KCOM Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sameraz

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been invited for an iterview at KCOM. I was wondering how the interview actually is. (IF its hard, ask tricky questions, what kind of questions , etc.) I really hope it goes well but I am really worried. Also, I was wondering if anyone knows how many people or what percentage of people they actually accept after they interview them. Also, if their is a website for commonly asked osteopathic interview questions or something to that effect. I greatly appreciate all responses.
Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Sameraz,

I interviewed at KCOM several months ago. My experience was very positive. Everyone I came into contact with was friendly and helpful. You will have two interviews. (both of mine lasted about an hour). Before the interviews, the admissions staff hands out cards with background information on your interviewer. I found this to be very helpful. Following the interviews, you will go back to the admissions office at which time a second year student will give you a tour. Following the tour, lunch will be provided. On the day of my interview, there were 3 medical students that joined us for lunch; each sat at separate a table with 2-3 interviewies. It was a great time to ask questions and just get a general feel for the school. I must say that the day was as stress free as an interview day could be. As far as my interviews, I was not drilled or asked any "difficult" questions. Both interviewers basically wanted to get an idea of who I was. It is important to have a solid understanding of osteopathy. Be able to convey to the interviewers why you want to be an OSTEOPATHIC phyician.

good luck!

I came across an internet site at one time that had medical school interview information on it. There were questionaires that people could fill out following their interviews. It was a very thorough site as most (DO & MD) medical schools were represented. Does anyone know what I'm inquiring about? If so, please post the web page so that Sameraz and others can benefit from it.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
www.interviewfeedback.com

it has changed in recent months.

I just interviewed at KCOM this past Friday, the 26th. It was an excellent experience. I was made to feel welcome and that the interviewers really wanted to get to know me. As an older, non-traditional student, I have a lot of history...some of it was shall we say...academically dissappointing! Both interviewers politely made the observation on how well I am currently doing vs. previously and gave me the opportunity to explain.

I got excellent feedback from both of them, one even said he planned to recommend me for admission.

A vastly more positive experience than my previous DO school interview...that one was essentially a gestapo style interrogation!! All that was missing was a bright light and water dripping on my forehead.

If I am accepted at KCOM, I most certainly will strongly consider attending there.

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
Senior, Neurosciences
Univ of Texas at Dallas
Class of 1999

Which school gave you the gestapo-style interview OldManDave? Was it UHS? What information have they given you regarding their wait-list?

I appreciate all the responses. the have been very helpful.
However, I yet have one more queston. Does anyone know the acceptance rate for people who have had interviews at KCOM?

It has to be around 25% if they interview 500 people total.

JonM-
How do you know that KCOM interviewed 500 people? I was under the impression that they only interviewed about 350.

UHS is supposed to rank it's alternate list the first week of May. I'll know more then.

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
Senior, Neurosciences
Univ of Texas at Dallas
Class of 1999