Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
II-SH campus

....and I was complete in early June lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Was SH your first choice on the secondary? Has that happened to anyone where you selected Erie/SH as your first preference and got an II from the other?

Was SH your first choice on the secondary? Has that happened to anyone where you selected Erie/SH as your first preference and got an II from the other?
FWIW I chose SH as my first choice and received II there

FWIW I chose SH as my first choice and received II there

Thanks for your response! I guess I'm just wondering how seriously they take your preference choice(s) on the secondary. If you chose Erie as your 1st, are you less likely to get an II from SH? And if you chose SH, does that put you at the bottom of Erie's priority list?

Waitlisted here. Interviewed in December. 3.5 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA, and a 503.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your response! I guess I'm just wondering how seriously they take your preference choice(s) on the secondary. If you chose Erie as your 1st, are you less likely to get an II from SH? And if you chose SH, does that put you at the bottom of Erie's priority list?

I think they're pretty good about offering you an interview at the campus you prefer

Did anybody interview at SH on 1/12/17 or somewhere near there? Just wondering if anybody heard anything yet?

Did anybody interview at SH on 1/12/17 or somewhere near there? Just wondering if anybody heard anything yet?
potal changed about a week and a half ago but no letter yet

Just got a phone call from LECOM for an interview this Friday!!! Wish me luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Still under review

has anyone received an acceptance here lately? I noticed only waitlists for those who interview since September

Anyone know when the new match results get posted???

I applied here last year and signed up for text alerts about my application status. I heard nothing back and got no emails. No interview or even a rejection letter. This year has been exactly the same. I submitted my application around September and emailed them asking how it was going two weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything back. My admission status on the portal just says my application is under review.
I have had the SAME problem. Called them and they said application is still under review. do they ever give a rejection letter? and how long do they interview?

does anyone know if you get pulled off the waitlist, do they send an email? or portal change?

I have had the SAME problem. Called them and they said application is still under review. do they ever give a rejection letter? and how long do they interview?

Admissions told me that pre-interview, your application will remain in the "under review" status through the end of the application cycle. No letter or email of rejection.

Admissions told me that pre-interview, your application will remain in the "under review" status through the end of the application cycle. No letter or email of rejection.
But it's different after interview? A notification will be made?

For those who have interviewed, what time did the day end? I'm sifting through old pages and haven't found anything from pages 1-10. I'll keep looking but if someone could divulge that'd be great. Booking my flight right now!

For those who have interviewed, what time did the day end? I'm sifting through old pages and haven't found anything from pages 1-10. I'll keep looking but if someone could divulge that'd be great. Booking my flight right now!
1pm

But it's different after interview? A notification will be made?

Yep. Post-interview, you'll get a portal change...at some point. My portal changed around a month later (interviewed 12/12, portal change 1/10). However, I've heard of others who waited for several months before the portal change. After the portal change, it says that "A decision has been made..." and then something about receiving a letter in the mail within 30 days. (Generally, I think it's really less than a couple weeks, though.) Sorry for the long-winded response. The short answer is that yes, post-interview you'll definitely know whether you're accepted, rejected, or wait-listed. Hope it helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Yep. Post-interview, you'll get a portal change...at some point. My portal changed around a month later (interviewed 12/12, portal change 1/10). However, I've heard of others who waited for several months before the portal change. After the portal change, it says that "A decision has been made..." and then something about receiving a letter in the mail within 30 days. (Generally, I think it's really less than a couple weeks, though.) Sorry for the long-winded response. The short answer is that yes, post-interview you'll definitely know whether you're accepted, rejected, or wait-listed. Hope it helps!
Thank you! I hope I hear back soon. It's been a month since I interviewed. So I guess I will find out soon.

that's funny cause I just called the Greensburg campus and they said that in case you get a non-II rejection status, that will be sent around May or summer. That they will keep doing interviews until end of April

Online portal just said a decision was made... but I haven't interviewed or anything.. is that a rejection? Sorry if its a stupid question, Just hopeful.

Online portal just said a decision was made... but I haven't interviewed or anything.. is that a rejection? Sorry if its a stupid question, Just hopeful.

I got this from bradenton: " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." it was a rejection.

Erie still says Under review

I got this from bradenton: " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." it was a rejection.

I actually had this status briefly at Bradenton and then it changed to "will re-review within 90 days" which changed to II and acceptance so idk

For those who got a portal update in late Jan/early Feb, when is your deadline to send in your deposit if you got accepted?

Has anyone been accepted who did not participate in the optional, individual interview?

Would I be interviewing for a waitlist spot if my interview day is end of February? Can someone please quote me so that I get an alert? I always forget about the threads that I post :p

Would I be interviewing for a waitlist spot if my interview day is end of February? Can someone please quote me so that I get an alert? I always forget about the threads that I post :p

There's no way to know for sure. The class seems to fill between mid-February and mid-March depending on the year.

Just gave up my interview spot. Good luck to everyone

So Bradenton does notify of a pre-interview rejection?

Does anyone know if the PBL pathway at the Erie school location is cadaver lab or if it's the same as the anatomy course at Seton Hill?