Kansas State University c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received my invite by email. I'm short and I interview the 3rd! Sorry to break the streak guys lol
Dang! I thought we were on to something. I am 8am on the 3rd and I'm 6'1" lol

So if you guys see a super tall girl that's probably me!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else flying in on January 2nd to go to the pizza party? I wasn't sure how the airport shuttles work. Hopefully, they send out emails about that tomorrow (12/30) or the day after.

OOS first-time k-state applicant

Is anyone else flying in on January 2nd to go to the pizza party? I wasn't sure how the airport shuttles work. Hopefully, they send out emails about that tomorrow (12/30) or the day after.

OOS first-time k-state applicant

I do, but I don't be attending the pizza party. They have already confirmed my shuttle pick up and drop off times for the airport. They also said they would be posting shuttle times at the designated hotels. If you need more info. let me know and I can pm you.

Hi guys! does anyone know if we need to send in fall transcripts to admissions? I plan on having an official copy with me on day of interview but I wasn't sure if one needs to be sent in

Reactions: 1 user
I do, but I don't be attending the pizza party. They have already confirmed my shuttle pick up and drop off times for the airport. They also said they would be posting shuttle times at the designated hotels. If you need more info. let me know and I can pm you.
I got the email today confirming my airport shuttle. Thanks though!

Hi guys! does anyone know if we need to send in fall transcripts to admissions? I plan on having an official copy with me on day of interview but I wasn't sure if one needs to be sent in

You do not need your fall transcripts unless they specifically ask for them. They usually have you send your transcripts after spring semester to make sure you completed everything for vet school. You shoudn't need a hard copy at your interview either unless they emailed you saying they want to see them.

For those of us driving around Manhattan and not using the shuttle can we expect parking to be available in the lots adjacent to Trotter and Mosier? Do we need any type of pass to park here?

Happy New Years! Looking forward to seeing some of you this weekend for interviews :)

have any of you guys had your interview if so i was wondering what kind of questions they asked you?

I land at 5 pm so I won't be able to make the pizza party, but super excited to see the campus! Does anyone else have a late interview on the 3rd? Does anyone know how late the tours are going to last? I want to take mine after the interview so I can fully focus.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students give me more insight to the interview and style?

Can any current students give me more insight to the interview and style?

Mine was in front of 3 faculty members. Funny enough the main guy asking all the questions was one of my Physiology professors 1st semester in vet school. It is kind of like a round table interview where each professor/faculty member ask you a question or two. I cannot remember exactly how long the interview lasts but they are kept on a pretty strict schedule to not get behind with other students. I heard from others as well as experienced it during my interview, the people interviewing you always make some comment about relaxing and being yourself before starting the interview. AND they love to throw one crazy questions at you. Mine was how many golf balls would fit in the room. It is literally just to throw you off but to also see how you react to an obscure question that you have not prepared for. Honestly, the best piece of advice is to just relax and answer each question honestly without sounding like you are reading from a script.

Reactions: 2 users
Just crash landed in my bed in CA. So nice meeting all of you today! Get home safe and good luck to those who still have the interview coming :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just crash landed in my bed in CA. So nice meeting all of you today! Get home safe and good luck to those who still have the interview coming :)
Congratz on completion! I'll be there next Saturday. How did it go for you?

Congratz on completion! I'll be there next Saturday. How did it go for you?

I think I was a little nervous and awkward heh... but I had answers for everything they asked so it went well overall! The interviewers (3) were friendly and fun. Made me excited to go to the school because the professors on the panel seemed really personable :) try to keep cool and calm and you’ll do fine. Since it’s open file review my advice is just to know your app really well and be able to defend any possible weaknesses in it.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
What events take place after the interview? Are there tours or anything? Trying to decide what kind of shoes I need to bring to change into

What events take place after the interview? Are there tours or anything? Trying to decide what kind of shoes I need to bring to change into

So they tour at every :15 and :45 except during lunch (12?). You can choose to tour before or after your interview. Tours are about 45 minutes long.

Have the interviewers been more concerned with questions about your app/experiences, standard interview questions, or a combination? Just trying to get an idea about how it will go! Thanks!

A combination of both. I also got some random questions that had nothing to do with vet school, the field or my app just to see how I think

A combination of both. I also got some random questions that had nothing to do with vet school, the field or my app just to see how I think

More like "tell us about a time" questions or "what would you do in this situation"? Or more just off the wall?

I didn’t get any off the wall questions but one of the ambassadors said that during their interview they were asked to teach them something! She had trouble coming up with something so the interviewer was like “it can be easy, like making a salad”. Mine were pretty straight forward questions and I didn’t feel like they were trying to trip me up at all. They were so kind and made me feel like they were just trying to get to know me better! It was a really positive experience all around, I loved the whole visit!

This might be a silly question but for the shuttles is the schedule intended to be like column forum and the arrival is when the shuttle will get to each location?

Good luck to folks this weekend! Enjoy your time there, soak it all in.

Reactions: 3 users
is anyone staying at the parkwood inn and suites this weekend for the interview?

is anyone staying at the parkwood inn and suites this weekend for the interview?
I am!! My husband is out of the country so my dad will be with me!

Tomorrow at 1pm for me! I’m so excited and nervous

8:30Am Friday!super excited.

For those that have interviewed, did you just check in half an hour before your interview time? Did you do a tour?

I know most of the activities like the Q&A session, presentations, etc are the night before but I just want to make sure I'm not missing like an interview day schedule or anything

For those that have interviewed, did you just check in half an hour before your interview time? Did you do a tour?

I know most of the activities like the Q&A session, presentations, etc are the night before but I just want to make sure I'm not missing like an interview day schedule or anything
There will be shuttles that pick you up from your hotel every hour except 12:00 I believe. I checked in half an hour before, and the tours are given on the :15 and :45 of every hour except 12. They are about 45 minutes long.

There will be shuttles that pick you up from your hotel every hour except 12:00 I believe. I checked in half an hour before, and the tours are given on the :15 and :45 of every hour except 12. They are about 45 minutes long.
Awesome! Thank you! I think I'm a little stressed cause other schools have full days plan and I was afraid I was missing something!

Are guests allowed to go on the tour or is it mostly just applicants going before/after their interview?

Are guests allowed to go on the tour or is it mostly just applicants going before/after their interview?

You can bring family on the tour. Last year when I went there was a nice check in space where the tours left. There were tables a chairs for family to sit, they can also wait there while you are in your interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Do most interviewees bring a guest on the interview day? Or is that not a normal thing

I praying my flight makes it into Manhattan tomorrow afternoon, seems like the weather is supposed to be rough especially since they rescheduled the candidate reception. Safe travels everyone!!

I’m getting nervous about my flight out of Manhattan tomorrow. It’s going to be rough here and rough in DFW.

Do most interviewees bring a guest on the interview day? Or is that not a normal thing

It’s pretty common. I went last week for my interview. I didn’t have any guest but a lot of other people did!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

So I accidentally booked a flight into Salinas airport and I was wondering if anyone was happening to go that way or be coming that way. My returning flight is not till Sunday evening and I would be arriving at the airport today around 1 but any help from the airport or to the airport would be greatly appreciated. United airlines has not been helpful at all.

Anyone leaving Kansas tonight headed south? My flight got cancelled and I cannot leave until sunday at this point. Would love to jump in a car that could take me somewhere south out of the storm, to like oklahoma or something so my family could pick me up.

Interviewed this morning and had a very positive experience! Good luck to y’all interviewing tomorrow, and be safe in this crazy weather!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Finished my interview at 1:30 on the dot! Good luck to those of you today and tomorrow!

Now I’ll be anxiously awaiting something in the mail the next few weeks

Has anyone opted for the phone interview tomorrow?