Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry I haven't interviewed here. I was laughing about the Florida-Tennesssee Rivalry. (Although it's no laughing matter.)
Is it actually a Rivalry? :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you dissect cadavers in your first two years or are hey pre-dissected?

Do you dissect cadavers in your first two years or are hey pre-dissected?

Anatomy (which includes dissecting your own cadaver in a group of 8 total people - you're in a group of 4 and then after the 1.5 hours you switch with the other lab group), lasts for your first semester of your first year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sense,, they mentioned they are only taking 500+
I got a 497 and I'm interviewing tomorrow. If that's true, why waste my time with an interview?

Guys....rule number 1 is don't believe everything you read on SDN. If you received an interview you meet the criteria to be a student at LMU-DCOM.

Reactions: 5 users
Guys....rule number 1 is don't believe everything you read on SDN. If you received an interview you meet the criteria to be a student at LMU-DCOM.
This.

It really looks like once you get an interview it's closed-book. As someone said on here earlier, if you get an interview, they think your application is good enough to make a doctor. It sounds like they really just want to meet their applicants and make sure that they're personable and a good fit for the school. Your numbers hardly matter at that point. They wouldn't waste their or your time in an interview if they weren't serious about considering you. :) Relax.

Edit: I haven't had my interview yet, but the majority of information seems to suggest this. I'll let you all know if I hear differently while I'm there.

Reactions: 3 users
Where did you hear this from? I wonder why they give out interviews to anyone not above 500 if they don't anticipate on accepting them

Where did you hear this from? I really hope this isn't true because I have a 499

Guys if you pay attention you would see I was talking to Zurc about other school after he withdraw his application from LMU! Sorry if this freaked everyone... we sure want schools to give people with ok MCAT a chance because most applicants are not just numbers

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This.

It really looks like once you get an interview it's closed-book. As someone said on here earlier, if you get an interview, they think your application is good enough to make a doctor. It sounds like they really just want to meet their applicants and make sure that they're personable and a good fit for the school. Your numbers hardly matter at that point. They wouldn't waste their or your time in an interview if they weren't serious about considering you. :) Relax.

Edit: I haven't had my interview yet, but the majority of information seems to suggest this. I'll let you all know if I hear differently while I'm there.
I can let you all know Saturday when I'm back from my interview tomorrow!

In response to what I said yesterday, I'll say something super quick about my interview experience. This was the most laid back, friendly, and inviting place I've ever been to. Even if I don't get accepted or decide not to attend, I literally have nothing bad to report about LMU-DCOM and their professionalism was out of this world. If anything, I will always recommend this school to anyone applying.

Reactions: 7 users
In response to what I said yesterday, I'll say something super quick about my interview experience. This was the most laid back, friendly, and inviting place I've ever been to. Even if I don't get accepted or decide not to attend, I literally have nothing bad to report about LMU-DCOM and their professionalism was out of this world. If anything, I will always recommend this school to anyone applying.

Thanks for the good feedback

Anyone who interviewed on 1/20 hear anything yet? I haven't received a call or an email yet.

Reactions: 2 users
I wanted to ask that same thing ! Nada...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Maybe they are waiting to decide on the 1/27 people as well and then make all the calls together? They told the 1/27 people that they would call by this friday 2/3

Are interviews in very early March interviewing for the waitlist? What's the best way to get here if you're coming from out of state?

Are interviews in very early March interviewing for the waitlist? What's the best way to get here if you're coming from out of state?

Most schools reserve spots with each interview cohort. However, they said that if you get waitlisted, call and check in or ask questions. They know you are really interested. One person said that they pull 50-80 people off the waitlist so the waitlist is still a good option,

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When I went in for my interview they said they had the greatest waitlist movement last cycle and moved 70 people off. They usually have a movement of 50 people in years past.

Thank you! :) I'm super excited!
You should be! The school was better than I initially thought it'd be! The Dean even came in and spoke with us for 20 minutes. He really preached about the school being a giant family, and that is the exact vibe I got the entire time this past Friday! Hoping for the best for all of us!

When I went in for my interview they said they had the greatest waitlist movement last cycle and moved 70 people off. They usually have a movement of 50 people in years past.

70 out of how many on the list?

Hi all!

Congrats to all of you who have gotten an interview / acceptance thus far! For those of you waiting.. trust me I understand the struggle. Lol.
Just wondering - did anyone else receive an email regarding their application status? Something along the lines of how you might fit their mission but they have a limited number of spots available for interviewing but are still reviewing your application?

Hi all!

Congrats to all of you who have gotten an interview / acceptance thus far! For those of you waiting.. trust me I understand the struggle. Lol.
Just wondering - did anyone else receive an email regarding their application status? Something along the lines of how you might fit their mission but they have a limited number of spots available for interviewing but are still reviewing your application?

I got one as well. I plan on withdrawing my app.

I got one as well. I plan on withdrawing my app.
Thanks! That makes me feel better that I wasn't the only one. But that's understandable!
I'm still waiting on an interview / acceptance so I plan on keeping it in review and sending an update letter. Best of luck!

Hi all!

I wonder if this has any implications on those that interviewed on 1/27 and how many they'll accept :(

Jan 27th. Now I'm anxiously staring at my phone constantly.