LECOM-BRADENTON alternate/wait list 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just took my name off the acceptance list. Good luck.

Thanks for letting us know! :) Wish you the best wherever you decided to go Kleos!

Members don't see this ad.

I also fall into the high MCAT low GPA category: 3.15uGPA/3.4gGPA/32Q

Anyone been accepted off the waitlist already?

I was told last week that there are some movement from the waitlist. They are taking 10 people off of it at a time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told last week that there are some movement from the waitlist. They are taking 10 people off of it at a time.

They are keeping it very quiet then because nobody has said anything here....

Did you speak with admissions at LECOM? That's good to hear if true, maybe they're done interviewing and adding to the list.

Yes. I did not ask about the interviewing and adding ppl to the waitlist part though.

Hey all,

I got my acceptance a little while ago. Still can't believe I got in!! I was never waitlisted, but sent a second LOI and got my phone call shortly following. My numbers were: 28S MCAT: 9 Bio 10 Verb 9 Phys 3.42GPA. Good luck to all of you!

Hey all,

I got my acceptance a little while ago. Still can't believe I got in!! I was never waitlisted, but sent a second LOI and got my phone call shortly following. My numbers were: 28S MCAT: 9 Bio 10 Verb 9 Phys 3.42GPA. Good luck to all of you!

Wow congrats!! This school seems to really put weight on your genuine interest in attending and I'm guessing it's because they have such a unique curriculum.

Hey guys, I was accepted to Nova and subsequently pulled my name off the LECOM-B waitlist. Hope this helps someone and good luck to you guys!

Hey all,

Out of curiosity, what did you write in your second LOI? I am thinking about sending one out this week but don't know how to make it much different than my first. Thanks!

I saw a lot of people in the Erie board rescinding their acceptances, so I am assuming there are also a few withdrawing from LECOM-Bradenton. Anyone hear anything about the alternate list LECOM-B recently?

I saw a lot of people in the Erie board rescinding their acceptances, so I am assuming there are also a few withdrawing from LECOM-Bradenton. Anyone hear anything about the alternate list LECOM-B recently?

I called LECOM-B and they told me they were still interviewing and that by June they would rank the list and start taking people from the alternate list. Now, my question is....how can they tell me this when I have a friend who was on the alternate list and received an acceptance a couple of days ago???? :mad:

I called LECOM-B and they told me they were still interviewing and that by June they would rank the list and start taking people from the alternate list. Now, my question is....how can they tell me this when I have a friend who was on the alternate list and received an acceptance a couple of days ago???? :mad:

That's weird, who did you talk to? I was told last week that they were done interviewing and that they would start ranking relatively soon. They wouldn't tell me how many people are on the alternate list or what the chances of the people on the alternate list were though.

Members don't see this ad :)
OKs. Does anyone have any new info to further confuse those of us that are still waiting? Any word if they've ranked the waitlist or if they've already filled the class? What's the story du jour from the trenches?

Last edited:
Whew. Sounds of Silence here. Anybody hear anything from anybody? Is anyone getting in at this point?

There have been a few people that announced they got in on the FB group. There were like 3 and they all popped up this week.

I did email Annette last week but haven't gotten a reply. I'm sure they're really busy with the new cycle coming in. Does a lot more movement tend to happen last minute?

just to give you guys some more hope. I know another accepted student who is turning his spot down tomorrow. so that's one more of you that should get in. good luck!

Been doin' some musing. According to their website, LECOM will be taking 182 students for the Fall, 2011 class.

http://lecom.edu/news-archive-article.php/aoa-grants-approval-for-lecom-bradenton-class-size-increase/76/0/2820/19233

When I last checked today, the FB LECOM-Bradenton Class of 2015 group had 137 members.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_167161569984694&ap=1

It's doubtful that everybody who's been accepted has joined that page but, even so, it would seem that that indicates there are still a number of spots open in the class. Am I wrong? Discuss.

Last edited:
Been doin' some musing. According to their website, LECOM will be taking 182 students for the Fall, 2011 class.

http://lecom.edu/news-archive-article.php/aoa-grants-approval-for-lecom-bradenton-class-size-increase/76/0/2820/19233

When I last checked today, the FB LECOM-Bradenton Class of 2015 group had 137 members.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_167161569984694&ap=1

It's doubtful that everybody who's been accepted has joined that page but, even so, it would seem that that indicates there are still a number of spots open in the class. Am I wrong? Discuss.

well, not everybody uses Facebook. and even if everybody did, you would have to actively search for the group to join it. i got accepted in November and I didn't even think to look for a Facebook group until may

well, not everybody uses Facebook. and even if everybody did, you would have to actively search for the group to join it. i got accepted in November and I didn't even think to look for a Facebook group until may

Really though I know very few people who don't have a fb account now. Even my grandparents do. It still may be a positive sign since people who are serious about attending probably want to be involved and meet some of their future classmates right?

I revisited the LECOM-B FB page and noticed at lot of the posts are from older students looking to rent their places or sell books, etc.. So, those 137 members are not all new students. If most new students signed up, like so many of the other COMs FB groups are now showing, that would mean there are even more openings to fill in the class. At this point in the cycle though, that's way too many openings to be believable. Not as excited. Theory down.

Annette emailed me back this morning. She said she'd let the admissions committee know I expressed continued interest and also said they were currently reviewing the alternate list. I missed a call from Ron Shively at about 3:15c who said he was wanting to discuss my interest and current status! I called back at 3:45c because I was busy at work and left a vm. If I don't get another call by lunch tomorrow I'll call back.

Got returned call this am from Ron. I'm in!

If you're still interested you've got to make them aware!

Got returned call this am from Ron. I'm in!

If you're still interested you've got to make them aware!

Dude, I feel really stalker-ish for following you to this thread, but CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you! You'll probably be going to this school then, and so it'll suck that we won't be classmates, but I'm so thrilled for you nonetheless! :D

Dude, I feel really stalker-ish for following you to this thread, but CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you! You'll probably be going to this school then, and so it'll suck that we won't be classmates, but I'm so thrilled for you nonetheless! :D

Haha thanks!! No problem lol I've creeped around enough myself on sdn, that's what it's for! Honestly I'm not 100% quite yet. I just sent $135 into TMDSAS for my primaries and so I was in the process of reapplying. I actually have my AACOMAS all ready to go for a few other schools I was looking at. It would be kind of nice to have a year to expand my options and maybe have the chance to stay home, but I'm also reaaaallly sick of work and being in limbo with my school situation. An outright acceptance for the c/o 2015 would be hard to turn down. We also won't be able to be classmates or travel next year that sucks! Thanks for your congrats and hang tight, I think you could still be in it for this fall!! :) :xf: :luck:

Haha thanks!! No problem lol I've creeped around enough myself on sdn, that's what it's for! Honestly I'm not 100% quite yet. I just sent $135 into TMDSAS for my primaries and so I was in the process of reapplying. I actually have my AACOMAS all ready to go for a few other schools I was looking at. It would be kind of nice to have a year to expand my options and maybe have the chance to stay home, but I'm also reaaaallly sick of work and being in limbo with my school situation. An outright acceptance for the c/o 2015 would be hard to turn down. We also won't be able to be classmates or travel next year that sucks! Thanks for your congrats and hang tight, I think you could still be in it for this fall!! :) :xf: :luck:

Well, whatever you end up doing, I'll be rooting for you! Whether you go to LECOM this year, wait another year, or what have you, I'm really happy for you. Again, I think it would be awesome to be classmates and potentially go travel the world, but I don't even know my own school situation yet lol. I think I'll still go this year if they call me, even if it's mid-July.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, y'all :laugh:

so i talked to LECOM-B today. i was told that they do not rank their alternates. they said that they move people off that list "20 people at a time." idk what that really means though. do they wait until they have 20 people to call?? i don't really think so. they also said that that once interviews are over they re-review each file on the waitlist and make a decision who to call interviews end for lecom-b sometime in may.

No, I think they wait until each interview group deadline and pull from the alternate list when they know how many accepted are taking a seat. Some of my BEST classmates were wait-listed until July! Keep your head up and stay busy....

I just got accepted on Monday! I e-mailed Annette on Friday asking about the alternate list and letting her know that I was still interested in LECOM-Bradenton. I actually received a phone call the same day from Ron Shively, but missed it because I was working. If you really want to go to LECOM, then you must let them know!!

I just got accepted on Monday! I e-mailed Annette on Friday asking about the alternate list and letting her know that I was still interested in LECOM-Bradenton. I actually received a phone call the same day from Ron Shively, but missed it because I was working. If you really want to go to LECOM, then you must let them know!!

Congrats!! That's basically exactly what happened to me!

Congrats!! That's basically exactly what happened to me!

I've been reading this thread to see about any movement on the alternate list. Your posts definitely helped me out! Thanks so much, and I'll see you down in FL!! :)

Bump. It's awfully quiet around here. Any one recently get taken off of the wait-list or hear any news about it?

Bump. It's awfully quiet around here. Any one recently get taken off of the wait-list or hear any news about it?

I know at least two people got off the waitlist last week and one person got off this week (from looking at the LECOM-B Facebook Class of 2015 page). There are probably more that haven't commented on facebook but who knows. I'm still on the alternate list so hopefully we both find out good news soon.

I know at least two people got off the waitlist last week and one person got off this week (from looking at the LECOM-B Facebook Class of 2015 page). There are probably more that haven't commented on facebook but who knows. I'm still on the alternate list so hopefully we both find out good news soon.

I got off last week and just declined my seat. Good luck to all of you!!

Bump.

Looking at the facebook page, a couple students just got accepted yesterday.

Has anyone from here recently gotten taken off the list or heard some news about the wait-list?

Here's the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/lecomb2015 .

As you can see, a few people commented and said they were just accepted yesterday. And there were also a few other people who have just been added to the group...so it is likely a few of those people were recently accepted as well.