LIU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here! Still haven't heard anything!

Yea, same here, I also have an acceptance elsewhere, and one more interview lined up (will Illinois). LIU was never very high up on my list, but still, the earlier the answers come from the remaining schools, the more time I have to make my final decision on which school to attend.

I definitely agree! "Nice but disorganized." Hopefully for future applicants, they will get more organized as they get more comfortable with the admissions process.

That makes more sense now why it is taking longer to hear! But if they already seated a full class, why are they still interviewing?!?!? (No offense to anyone that has an interview on that day...-the idea just doesn't make much sense to me).
They did not anticipate seating the full class from that round of interviews. Between not quite right fits and people who will choose to go elsewhere...so who knows.

Members don't see this ad.

For those that heard back after the interview, how soon after did you hear back?
idk if anyone ever answered u before but I interview 1/5 and then got accepted 1/19

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an instate applicant, was offered an interview on saturday for feb 15th and that was my first time hearing from LIU since submitting my app in Sept 2020.
I have an interview Monday too! I wasn’t too stressed until I got on here and looked at what others were saying 😔

Hey everyone. I have an interview on Monday, and I’m more nervous after checking out this site. Advice on staying calm and not ruining it?

I have an interview Monday too! I wasn’t too stressed until I got on here and looked at what others were saying 😔
You’re going to do just fine. They just wanna see how you think. No right or wrong answers. You’ll have three minutes to read the slide with the scenario, you can take notes, you’ll spend seven minutes discussing your response to the prompt and any follow-up questions they may ask you. The interviewers are super nice.

You’re going to do just fine. They just wanna see how you think. No right or wrong answers. You’ll have three minutes to read the slide with the scenario, you can take notes, you’ll spend seven minutes discussing your response to the prompt and any follow-up questions they may ask you. The interviewers are super nice.
Being able to take notes makes me feel a little better in case I lose my thought. At this point, I’m stressed after seeing people say how many acceptances were already sent out

Being able to take notes makes me feel a little better in case I lose my thought. At this point, I’m stressed after seeing people say how many acceptances were already sent out
many schools offer acceptance to 2-3 students per seat because they know most will accept a seat elsewhere. They sent out acceptances to 130 of the 350 people they interviewed first round.

many schools offer acceptance to 2-3 students per seat because they know most will accept a seat elsewhere. They sent out acceptances to 130 of the 350 people they interviewed first round.
I know, I’ve just never looked before to see other people talking about already getting accepted before I even interviewed so I guess it’s just adding more stress. Especially with this being my only interview.

I know, I’ve just never looked before to see other people talking about already getting accepted before I even interviewed so I guess it’s just adding more stress. Especially with this being my only interview.
Hang in there gf, I can understand your stress but keep in mind that good things come to those who work for them. As long as you never give up on your dream, you will get accepted into Veterinary school someday.

Reactions: 1 users
Hang in there gf, I can understand your stress but keep in mind that good things come to those who work for them. As long as you never give up on your dream, you will get accepted into Veterinary school someday.
I know, I know. I had my interview this morning, so now I just wait and see what happens. Got off the interview, left for work, and got attacked by questions when I walked in 😂😂

My interview is in a little less than 2 hours! Butterflies are in full effect. Any last minutes tips appreciated <3

My interview is in a little less than 2 hours! Butterflies are in full effect. Any last minutes tips appreciated <3
Everyone was really nice when I interviewed. Do be mindful of time and keep your answers concise and coherent - which I had trouble with. They always asked follow up questions so be prepared to back up your response with reasoning! You'll do great, don't sweat it:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Reading this thread about people getting accepted broke my heart, so I'm just going to take it as a rejection and move forward. I'm very happy for all of you who got in, and for everyone who was invited to interview today! Good luck!
When did you interview? I know they said they do a rolling admissions process.

Anyone who interviewed today.. have they said when we should hear something? I interviewed earlier in January.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who interviewed today.. have they said when we should hear something? I interviewed earlier in January.
she said that the committee was meeting this week and that things were going to be sent over to the Dean

They said they will be inviting in waves until the class is full before they even consider a waitlist.

They said they will be inviting in waves until the class is full before they even consider a waitlist.
Does that mean people who didn't get interviews still have a chance to receive one?

What if Byanna is a boy named Bryan na and you just called him gf 🤭🧐
Lol sorry I had to

Reading this thread about people getting accepted broke my heart, so I'm just going to take it as a rejection and move forward. I'm very happy for all of you who got in, and for everyone who was invited to interview today! Good luck!
You may very well be waitlisted. And that's not a rejection per say.

I’m a girl! GF is safe to say 😂😂
tenor.gif

Guuuuuuurrrrllllll you’re funny 😂 I wish I had friends like you who are applying to vet school

• Haha
You may very well be waitlisted. And that's not a rejection per say.
i haven’t heard ANYTHING at all. last year i interviewed and got wait listed. this year, no emails, no call back after i left a message, no replies to my emails asking them for an update.

i haven’t heard ANYTHING at all. last year i interviewed and got wait listed. this year, no emails, no call back after i left a message, no replies to my emails asking them for an update.
From what I understood on Monday, they’re not saying anything about waitlist or denials until after all seats are filled.

From what I understood on Monday, they’re not saying anything about waitlist or denials until after all seats are filled.
do you think it’s safe to assume at this point that i won’t be offered an interview, though? obviously nobody has any definite answers loool

do you think it’s safe to assume at this point that i won’t be offered an interview, though? obviously nobody has any definite answers loool
Honestly, I don’t know what their timeline is for interviews and how they schedule them. Even if you didn’t get one this year, don’t give up. (I’m not sure if you got one anywhere else)

Honestly, I don’t know what their timeline is for interviews and how they schedule them. Even if you didn’t get one this year, don’t give up. (I’m not sure if you got one anywhere else)
thanks for your encouragement ): 🙏 interviewed with western and waitlisted for 2 other schools /: so my hope is dwindling, but i’m trying to hold onto it!

thanks for your encouragement ): 🙏 interviewed with western and waitlisted for 2 other schools /: so my hope is dwindling, but i’m trying to hold onto it!
I sent you a message so we don’t gotta keep spamming everyone else haha

I would give the school a call. I called them recently because I wasn't getting a response about my prereqs. Then the secretary made sure someone answered me lol.
Ik for other schools you dont hear if you are off waitlist until literally the deadline. Bht idk if liu even gave out a waitlist. Personally I havnt accepted my seat yet just because I have until april... and so like why put down 500 bucks now lol they never responded when I asked if it could be a problem like if I could lose my seat but I dont think I can I mean they wouldn't give us until April and then say oops sorry you can't go noww..

• Dislike
ike if I could lose my seat but I dont think I can I mean they wouldn't give us until April and then say oops sorry you can't go noww..
This is exactly what happened at Western in Pomona the last two cycles. People accepted their seats and paid their deposit. But the class was over full and Western pushed them from accepted to the front of the wait list.

This is exactly what happened at Western in Pomona the last two cycles. People accepted their seats and paid their deposit. But the class was over full and Western pushed them from accepted to the front of the wait list.
wow, that's absolutely insane. I heard that they over accepted in the past but I never heard that they push your acceptance to the front of the waitlist.

wow, that's absolutely insane. I heard that they over accepted in the past but I never heard that they push your acceptance to the front of the waitlist.
Check out the last several pages for the threads for 2024 and 2023. It was atrocious

Check out the last several pages for the threads for 2024 and 2023. It was atrocious
That's some serious nonsense...I'd have flipped the table and looked for a way to lawyer up. I'm not like that, at all, I really don't like making things ugly or complicated but that's someone's life path...and potentially a declined and no longer available seat elsewhere. I'd be incensed. I looked through the threads...should is such a weak loop-hole word...I can't believe this was allowed to go on for more than one cycle, and with no real repercussions.

Reactions: 4 users
Is there any way you can send in a deposit and then withdraw it? Or can that only happen after April 15th?

Crap so your saying i should accept sooner than later ? I just have to fork out 700 bucks soon for my last prereq and so I was kinda just waiting a bit lol.

Can someone email them about this. Or call? I've allready annoyed them enough I feel. I just want a definite answer on a date for the deposite . I asked and got ignored. Like legitimately they answered my other question but not about the deposite. I really don't want to loose my seat but I also don't see the need in paying 2 months early. Maybe I should just do it idk.

Can someone email them about this. Or call? I've allready annoyed them enough I feel. I just want a definite answer on a date for the deposite . I asked and got ignored. Like legitimately they answered my other question but not about the deposite. I really don't want to loose my seat but I also don't see the need in paying 2 months early. Maybe I should just do it idk.
if it's something you're really worried about, you could ask the liu facebook group

Same thing with me!! Last year interviewed and this year nothing.

The national acceptance day is April 15, the same day it has been every single year lol

The national acceptance day is April 15, the same day it has been every single year lol
Thats when you have to make your decision by not when they accept you. Although most schools only let waitlist students know if they are accepted around the time and some even as late as August.

Thats when you have to make your decision by not when they accept you. Although most schools only let waitlist students know if they are accepted around the time and some even as late as August.
Yes, I am aware. This is an answer towards when your deposit is due. You keep talking about and questioning your deposit. You don't have to do anything until April 15 if you "can't be bothered"

Is there any way you can send in a deposit and then withdraw it? Or can that only happen after April 15th?
I don't believe that schools will give you a refund on your deposit (maybe in some extenuating circumstances, but for the majority I think they're non-refundable)
Crap so your saying i should accept sooner than later ?
The Western situation is....not great but also is something that's only been seen from Western, there was nothing like that for LIU acceptances/any other school's acceptances last year. You should be alright if you wait a bit to send the deposit, or if you want extra peace of mind you can call them and say you've heard about the "accepted waitlist" that has happened at Western and wanted to confirm that's not something you would have to worry about with accepting your seat here. Plus if you call them and don't say your name, then they won't know it's you asking and you don't have to worry about annoying them! (although I'd be surprised if they're truly annoyed over questions like this anyway)

Yes, I am aware. This is an answer towards when your deposit is due. You keep talking about and questioning your deposit. You don't have to do anything until April 15 if you "can't be bothered"
I didnt question when its due. I questioned putting it down earlier because people mentioned you can lose the seat. Its not a cant be bothered situation its a im not rich and 500 bucks is a lot to fork out at once situation. I have the right to keep talking about it just like others have the right to complain about not hearing back constantly.