KCOM Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gonnabeaDO

It don't get no righter!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey every one! First of all, Congratulations to all of us for have made it this far. And congratulations to all of you have been accepted to your school of choice. I am interviewing at KCOM on 11/10/03, and just wanted some feedback about what to expect from my interviewers, if any one wants to contribute. Thank you all, and best wishes. :)

Members don't see this ad.

They were good interviews...both were really nice. However, I was asked some pretty pointed questions so it was nice because I was prepared.

One question was, "since you one of your degrees was history explain the history of osteopathy to me as you know it?", and we proceeded to talk about the history of Osteopathy (including Still's life) for the next 20 minutes.

It was an awesome day all around...once again mostly cuz I was prepared though.

Interview Feedback

Have you checked out this site's interview feedback? Just scroll down to KCOM. Everybody has positive things to say about the school. These messages do a pretty accurate job portraying what your day will be like.

Congrats on your interview!

At the beginning of the day, you'll get little cards with bios about your faculty interviewers. I had mentioned fishing in my personal statement, and I noticed that both of my interviewers had that listed as a hobby. One of them mentioned fishing to me during my interview- asking where I liked to fish, etc.

I think KCOM's interviewers seem to be varied in their styles. Some are more "traditional" and you can tell they've REALLY read your file. I had one like this and he proceeded to go through a mental list of questions, it seemed. What was your favorite class, what was your least favorite class, etc. This guy also said that his job was to be my advocate and to present me to the adcom in the best light he could.

My other interviewer basically proceeded to try to talk me out of being a dr. I think it was his way of being honest with me. He did tell me upfront that he would recommend me, though. And he was very open about answering my questions as to what he felt the future held for family practice. He was also full of advice for rotations/residencies and told me that his door was open if I ever wanted to talk.

You are allotted an hour for interviews and both of mine lasted that long. However, I know that some people have had shorter sessions.

The admissions staff did a short interview as well, double checking my file for accuracy (addresses, etc) and asking a few "get-to-know-you" type questions like "What are your hobbies" and why.

You should check interview feedback here- there are something like 42 interviews posted. I found it to be helpful in preparation.

Finally, good luck to you! :)