You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LIU c/o 2024
Started by asch97
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Since it’s online I wouldn’t see why not.Anyone know if we still have to take the CASPer test due to the virus? Mine is on Wednesday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted and sent in my security deposit !!
I wouldn't be surprised if admission decisions in general got delayed due to the pandemic. Lots of schools are actually super delayed in their admissions decisions due to rapid scrambling to online classrooms and statewide shut downs. I know LIU is also impacted by the pandemic with one positive test in a faculty member at the university. So, please keep that in mind when thinking about when decisions are going to be released even if they end up giving out decisions after their intended date.
Good luck to those waiting to hear back and congrats to those who were accepted!
Good luck to those waiting to hear back and congrats to those who were accepted!
Thats amazing! and you got interviewed on the 8th so I guess there might still be hope for meAccepted and sent in my security deposit !!
I hope there is hope for me too lolThats amazing! and you got interviewed on the 8th so I guess there might still be hope for me
I will most likely be declining my seat as I've been accepted to an OOS school that is much cheaper to attend than LIU. I hope that this will give the opportunity to those waiting to hear back with an admittance! Good luck, future doctors. See you on the other side 🙂
Now I’m sad lolNo hope for me
Does anyone know if interviews are over ?
No hope here either, still haven’t heard anythingThe uncertainty kills
Let’s make a group chat of the hopelessNo hope here either, still haven’t heard anything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will be declining my seat for the May/Fall 2020. Hopefully this helps someone out who’s still waiting!
Don’t give up hope!
Don’t give up hope!
How did you find out through email or snail mail?Accepted and sent in my security deposit !!
I thought it was an admission decision so I was scared to open it at firstWhy would they email a survey out about their interview process before notifying everyone. That's just cruel
Bvetgirl23
Full Member
Same !!!! My heart stopped.. just to be disappointed by a survey lolI thought it was an admission decision so I was scared to open it at first
LIUDVM2024
New Member
Hey! Send me a message if you accepted a seat to LIU and want to start a group chat!
Hi everyone, was wondering what people who are starting in the fall plan on doing for housing. Is anyone living on campus, renting off campus, etc.? I know it's rather expensive on Long Island so trying to consider some options
Email and then snail mail a few days later as well as the personal message from the deanHow did you find out through email or snail mail?
Housing on Long Island is outrageous, let alone in that area. I’m lucky and I love 20 mins from the college. If you’re not from around here, your best bet is living in campus and getting a meal plan.Hi everyone, was wondering what people who are starting in the fall plan on doing for housing. Is anyone living on campus, renting off campus, etc.? I know it's rather expensive on Long Island so trying to consider some options
MohnishP_98
Full Member
Housing on Long Island is outrageous, let alone in that area. I’m lucky and I love 20 mins from the college. If you’re not from around here, your best bet is living in campus and getting a meal plan.
Did you get your acceptance after the CASPer if so how long after and if you don t mind what were your stats I just want to know if I had a chance if getting in
Christina Middendorf
New Member
Hey! Send me a message if you accepted a seat to LIU and want to start a group chat!
I haven’t accepted my seat yet because I just opened my acceptance letter last night but I’m going to commit soon! I would definitely be down for a group chat [emoji23]
Christina Middendorf
New Member
Did you get your acceptance after the CASPer if so how long after and if you don t mind what were your stats I just want to know if I had a chance if getting in
I took my CASPer test on Wednesday and received my acceptance letter through snail mail last night. I honestly think the later you applied the later you hear your status because I applied real last minute and thought the forgot about me for awhile [emoji28]
I think the timing is random. I submitted my application 2/3 days after it opened and only just heard back now.Did you get your acceptance after the CASPer if so how long after and if you don t mind what were your stats I just want to know if I had a chance if getting in
I got the acceptance email the day before I took the CASPer.
My cumulative GPA was 3.499, my last 45 credit hour GPA was low at 2.9 as I ruptured my ear drums during one of those semesters and as you all know two Cs tank all of your As and Bs 😛, my science GPA was right at 3.4 as well.
My GRE was just about average: verbal 151, quant 147, analytical writing 4.5.
I did have a lot of experience hours and research experience. So I’m not sure if that helped me in anyway.
I haven’t heard anything. No communication what so ever except my application was complete and under review
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MohnishP_98
Full Member
Thank youI think the timing is random. I submitted my application 2/3 days after it opened and only just heard back now.
I got the acceptance email the day before I took the CASPer.
My cumulative GPA was 3.499, my last 45 credit hour GPA was low at 2.9 as I ruptured my ear drums during one of those semesters and as you all know two Cs tank all of your As and Bs 😛, my science GPA was right at 3.4 as well.
My GRE was just about average: verbal 151, quant 147, analytical writing 4.5.
I did have a lot of experience hours and research experience. So I’m not sure if that helped me in anyway.
MohnishP_98
Full Member
But I don’t understand what’s is the purpose of the Casper if they are accepting you before you before you take it even thought they are making everybody take itThank you
Me as well. Paid them $50 to not be able to have any access to what was going on with my application. If they know we are denied why are they keeping us waiting. Just tell usI haven’t heard anything. No communication what so ever except my application was complete and under review
MohnishP_98
Full Member
Do you mind giving your stats I just want to see if I will get in or not? Also is this your first time applyingI interviewed 3/14 and just got my acceptance by snail mail postmarked 3/17 (official letter and dean’s note) and never got an email notification. I took the Casper test on 3/18, because it’s a new school I’m assuming the test is just a measure they will be using in the future or with waitlist applicants?
I just want to hear something. I was one of the first people to apply thinking it would benefit me in the long run but it did not at all. Thanks for sharing your stats, it is definitely helpful! 5 more days, it feels almost pointless to even think they are still sending out letters at this point. The fact that they aren't sending email acceptances anymore either is strange. Still upset about the survey email lol. As for you guys looking for housing you may have to consider living in Queens as there are a lot more options, it isn't that far away from LIU (20 mins)
I had my interview on the 1st and was accepted on the 6th but still had to take my CASPer last week. ♀️I took my CASPer test on Wednesday and received my acceptance letter through snail mail last night. I honestly think the later you applied the later you hear your status because I applied real last minute and thought the forgot about me for awhile [emoji28]
MohnishP_98
Full Member
I emailed them and this is the response I got so there is still hope but I think everyone that is curious should email [email protected] to see if we get similes answer or they or stil giving us a generic responseI had my interview on the 1st and was accepted on the 6th but still had to take my CASPer last week. ♀
Attachments
I know that housing off campus can be expensive, but room and board (including a meal plan) was quoted to me around $20k per year and I have found some rental houses that are cheaper. if anyone is from the area, is there a decent amount of public transportation near campus that I could use to get from off campus?Hi everyone, was wondering what people who are starting in the fall plan on doing for housing. Is anyone living on campus, renting off campus, etc.? I know it's rather expensive on Long Island so trying to consider some options
Bvetgirl23
Full Member
Finally accepted !!!!!!
MohnishP_98
Full Member
Via email or post?Finally accepted !!!!!!
Bvetgirl23
Full Member
Email !Via email or post?
Bvetgirl23
Full Member
Definitely would be interested in a group chat !I haven’t accepted my seat yet because I just opened my acceptance letter last night but I’m going to commit soon! I would definitely be down for a group chat [emoji23]
Yes! Interested in group chat too.Definitely would be interested in a group chat !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There’s a group chat a few posts up!
I think the timing is random. I submitted my application 2/3 days after it opened and only just heard back now.
I got the acceptance email the day before I took the CASPer.
My cumulative GPA was 3.499, my last 45 credit hour GPA was low at 2.9 as I ruptured my ear drums during one of those semesters and as you all know two Cs tank all of your As and Bs 😛, my science GPA was right at 3.4 as well.
My GRE was just about average: verbal 151, quant 147, analytical writing 4.5.
I did have a lot of experience hours and research experience. So I’m not sure if that helped me in anyway.
Really? I haven't heard anything, and the status still shows it's processed..
I submitted my application on 1/15. I got the email asking for further information, but when I email back with questions regarding those supplement documents, they replied to me "Please note that the deadline for this program was January 15th. Any late documents will be left up to the department’s discretion." I thought we'll have a period of time to submit those documents, which I did after 1/15, but they never get back to me anymore.
how can I get added!There’s a group chat a few posts up!
Yeah I also saw that room and board would be about that and that's why I'm thinking apartments/houses would be cheaper options, especially the further out east you go. But with rush hour traffic in the morning, you could technically be 30 minutes away but the commute could take anywhere from 1-1.5 hours.I know that housing off campus can be expensive, but room and board (including a meal plan) was quoted to me around $20k per year and I have found some rental houses that are cheaper. if anyone is from the area, is there a decent amount of public transportation near campus that I could use to get from off campus?
There's an HOV lane you on the LIE you can drive in that usually runs a bit quicker but you have to have a green-pass vehicle or multiple passengers. There are buses on the island but if they get stuck in the traffic that won't really help either. There's also the LIRR but the train runs through the middle of the island so you would still have to commute from the station to campus. Other than that there's ubers, lyfts, etc. It's tough bc the closer you are to the campus the more expensive it'll be, and the further you are the worse the commute could be
& tuition is already so expensive! I'm happy to have been accepted but now it's real and the planning is stressful