LMU c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As the days keep passing with no calls or updates my patience and sanity continues to dewindle hahaha

As does my hope..

Members don't see this ad.

I really want to just call and ask what is going on, but I don't want to come across as obnoxious

Reactions: 1 user
I really want to just call and ask what is going on, but I don't want to come across as obnoxious

Ditto! I thought about making my husband call lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually called and they said they are still reviewing!

Reactions: 4 users
I actually called and they said they are still reviewing!
Still? Wow that's incredible, but I guess not surprising since they did interview 600 people. Any idea when decisions were coming out?

Still? Wow that's incredible, but I guess not surprising since they did interview 600 people. Any idea when decisions were coming out?

I know right! She was pretty vague about it, but I think these next few weeks. Nothing for certain, though!

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but 1st and 2nd years have spring break this coming Monday, the 13, till Monday, the 20th. 3rd years still have class so I don't know if that will effect the admissions process or the administrative office staff but that's just an FYI if you call next week and no one is there.

Reactions: 1 users
I hate to burst everyone's bubble but 1st and 2nd years have spring break this coming Monday, the 13, till Monday, the 20th. 3rd years still have class so I don't know if that will effect the admissions process or the administrative office staff but that's just an FYI if you call next week and no one is there.
That or it gives them all more time to discuss :thinking: haha I have no clue

That or it gives them all more time to discuss :thinking: haha I have no clue

I know the graduate admissions office at the University I am currently attending doesn't close for Spring break, but I'm sure it's different everywhere.

Absolutely not - I was never asked where else I applied nor if I had taken a seat somewhere else. Per AAVMC policy, students must give a written response of all decisions.

Sorry for the harshness - I just dont want folks to get the impression that this is happening when in fact its not.

Solely commenting discussing which other schools you applied to, I was asked this very question by an interviewer at LMU this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Solely commenting discussing which other schools you applied to, I was asked this very question by an interviewer at LMU this year.

That's... interesting. Is this normal anywhere else? I only had two traditional interviews this year (Iowa and Minnesota) and then an MMI at MSU. No one ever asked about where else I applied.

Fingers crossed we get some phone calls this weekend :)

At this point I am waiting for snail mail! I'm sure my neighbors get a kick out of me waiting at the door for the mail lady to drive by.

Reactions: 3 users
Our admissions office will not be closed this week, if there was a week to hope for it would probably be this one since most of us are gone! Keep your heads up you will find out soon enough

Reactions: 7 users
At their presentation on my interview day (2/6) they said they'll be sending admissions decisions out in March, and to not worry if you haven't heard from them until the month is over. I hope that brings an ounce of comfort !

I have a feeling it'll be this week since it's spring break for 1st and 2nd years. If not then this is just ridiculous hahaha

I really hope it works out for you guys that are still waiting on a decision! I would bet on sometime this week considering most of the college is on break. But who knows, we all like to make our assumptions to keep our sanity haha :rolleyes:

I take it no phone calls this weekend?

Aren't they supposed to get back to us by march 17th according to AVMA regulations?

Aren't they supposed to get back to us by march 17th according to AVMA regulations?
AVMA doesn't regulate Veterinary College admissions, AAVMC does. April 17th is the only deadline for either party involved in the application process, that deadline is for students to give their decision of whether they will be attending or not.

It sounds like in previous years a fair amount of student end up rejecting their admission for their IS schools, so maybe they're waiting so long so they can have a bit more feedback and accept more students rather than waitlist them then accept them. Just an idea, not sure if that's their thinking!
But try to keep your head up, I know it's such a painful wait.

Reactions: 5 users
Any calls today?

Considering Accepted Students Day at LMU is next Friday, I would think we should hear this week.

Considering Accepted Students Day at LMU is next Friday, I would think we should hear this week.

Losing hope for acceptance. That's short notice to attend that date.

This is my last hope this year, you?

I was accepted to Ross, but LMU is my first choice. Chin up, there's no way they've filled all the seats yet :)

I was accepted to Ross, but LMU is my first choice. Chin up, there's no way they've filled all the seats yet :)

Congrats, and thank you I'm trying!

Reactions: 2 users
I checked the Facebook page again and there's 72 members. To my knowledge, a lot of those are current students so I wouldn't give up hope just yet guys!

Question for current students: How often is it acceptable to wear scrubs?

Last edited:
So .. is the thought that it will be tomorrow, since on at least a couple of occasions it was said that everyone would know by 03/15???

So .. is the thought that it will be tomorrow, since on at least a couple of occasions it was said that everyone would know by 03/15???
I'm not sure about that..I think that is just hearsay but I sure hope it's true! LMU is my last opportunity, as of today, for the c/o 2021 cycle. Good luck to all in the coming days!

A month out from the decision deadline is actually Friday. Students have till April 17 to decide this year cause the 15th is on the weekend.

Question for current students: How often is it acceptable to wear scrubs?

You can wear scrubs for small animal labs, but professional dress is required for all lectures/outside lab. The dress code is really reasonable-I wear a polo and nice jeans with Danskos basically every day.

You can wear scrubs for small animal labs, but professional dress is required for all lectures/outside lab. The dress code is really reasonable-I wear a polo and nice jeans with Danskos basically every day.

Awesome, thank you!

Starting to feel like maybe we won't hear back today, hopefully I'm wrong though!

Starting to feel like maybe we won't hear back today, hopefully I'm wrong though!

I concur. But it is getting pretty late in the game...and I don't think that's just my impatience talking haha. They have to get these decisions out soon. I know that IF I get in, I don't want to be scrambling for the money to put my deposit down before the deadline. Plus I really want the time to go over my decision, be it here or SGU.

If there's even a decision to make. I might not get in at all of course :p The anxiety is a killer!!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I concur. But it is getting pretty late in the game...and I don't think that's just my impatience talking haha. They have to get these decisions out soon. I know that IF I get in, I don't want to be scrambling for the money to put my deposit down before the deadline. Plus I really want the time to go over my decision, be it here or SGU.

If there's even a decision to make. I might not get in at all of course :p The anxiety is a killer!!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Ugh I'm in the same position! Waitlisted at one school and then just waiting on a decision here. I keep going over all of these potential scenarios in my head and get so anxious and then I realize that it's very possible I won't get in anywhere at all :bang:

Reactions: 3 users
Ugh I'm in the same position! Waitlisted at one school and then just waiting on a decision here. I keep going over all of these potential scenarios in my head and get so anxious and then I realize that it's very possible I won't get in anywhere at all :bang:
Same boat man I feel yah

I'm really tempted to email and ask but I am afraid I will get the same vague you'll know eventually response

I'm really tempted to email and ask but I am afraid I will get the same vague you'll know eventually response
I feel like at this point we all deserve a definitive answer

I feel like at this point we all deserve a definitive answer

I just sent her an email, I will update if/when I get a response!

Reactions: 2 users