed it as I need to ISO genny, cubs, and meats first before coming to a decision today
Maybe, but I think there is a wolf among me/cubs/vmh. And unless there is amazing evidence then I say stick to at least one of the votes out of our trio tonight... if not a second tomorrow. FIrst things first

I have no takeaway from this rn but here’s pippy replying to bob defending z, found while isoing genny
Uhhh, well I def read that as some vindication and wish I had remembered it. But I guess you are worried about a manufactured statement from eons ago that almost appears as a throwaway? I was vocal about zenge making sense for many days

Don’t see a reason for wolf genny to question lawpy moving from me to mkg but also don’t see a reason for her not to. Wolves didnt try to push lawpy at any point. The only maybe-wolves to my recollection that voted me were mayo and meats and I don’t see any connection between this and them voting for me. They didn’t try to push mkg at this point and I feel if they were trying to one of them would have used Lawpy’s reply. However...
Her comments on samacs and WZ bother me (felt a bit hedgy) and less than usual activity i'd expect from village mkg.
... no response to lawpy’s reply. Maybe she was looking for something to use against lawpy or I and didn’t find it. It just feels weird to me that the question was one of few content posts she made and she didn’t go ANYWHERE with it. But village genny’s strategy is often beyond my understanding. So. In summary, i still can’t read genny.

no one can, because the vote doesnt make sense. the options on the table are alley, who wont be on at yeet close, but who has had odd posts, or Strog, who hasnt been on, and hasnt contributed anything really of substance. It really weirds me out how he is a front runner to yeet because there have been others with low content posts/no posts and they havent really been mentioned
to whom are you referring?
This looks better. I could see village genny’s line of reasoning being: interested in me, lawpy, and/or mkg -> question lawpy about the switch -> likes his reasoning on mkg -> question mkg about possibly defending strog and/or to see which lowposters she might shade when baited. That’s not to say that I couldn’t see this as genny trying to feel out mkg as a counterwagon to strog, but overall this feels more village to me.

She sounds like normal Pippy to me, which really doesn’t mean much at all. But she’s usually not this sloppy as a wolf. The sudden reversal on Strog was weird, and I don’t see her doing that as a wolf. I feel like she’d be less howly and more careful.
Certainly the most carefully-crafted of genny’s posts. I wouldn’t think she would volunteer a defense of her packmate like this but when directly questioned... what else can ya do.

• Hmm
Eh when I'm village I love to sheep village on leading wagons last minute, because I want the VCA cred if the person about to flip anyway is wolf, and I'm less concerned about optics. I also defended the Strog vote as not being wolfy and had an original thought supporting it (why I thought people might have expected see more from him). Wolfy me is much more careful about the appearance of bussing and puts votes in earlier. It's a bunch of WIFOM I know but it is an actual pattern of mine. It's more 50/50 if I decide to hop on the bus if I'm wolf.
?

Strog vote is lazy imo, seems like mostly a self prez vote that went off the rails
Self prez for what?
Okay yeah this is fair, strog hasn't really added a lot when he has popped in, content wise at least. Ngl some of the bitter tone in my posts may be related to being forced to spend like five days straight with my parents
Wait what the hell is vissy doing, I hate it
Wait what are you doing? I liked this but then I remembered you're voting for Lawp
So there’s the strog defense and the response to me having the same thoughts as she apparently did that still really troubles me. Not sure how much the pippy interaction weighs against that for me. I was struck rereading how she had a fair number of antagonistic interactions with strog and i think all the possible wolves.

Maybe, but I think there is a wolf among me/cubs/vmh. And unless there is amazing evidence then I say stick to at least one of the votes out of our trio tonight... if not a second tomorrow. FIrst things first
Bob you have no idea the mental gymnastics I am doing trying to deal with the fact that you are putting yourself forward as a wolfier candidate than crayo yet I’m not reading you two w/w (nothing strong against it but it’s one of the less likely combinations of bob/crayo/meats/cubny imo)

I had some unexpected plans come up tonight (a good friend is getting induced tomorrow for her first baby, and so she’s understandably nervous and I’m planning to bring her dinner in a little bit). So I’m not sure how much time I’ll be on tonight, and I would definitely be open to a no vote if discussions stays somewhat quiet.

Some of my thoughts - I was ruminating on bob further and I just don’t know if I’m just finding some of his play style choices wolfy or if theyre truly wolfy. Meaning I wasn’t sure how to take him including himself in the list of 3 unknown players in his recent posts. Felt a bit placating which read a bit wolfy to me. And I also was going back and forth on my interpretation of his last minute vote switch. It was between me and mkg at the time and it seems like an odd choice for a wolf to get involved with a flip between two villagers at the last second, except for that he did say after he felt guilty about mkg (why would he feel that way unless he knew it would be a misyeet?) and because it was a half typed entry and I wondered if it was an accidental post. Anyways, im finding him sketchy but not sure if im tunneling and I’m just wavering a bit on if I want to start with him today. I still think he is a possible wolf, but struggling to read him easily so it makes me want to start with one of my other top suspicions first and look at him again tomorrow.

I just did a quick meats iso and some of his earlier comments on pippy just really make me think hes likely wolfing. Haven’t iso’d genny/Cubs but will try to do that shortly.

• Hmm
Bob you have no idea the mental gymnastics I am doing trying to deal with the fact that you are putting yourself forward as a wolfier candidate than crayo yet I’m not reading you two w/w (nothing strong against it but it’s one of the less likely combinations of bob/crayo/meats/cubny imo)

Okay well im glad it’s not just me that found that really weird. I’m convincing myself in circles right now and feel like I’m about to choke hard lol.

Based on just mayo’s posts I want to go there. I am not 100% sure of it, I do feel there is a wolf between meats and cubny, and it seems like I won’t be able to convince others to go anywhere but meats or cubny.

cray doesn’t at all have the tone I’ve heard from wolf cray before, though. Still, there has been plenty of discussion on her past wolf tells recently so I wouldn’t be surprised if she changed it up, and I almost feel like she may be departing from her regular village tone in the opposite direction (less dispassionate instead of more dispassionate, more playful and humorous instead of less). It’s much harder to read her subbing since she’s admitted dealing with packmate interactions is often her tell, and coming in later gives fewer opportunities for her to have interacted with packmates, and she already would have already had a feeling for how they were being read before deciding whether and how to interact with them.

Some of my thoughts - I was ruminating on bob further and I just don’t know if I’m just finding some of his play style choices wolfy or if theyre truly wolfy. Meaning I wasn’t sure how to take him including himself in the list of 3 unknown players in his recent posts. Felt a bit placating which read a bit wolfy to me.
I do agree with this, but what do you make of his trio having both meats and cubs? I thought one of them would be his partner if he’s wolfing.

Based on just mayo’s posts I want to go there. I am not 100% sure of it, I do feel there is a wolf between meats and cubny, and it seems like I won’t be able to convince others to go anywhere but meats or cubny.

cray doesn’t at all have the tone I’ve heard from wolf cray before, though. Still, there has been plenty of discussion on her past wolf tells recently so I wouldn’t be surprised if she changed it up, and I almost feel like she may be departing from her regular village tone in the opposite direction (less dispassionate instead of more dispassionate, more playful and humorous instead of less). It’s much harder to read her subbing since she’s admitted dealing with packmate interactions is often her tell, and coming in later gives fewer opportunities for her to have interacted with packmates, and she already would have already had a feeling for how they were being read before deciding whether and how to interact with them.

Well it would be lovely if we could hear from both of them. I never said I wouldnt go for cray, I just think meats its the more definitive choice and since we have to get two correct in a row, the more cohesive the thoughts between us the better. The no vote is also an option.

I think it is close btwn cubs and vmh. Less posts by both. One subbed, one didn't. Genny obv had issues so I can't make much of that. Not sure if she would bail if wolfing like cubs said.

I don't like the seemingly uncaring tone of vmh. I feel like they know they are "outed" and they are coasting out. Trying not to implicate the other wolf by saying too much or failing a reaction test. Maybe hoping the other wolf pulls it off. Or coasting b/c we are not considering the other wolf and they think they will win anyway even if we do vote vmh

As for me, I have marched to the beat of my own drum from the first. See my previous games. I am doing the same thing this game. I don't like sheeping votes and that is why I end up going off and voting who I think. Someone said I changed tone and I don't have an answer outside of AM taking advantage of my niceness. So be it. I hurt myself trying to save mkg when it would have been easier to do nothing as a wolf. That was a panic reaction, but there was no reason to panic if I was a wolf. If there was, please tell me why I would care about mkg over meats/cyndia? I still read them both fairly vague and haven't changed. (Plus, as a wolf, I don't think I would have shared my read list with AM. Esp when she was rude about it. It felt like she was doubting I had them. And I don't remember how long it was between her asking and me posting them, but I don't think it would have been enough time to type them up. The whole thing left a bad taste and maybe that was the tone change. idk)

AM and Dubz said vmh. MKG had vmh before frantic switch. VMH has been on a lot of radars.
lol. Please feel free to take me out of the bottom three! Like I said earlier, it kinda hurts my feelings that my earnest effort is seen as wolf. But I don’t want to sidetrack the discussion by trying to remove myself. I just want to finish my first game and it be a win

• Hmm
I had some unexpected plans come up tonight (a good friend is getting induced tomorrow for her first baby, and so she’s understandably nervous and I’m planning to bring her dinner in a little bit). So I’m not sure how much time I’ll be on tonight, and I would definitely be open to a no vote if discussions stays somewhat quiet.

Some of my thoughts - I was ruminating on bob further and I just don’t know if I’m just finding some of his play style choices wolfy or if theyre truly wolfy. Meaning I wasn’t sure how to take him including himself in the list of 3 unknown players in his recent posts. Felt a bit placating which read a bit wolfy to me. And I also was going back and forth on my interpretation of his last minute vote switch. It was between me and mkg at the time and it seems like an odd choice for a wolf to get involved with a flip between two villagers at the last second, except for that he did say after he felt guilty about mkg (why would he feel that way unless he knew it would be a misyeet?) and because it was a half typed entry and I wondered if it was an accidental post. Anyways, im finding him sketchy but not sure if im tunneling and I’m just wavering a bit on if I want to start with him today. I still think he is a possible wolf, but struggling to read him easily so it makes me want to start with one of my other top suspicions first and look at him again tomorrow.

I just did a quick meats iso and some of his earlier comments on pippy just really make me think hes likely wolfing. Haven’t iso’d genny/Cubs but will try to do that shortly.
Well, I told everyone I wasn’t going to patronize them. Sorry if I am trying to be realistic with where things are.

First things first. Vote the most wolfy first. If you vote me over the other wolf candidates, then I think that says I am your wolfiest read. Hmmm. I don’t think most would agree... I’m worried about the implications of this. Are we looking at a pack mate currently? I really want to think we have both wolves on the board.

Well it would be lovely if we could hear from both of them. I never said I wouldnt go for cray, I just think meats its the more definitive choice and since we have to get two correct in a row, the more cohesive the thoughts between us the better. The no vote is also an option.
I think a no vote would help get rid of a deep wolf if you don’t think they are in the top 3

Given the warning in the tally we very much need to not vote for me today if you all are interested at all in winning

I recognize my VCA looks ****ty but my voting patterns as a wolf largely trend away from massive waffles in the last seconds of a vote (unless it's end game and would guarantee me a win)

I don't know what bob means when they are saying my play is dispassionate, and also find it a bit of a mischaracterization to say that genny obviously had stuff going on but act like I've been completely free with nothing else going on to explain lower thread activity when I've made multiple posts indicating otherwise

It's hard to tell anymore.

I'm not sure who a counter-wagon on Lawpy helps, since a villager was already clearly leading the vote.
Thank you lol
The rest of that interaction
Yeeted or misyeeted (edit- nm)? I also think role reveal doesn't hurt at the end. Well fwiw, it seems to work for AM and Cray and I would not go away from doing it.
This reads villagey to me. Wolves are less likely to critique villager moves after they’re dead (just kinda feels too mean to most people imo, like an unnessecary insult to injury) than villagers are in the time between dead -> flip, when they’re still unsure of aff (and bob allegedly hadn’t seen the flip yet when he posted this)
I don't know how you remember these things, but that is why you were nominated!
This reads pockety though

Meats coming in 30 minutes before close and then flopping around was also kind of meh. Wolf points to her if Strog flips wolf.
Hmmmmmm. What did pippy say about meats after strog flipped?

• Hmm
Wouldn't need 3. It was 4-5 at the time. One vote switching from alley to Strog would have done it.
Confused about why mayo seemed to be arguing both sides of whether my move off strog was wolfy.

Something is there or ppl wouldn't have you there. I can't say there is a smoking gun but someone has to be voted (and that goes for myself too). Unfortunately, if it is not me and down to us three, then it has to be you and vmh. I am just going with most likely at this point and see what turns up tomorrow.

I feel like cyndia can't ever make sense with pippy. So even with samac ping, poor content or whatever that she is out of POE.

I don't like the seemingly uncaring tone or actions of vmh. I feel like they know they are "outed" and they are coasting out. Trying not to implicate the other wolf by saying too much or failing a reaction test. Maybe hoping the other wolf pulls it off. Or coasting b/c we are not considering the other wolf and they think they will win anyway even if we do vote vmh
I find your discussions of "see what turns up tomorrow" weird too - based on my math with 6 players and presumed 2 wolves left (and mod warning that bad things will happen if we misvote today) then it isn't possible to lackadaisically see what turns up tomorrow - if we vote a villager and wolves get a night kill then that would be parity

And again, I'm not "outted", my VCA is ****ty and I got pocketed by pippy's PR claim. I don't like your recycling of AM's phrasing when it was pretty explicit on thread that nobody else saw what thing definitively made her say I was "outted" either

• Hmm
Safidio Tsara (CHOOSE WISELY) Day 6 Tally

meats (1) - cubs
Bob (1) - Cyndia

2/6 voting
Missing: @Viscernable, @BobLoblaw78, @vetmedhead, @Crayola227

One misstep on this terrain would be deadly. Proceed with caution.

Aye GIF

Nothing's different in this tally, but it's been 6 hours since I posted one.

Vote closes at 9pm EDT (~2 hours).

I know I'm not the first to point this out but also what is this phrasing? Why are you including yourself in a list of three potential wolf candidates?

The rest of that interaction

This reads villagey to me. Wolves are less likely to critique villager moves after they’re dead (just kinda feels too mean to most people imo, like an unnessecary insult to injury) than villagers are in the time between dead -> flip, when they’re still unsure of aff (and bob allegedly hadn’t seen the flip yet when he posted this)

This reads pockety though
I have kidded her several times about this but I don’t particularly find this pockety (mainly bc I’m jealous). Regardless, if I think I can pocket dubz as a fairly recent noob, then that is some major cajones.

Not to make you more uncomfortable about me (I should stop right here) but I have praised zenge reasoning the most and yours the second most. That would be more pockety to me. I just don’t see a downside to being transparent. But I guess appearing as pockety is a downside

Well What About Bob? (GREAT movie).... would you be willing to go there today? Or is that not in the forefront for you? It seems like youve split your options for wolves into 2 either/or's and have jumped from me vs meats onto cray.

• Hmm
I find your discussions of "see what turns up tomorrow" weird too - based on my math with 6 players and presumed 2 wolves left (and mod warning that bad things will happen if we misvote today) then it isn't possible to lackadaisically see what turns up tomorrow - if we vote a villager and wolves get a night kill then that would be parity

And again, I'm not "outted", my VCA is ****ty and I got pocketed by pippy's PR claim. I don't like your recycling of AM's phrasing when it was pretty explicit on thread that nobody else saw what thing definitively made her say I was "outted" either
It is yolo. And will continue to be. That can’t change.

As with any game at the end, you make the best play that keeps the game going the longest so you can win (don’t take a risk that could make you lose immediately). So we need to vote our best vote. There is no tomorrow if we are wrong. I think this is what I was waiting to see.

I know I'm not the first to point this out but also what is this phrasing? Why are you including yourself in a list of three potential wolf candidates?
This has been said twice and now thrice. And I did explain in detail. You seem to be recycling as a means to distract as your first comments

I do agree with this, but what do you make of his trio having both meats and cubs? I thought one of them would be his partner if he’s wolfing.

I assumed he was hoping to convince us into one and then use that to slide past a yeet of himself tomorrow, and that’s why he was including himself to seem reasonable and impartial about it maybe. Again, not sure if it’s just his play style choice, but it’s just pinging me.

Reactions: 2 users
Caught up.

I Zenge/Pippy reads v/w to me. Of the two, I'd rather flip Zenge. Pippy seems more on her meta to me.

I still have no read on Strog, but the weirdness with his wagon last night did ping me. Lawpy seems village, and I'm not sure why Vissy would try to create a counter wagon on him so late. If Strog flips wolf then so will Vissy and vice versa.

AM still feels more like the last time I saw her wolf than her usual village. If Strog or Vissy flip wolf then I'll back off of that.

I'd rather vote AM, but I doubt I'll get the traction.

I'm happy flipping Zenge or Vissy. We learn a lot about several other players with either flip.

Yeet Vissy
How convenient that strog and i were a package deal and he wanted to flip the villager to give evidence of strog being village. How convenient that he would only back off AM if I were to flip wolf. How convenient that z/pippy was v/w and he leaned towards z.

But like. Is it too convenient?? Would there be THAT much packmate defense going on? I’m leaning towards yes because they had at least bussing between pippy and strog and likely whoever the other packmate was. They probably didn’t feel EVERY wolf had to be bussing.