1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

KCOM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by njdevil, Jan 17, 1999.

1. njdevil

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I was just accepted to KCOM. Does anyone have any feedback on the school?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jack DOe

Jack DOe Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

It is an excellent school. Reputation and education is among the best.

4. mr russon

mr russon Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey nj... when did u interview?? are you from nj originally?? So where you accepted anywhere else. I received a letter that i was approved for an interview, but they didnt have a date for me yet. I was accepted in Pa , but kcomis my first choice. Hope to hear from you. MIke

5. 2003

2003 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

After I got accepted from Nova and sent my deposit in I cancelled my interview at KCOM. If I understood the admissions person correctly, they need a letter declaring your intent to withdraw your application and/or your interview date to pass (and you not showing up) before they consider you gone. I sent the letter and my interview would have been this Friday. Good luck!

6. njdevil

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Well Mike, I interviewed January 8th and called on the 14th (they told us to). I interviewed at University of New England and was put on alternate list. I interviewed at Novasoutheastern (Dec 4th) and am still waiting to here. I am from NJ...I think that answers all of your questions! I would love to hear from Philly!

7. mr russon

mr russon Member
    10+ Year Member

Where else did you apply, I have only been accepted at LECOM in PA. Have not heard a word from any other school except KCOM, and that was the letter i mentioned, It said i was approved for an interview, but at the present time, there were no opne interview spots. When i had spoken to the admissions office they said i was taken off the hold list and approved for an interview. It just sounds very fishy to me. So did u apply to UMDNJ in Stratford?? Well let me know what you think of this situation> Did you like it out there?? Well if you like e-mail me .. mr [email protected]

8. DO 2 be

DO 2 be Member
    10+ Year Member

I love the school. I don't regret having chosen Kirksville. Except for a few exception, most of the profs are very friendly and dedicated to teaching. As far as interviews go, they are currently interviewing 3 days a week, 10 average each day = approximately 30/week. Decisions are made on Thursdays for interviewees on Thu, Fri, and Mon. When you get interviewed, you are already 3/4 the way in. Good luck.
    MS-1
    KCOM