LIU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same and my anxiety has been through the roof!
Same! I just wish they would send an email and just say when we should expect to hear anything

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone who interviewed so far, do you have any tips on how to prepare? Were the questions more ethical based and were there any that really threw you off? Thank you in advance and good luck to anyone with interviews coming up!!

For anyone who interviewed so far, do you have any tips on how to prepare? Were the questions more ethical based and were there any that really threw you off? Thank you in advance and good luck to anyone with interviews coming up!!
Use a notepad to jot your thoughts down, and really just answer honestly. They're not the type of questions where there's a right or wrong answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been watching videos on ethics and reading up on current events/issues facing veterinarians. Practice answering with a timer :)

So we know that they’re interviewing 350 people the first round (or at least invited that many), do we know how many they are accepting or waitlisting from the first round?

Reactions: 2 users
Ok I’m glad I’m not the only one who had a panicked run to grab my ID! Lol I definitely felt flustered because of that and was worried I got off to a shaky start, but everyone was super nice! I generally wrapped up my answers 1-2 minutes before the end of the time period and the interviewers all had additional follow-up questions to tack on. Surprisingly, that part didn’t feel very stressful, it was more conversational. So don’t worry if this is your first MMI, I was super stressed about it and really it wasn’t bad at all.
We're there any questions about vets specifically (aka should we know current trending topics)? or were the questions mostly ethical scenarios or person questions (like whats your greatest weakness)?

We're there any questions about vets specifically (aka should we know current trending topics)? or were the questions mostly ethical scenarios or person questions (like whats your greatest weakness)?
The questions had a little bit of everything. We can't say much without giving the specifics but just be prepared to answer a variety of questions
Honestly, the questions are not bad. I did my interview sleep deprived and it went pretty well. They don't create a stressful environment

Definitely practice some scenarios. One question was actually pretty similar to a scenario that I had when I took the CASPer test. So maybe try to go over some scenarios like that. Some of the scenarios are geared more towards vet related issues so make sure you know where you stand on some of those issues. After you finish answering how you respond to the scenarios, they do have follow up questions or add onto the scenarios/change it up a bit! Good luck guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Definitely practice some scenarios. One question was actually pretty similar to a scenario that I had when I took the CASPer test. So maybe try to go over some scenarios like that. Some of the scenarios are geared more towards vet related issues so make sure you know where you stand on some of those issues. After you finish answering how you respond to the scenarios, they do have follow up questions or add onto the scenarios/change it up a bit! Good luck guys!
I agree with this completely! If you felt comfortable with the CASPer, you will be fine with this!

Just finished my interview. I think it was like a casper test for sure. The professors were so sweet. Today is the last day for the first round of interviews. Now let us anxiously spam check our email to hear back. Good luck everyone!

Just finished my interview. I think it was like a casper test for sure. The professors were so sweet. Today is the last day for the first round of interviews. Now let us anxiously spam check our email to hear back. Good luck everyone!
I agree, everyone was super easy going and friendly and it didn't feel pressured at all.

Is anyone emailing a thank you to the interviewers post interview?

I hope we hear back soon! I'm so anxious to know whether I got in or not. Hopefully we hear sooner rather than later. Like I feel like my interview went well, but you never know exactly what they are looking for or how well others did compared to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
At the end of my interview (which was great everyone was so nice) I believe they said they would be seating the class next week so I’m pretty sure we will hear some time next week regarding decision!!!

Reactions: 3 users
At the end of my interview (which was great everyone was so nice) I believe they said they would be seating the class next week so I’m pretty sure we will hear some time next week regarding decision!!!
Karen said she and the team would be discussing candidates early this week and then passing names to Dean, but that she could not speak to the Dean’s timeline for sending out offers.(the 10:15am round)

had my interview today, much easier than anticipated if you have pondered standard conflicts in the field. a few were scenarios you may be asked about in a normal interview, but most were based on ethical questions you’ll run into as a vet. :)

I can’t remember if this was said or not but are we all going to get our decisions at the same time or will they be calling for acceptances then sending out waitlist/rejection after

I can’t remember if this was said or not but are we all going to get our decisions at the same time or will they be calling for acceptances then sending out waitlist/rejection after
they did not say at the 10:15 round.

For anyone else that didn't get an interview offer- have you heard anything yet?
Apparently they told people who interviewed that decisions were coming out soon. A little frustrating that LIU couldn’t just send out denials if they really already knew and were telling people who interviewed 🤷🏼‍♀️

Apparently they told people who interviewed that decisions were coming out soon. A little frustrating that LIU couldn’t just send out denials if they really already knew and were telling people who interviewed 🤷🏼‍♀️
I was on the 2nd days of interviews and they didn't even mention anything regarding when decisions were coming, when next round of interviews would take or even anything about the schools curriculum or program. I literally have no knowledge on the school or what their timeline is

They don't do that because it's not a guarantee that they'll choose the full class from the first 350 interviewed.

Haven't gotten anything yet - I'm panic stricken. Literally spent the last 24 hours on this forum to hear some scrap of news... Its already the 10th for crying out loud. I get emails from ROSS on a daily basis just promoting their program and I didn't even apply there! They're the only school that has it together I feel like.

Haven't gotten anything yet - I'm panic stricken. Literally spent the last 24 hours on this forum to hear some scrap of news... Its already the 10th for crying out loud. I get emails from ROSS on a daily basis just promoting their program and I didn't even apply there! They're the only school that has it together I feel like.
yeah the cycle this year is a straight mess lol
where else did you apply?

hopefully you get good news! I wish LIU had more information and was more responsive and informative similar to Tufts or VM
thank you! you as well ! Seriously they are slacking with the communication...

We were told they would discuss the candidates from this round early this week and pass on the selected names to the dean, they couldn't speak to the dean's timeline for offers. They also mentioned (earlier in this thread) that additional interviews may come up. So the rejections etc may not have happened because they may not have successfully seated the entire class from the interviews performed. I know it stinks having to wait. Someone else mentioned a video tour coming out soon. Unfortunately the interview procedure used didn't allow time for asking questions about the programs, so we too, are hoping for more information to come.

We were told they would discuss the candidates from this round early this week and pass on the selected names to the dean, they couldn't speak to the dean's timeline for offers. They also mentioned (earlier in this thread) that additional interviews may come up. So the rejections etc may not have happened because they may not have successfully seated the entire class from the interviews performed. I know it stinks having to wait. Someone else mentioned a video tour coming out soon. Unfortunately the interview procedure used didn't allow time for asking questions about the programs, so we too, are hoping for more information to come.
I agree! Some people declined their interview offers and more people will most likely decline their offer to LIU if they are accepted to a cheaper/in-state/top school. So I wouldn't give up hope just yet. No news is good news and I hope you get communication soon just as I hope we get admissions decisions this week:)

I agree! Some people declined their interview offers and more people will most likely decline their offer to LIU if they are accepted to a cheaper/in-state/top school. So I wouldn't give up hope just yet. No news is good news and I hope you get communication soon just as I hope we get admissions decisions this week:)
thanks for the information! and keeping fingers crossed - :lol:

Yea that was one thing I didn't like about their interview process: not being able to ask questions!

Yea that was one thing I didn't like about their interview process: not being able to ask questions!
I agree--I actually had like 3 minutes left in one scenario and chatted with that Dr. about finding housing and his commute etc which was helpful life info but told me nothing about the school lol

The anticipation is killing me... 😂

1610476076947.png

• Haha
I looked at last year’s thread and it looked like the people who interviewed the first day heard back the next week! I hope it’s similar for all of us

I looked at last year’s thread and it looked like the people who interviewed the first day heard back the next week! I hope it’s similar for all of us
I noticed that too!! I’ve been checking my email every five minutes😅 lol

Hi! I think you were in my interview group! I only realized because your last name is so unique! Hope it went well for you!
That's so funny! I hope it went well for you also. Do you know when we will be hearing back?

Why am I sitting here at 6am checking my emails thinking something is going to happen at this time

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Just wanted to comment that LIU's application cycle last year was also a massive circus. See last year's SDN thread. I'm disappointed to see they haven't gotten their s#!t together after the experience applicants had last year. In comparison, U of Arizona had a very communicative and clear application process.

If you are able to talk to current students about their experience so far, I'd highly urge you to do so to make sure this is the school for you if you choose to go here if accepted. If their application process is this disorganized and unclear, I would want to know if the current student experience is any better. Vet school is hard enough as it is when everything is going smoothly.

Only some people heard back a week after their interview because LIU initially said they were rolling admisssion. Mid-cycle, they erased that part on their website and decided that the rest will hear back at a specific date (like with most other schools) so most heard back months later in April/May. Some people heard back past the commitment deadline (which I've never heard of any other school doing).

Only some people heard back a week after their interview because LIU initially said they were rolling admisssion. Mid-cycle, they erased that part on their website and decided that the rest will hear back at a specific date (like with most other schools) so most heard back months later in April/May. Some people heard back past the commitment deadline (which I've never heard of any other school doing).
Oh, that is interesting. During my interview it was said we’d hear from them within the next weeks. I was the first day though so maybe they changed their minds

Just wanted to comment that LIU's application cycle last year was also a massive circus. See last year's SDN thread. I'm disappointed to see they haven't gotten their s#!t together after the experience applicants had last year. In comparison, U of Arizona had a very communicative and clear application process.

If you are able to talk to current students about their experience so far, I'd highly urge you to do so to make sure this is the school for you if you choose to go here if accepted. If their application process is this disorganized and unclear, I would want to know if the current student experience is any better. Vet school is hard enough as it is when everything is going smoothly.
I've only managed to identify 1 student--and she loves it--says the staff is super nice, and it's been a positive experience....it's hard, I know they're new but I feel like it's almost MORE important to come out better organized etc to help people feel secure...last year folks heard as late as 3/23 I think...which is kinda nuts....looks like as late as May 11 actually..

Last edited:
I've only managed to identify 1 student--and she loves it--says the staff is super nice, and it's been a positive experience....it's hard, I know they're new but I feel like it's almost MORE important to come out better organized etc to help people feel secure...last year folks heard as late as 3/23 I think...which is kinda nuts....looks like as late as May 11 actually..
Really glad to hear that it's been a positive experience for current students so far :)
n=1, but still

I've only managed to identify 1 student--and she loves it--says the staff is super nice, and it's been a positive experience....it's hard, I know they're new but I feel like it's almost MORE important to come out better organized etc to help people feel secure...last year folks heard as late as 3/23 I think...which is kinda nut

Really glad to hear that it's been a positive experience for current students so far :)
n=1, but still
yeah, but it's the ONLY one lol and that's frightening...I'm from LI originally and when I was in undergrad LIU had a good reputation, not so much now....medical school is a rough way to make a comeback. I really applied there because I figured being new they'd be hard up for strong applicants, so it was my back up plan... How's Penn? :)

check out APVMA on facebook - lots of current LIU students who are happy to zoom/answer questions!