LIU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

every time someone asks no one answers lol
Here’s the post that had a bunch of students responses!
07D2B029-D9C7-4587-A858-19E48DE2BF46.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wrote one of those people and got really vague answers. Maybe I need to yell at them a bit and tell them I don't want to read the brochure, I want the dirty details lol
I would take one of the students up on their offer to zoom - i doubt anyone would say anything super negative on such a public forum
 
I agree! Some people declined their interview offers and more people will most likely decline their offer to LIU if they are accepted to a cheaper/in-state/top school. So I wouldn't give up hope just yet. No news is good news and I hope you get communication soon just as I hope we get admissions decisions this week🙂
Yes I second this, If I am accepted to my
IS school I will not be going to LIU if accepted there too. (have an Interview with IS school next saturday) I was close to withdrawing my
application, but decided not to. I wouldn’t lose hope, i’m sure there are plenty of people with this perspective.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought that far too. But I dropped it. They would just give us an estimated timeline like every one else. It’s really all up in the air at this point - I’m so done !
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought that far too. But I dropped it. They would just give us an estimated timeline like every one else. It’s really all up in the air at this point - I’m so done !
I mean after the interview Dr Inzana did say they would be making final decisions early last week and handing them over to the dean by the end of the week. So by her words the dean should already have decisions by now. I mean they could have possibly got behind on their decision making but based on what she said I was hoping we would have heard back by now.
 
I mean after the interview Dr Inzana did say they would be making final decisions early last week and handing them over to the dean by the end of the week. So by her words the dean should already have decisions by now. I mean they could have possibly got behind on their decision making but based on what she said I was hoping we would have heard back by now.
They are allowed to release decisions whenever they see fit. I feel like everyone forgets that their faculty are people too and that the dean is not obligated to release decisions at their earliest convince. Many schools don't release decisions until Feb/March. Things happen that can result in delayed results and we just had a holiday yesterday. Sooo it'll happen whenever it happens
Plus, the dean has the final say on who gets in and who doesn't so even if the faculty agrees on someone its up to the dean to make the final decision.
 
They are allowed to release decisions whenever they see fit. I feel like everyone forgets that their faculty are people too and that the dean is not obligated to release decisions at their earliest convince. Many schools don't release decisions until Feb/March. Things happen that can result in delayed results and we just had a holiday yesterday. Sooo it'll happen whenever it happens
Plus, the dean has the final say on who gets in and who doesn't so even if the faculty agrees on someone its up to the dean to make the final decision.
I completely agree that they are people too and aren’t obligated to release decisions at the earliest convenience. All I meant was that they should not have said we would be hearing back soon if they were not planning on actually releasing decisions anytime soon
 
I mean after the interview Dr Inzana did say they would be making final decisions early last week and handing them over to the dean by the end of the week. So by her words the dean should already have decisions by now. I mean they could have possibly got behind on their decision making but based on what she said I was hoping we would have heard back by now.
Dr Inzana did say she couldn’t speak to the dean’s time line. So it could be a bit.