Kansas State University c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone opted for the phone interview tomorrow?
I am doing this. I was unable to make it to Manhattan due to inclement weather.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
My flight out of KC today was just cancelled :(

My flight out of KC today was just cancelled :(
Well if it makes you feel any better my flight has been cancelled twice in the past two days and I’m currently on standby at the airport or I’m stuck until Monday lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well if it makes you feel any better my flight has been cancelled twice in the past two days and I’m currently on standby at the airport or I’m stuck until Monday lol.
Dang! The KC airport? I’m at the Holiday Inn by the airport and they have availability if you need to hunker down somewhere other than the airport!

Any idea when we might expect to hear back after interviews?

Dang! The KC airport? I’m at the Holiday Inn by the airport and they have availability if you need to hunker down somewhere other than the airport!
Manhattan Airport. Had to go back and spend another night in the hotel I stayed at for interviews. Hoping to get out on the 6am flight tomorrow.

Manhattan Airport. Had to go back and spend another night in the hotel I stayed at for interviews. Hoping to get out on the 6am flight tomorrow.
Oh ok. I’m on a 7am flight tomorrow morning out of KC. I’m so bored.

Had my interview Friday and am very nervous to hear back. I had an interview last year and was told I would receive a letter in the mail in about one month (February) with their decision... I heard back the Monday after my interview through email that I was declined...I thought it was a joke... I sure am hoping this does not happen again this year, I feel pretty confident!

Had my interview Friday and am very nervous to hear back. I had an interview last year and was told I would receive a letter in the mail in about one month (February) with their decision... I heard back the Monday after my interview through email that I was declined...I thought it was a joke... I sure am hoping this does not happen again this year, I feel pretty confident!
Did you feel this year’s interview went better?

Did anyone who interviewed in the conference room in the vet hospital on Friday write down the names of the interviewers, and could message me? I have them off the top of my head but just wanted to confirm what I remembered was correct. Hope everyone's interviews went well and that we hear back soon!!

Did anyone else interview with Brad White? (90% sure that was my interviewer and his picture online looks right but I just want to triple check before I send a thank you email)

Did anyone else interview with Brad White? (90% sure that was my interviewer and his picture online looks right but I just want to triple check before I send a thank you email)
I interviewed with him on Jan 3. You can email a single thank you to the admissions office and they will distribute appropriately.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody think they would send it today??? Was stalking last year's thread, and it seemed they were told early-mid February too, and then received decisions Tuesday, Jan. 8th (4 days after the last interview date). They did have a round of interviews in mid-December, though...

I just really wanna knowwwwww :nailbiting:

Anybody think they would send it today??? Was stalking last year's thread, and it seemed they were told early-mid February too, and then received decisions Tuesday, Jan. 8th (4 days after the last interview date). They did have a round of interviews in mid-December, though...

I was thinking it’d be super early again still hoping

Reactions: 2 users

was it four business days after the last interview date or literally four days later?

It really depends. Some of my classmates heard back 4 days after their interview. I did not hear back until the first week of February.

I want to know sooo bad!

It’s going to be ok you guys. Really :)

It really depends. Some of my classmates heard back 4 days after their interview. I did not hear back until the first week of February.

So they'll let us know in waves? Is it dependent on when we interviewed? Or something else? Thank you!

So they'll let us know in waves? Is it dependent on when we interviewed? Or something else? Thank you!
Pretty sure two years ago they only sent acceptances by snail mail, so people received them different days. Last year they used email, and they were all sent at once it looks like.

I heard that the reason they heard so early last year was because the interviews in december had already been ranked/scored. This year the interviews were later, so I'm thinking itll be a bit before we hear back

Last year they sent an email that was followed up with snail mail! Also, I'm relatively positive they released all decisions at once and not in waves :) Good luck everyone, it took me three application cycles and the anticipation wrecks your nerves, but I am so excited for the good news that is about to come!

Reactions: 3 users
I had an interview the 1st weekend this year and they told us they won’t tell us until February.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I had an interview the 1st weekend this year and they told us they won’t tell us until February.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

They said that last year as well I’m pretty sure, I’m curious if they’re sticking with that timeline this year!

I honestly do not know but everyone my year got informed by snail mail. Some of my classmates got a letter less than a week after their interview, others like myself heard about a month later. I interviewed the first weekend of January and heard back the first weekend of February.

Haha now you guys all got me wondering even harder when I'll get my letter and what it'll say :). Really hope I get in and wishing y'all the best too. All the student ambassadors, interviewees, and faculty were so down to Earth.

Reactions: 5 users
Any updates on decisions? Just curious if anyone has heard!

Someone on APVMA facebook page indicated KSU admissions confirmed decisions will not be released until mid feb. Darn, I was hoping we would find out sooner! :/

Someone on APVMA facebook page indicated KSU admissions confirmed decisions will not be released until mid feb. Darn, I was hoping we would find out sooner! :/

Well at least I can relax a little bit until then!!! I was in a constant state of panic thinking it would be any day now!

We might still get surprised earlier than that :)

Reactions: 3 users
is the decision mostly based on the interview at this point, or is it still heavily based on grades/GPA?

is the decision mostly based on the interview at this point, or is it still heavily based on grades/GPA?

I guess to sort of answer my own question, this is what I can find on the website, "
Because there are more qualified applicants than space permits each year, applicants are selected from a variety of factors, including their academic grade point average, Graduate Record Examination scores, animal and veterinary experience, letters of recommendation, letter of intent, and interviews."
So it seems like it's based on everything, but if anyone has any insight as to how heavily they weigh the interviews that'd be great! Good luck everyone!

So are we only going to hear by snail mail or by email also?

Lol did anyone else notice the email said admission into the class of “2023”

This gave me a panic attack. They posted the same comment into the Auburn page so I’m pretty sure it was a mistake to put it in this thread

Reactions: 4 users
Hoping for an email later this week (even though its earlier than what they said)

Reactions: 5 users
I will be happy as long as decisions are made before the last possible second lol

Did they say it might be this week? I’m stressed
I'm not sure I'm just projecting my hopes lol. Colorado said by mid-Feb too and they released info today. But they definitely said by mid-Feb with Kansas. So within 2 weeks. Just keeping my fingers crossed for us all its sooner

Reactions: 8 users
check your email i was alternate list