Kansas City University (KCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received an acceptance? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They really are taking the 4-6 weeks seriously this year. 9/13 was the first interview and we haven't heard anything back (n=2 for we)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed 9/27 and they were even kinda sketch about the 6 week max.... could be 7 haha. I just don't understand how they remember all of the candidates by that point, I guess they go strictly off of their notes from the interview (which my interviewers did not take any during mine)

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed 9/27 and they were even kinda sketch about the 6 week max.... could be 7 haha. I just don't understand how they remember all of the candidates by that point, I guess they go strictly off of their notes from the interview (which my interviewers did not take any during mine)

They may have taken notes after you left...you never know. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

They secretly took photos of us when we completed our post-interview surveys on those iPads!

My four weeks post secondary are up, does that not really mean anything any more or should I be worried?
I am right around 5 weeks right now. I think I will wait another week or so and then try to contact admissions. It seems like they are pushing the maximum for all of their deadlines.

They secretly took photos of us when we completed our post-interview surveys on those iPads!
My stomach literally twisted with nerves. I'm such a gullible premed fool lol

If anyone is in Kansas City tonight and wants to do dinner, PM me :)

I got an email from Patricia Harper today encouraging me to apply to KCU. Do you think it's too late in the process to apply at this point? My mcat is a 503 and my cGPA is 3.6 and my sGPA is 3.57

I got an email from Patricia Harper today encouraging me to apply to KCU. Do you think it's too late in the process to apply at this point? My mcat is a 503 and my cGPA is 3.6 and my sGPA is 3.57

I applied with virtually the same stats except I have a 502 and got a secondary and am waiting to hear back about an II. If you like the school it couldn't hurt to apply with those stats!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied with virtually the same stats except I have a 502 and got a secondary and am waiting to hear back about an II. If you like the school it couldn't hurt to apply with those stats!

I had a the same stats and MCAT (502) and got an interview.

Does it look bad if I took 10 days to submit a secondary? I had to wait for my next payday to send out the secondary... :(

Ugh those grand round emails!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 17 users
I got an email from here long time ago providing me a streamlined process for my application. This is specific for their osteopathic program. Should I apply here? I didn't really recognize their program and now wonder abt applying.

I got an email from here long time ago providing me a streamlined process for my application. This is specific for their osteopathic program. Should I apply here? I didn't really recognize their program and now wonder abt applying.

If you think you would be happy here go for it! If you have any specific questions about the program, I would be happy to answer them for you.

If you think you would be happy here go for it! If you have any specific questions about the program, I would be happy to answer them for you.
Thanks, I just saw their match and I feel that none of the do programs I am applying to have my specialty. Everyone is so latched in derm if it's not primary care but that is not the specialty I am looking for unfortunately in the event I don't go into primary care. But kcu's match shows that specialty that I want. Otherwise the other thing I wanted to mention is that I have surpassed the recruitment time which was set to end of last month. Is it too late to use the recruitment letter's advantage?

Thanks, I just saw their match and I feel that none of the do programs I am applying to have my specialty. Everyone is so latched in derm if it's not primary care but that is not the specialty I am looking for unfortunately in the event I don't go into primary care. But kcu's match shows that specialty that I want. Otherwise the other thing I wanted to mention is that I have surpassed the recruitment time which was set to end of last month. Is it too late to use the recruitment letter's advantage?

Honestly I wouldn't use a match list to make your decision on which school. Which specialty you get into is on you.

Go ahead and give the admissions office a call about that letter. They are really nice and will be able to give you a definitive answer whereas I can only guess.

There would be no advantage to it I think. You have the minimum stats (which I assume you do) roll the dice and submit. It's worth a shot

There would be no advantage to it I think. You have the minimum stats (which I assume you do) roll the dice and submit. It's worth a shot
They mentioned scholarship consideration and applicant review within 1 month. Ive gotten plenty of recruitment emails like other applicants but this was different. But I did receive this letter a bit later after all my aacomas schools had been selected.

They mentioned scholarship consideration and applicant review within 1 month. Ive gotten plenty of recruitment emails like other applicants but this was different.

I got the same letter after I had interviewed.

Edit: Sorry 5 days before I interviewed

Honestly I wouldn't use a match list to make your decision on which school. Which specialty you get into is on you.

Go ahead and give the admissions office a call about that letter. They are really nice and will be able to give you a definitive answer whereas I can only guess.
Thanks I appreciate this. I was worried abt asking this at my interviews even though I was very impressed by all the schools I have reviewed so far. But then I haven't gotten many iis and I haven't applied to many do programs.

OK cool, I thought that it might be a generic case but what's different is that they actually put a deadline to their message.

Yes NLT Sep 30. Here's what I think: you have the stats they are interested in. Now submit a secondary and see if you have the character they are looking for and get an II.

Just a quick question . After you have chosen the interview date/time from the interview scheduling link provided in the email, are you supposed to receive confirmation email for selected Interview day/time??? I want to proceed with my travel arrangements, but not 200% sure if everything confirmed without that email. If anyone can advise me, I would be the happiest person :)

Just a quick question . After you have chosen the interview date/time from the interview scheduling link provided in the email, are you supposed to receive confirmation email for selected Interview day/time??? I want to proceed with my travel arrangements, but not 200% sure if everything confirmed without that email. If anyone can advise me, I would be the happiest person :)

I got a confirmation email the next day

Well today is 4 weeks post-interview. I have a feeling next week will be THE week!

It would be the cooliest if it was this week.

Interviewed here today. I have to say I was exceptionally impressed, and hope I didn't botch the interview too badly because I would love the chance to go here.

Reactions: 4 users
It would be the cooliest if it was this week.

For real. I have a family party this weekend and I know I'm going to have the same conversation with like 50 people about school and I would love to have a definitive answer for "So do you know where you're going yet?". Sigh.

For real. I have a family party this weekend and I know I'm going to have the same conversation with like 50 people about school and I would love to have a definitive answer for "So do you know where you're going yet?". Sigh.

Yeah I feel ya. Would like to stop desperately checking my email and butt puckering at every KCU grand rounds I see... and I'm sure my family would like to know where I'm going to be for the next 4+ years. But hey what's another 2 weeks of anxiety going to do?

Yeah I feel ya. Would like to stop desperately checking my email and butt puckering at every KCU grand rounds I see... and I'm sure my family would like to know where I'm going to be for the next 4+ years. But hey what's another 2 weeks of anxiety going to do?
Kill us softly

Anybody know a coupon code for the 816 OR for the supershuttle?

Last edited:
I received my confirmation email a few days after scheduling my interview. I called in to ask about the situation, and the gentleman that answered my call was very kind and just told me some people were away from the office that usually deal with those emails, and so I should expect an email in the next 24 hours (got it the next day).

Interviewed here today. Confirming the sentiments that the interview was pretty laid back. I was blown away by the campus, student ambassadors, faculty and staff. I really hope I hear back... definitely ranked this school number one.

I don't fly out until tomorrow, so I drove around and got to see a lot of Kansas City today. Between yesterday and today checked out:

Q39 (BBQ - 45 minute wait or so, but definitely lived up to the hype)
Oddly Correct (Coffee staple)
Hammerpress (letter print shop, really nice stuff)
Port Fonda (probably my favorite find, AMAZING Mexican food, nice atmosphere)
Nelson Atkins/Bloch Building - nice architecture and a bunch of large shuttlecocks (that's what she said).

You really impressed me Kansas City.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Interviewed here today. Confirming the sentiments that the interview was pretty laid back. I had no ethics questions. I was blown away by the campus, student ambassadors, faculty and staff. I really hope I hear back... definitely ranked this school number one.

I don't fly out until tomorrow, so I drove around and got to see a lot of Kansas City today. Between yesterday and today checked out:

Nelson Atkins/Bloch Building - nice architecture and a bunch of large shuttlecocks (that's what she said).

Wow. I didn't even know about these places (except q39). Nice job!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Interviewed here today. Confirming the sentiments that the interview was pretty laid back. I had no ethics questions. I was blown away by the campus, student ambassadors, faculty and staff. I really hope I hear back... definitely ranked this school number one.

Shuttlecocks....LOL

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Sooo I got verified on 9/14, received the "learn more about KCU" e-mail 9/15, and received the "further review for 2 weeks" e-mail on 9/16. I still have not received a secondary. Should I be worried/contact them? Has anyone received a secondary lately???

So I logged into the portal and it allowed me to schedule an INTERVIEW?!?!

I did not receive any emails for interview invites though???!!

So I logged into the portal and it allowed me to schedule an INTERVIEW?!?!

I did not receive any emails for interview invites though???!!
nvm, just saw the email it went to my spam!?!? IT WAS SITTING THERE FOR 10 DAYS!!! AGGHHHHH

Reactions: 3 users